Author Topic: The Labour Party (*)  (Read 884129 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Labour Party (*)
« Reply #3840 on: February 24, 2017, 11:16:15 pm »
Just saw Cat Smith on the news. Jesus wept.

She was incredible.

Some of these people are the same coin as Trump, just a different side.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3841 on: February 24, 2017, 11:17:32 pm »
How many safe seats do Labour even have these days? Most of the seats in the north west are fairly secure but outside of those there are perhaps just a dozen or so guaranteed victories for Labour. Wouldn't even be confident about Labour retaining their seats in London; I think the Lib Dems could make some gains there. Backing Brexit is going to be a colossal mistake for generations to come and could've hammered the nail in the Labour coffin.

The London seats are completely safe. They may drop some votes but they wont be lost for decades.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3842 on: February 24, 2017, 11:18:31 pm »
The London seats are completely safe. They may drop some votes but they wont be lost for decades.

Wouldn't be so sure myself, most of them voted overwhelmingly to remain.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #3843 on: February 24, 2017, 11:21:34 pm »
She was incredible.

Some of these people are the same coin as Trump, just a different side.

Not being funny and it was only during me stream of consciousness reply to Jonno that the penny dropped that there are parallels between Corbyn and Trump - there's something unpalatable about the cult of personality, persecution complex, blaming of unfavourable press coverage, and total ineptitude.
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3844 on: February 24, 2017, 11:30:34 pm »
Wouldn't be so sure myself, most of them voted overwhelmingly to remain.

Doesnt matter. Many may join the Lib Dems but not enough.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #3845 on: February 24, 2017, 11:37:09 pm »

A lot probably are, some will go though.

The likes of Kate Hoey has a seemingly very safe seat but may be vulnerable to the LibDems as a vocal Brexiter in a very Remain area.

Tulip Siddiq obviously nervous about Hampstead and Kilburn, hence the shadow cabinet resignation to vote against Article 50.

There are a fair few battleground seats in outer London.

I certainly wouldn't see a Labour meltdown in London (yet) but they're going to lose seats, pretty much the same as they are anywhere else
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:57:46 pm by filopastry »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3846 on: February 24, 2017, 11:42:21 pm »
How many safe seats do Labour even have these days? Most of the seats in the north west are fairly secure but outside of those there are perhaps just a dozen or so guaranteed victories for Labour. Wouldn't even be confident about Labour retaining their seats in London; I think the Lib Dems could make some gains there. Backing Brexit is going to be a colossal mistake for generations to come and could've hammered the nail in the Labour coffin.

North West, Newcastle, London I guess
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #3847 on: February 24, 2017, 11:46:58 pm »
You can find a listing of seats held by all parties in order of the majority they had in the 2015 GE, although obviously this doesn't account for how many bother to vote in each seat, or the upcoming proposed boundary changes

http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/mps-maj.htm

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3848 on: February 24, 2017, 11:55:11 pm »
Maybe if the Copeland CLP had put the candidate Jeremy wanted they might have done better but they choose a Blairite.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3849 on: February 24, 2017, 11:56:47 pm »
Maybe if the Copeland CLP had put the candidate Jeremy wanted they might have done better but they choose a Blairite.

You don't believe this, surely?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3850 on: February 24, 2017, 11:57:27 pm »

Are we really still trying to spin this? Look, the evidence has shown for months that Corbyn is rejected across every age range, social class and area of the country. It's not Blair's fault, it's not anybody else's fault but Jeremy Corbyn. He's been totally rejected by everybody outside the party, and if he cared about getting rid of the Torys he'd step down immediately
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3851 on: February 25, 2017, 12:09:52 am »

You can't be serious. You just can't be. At least try and defend why you believe this.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scousers rule the country.
« Reply #3852 on: February 25, 2017, 12:13:05 am »

Seriously, come on fella. Try and be objective.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #3853 on: February 25, 2017, 12:49:47 am »

FFS - can't be doing with the bullshit bingo - please define Blairite so we understand precisely what you mean if you're attempting to insult people - sorry but I'm an empiricist, which I believe is important in this day and age.
In terms of the Labour Party, I think if you go back through this and previous threads, you'll find that many of us are seasoned protesters/campaigners and have a view on the historical evolution of the party, not just from some arbitrary Sept 2015 year zero.
I respect opinions and to be as vociferous as yourself you must surely have skin in the game, so l am interested then, apart from posting on here, what you've brought to the fight? How much of your free time have you dedicated to the Labour Party? How many elections have you been on the knocker for? Or - killer question - how many years have you been a party member?
(Momentum membership does NOT apply)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 01:25:05 am by Mag Hull »
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3854 on: February 25, 2017, 12:57:09 am »

The candidate was a former doctor, a driver for St Johns ambulance and a local councillor. Her feedback from the electorate was very positive and is a valued member who has served the community. Who exactly did Corbyn want?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3855 on: February 25, 2017, 01:56:28 am »
The problem is you can only push the bullshit so far before people open their eyes and thats when it becomes counter productive, the left have embarrassed themselves with some of the excuses they've made for Corbyn over the last 24hrs.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Messiers...
« Reply #3856 on: February 25, 2017, 02:00:58 am »
If I'm not mistaken, that was not only an incredibly rare special election loss for the party out of power, but the first time in 80+ years Labour lost the Copeland seat...
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

ManU fans--your 1999 European Cup is safe and sound in our museum

Mark Messier--The Captain, The Legend, The Messiah...11 forever

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3857 on: February 25, 2017, 02:16:27 am »
Therefore, it has to be a very tempting prospect for May to call a snap election to try and wipe Labour out
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3858 on: February 25, 2017, 02:19:13 am »
If I'm not mistaken, that was not only an incredibly rare special election loss for the party out of power, but the first time in 80+ years Labour lost the Copeland seat...

The last time the Tories won Whitehaven/Copeland, Herbert Hoover was US president. Labour regained it during FDR's first term, and held it until now.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3859 on: February 25, 2017, 02:24:17 am »

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Labour's current membership. No amount of reality will change Labour's leadership, for under OMOV, the vast intake of new members like Trada here will always outvote any alternative. The Labour party will be as Jeremy Corbyn wants it to be.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3860 on: February 25, 2017, 02:36:36 am »
The last time the Tories won Whitehaven/Copeland, Herbert Hoover was US president. Labour regained it during FDR's first term, and held it until now.

That would be like the democrats losing a seat in Chicago (very democratic city) or the republicans losing a seat in Kansas (very republican state)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #3861 on: February 25, 2017, 03:46:40 am »
Therefore, it has to be a very tempting prospect for May to call a snap election to try and wipe Labour out

Not until brexit is sealed. Otherwise she risks turning it into a second referendum. Get Article 50 sorted and then try to catch the moment before shit hits the fan for an election. It's actually to her benefit to keep Corbyn where he is for as long as possible lest his replacement be competent. Her track record at the Home Office was awful, one of her most senior backbenchers has savaged her on the floor of the House and she's all over the place with the main issue facing the country. But Corbyn's managed to make her look competent and strong.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:48:39 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3862 on: February 25, 2017, 06:00:43 am »

Priceless.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #3863 on: February 25, 2017, 07:10:40 am »
Oxymoron.

A little close-minded view - but as you wish.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3864 on: February 25, 2017, 07:14:30 am »
A little close-minded view - but as you wish.

Not really. Homeopathy is a massive scam - selling water and sugar pills to the gullible. But as you wish.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #3865 on: February 25, 2017, 07:15:20 am »
The Labour Party is going to be decimated in the next election. Politics has changed - they need to win more votes in a country which has voted to leave Europe. A big proportion in their seats voted to leave. The leader was far from convincing in his support for remain and he can be attacked - and has been - from all sides.

The party must change quickly.

Trada, I admire your staunch defence. I simply don't understand how someone can claim to champion working-class internationalism and then clearly prefer an exit from the EU. It doesn't make sense and I can't see any explanation as ever even being attempted.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3866 on: February 25, 2017, 09:04:02 am »
One question.

Why do you call her a Blairite?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3867 on: February 25, 2017, 09:07:31 am »
Corbyn says Labour is a campaigning party. So not a party that will lead, strategise and take the initiative, but just try to overturn government decisions.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3868 on: February 25, 2017, 09:08:03 am »
From the times...

Only 3% more labour voters think Corbyn would make a better PM than May

There's going to be a massacre.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #3869 on: February 25, 2017, 09:10:16 am »
Corbyn says Labour is a campaigning party. So not a party that will lead, strategise and take the initiative, but just try to overturn government decisions.

Not even that really.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #3870 on: February 25, 2017, 09:31:23 am »
Head, sand meet Trada.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3871 on: February 25, 2017, 09:32:05 am »
Read the comments. Trada isn't being outrageous. He's typical of the Labour membership.

https://www.facebook.com/JeremyCorbynMP/posts/10155096162938872
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3872 on: February 25, 2017, 09:33:07 am »
The problem is you can only push the bullshit so far before people open their eyes and thats when it becomes counter productive, the left have embarrassed themselves with some of the excuses they've made for Corbyn over the last 24hrs.

Er excuse me mate, think you mean the hard left?

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3873 on: February 25, 2017, 09:35:18 am »
That could help Labour. Maybe the only way to get rid of the old fraud.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3874 on: February 25, 2017, 09:38:53 am »

Or maybe the local CLP didn't want the Labour establishment in London to dictate who should be there candidate.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3875 on: February 25, 2017, 09:47:41 am »
FFS - can't be doing with the bullshit bingo - please define Blairite so we understand precisely what you mean if you're attempting to insult people - sorry but I'm an empiricist, which I believe is important in this day and age.
In terms of the Labour Party, I think if you go back through this and previous threads, you'll find that many of us are seasoned protesters/campaigners and have a view on the historical evolution of the party, not just from some arbitrary Sept 2015 year zero.
I respect opinions and to be as vociferous as yourself you must surely have skin in the game, so l am interested then, apart from posting on here, what you've brought to the fight? How much of your free time have you dedicated to the Labour Party? How many elections have you been on the knocker for? Or - killer question - how many years have you been a party member?
(Momentum membership does NOT apply)
Many momentum members are Tories. How do we know this? Well the 2 times there was a leadership contest they voted for Corbyn in their droves. But when they had eternal votes for momentum leadership positions, they were only getting around the 30/40% mark. Many Tories bragged of joining momentum as well.......its going to be very hard getting a centre left Labour leader.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3876 on: February 25, 2017, 10:02:30 am »
Read the comments. Trada isn't being outrageous. He's typical of the Labour membership.

https://www.facebook.com/JeremyCorbynMP/posts/10155096162938872

They are the same as the nutter Trump fans.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3877 on: February 25, 2017, 10:03:49 am »
Many momentum members are Tories. How do we know this? Well the 2 times there was a leadership contest they voted for Corbyn in their droves. But when they had eternal votes for momentum leadership positions, they were only getting around the 30/40% mark. Many Tories bragged of joining momentum as well.......its going to be very hard getting a centre left Labour leader.

Fair play to Ed Milliband. He destroyed the Labour party.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3878 on: February 25, 2017, 10:06:11 am »
They are the same as the nutter Trump fans.

But they are the Labour membership, and under OMOV they will outvote any alternative to Corbyn. So hopes that an electoral wipeout will mean Corbyn's removal are mistaken. They are the Labour membership, and they will retain Corbyn no matter what. There won't be any different direction for the Labour party. The Labour party will be as Corbyn wants it to be.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #3879 on: February 25, 2017, 10:07:34 am »
Thornberry on Newsnight yesterday  :butt