Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5718190 times)

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #43840 on: April 29, 2017, 11:11:28 am »
Fancy your chances v spurs?

Honestly no, spurs press high and break quickly - something we struggle with. Not to mention Alli, Eriksen and Kane all being in form and it points to a difficult game.

This is probably the second biggest game of the season behind the final.  Being able to stop Spurs title charge, not to mention the massive incentive of beating Spurs at WHL before it gets demolished, forever letting the Spurs know that not only did we win two titles at their ground, but we won the last ever game there too.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #43841 on: April 29, 2017, 12:58:54 pm »

This will do us a lot of good, everyone else has been trying to improve while we happily stand still doing the same thing every year. Even the fans had up to this point been reluctant to have a go at the players. Partly because some solely blame Wenger, and partly because it doesn't feel right to turn on players who get top 4 every season and win the odd trophy, something other big clubs fans would see as a very good season. The penny has finally dropped. We have pretty much hit rock bottom, 7th in a 7 team league. Players, board, as well as manager have nowhere to hide.

6th now but "some" are ramping up their vitriol towards Wenger.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43842 on: April 29, 2017, 01:18:06 pm »
I'd take a draw right now, more bothered about Spurs winning the title than us getting 4th. A draw means neither will happen and I'm prepared to take that.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43843 on: April 29, 2017, 01:52:31 pm »
Can only see this going one way - Arsenal win.

It's that time of the year when Pochettino teams start to tire, and this is pretty much Arsenal's World Cup final. It's got Chelsea/Spurs from last season written all over it. I honestly think most Arsenal fans would prefer to end Spurs' title hopes than win the FA Cup, tomorrow will see the biggest celebration in North London since 2004.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43844 on: April 29, 2017, 02:20:31 pm »

It's that time of the year when Pochettino teams start to tire, and this is pretty much Arsenal's World Cup final. It's got Chelsea/Spurs from last season written all over it. I honestly think most Arsenal fans would prefer to end Spurs' title hopes than win the FA Cup, tomorrow will see the biggest celebration in North London since 2004.

Absolute rubbish , I'd take a 5-0 defeat tomorrow if it means beating Chelsea in the cup final. Maybe you've forgotten how winning finals feel, I wouldn't swap it for anything.
I'd give up 4th place to stop Spurs though.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43845 on: April 29, 2017, 02:43:47 pm »
Absolute rubbish , I'd take a 5-0 defeat tomorrow if it means beating Chelsea in the cup final. Maybe you've forgotten how winning finals feel, I wouldn't swap it for anything.
I'd give up 4th place to stop Spurs though.

Haha, "forgotten how winning finals feel", nice one!

It's different for Liverpool - we don't sing songs about any rivals if we're not playing them - Arsenal give anti-Spurs songs an airing every single game (I've been to many). Your players celebrate winning trophies by singing songs about Spurs. We just don't have that much of an obsession with any club so there is no comparison. But having lived in London for close to 20 years now I'd definitely wager that, deep down, most Arsenal fans would prefer neither team winning a trophy than Spurs winning the league and Arsenal the FA Cup. Good to see you're not one of them though!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43846 on: April 29, 2017, 02:45:51 pm »
Arsene has been scouting Lio Gerrard for 9 months apparently.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43847 on: April 29, 2017, 02:49:15 pm »

It's that time of the year when Pochettino teams start to tire,and this is pretty much Arsenal's World Cup final. It's got Chelsea/Spurs from last season written all over it. I honestly think most Arsenal fans would prefer to end Spurs' title hopes than win the FA Cup, tomorrow will see the biggest celebration in North London since 2004.

Not seen any evidence of that happening this season yet. If anything they've become stronger.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43848 on: April 29, 2017, 02:52:27 pm »
Not seen any evidence of that happening this season yet. If anything they've become stronger.

In the past (every season at Espanyol, Saints and Spurs), it's happened around now, with 5 odd games to go. His training and playing demands are just too brutal to sustain over a full season. I have wondered myself though whether this year may finally be the year that it doesn't happen, given he's actually had a good squad with decent rotation happening in most of the positions, plus long injury lay offs for Kane could mean the key man's well rested and isn't going to be exhausted this time round. So maybe you're right and it wont happen this year....

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #43849 on: April 29, 2017, 02:52:50 pm »

The only thing that has actually given them this chance is Chelsea losing though. Before that they were trailing them. It is different when the pressure is on you to get a result, we'll see what happens, but they've just been consistent, which is why they've ended up second. It is circumstances rather than them, who have put them in this position.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43850 on: April 29, 2017, 03:06:50 pm »
The only thing that has actually given them this chance is Chelsea losing though. Before that they were trailing them. It is different when the pressure is on you to get a result, we'll see what happens, but they've just been consistent, which is why they've ended up second. It is circumstances rather than them, who have put them in this position.

Spurs finished with 70 points after 38 games last season after falling away at the death. They already have 74 points with 5 games to play. And rather than running out of steam, they look to be getting stronger week by week. Whether that will be good enough for them to win the league though who knows.

"but they've just been consistent"

You almost make that sound like it's a bad thing by the way. I wish we had the same sort of consistency they've shown this season. We wouldn't be fretting over will we/won't we finish top four if we had. Heck, we might have been fighting for the title ourselves.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43851 on: April 29, 2017, 03:14:48 pm »
Spurs finished with 70 points after 38 games last season after falling away at the death. They already have 74 points with 5 games to play. And rather than running out of steam, they look to be getting stronger week by week. Whether that will be good enough for them to win the league though who knows.

"but they've just been consistent"

You almost make that sound like it's a bad thing by the way. I wish we had the same sort of consistency they've shown this season. We wouldn't be fretting over will we/won't we finish top four if we had. Heck, we might have been fighting for the title ourselves.

No what I'm pointing out is, if Chelsea had not lost that game, then they would be in a different situation. It is only through Chelsea hitting a wobbly that Spurs are now in the position of challenging them for this title. Before that Chelsea were cantering to the title. No where have I insinuated that being consistent is something that shouldn't be done by ourselves or anyone else for that matter. Yes they have been consistent, but that does not been to say they've been leading the way for this title race. By being as consistent as they have, its enabled them to have a glimpse of it. But I'm just fed up of the bigging up they get, that's my point.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43852 on: April 29, 2017, 03:23:22 pm »
No what I'm pointing out is, if Chelsea had not lost that game, then they would be in a different situation. It is only through Chelsea hitting a wobbly that Spurs are now in the position of challenging them for this title. Before that Chelsea were cantering to the title. No where have I insinuated that being consistent is something that shouldn't be done by ourselves or anyone else for that matter. Yes they have been consistent, but that does not been to say they've been leading the way for this title race. By being as consistent as they have, its enabled them to have a glimpse of it. But I'm just fed up of the bigging up they get, that's my point.

Jill,

All I  originally said was Spurs don't look like they're tiring yet. And they have looked really strong in recent weeks. Because they have. That's all.  I have absolutely no interest in why they are 2nd now and only 4 points behind Chelsea to be honest with you. You've brought me into a conversation I really can't be arsed having. I regret typing out the 15 words I typed in that post now. Good day.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43853 on: April 29, 2017, 03:35:36 pm »
Haha, "forgotten how winning finals feel", nice one!

It's different for Liverpool - we don't sing songs about any rivals if we're not playing them - Arsenal give anti-Spurs songs an airing every single game (I've been to many). Your players celebrate winning trophies by singing songs about Spurs. We just don't have that much of an obsession with any club so there is no comparison. But having lived in London for close to 20 years now I'd definitely wager that, deep down, most Arsenal fans would prefer neither team winning a trophy than Spurs winning the league and Arsenal the FA Cup. Good to see you're not one of them though!

No no , you're right, I'd give up an fa cup to stop Spurs winning the league. I never want to see Spurs win the league in my lifetime and we've won plenty of cups. But I'd take defeat tomorrow to win the cup, because tomorrow won't win Spurs the league, Chelsea will win the title regardless, which is why a win tomorrow isn't as important as the cup final. It's not a scenario where I have to choose between winning the cup and Spurs winning the title. If Chelsea beat Everton then it's all over anyway.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43854 on: April 29, 2017, 03:39:07 pm »

They've done what they need to do to get back in contention, which is keep winning and hope Chelsea have a set back or 2, that's normal in title races. They deserve credit for where they are. Hopefully it'll be ultimately too little too late.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43855 on: April 29, 2017, 03:40:40 pm »
No no , you're right, I'd give up an fa cup to stop Spurs winning the league. I never want to see Spurs win the league in my lifetime and we've won plenty of cups. But I'd take defeat tomorrow to win the cup, because tomorrow won't win Spurs the league, Chelsea will win the title regardless, which is why a win tomorrow isn't as important as the cup final. It's not a scenario where I have to choose between winning the cup and Spurs winning the title. If Chelsea beat Everton then it's all over anyway.

Trouble is the BS have a habit of pissing on the party, and they have a solid record at home, so you're ultimate nightmare could last at least another week.  8)

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43856 on: April 29, 2017, 03:45:54 pm »
Trouble is the BS have a habit of pissing on the party, and they have a solid record at home, so you're ultimate nightmare could last at least another week.  8)

If Chelsea beat Everton then it won't matter what Spurs do. Chelsea have very easy games after tomorrow.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43857 on: April 30, 2017, 09:23:54 am »
I'm a rarity, an Arsenal fan who doesn't hate Spurs ;) If Spurs win the title (though I suspect Chelsea will), there are quite a few Spurs fans in my life to whom it would mean so much and I couldn't begrudge them that. If they win title, it will be because they deserve it and we are nowhere near yet again, at the moment Spurs are just that much better then us.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:33:24 am by MagicHat »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43858 on: April 30, 2017, 10:03:25 am »
I'm a rarity, an Arsenal fan who doesn't hate Spurs ;) If Spurs win the title (though I suspect Chelsea will), there are quite a few Spurs fans in my life to whom it would mean so much and I couldn't begrudge them that. If they win title, it will be because they deserve it and we are nowhere near yet again, at the moment Spurs are just that much better then us.

I know a lot more Spurs fans than I do Chelsea, which is why Spurs must never win anything, I'll never hear the end of it. Plus I've hated Spurs since before Chelsea existed. 13 year old Chelsea were created by money so their victories don't affect me, Spurs operate in the same sphere as us and it will hurt more to have to respect what they're doing. The perfect situation would be to upstage them in their greatest season for 25 years by winning the cup while they win nothing, the last laugh as always.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #43859 on: April 30, 2017, 10:37:14 am »
I know a lot more Spurs fans than I do Chelsea, which is why Spurs must never win anything, I'll never hear the end of it. Plus I've hated Spurs since before Chelsea existed. 13 year old Chelsea were created by money so their victories don't affect me, Spurs operate in the same sphere as us and it will hurt more to have to respect what they're doing. The perfect situation would be to upstage them in their greatest season for 25 years by winning the cup while they win nothing, the last laugh as always.

Kinda get your feelings, but generally don't really get the mindset amongst most fans (us expecially) of 'I want Chelsea to win because if Spurs win it'll show they're doing things better than us and they're on our level'.

I fucking hate it when oil clubs, or Dubai clubs, or Oligarch clubs, win anything. Its fucking shit. I'm no Spurs fan, but I'd prefer them to win anything over Chelsea or Man City all day long. If anything, Leicester and then Spurs winning the title should help clubs who aren't mega billionaire play things by giving players the sign that they don't have to sign for one of those clubs to win trophies.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43860 on: April 30, 2017, 10:56:31 am »
Kinda get your feelings, but generally don't really get the mindset amongst most fans (us expecially) of 'I want Chelsea to win because if Spurs win it'll show they're doing things better than us and they're on our level'.

I fucking hate it when oil clubs, or Dubai clubs, or Oligarch clubs, win anything. Its fucking shit. I'm no Spurs fan, but I'd prefer them to win anything over Chelsea or Man City all day long. If anything, Leicester and then Spurs winning the title should help clubs who aren't mega billionaire play things by giving players the sign that they don't have to sign for one of those clubs to win trophies.

Exactly.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43861 on: April 30, 2017, 11:11:54 am »

Good point, if it was Liverpool I'd feel that way, but it's Spurs, I draw the line at Spurs, I can't have them win anything.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #43862 on: April 30, 2017, 11:51:29 am »
It's part of the tribalism to want to enjoy watching your rivals suffer. The closer they get before failing the better, the more you can twist the knife the better. Forvgeographic reasons Arsenal aren't our rivals, but I'm always holding a grudge against Michael thomas.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #43863 on: April 30, 2017, 04:40:04 pm »
Arsenal fan tv sucking from the s*n teet. Shame on them after all the nice things they said after they played here

They get no more of my time any more

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43864 on: April 30, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »
Arsenal fan tv sucking from the s*n teet. Shame on them after all the nice things they said after they played here

They get no more of my time any more

Thats a shame, I'll miss their antics.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #43865 on: April 30, 2017, 04:54:34 pm »
Had a look on the website.

Arsenal Fan TV, proudly backed by Ladbrokes.

Didn't see the S*n links

http://arsenalfantv.com/category/news/
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #43866 on: April 30, 2017, 04:58:38 pm »
Had a look on the website.

Arsenal Fan TV, proudly backed by Ladbrokes.

Didn't see the S*n links

http://arsenalfantv.com/category/news/

Their last vid was supplying content to the s*n and their latest hashtag. Wont link to their youtube vid because I dont want to drive traffic to them

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43867 on: April 30, 2017, 05:04:20 pm »
Their last vid was supplying content to the s*n and their latest hashtag. Wont link to their youtube vid because I dont want to drive traffic to them

I went and had a look at their preview for todays match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9sFvpTwMKU

Still don't see it mate.

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #43868 on: April 30, 2017, 05:16:25 pm »
I went and had a look at their preview for todays match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9sFvpTwMKU

Still don't see it mate.

Its the video before that, the one about rituals and such. Its sponsored by the scum.

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43869 on: April 30, 2017, 05:23:24 pm »
Its the video before that, the one about rituals and such. Its sponsored by the scum.

Just saw that.

They did something in conjunction with the rag.

The comments section was full of reprimand to Robbie.

However their site is not sponsored by the rag.

I'll slam them if they do it again. For now they need reminding.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #43870 on: April 30, 2017, 05:23:55 pm »
"Our Match Day Rituals! (Feat DT, TY & Robbie) | #WeLiveIt
We went through our match day rituals with The Sun as part of their We Live It campaign, on the side of football fans."

Fuck them.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #43871 on: April 30, 2017, 06:21:44 pm »
c*nts, will swerve that shite

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43872 on: April 30, 2017, 06:26:28 pm »
The comments are mostly fans of Arsenal and Liverpool hammering Robbie about this, hopefully he does the right thing.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #43873 on: April 30, 2017, 06:26:41 pm »
All over the shop again today. Next week's game against Man Utd is pretty much must win for them, as even if they don't get fourth, the last thing they are going to be wanting to do is start a EL campaign in early August. After that, it's likely FA Cup or bust.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43874 on: April 30, 2017, 06:30:37 pm »
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43875 on: April 30, 2017, 06:32:25 pm »
A dreadful side. Flattered by their points total. Xhaka is one of the worst to ever play it.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43876 on: April 30, 2017, 06:35:42 pm »
Just saw that.

They did something in conjunction with the rag.

The comments section was full of reprimand to Robbie.

However their site is not sponsored by the rag.

I'll slam them if they do it again. For now they need reminding.

Loads of dicks on there saying there is nothing wrong with them being sponsored by that lot. Surprise, surprise a lot of them seem to be Chelsea and Utd fans.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43877 on: April 30, 2017, 06:37:14 pm »
Loads of dicks on there saying there is nothing wrong with them being sponsored by that lot. Surprise, surprise a lot of them seem to be Chelsea and Utd fans.

Mostly foreign fans too as far as I can see (not that I'm judging, as an American!)

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43878 on: April 30, 2017, 06:40:21 pm »
They're a shambles in most areas. Defence is awful, midfield is the definition of lightweight, their wide players are so ineffectual and but for Sanchez they'd be toothless up front.

Fans are in open revolt, board are full of absentee landlords and their manager is delusional and stubborn and holding the club to ransom with his diva-ish behaviour on his contract.

Can't say I'm not enjoying it, though.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #43879 on: April 30, 2017, 06:43:20 pm »
thing is though, for all the talk they need a complete overhaul, more up to date and better coaches could do so much more with many of those playes, they have plenty of good players, so many of them are playing like crap though.