Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3422525 times)

Offline vitri

• Pool Baron (on away goals). Shit scared of Enemy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pro-Rafa. Hates it when people say "EPL"
Re: Manchester City
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2011, 02:01:18 pm »
Obviously it depends on who is in line to replace him if he does go, It would be criminal to sack him. He just doesn't seem to give any of the players any confidence in their abilities, always criticising them on the pitch.

I don't think Benitez would be ideal for us, we have many defensive players at City and I think he suits a more attacking approach. We are pretty similar to Inter and he didn't do too well there. We have the money to invest in the players he wants but I suppose we have to start considering the FFP rules.

Can we have Dalglish? :)

I don't understand. I read the papers and watch sky and listen to talksport and Rafa was a boring, defensive manager.
Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »
Can they still going spending mental in the Summer or have the fair play rules started.

They are going to be a total pain in the ass in the summer pissing clubs off all around Europe.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2011, 03:25:22 pm »
All the money they have spent they look absolutely toothless without tevez. I'd even argue that even though he's a nut job, loaning bellamy out was a big mistake he was performing to a good standard last year along with tevez was carrying that team.

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2011, 04:44:55 pm »
I don't understand. I read the papers and watch sky and listen to talksport and Rafa was a boring, defensive manager.

Theres your problem :) He was far from defensive.

Can they still going spending mental in the Summer or have the fair play rules started.

They are going to be a total pain in the ass in the summer pissing clubs off all around Europe.

Think they start in June but don't come into effect until next year I think.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2011, 04:46:42 pm »
Ancelotti would be good for City. He was doing fine until Roman wanted to play Football Manager again.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2011, 04:57:18 pm »
Just in their striker force alone, they have spent £184m in the last 3 seasons. (Ballotelli, Dzeko, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Jo, Robinho, Adebayour, Bellamy).

And the way it has panned out so far, the only one that is still at the club who has been a success, is Tevez. And he could be on his way if rumours are true.

Offline vitri

• Pool Baron (on away goals). Shit scared of Enemy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pro-Rafa. Hates it when people say "EPL"
« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2011, 05:36:54 pm »
Theres your problem :) He was far from defensive.

I'm glad you think so but I fear my wit is too much for you old chum   ;)

I was just being a bit of a sarcy bastard.

Edit: On second reading, you may have realised I was joking and just been taking the opportunity to add an extra pop at talkshite. If so, apologies and fair play.

Ancelotti would be good for City. He was doing fine until Roman wanted to play Football Manager again.

Problem is the potential for the money to turn the City owners into wannabe Football Managers too. You'd need some pretty big assurances that the money men would have a hands off attitude and let the manager do his thing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:39:52 pm by vitri »
Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2011, 05:40:23 pm »
Ibrahimovic and Ballotelli? Why not go the whole hog and sign Nicolas Bendtner aswell?

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2011, 05:45:11 pm »
Ibrahimovic and Ballotelli? Why not go the whole hog and sign Nicolas Bendtner aswell?

I think Ibra will stay and Ballotelli will go to Milan. It is part of their plan to have every underachieving prick forward in the world on their books. Casassno, Robinho, Ibra, Balloteli.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2011, 05:53:20 pm »
Barely ?? 7 points ahead of 5th....2 points behind 3rd, 5 points behind 2nd. Finishing 3rd isn't completely out of the question yet.

We and tottenham were hounding on your backs, you can say 'barely. You drew/lost last night you would of been shitting it son.

I completely agree that we've spent loads and paid over the odds...but who cares ?

Who cares? Fucking city fans, typical. Who cares we've spent loads of money,  too bad teams lower in the table who are desperate for cash and play better football than city can't have their own middle eastern royalty to own them.

Yeah, who cares? Just your reputation as a footballing team cares

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 06:09:37 pm by Mashy-rawr!nooo »
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2011, 05:57:21 pm »

Kenwyne jones, Robbie Keane and Nikola Kalinic too

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2011, 06:02:01 pm »
Anyone who refers to Manchester City as "Shitty" shouldnt be given the right to an internet connection.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2011, 06:06:10 pm »
Anyone who refers to Manchester City as "Shitty" shouldnt be given the right to an internet connection.

Be my guest to take mine away....

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2011, 06:14:02 pm »
Rafa would be better - MCity have no style no overriding approach to the game - I'm not sure what Mancini is doing there
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2011, 06:22:27 pm »

Whole of Red Cafe gone then.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2011, 06:40:01 pm »
http://www.itv.com/granada/fans-early-tattoo67605/

Look at this gormless clown  :o
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Online LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2011, 06:45:24 pm »

:duh what is it with city fans getting tattoos that turn out to be wrong?

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2011, 07:55:56 pm »
http://mcfc.co.uk/News/FA-Cup-countdown/2011/May/Bluffers-guide-to-City

I've just been sent that link. I don't know what to say.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2011, 07:58:27 pm »

They've turned into exactly what they hated. Shame really.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2011, 08:00:34 pm »

What a shit tattoo. Artwork is dreadful
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2011, 08:01:07 pm »

Possibly the stupidest sounding person I have ever heard.
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2011, 08:06:34 pm »

"Come on Stoke" is what I'd go for.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2011, 08:20:55 pm »

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2011, 08:26:52 pm »
I don't think the transfers themselves are the biggest issue - or certainly the quality of player they've signed isn't. Whatever way you look at it they have a very good squad of players. They've overspent but you wouldn't argue with that as a City fan if it brought success. What has been laughable is the way they overstocked themselves up front despite their manager's preference for 1 up front, and the money they're paying their 'back-ups' is enough that they expect to play rather than sit on the bench - there's no way to keep that squad happy, no way.

I said it ages ago and I'll say it again, they've gone far too gung ho too early, paying obscene money to big players and squad players alike. You can see it isn't a happy camp - how could it be the way they've done it? Wouldn't matter if they'd made better transfers, the result would be similar because you simply can't keep that many big money high profile players happy.

I'd back us for a title challenge next year over them simply because there's a structure to what we're doing, a logic for the moves we're making. The young players we're blooding help flesh out the squad without expecting to play every week but we know we can rely on them if we need to. For me, although the squad is still slightly thin, it does give us at least some opportunity to look at quality over quantity.

Reina
Gulasci

Johnson
Kelly
Carra
Skrtel
Agger
Wilson
Flanagan
Robinson

Spearing
Lucas
Mereiles
Gerrard
Maxi
Shelvey

Kuyt
Suarez
Carroll

isn't anywhere near as thin as some would have you believe, and that's just the players I think we'll keep for next year. I'm hoping we'll sign a left-back, centrre-back, centre-mid and 2 wingers to complement that. Easily good enough to compete in 4 competitions with the right additions - and you can see the major difference in team spirit between the sides.

I can't wait for next season.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2011, 08:33:34 pm »
It's easy to say that in hindsight but Gulasci hasn't been tested so we don't know how adequate a back up keeper he is. Kelly still hasn't managed a full season, while Wilson, Flanagan and Robinson look good but they still need managing for the next couple of years or risk being overplayed.
No one would've considered Spearing a worthy squad member prior to this season and to be honest we're looking at replacing the likes of Cole, Poulsen, Konchesky etc rather than just shipping out in order to compete on all fronts.

I said it before in private but from next season we really need to aim to win every trophy. I don't care for prioritisation, when players get it into their heads that some games are less important than others it'll reflect in their performances and if we falter in the competitions we 'aim' for it serves as a psychological blow.

One of our best seasons in recent history was when we were in the 'lesser' UEFA Cup and took the League Cup seriously.
We played every single game and that was one of the biggest squads we had, not the best. If we can manage the fitness of Aurelio, Gerrard and the youngsters then we'll get the most out of the entire squad on our terms, not through necessity.

But that's for another thread.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2011, 09:29:24 pm »
You have to imagine that some of the players brought in, signed because we were after another player and so on. I know the money is about 90% of the persuasion but the players must ask who they're going to be playing with. Signing players to get other players, not ideal. Could you imagine saying to Toure Yaya that he's going to be playing infront of Richard Dunne and beside Stephen Ireland? :)

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2011, 09:36:28 pm »
The thing is though as regards those youngsters you've mentioned if we sign players in the positions I've mentioned you could even consider us strong without them. Kelly for me is still second choice right back behind Johnson, if we sign another centre back Wilson is 5th choice, flanagan and Robinson 3rd choices and spearing competing with gerrard, Lucas, mereiles, and another for the 2 central midfield berths. It's about the fact that we've seen already that in some situations they can be useful rather than any need to overplay them.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2011, 09:40:02 pm »

Embarrassing.

Also what is with the amount of tithead Man City fans who get tattoos of things before theyve happened!! Theres that gimp with Rooney across his back and another guy with Man City Champions League winners 2011 and now this gimp with FA cup winners 2011. Why not just fucking wait, clowns. Hope Stoke batter them.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2011, 09:40:28 pm »
Mcfc1, that's what I mean about building over time instead of going for those big names so early on in the project. It should have been about building a team not what big names you could entice regardless of how they actually fit into the system.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2011, 09:57:16 pm »
Embarrassing.

Also what is with the amount of tithead Man City fans who get tattoos of things before theyve happened!! Theres that gimp with Rooney across his back and another guy with Man City Champions League winners 2011 and now this gimp with FA cup winners 2011. Why not just fucking wait, clowns. Hope Stoke batter them.

The Kaka tattoo was beautiful.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2011, 09:59:26 pm »
They've turned into exactly what they hated. Shame really.

i couldn't agree more
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2011, 10:08:24 pm »
The Kaka tattoo was beautiful.
:lmao Fucking hell, hadnt seen that one before, it seems to be quite a common lack of brain cells among them. Dont know why you'd get a player's name tattooed onto you anyway ???
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2011, 10:12:46 pm »

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2011, 10:16:55 pm »
The thing is though as regards those youngsters you've mentioned if we sign players in the positions I've mentioned you could even consider us strong without them. Kelly for me is still second choice right back behind Johnson, if we sign another centre back Wilson is 5th choice, flanagan and Robinson 3rd choices and spearing competing with gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, and another for the 2 central midfield berths. It's about the fact that we've seen already that in some situations they can be useful rather than any need to overplay them.

Ah well yeah that makes sense ;D

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2011, 10:22:44 pm »
I think Ibra will stay and Ballotelli will go to Milan. It is part of their plan to have every underachieving prick forward in the world on their books. Casassno, Robinho, Ibra, Balloteli.

Do you chat anything other than shit?

Offline kennysmen

• Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2011, 11:06:54 pm »

"If you are asked who your favourite players are from down the years – your credibility is at stake here – don’t say Francis Bell, Colin Summerbee and Yaya Dzeko though these names exists, they are combinations  – have a good scan over the club website and check out who the current favourites are and who the club legends are and take notes!"

Extremely embarrassing, cringing as I read it, the whole concept of a bluffers guide for bandwagon followers?????? Where do you fucking start!!!

Hope Stoke slaughter them!!!
This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves

Offline pink-radebe

• Anny Roader
  • Sharing milkshakes can spread germs.
« Reply #196 on: May 11, 2011, 11:15:45 pm »

Did someone hack the Man City website? That's got to be a wind-up.
Thank you for reading my signature.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 11, 2011, 11:32:54 pm »

Just came here to post this. That really is one of the most embarassing things I've ever seen. On the official site as well! Unbelievable.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2011, 02:48:14 am »
Who on earth thought it was a good idea to put that up on the official site?  Utterly cringeworthy shit.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2011, 03:16:29 am »
come on  stoke!!!!!!!