Author Topic: Doctor Who **USE SPOILER TAGS PLEASE**  (Read 349324 times)

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Doctor Who
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2010, 08:31:28 pm »
I liked Saturday's episode. To paraphrase...

"Where's Scotland?"
"They wanted their own ship"

Lots of Scotland-bashing in the first 2 episodes!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2010, 12:00:32 am »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2010, 01:04:59 am »
The new Battlestar Galactica. Not a human until the last one inute of the final epsiode.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2010, 04:26:53 pm »
The new Battlestar Galactica. Not a human until the last one inute of the final epsiode.

I thought they were all humans (except the toasters like).

Anyway, I loved the last DW episode, watched it twice; first time it was ok, second time was more enjoyable. 
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2010, 09:17:20 pm »
I thought they were all humans (except the toasters like).

Anyway, I loved the last DW episode, watched it twice; first time it was ok, second time was more enjoyable. 

From the ending I thoguht they weren't, but them shagging the natives of our earth made humans.

Wombles!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2010, 11:37:32 pm »
Wombles!

I was in the Wombles Movie. I am (barely) human.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2010, 11:46:10 pm »
The Dark Crystal, no hoomans in that.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2010, 09:09:27 pm »
Well, tonights was...well...shit. And the redhead is getting more annoying every week. Not so much the character but the acting.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2010, 09:15:38 pm »
The assistant seems too confortable with the technology and whole time traveling side of things. In addition she has solved the drama in 2 out of 3 weeks.
The doctor himself seems to charge around WITHOUT knowing the consequences of his actions. Tenant's doctor always seemed to be a step ahead of everyone else, Smith's one seems to be a headless chicken.

Also I'm getting fed up of seeing the crack in the fabric of time every episode, remember we see it but the doctor doesn't.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 09:33:15 pm by StormyDog »
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2010, 09:29:22 pm »
Can we call those iPod Nano Daleks?

Last 2 weeks have seen good ideas/moments wasted in confused stories. I liked the Jammie Dodgers gag, but it's not enough.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2010, 09:35:50 pm »
Okay, so that's the Daleks tossed away like yesterday's papers.Blink was one of the best episodes ever, and was a great, original idea, so I dread to think what they will do with the angels next week.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2010, 09:44:49 pm »
Well that was a little hit and miss, whats up with the rainbow alliance daleks? Not to mention what fat bastards they have become
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2010, 09:59:38 pm »
The series arc used to be subtle and really make you remember the events of the season when it was revealed in the final episode. This series it was obvious from last week what it would be. A poor episode tonight, looking forward to next week, hoping it will improve.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2010, 10:05:54 pm »
Okay, so that's the Daleks tossed away like yesterday's papers.Blink was one of the best episodes ever, and was a great, original idea, so I dread to think what they will do with the angels next week.

Seems to me that it's being set up for another Dalek-heavy end of series story (them time-jumping, Amy's memory etc.).
I was hoping this episode would be the obligatory Dalek episode for the series, and Moffat would do something new and different for the final episodes. Of course, he may prove me wrong.

Not that I've got anything against the Daleks really, it's just that I think there seems to be at least two Dalek episodes per series, and it's a bit of overkill, especially as almost every time, the Doctor destroys the Daleks "for good".

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2010, 10:13:38 pm »
I'm really loving matt smith. Tonights story wasn't great but looking forward to next weeks:)

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2010, 10:28:36 pm »
I like to see the number of episodes extended, like they do with american series, 23 or so rather 13 or 14 to give room for longer story arcs and more two parters (even though I dont like them as I dont like waiting a week to find out what happened :P)

As for the crack, hopefully its a red herring and its overt for a reason, to draw away from the real clues.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2010, 11:23:34 pm »
So they replaced the intimidating "dark" Daleks, for clunky looking, Power Ranger Daleks.

I think Davros would be an interesting enough character to 'freshen up' the Daleks, if they actually used him, rather than tagging him on to the story, rather than (poorly) redesigning them.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2010, 12:00:06 am »
Okay, so that's the Daleks tossed away like yesterday's papers.
Wasn't this the last series where they're contractually obliged to use the Daleks?  Hopefully they'll keep them away for a while now that they're 'building up their army.'

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2010, 04:30:45 am »
Still miss the Dr and Donna, Tennant and Tate (T'n'T)  were Dynamite
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Plinkyplonk

• I orinar en las piscinas. HECHO!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cockles
    • Avon Brixham Liverpool Devon Paignton Torquay
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2010, 11:37:06 am »
Still miss the Dr and Donna, Tennant and Tate (T'n'T)  were Dynamite

They were the best pairing I've ever known...... I love Matt and think he's ace, but Pond has yet to grab me.... she seems too weak for me and I'm not liking that she seems to be solving a hell of a lot.... she's being the doctor better then the doctor in my opinion and that sucks beans.

I was a tad excited about what looked like a good dalek story, but actually, turns out it wasn't as great as the clip suggested.... I did like the jammy dodger situation and also what's being thrown around online as the "power ranger Daleks" made a nice change to the usual tin scrappage... I dunno, maybe I'd have enjoyed it more if in my head I'd not been picturing next weeks and wetting my pants over it....

I'm interested to see what's causing the cracks..... is this their way of getting no more doctors as there can only be 12?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 01:01:44 pm by Kuyty-Loo »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2010, 11:59:47 am »
So they replaced the intimidating "dark" Daleks, for clunky looking, Power Ranger Daleks.

Or to put it another way, they have made all of the old merchandise obsolete and introduced a new range that comes in lots of colours.

Again, the set up was good, and there were some interesting ideas, but the narrative was again poorly handled.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2010, 12:26:12 pm »
With the deal with their being only a finite number of doctors, I'm sure in one of the series where the visit an old library or something they meet someone who says that the doctor is really young, and there is a book detailing his life and he can't look at it and so forth.

Offline RJH

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2010, 12:56:21 pm »
With the deal with their being only a finite number of doctors, I'm sure in one of the series where the visit an old library or something they meet someone who says that the doctor is really young, and there is a book detailing his life and he can't look at it and so forth.

In the one of the old series, it is stated that a Time Lord can only regenerate 12 times before permanently dying.

So actually there can be two more doctors after Smith's.

All that assumes they keep strictly to the limited regenerations idea. Considering the whole messing with the fabric of time and space, multiple dimensions etc. aspect of the programme, it should be fairly easy to write around, assuming they bother to address it at all.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2010, 04:02:10 pm »
Did anyone else expect to see a big DELL logo stamped on the back of the new Daleks?

Lollipop lollipop
Oh lolli lolli lolli
Lollipop.....

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2010, 11:48:01 pm »
Totally forgot, loved the Where Eagles Dare - Broadsword calling Danny Boy bit.

Although when Churchill says to Amy "keep buggering on" I expected him to turn to her with a suggestive wink brandishing a lubed up cigar.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2010, 11:52:35 am »
http://www.thisplanetearth.co.uk/main/

some cool stuff on here. Imagine the Mrs coming home to me sat in a Dalek with the LED light, and the voice box. 'YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED'. That would shit her up.

Offline Plinkyplonk

• I orinar en las piscinas. HECHO!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cockles
    • Avon Brixham Liverpool Devon Paignton Torquay
« Reply #226 on: April 19, 2010, 12:08:23 pm »
I've just seen a pretty funny clip on Matt's facebook for Time of Angels of him doing the tardis sound....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hli6mp1Yf-k&playnext_from=TL&videos=FFeicOCkEvg&feature=recentlik

Which makes me think he's a little bit cute.... maybe it's cos he's showing his simple side :D

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2010, 12:11:05 pm »
Totally forgot, loved the Where Eagles Dare - Broadsword calling Danny Boy bit.

Although when Churchill says to Amy "keep buggering on" I expected him to turn to her with a suggestive wink brandishing a lubed up cigar.
;D

I salute the man with a sicker mind than mine
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Mr Premier League

• Kopite
« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2010, 12:26:29 pm »
Not a huge Doctor Who fan and only watch it every now and again.

Managed to see all 3 episodes with Matt Smith though.

The first one was great, the second episode was really, really good - exactly the kind of future sci fi I'm interested in...but episode 3 reminded me of why I don't watch Doctor Who all the time - it was total junk.
Join my Circus.

Offline lfcss

• dull
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2010, 12:33:20 pm »
Really like Matt Smith much to my own surprise but wish theyd fuck the daleks off now been done to death and am totally bored with them.Looking forward to next weeks with a mixture of dread(oh god there gonna screw up the weeping angels) and eager anticiaption as they were the best episode ever previously.
If there's a Mrs Skrtel she probably has to wear shinpads to bed.

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2010, 01:04:30 pm »
"would you care for a cup of tea"

from a dalek

Now that's quality
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: April 20, 2010, 04:48:14 pm »
Bah. More romantic nonsense, power ranger daleks, massively gigantic obvious references to underlying season arc, companion solving the whole story, maybe the preview just built it up a bit too much. Or maybe I did in my head.

And now we have 2 of the best stories from last season, Weeping Angels + River Song combining for what's undoubtedly going to be a 2-parter.

Bah.

Still liking Matt Smith, and Pond's nice to look at.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #232 on: April 20, 2010, 10:11:40 pm »
"would you care for a cup of tea"

from a dalek

Now that's quality
Told you they was really women.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2010, 10:30:12 pm »
Next time the Daleks will be offering cups of tea and following up with 'ya will','ya will','ya will'.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #234 on: April 20, 2010, 10:41:40 pm »
In the one of the old series, it is stated that a Time Lord can only regenerate 12 times before permanently dying.

So actually there can be two more doctors after Smith's.

All that assumes they keep strictly to the limited regenerations idea. Considering the whole messing with the fabric of time and space, multiple dimensions etc. aspect of the programme, it should be fairly easy to write around, assuming they bother to address it at all.

He's not timelord though. He's half human.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2010, 10:43:31 pm »
Didn't realise the coloured ones had been done before. And the cup of tea bit really reminded me of this

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AWiq-0rf_bA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AWiq-0rf_bA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2010, 10:52:10 pm »
He's not timelord though. He's half human.

Really?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2010, 11:45:36 pm »
Really?

Depends who you take as canon. The Paul McGann doctor was half human, but noone else has mentioned it since. The extra Tennant Doctor that was created was half human and thus had one heart and no regenerations.

Offline RJH

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2010, 01:44:04 am »
Depends who you take as canon. The Paul McGann doctor was half human, but noone else has mentioned it since. The extra Tennant Doctor that was created was half human and thus had one heart and no regenerations.

And when the extra Tennant half-human was created, the proper Doctor made a comment about how wrong a half-human half-timelord was.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2010, 08:57:10 am »
What does Terrance Dicks say on the matter?