Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Last post by Schmidt on Today at 09:50:55 am »
I think once of the forwards needs to drop out of the team with Dom being part of the front three. That way you are playing to Dom's strengths and out of possession he can drop back into the midfield.

Is he productive enough to play in a front three? I never really see him make the kind of runs into the box that would suggest he could up his numbers if deployed higher.

He looks built for counter attacking football where he can rampage into open space all game.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by killer-heels on Today at 09:50:43 am »
Salah will have to be replaced at some point in the near future, no?

Offering him a new contract or letting him leave for free would not be the best decision.  What if he declines further next season? And where will he play anyway (not quick enough for the wing anymore and his hold up play isn't good enough to be a number 9). If he plays as a number 10, then we'll leave huge gaps in the middle because he can't track back anymore.

That's football.

Of course he has to be replaced. But you replace him when you already have a functioning and proven attack. We sold Coutinho when we had Mane,Firmino and Salah. We sold Mane, we still had Salah. The fact is any time we have sold a player and especially attackers, the club has had a player there or a group of players there ready and proven.

I would be far more sanguine about the situation if we knew we had a proven attacker. If Nunez would have banged in 20 league goals or something close then I would be ok with what the club did. Now, if we sell Salah we have players all with some level of question over their heads. We literally would have to scour the market to sign a player that would be our best attacker. Thats not a great place to be.

Id rather we keep Salah for one more season at least and sign a top attacker now and look to see if next season we can have someone come to prominence.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by darragh85 on Today at 09:50:18 am »
Can blame our attack and it has been poor lately but maybe they are drained from constantly having to come from a goal down in almost every game. Our defence have been poor. We give too many big chances in every game and if we are honest, the super shot stopper alisson kept us in many matches. Kelleher likewise but not to the same extent.

Alisson made a save last night that he had no right.he stops shots that should be goals.
Fulham v Liverpool
21st April 2024, 16:30h
Craven Cottage

Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Marc Perry, Wade Smith, Fourth official: Sam Allison
VAR: Tony Harrington, Assistant VAR: Richard West

Hope was the Atalanta game will deliver a response to the game against United.
Then the hope was the Palace game will bring that reply to the loss against Atalanta.
After that we hoped Atalanta game last night will be the reply to the loss against Palace.

It wasn't. None of them. Not in terms of results at least. Against Palace we played the best game - but were desperately unlucky not to score. Which seems to have further dented our confidence. There are some positives to pick from what looks like a desperate mess, but I think we can safely say now there will be no instant turnaround of form. Cavalry is back, but they rode for weeks and are in no state to fully join the charge just yet. The rest of the team looks appropriately tired and things are about to get harder. Lot harder.

We continue this week from hell with a trip to Craven Cottage. First in a quickfire series of three away PL games. Forget about United and Palace. This was always going to be the week to determine where we end up. If we were playing out of our skin and scoring for fun - this would still be the week where we could lose points, lot of them. The fact we aren't scoring at all makes it much harder, but really, it was always going to be hard. Weeks like these are all about building up steam. Find a way to win the first and you get that bit of confidence for the second, and so on. But it all starts with Fulham and it can all be over there too.

Safely in the middle of the table, Fulham are now mostly playing to impress the manager. They are very much in the 'on the beach' part of the season, only for us this beach will probably feel more like shores of Normandy in 1940's, than the soft sands of exotic islands. They are rested, unburdened by expectations or table pressure and will look to entertain the home crowd. Marco Silva has demonstrated this season that he is no mug. He will have a plan to both frustrate us and exploit our weaknesses. And yes, we have better players who should be able to match anything they do, but boy-oh-boy does that not count for much right now. Our biggest enemy at the moment is living in our heads. It's the burden of expectation not to let this slip, not to let Klopp's time fizzle out, not to lose it all in such ordinary way. We're playing all upcoming games at once every time we step out on to the pitch.

So for this game, if we could maybe just reduce the scope of our ambition, that would be nice. I don't want Liverpool to go out there and mount a rousing defence of Klopp's legacy, or look to right all the wrongs from previous games. Just play a simple game of football, play only for each other, look after your teammates, support them and try to have some fun. Leave the burden of expectation in the dressing room. It isn't going anywhere because you play for Liverpool. Yo might as well ignore it for now, take a rest from carrying it all the time.

It's just one game, against Fulham.
Play this game, minute by minute.
Be in it, not in it's aftermath. 

Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by lucas65 on Today at 09:47:38 am »
Forever Running - B-Movie.
Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Bennett on Today at 09:46:40 am »
In an ideal world we give him a one year extension but he and his agent would have every right to tell us to go fuck ourselves. He will want to squeeze as much money out of the remainder of his career as possible and fair enough.
Yeah the general tone in those threads is bad. I steer clear of the player threads at the moment anyway but ones like the title run in and the Klopp threads  are so negative.

I get that people are upset and disappointed. We all are. But the overall tone and revisionism in there comes a a bit if a shock. Nothing to report to mods and everyone is entitled to their view. Think I’m maybe surprised that I seem to be out of kilter with the general consensus.

Should we be surprised though? It appears to happen with every manager the club has. It happened with Rafa, Kenny going whether back. We put so much expectations on these managers and then we wonder why it finishes the way it does.
If you’re not sacrificing your’re kids can anyone even call themselves a Top Red.

I'd hand over both of mine,they're adults though so they might put up a bit of a fight.
The original bill was a combination of Israel, Ukraine, Taiwan and the Southern US border. But Johnson wouldn't put it to the floor.

They have now produced 4 seperate bills.

The Ukraine one looks great on paper, but I don't trust that Johnson, he's nicknamed 'Moscow Mike' for a reason. I won't believe it until the equipment is in Ukrainian hands.

I find the saying 'if it seems too good to be true, it probably is' to be very accurate.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, as Ukraine is in dire need of it.

Ukraine aid is hugely popular in the US so it was political suicide to keep blocking it in perpetuity.

The aid has been changed to a loan now too, in an attempt to make it more palatable to Americans, even though ultimately most of it will be spent paying US firms and workers to repair/produce the equipment and ammo. The loan can apparently be written off at some point in the future.
Think in the back end of 21/22 we had a bad run of falling behind and coming back to win - Villa, Southampton, Wolves in the last few weeks. Although we probably had some routine wins to 0 in there too. All a blur now!

It was the away game at Villareal where our performance levels started to drop. That semi final took a lot out of us physically and then that game against Spurs happened. We of course beat Southampton, Villa, Wolves but the performances were very much like they have been recently for us.

Just goes to show you what a physical toll competing in that many tournaments combined with our style of play means. The 18/19, 19/20 teams never really had that to concern themselves with.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10