Author Topic: Dexter Series 6 now 7 too (PLEASE use spoiler tags). Season 7 now on in US  (Read 34457 times)

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
Re: Dexter Series 6 now 7 too (PLEASE use spoiler tags). Season 7 now on in US
« Reply #560 on: December 17, 2012, 07:23:03 pm »
Spoiler
I love that they were at a new years party and the nanny is like, "Oh dexter isnt here yet? Yeah I put the kid in the back to lie down."
[close]

Yeah, there's tons of ridiculous scenario's concerning Dexter's kid. They fucked up giving him a kid of his own, obviously they saw it as a vehicle to character developement but it was one that would forever be a noose around the writer's necks thereafter. Having him with a surrogate family (from the very first episode) worked well but the more they cluttered his life with permanent roots the more it fucked things up and many times the writers seemed to really struggle and good air time was often wasted just trying to get around it and his criminal ways. The best thing they did was kill off the wife at the end of Trinity and fuck the surrogate kids off to Florida - problem was they hung his own kid around his neck and didn't see fit to get him out of the show.

They'll rattle off words about character developement blah, blah, blah, I'm sure but I think it's obvious they knew they were overly bogging him down and thus Trinity's little excursion to Rita's bathroom to reset things somewhat.

For me, and I am a bit of a cynic, I wonder if the only reason the kid is there is that when Dexter's done with, they can do another show about his kid grown up and following in daddy's footsteps. Afterall, they've already mirrored the kid's childhood with Dexter's, ie the 'influential' moment that set Dexter on his path being duplicated in his son's life.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:29:16 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: December 17, 2012, 09:55:57 pm »
OH MY TITYFUCKING CHRIST THAT WAS GOOD.

Wow. What a finale.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #562 on: December 17, 2012, 11:22:16 pm »
Brilliant season but not enough Masuka!

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: December 17, 2012, 11:29:39 pm »
Great end to the season.

Spoiler
I fucking love that poisioning slag too.  Hope she's in it next season now that she's on the run.

Thought the scene in the trailer was great.  I knew she was going to shoot Maria but I had that little doubt in me that she wouldn't and Dexter would have to do it.

Interview after was good too.  Says that he has an idea for next season with Dexters past
[close]

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #564 on: December 18, 2012, 12:26:29 am »
Brilliant season, I just hope next season isn't just

Spoiler
Deb: Ermergerd Dex er killed laguerterrrrr
[close]

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #565 on: December 18, 2012, 12:42:01 am »
Not enough of the guy in the flashbacks. Let down.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: December 18, 2012, 12:51:17 am »
Brilliant season, I just hope next season isn't just

Spoiler
Deb: Ermergerd Dex er killed laguerterrrrr
[close]

Course it will be
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #567 on: December 18, 2012, 03:34:32 am »
That episode was so fucking tense but so fucking good.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #568 on: December 18, 2012, 05:56:15 am »
Spoiler
Finally, fuck you Maria! 7 seasons too late!
[close]

Spoiler
Amen brother. Glad the bitch is gone. Would have preferred Dexter giving her table treatment.
[close]
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #569 on: December 18, 2012, 11:32:06 am »
Spoiler
Thank God the Gremlin is dead and nobody liked her.The backstabbing twat!As for the episode it had a good finale although it had its usual ridiculous scenes/moments like Dexter tranquilizing Estrada in broad daylight or Laguerta taking the bait after what had gone down previously.I found the flashback useless.
[close]
I've said in the past on this thread regarding my dislikes with Dexter since the Trinity season(which was the last boss season) and almost completely agree with Armand's posts.1 season left and of course i'll watch it but personally I have lost that feeling of "cannot wait for the next season/episode" i had with the majority of the first seasons.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: December 23, 2012, 12:14:25 pm »
I've just finished watching all seasons of Dexter -  1 to 7 - back to back, yeah was a marathon and then some.

While my favourite seasons (Ice truck killer, trinity and bay harbour butcher [in that order]) remain the same, the season i expected to be the weakest actually didn't turn out that way (season 3 - the Prada season) and is far from the weakest imo. And a season I thought would feature just after my favourites fell down my personal rating - season 6, Doomsday Killer. Which on the surface seems odd as the subject matter is right up my street, the scenario and twist are great and the tableaus are probably the best visual highlights in the Dexter series.

I've already aired my problems with season 7 so won't bang on about it but one thing I failed to mention has to be noted. While I accept there are narratives we aren't going to see enacted in every season - there's only so much air time etc - in season 7 with Deb's revelation as to who Dexter really is, how on this fucking earth can the subject of Doakes not be covered. Can anyone make a case for it not coming up (it just has to, it can't be washed over as an unseen narrative that happened).

Spoiler
To me it's obvious, there's no way Deb would be able to reconcile Dexter being involved in Doakes' murder - even tho he didn't kill him, she's unlikely to believe that seeing as he is the BHB. We don't even see her saying anything about 'so Doakes wasn't the BHB' - the very first thing surely that would come up when she found the slides in his apartment. Come on, how on earth can that not be the first thing she brings up when Dexter admits he is the BHB? Nope, ridiculous.
[close]

Anyway, back to the main point I was going to make having watched every Dexter back to back, is that the weakest two seasons are 6 and 7, in that order. What was very noticeable (having watched seasons 1 to 5) soon as I started watching season 6 onwards was the change in writing. It's much more clipped, corners being cut, lots of unconvincing dialogue in general, which really is a consequence of the clipping etc. Now I don't know if the editing's at fault or the original writing but when you watch them back to back it's actually quite startling at just how foreshortened the dialogue/scenarios are to the point at times of almost being glib, not something I noticed when watching a season unfold slowly at one hour a weak.

I should note that (like most i suspect) once a season has finished I watch it again straight thru after and yet didn't really notice the corners being cut to the degree they are in the last two seasons. It was only watching the whole of Dexter front to back that the change is so readily apparent and to be frank it's pretty piss poor. Sure, I still love Dexter and will be waiting for the final season as much as anyone else but the writing/editing of the scenarios/dialogue have to put right and properly fleshed out as they sure as shit have failed in that respect in recent seasons.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:23:56 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: December 23, 2012, 12:38:14 pm »
I thought season seven was very good, nearly back to it's best.  By the way, I wouldn't necessarily count on Season eight being the last one, Buck gave an interview recently where he alluded to a possible ninth season if Showtime were open to it.  He said that he didn't know if eight was the last season as it's a showtime decision.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: January 7, 2013, 04:29:41 pm »
I would say season 7 was very very good. Much better than the average season 5 and 6 and possible better than season 3 in my opinion.

Favourite character this season was Isaac for sure. I felt there was a drop in quality once he left up until the last episode. Shame he became  pretty much irrelevant in the end.

Spoiler
I'll have to agree with Armand that we have seen a lot of corner cutting in the last two seasons. The last episode of this season was ridiculous in that no one spotted Dexter sticking a needle in the neck of the guy or how LaGuerta just went in with no back up in the end, as has been said above. The whole nanny thing was annoying too. Hopefully, we see less of her pointless appearances.

Next season, I honestly have no idea where they will go. Who's left in the police department? LaGuerta's dead, Angel's retired, Quinn's a mess. There's no way Debra can continue working there after the guilt she will be feeling.  Are they really going to continue having little side cases next season? I'm glad they kept McKay though. I was afraid they would kill her off so it should be interesting hopefully...
[close]
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: January 7, 2013, 04:52:18 pm »
Working my way through the Dexter books, barring the first book they're very different to the show, although the show has the characters spot on.

I've read the first four and they're well worth a read, although the third takes an unwelcome turn.  More violent than the show in my opinion.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #574 on: January 10, 2013, 09:03:45 pm »
Had a shesh and watched this series over 3 days. Crackerlacking. Im all up to date :P
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline klobutruck33

• Anny Roader
  • MELLORRRRRR!
« Reply #575 on: January 12, 2013, 11:30:09 am »
Spoiler
I thought there were some amazing scenes in season 7 but overall it was a disappointing season. Some people think that since Scott Buck took over as the show's front runner the show has gone downhill, who knows.

I thought they tried to cram too many storylines into the season that it felt like certain storylines were underdeveloped and rushed that I was left wondering why they even bothered having it in the first place like the bloke setting fire to people in public places. Isaak will go down as one of my favourite Dexter villians of all time but they got rid of him way too quick, his character was worthy of lasting the full season and being the 'big bad' for the season.

I thought they misused Hannah. Her best scenes were right at the very end when we finally get to see her true colours like the scene with Debra in the court room or when it was revealed that she poisoned Debra. The bullshit romance they concocted between Dexter and her was a waste of time and could have been better used with having more of Isaak for example.

Seriously what is the point of Quinn? All his scenes either involve him screwing women who end up screwing him over in the long run or we see how much of a dirty cop he is. I much preferred Mike but they quickly killed him off this season.

I'm glad LaGuerta finally got killed off. I could never stand her character. She was quick to throw people under the bus when she stuffed up. Her negatives far outweighed any positivities she may have had.

The more the season went on the more I disliked Dexter that I really don't care if he gets killed off now. His arrogance when he said to Debra 'what are you going to do?' when she discovered his blood slides and she ended up punching him in the face. He said he wouldn't risk his family's life again by getting close to a serial killer and not killing them when he had the chance like when Trinity killed Rita but he does the same thing again with Hannah. In season one when he realised Debra would never be safe as long as Brian was alive he killed his own brother. This season his current fling admits to trying to kill Debra but this time he knows what she did and that he could never really trust her but he 'can't get over her' Give me a break. Before he was the serial killer who killed those that 'deserved it' but now he no longer puts up the victim's pictures before he kills their killers, he kills people who don't meet the code he's basically a killer just like those he hunts down. It was his arrogance 'that Lundy didn't catch me so LaGuerta won't' and being so occupied with Hannah that lead to that container scene in the season finale. It didn't have to get to that but now he's destroyed Debra.

The only saving grace this season was Debra. Discovering Dexter's secret and still being there for him and trying to help him while going against everything she believes in. Her confession that she loved him, killing LaGuerta to save him. Everything she did was for love but Dexter's too selfish to see that, he really doesn't deserve her. Debra deserves some happiness after everything she's been through. I really hope they don't turn her into a basketcase next season due to her killing LaGuerta.

The writers and producers have put themselves into a corner. I don't know if they can get out of it with any credibility. Deb killed LaGuerta with her own police issue gun, not to mention the DNA Deb and Dex left behind, plus the dispatch call Deb made on LaGuerta's whereabouts. If this was the ending of the series I would have been ok with it. Although something like this would never be able to go on real life for so long some of the scenes and the way Dexter was able to get away with things considering the evidence it felt way too unbelievable unlike previous seasons. Why oh why did they even bother to hint at a Dexter/Debra relationship at the end of season six only to completely screw it up this season? So frustrating. The writers and producers are going to have to perform a miracle in season 8 because despite the Dexter/Debra discovery/drama/tension the last two seasons have dropped the ball overall.
[close]
He's only on loan,
he's only on loannnn,
Rafa Benitez,
he'll be coming back home!

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: January 12, 2013, 09:55:28 pm »
@SHO_Dexter
Get ready to spend summer with #Dexter! SEASON 8 PREMIERE: Sunday, June 30

Earlier this year!

Offline skibaboo

• Baljeev's mate, and a good egg.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us dream, or at least stop the nightmares..
    • Anxiety Central
« Reply #577 on: January 12, 2013, 10:39:06 pm »
Beat me to it!! :D
bj. coutinho will be labelled the greatest liverpool player of all time once he hangs up his boots
u can quote that, put it in ur sig

bj. and if he aint, ill eat my own penis
http://www.anxiety-central.com/

Offline libby_lfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho.
    • Twitter
« Reply #578 on: January 12, 2013, 11:54:11 pm »
Yayyyyyyyy!!!!
People listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: January 13, 2013, 10:41:14 am »
ON MY BIRTHDAY! :D

Cant wait!
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: January 13, 2013, 10:45:26 am »
Any more news on whether Season 8 will be the last ?  The last thing I heard is that Showtime were open to, and negotiating, a ninth.

Offline trenchtownrasta

• fairy anne
  • Kopite
  • you may say I'm a dreamer,but I'm not the only one
« Reply #581 on: January 13, 2013, 11:59:07 am »
I got up to season five and can't quite be f*cked to watched it anymore, is it worth it?
'Say what you like about deaf people'.

Offline klobutruck33

• Anny Roader
  • MELLORRRRRR!
« Reply #582 on: January 16, 2013, 06:56:50 pm »
Any more news on whether Season 8 will be the last ?  The last thing I heard is that Showtime were open to, and negotiating, a ninth.

The executive producer Scott Buck said they were still working towards season 8 being the final season unless they hear otherwise from Showtime. Jennifer Carpenter who plays Debra said she thinks season 8 will be the last.

There were rumours season 8 would be extended to 16 episodes since the cast and crew were reporting back earlier than previous years but it's been confirmed that there will be 12 episodes but the season premiere will be starting a lot earlier this year. First episode is 30th June.

http://www.dexterdaily.com/2013/01/dexter-season-8-official-premiere-date.html

He's only on loan,
he's only on loannnn,
Rafa Benitez,
he'll be coming back home!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #583 on: February 4, 2013, 11:29:34 am »
Just finished series 7 and is it just me or was there a lot more heavy breathing from Dexter this time round?

Anyway, glad to see
Spoiler
the end of LaGuerta, FINALLY.
[close]

And the fact that there was no obvious big bad and instead just loads of shades of grey made it an interesting watch.  Not sure where I'd rank it but it kept me watching.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just noticed series 7 has hit the SKY channels and is up to episode 7 already. Gutted about this as I have religiously watched all previous 6 seasons episode by episode each week on FX Channel

Is FX channel now called FOX?

Suppose I will have to download season 7 now :(

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
Announced the next series will be the last, starts on June 30, 2013 and I can't wait.

Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dy6u5rXqN5o#!

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
I got up to season five and can't quite be f*cked to watched it anymore, is it worth it?

I would say yes, but then I love it. What I would say is that you've defo seen the best of Dexter, it doesn't get any better from your where you are - it gets weaker.

;D fuck, just realised that post is 3 months fucking old - ah well, he might pop back in

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
I would say yes, but then I love it. What I would say is that you've defo seen the best of Dexter, it doesn't get any better from your where you are - it gets weaker.

;D fuck, just realised that post is 3 months fucking old - ah well, he might pop back in

Hahahaha

I know what you mean. It does get weaker and the plot a little silly, but its still great TV, and a damn site better than some of the shite out there.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Season finale this weekend for s7. Been a very good season.

Offline vNauuuM

• Kopite
    • Rambo IPTV
This Show! Wow, I'm Addicted  8) ;D
Twitter: Nauman_Choudry

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
This Show! Wow, I'm Addicted  8) ;D

Nob  ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Never seen a single ep of this, but thats all about to change. Got netflix going. Looking forward to it

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Never seen a single ep of this, but thats all about to change. Got netflix going. Looking forward to it

Just in time for the final season, starts in a couple of weeks!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...

I wish I could erase my memory of watching it, then watch it over and over again
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just in time for the final season, starts in a couple of weeks!
ooh Good. Perfect timing. GoT ending doesn't seem so bad now

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
Finally watched the last 2 seasons of Dexter.
Hadn't watched an episode since 2012 and while the show obviously got worse as the series went on, I still thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 seasons.
I was hooked on Dexter back in the day and while this wasn't quite as good as that, it was always a ridiculously fun show and some great moments too.

Glad I got back to it and finished the series - wasn't an amazing end but not as bad as I remember people saying.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
I enjoyed Dexter, even the much maligned final season (or seasons), but I did think the final fifteen minutes were terrible.

It was basically The Dark Knight Rises.

There were rumours of a spinoff show, but I haven't read anything recently.  I might dig the boxset out again.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
I enjoyed Dexter, even the much maligned final season (or seasons), but I did think the final fifteen minutes were terrible.

It was basically The Dark Knight Rises.

There were rumours of a spinoff show, but I haven't read anything recently.  I might dig the boxset out again.

Yeah the final quarter of the ep felt rushed to be honest and I'd prefer the ending I've read online where Dexter is caught and he's facing lethal injection and there are pictures of his victims all around the room.
Was reading late last night so can't remember but it was either the original planned ending or the ending of the books.

I thought all seasons were good and although  there was a definite dip in quality it still remained a fantastic show.

They'll prob do another season in a few years, just to tie things up.
Many of these shows seem to.

But yeah - loved Dexter...a really good series.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
I've read the first five books and he isn't dead yet. The books are fucking terrible, I wouldn't be surprised if they kill him off and then bring him back as Zombie Dex.

The show follows the first book closely and then thankfully goes in its own direction.

The thing I loved about the show, especially early on, was that it was really funny.  The ending left a sour taste for some, not for me.  I didn't particularly like it, but I enjoyed everything prior.

Great show.