Author Topic: Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool Full time meh  (Read 87509 times)

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
Re: Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool Full time meh
« Reply #800 on: February 7, 2015, 10:48:28 pm »
So after tuesday we should know which competition were gonna go all out for.... or are we gonna give 50% in each competition in win nothing at the end of the season?
Seen us win everything

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: February 7, 2015, 10:49:11 pm »
I read on here Coutinho was injured but can someone confirm it? If he wasn't injured I'm just floored a Rodgers made that decision, in a game that was there to be won, no less.

Take off Coutinho and bring on his best partner (Sturridge) to replace him? Bizarre.
Hope that challenge at end of first half on him hasn't caused any damage

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #802 on: February 7, 2015, 10:49:43 pm »
I dont blame him to taking off Coutinho, even if he was injured, cause Coutinho has been playing in all of these mostly 90 minutes if Im not wrong:

Thu - 1   Barclays Premier League   Leicester   H   2   2             
Mon - 5   FA Cup   AFC Wimbledon   A   1   2   
Sat - 10   Barclays Premier League   Sunderland   A   0   1   
Sat - 17   Barclays Premier League   Aston Villa   A   0   2             
Tue - 20   Capital One Cup   Chelsea   H   1   1   
Sat - 24   FA Cup   Bolton   H   0   0   
Tue - 27   Capital One Cup   Chelsea   A   1   0   
Sat - 31   Barclays Premier League   West Ham   H   2   0
Wed - 4   FA Cup   Bolton   A   1   2   
Sat - 7   Barclays Premier League   Everton   A   0   0

got subbed off against West Ham I think around 80 minute mark? + 120 against Chelsea. And it will go on for us those 2  in a week games

Fair enough but Gerrard had to be hooked. He was so poor and had already played 90 in midweek.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: February 7, 2015, 10:57:10 pm »
Fair enough but Gerrard had to be hooked. He was so poor and had already played 90 in midweek.

Rodgers isn't going to hook Stevie in his last ever Derby. Rafa did it about 8 years ago and there was uproar, although it turned out ok. But he still had many left. This was his last one. Gutted the overhead kick wasn't the winner today.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: February 7, 2015, 10:58:40 pm »
It was a Goodison derby you crying twats.....a banker draw and that's what happened ...now gather your toys together and get to fuckin bed

Yeah,the whingers on here are unbelievable,are they fucking thick.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: February 7, 2015, 10:59:05 pm »
Rodgers isn't going to hook Stevie in his last ever Derby. Rafa did it about 8 years ago and there was uproar, although it turned out ok. But he still had many left. This was his last one. Gutted the overhead kick wasn't the winner today.
Rafa the genius. Brought on Lucas and won the game.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #806 on: February 7, 2015, 11:09:04 pm »
Laugh all you want but as future Liverpool captain why on earth would he sign a contract for less.

His agent currently has the club by the balls. Being captain of lfc is a massive job.

It's not a case of rating him or not.

Jeez do you ever shut up about your anti-Henderson crap?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: February 7, 2015, 11:11:04 pm »
Interesting stat if correct. No mega rich city back then either...
Think City is pretty much irrelevant - I mean the Chelsea team back then was better than any of the teams now, plus there were very good United and Arsenal teams. And we were playing Champions League till the latter stages in Rafa's first three seasons plus a League Cup Final and an FA Cup win, as well as other things.

The point stands though - Rodgers has done a decent job so far, in parts disappointing, in parts excellent.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: February 7, 2015, 11:14:21 pm »
I hate the derby. It means we lose points against a shite side we otherwise wouldnt lose points against, purely because they take a break from being shite and rise to the occassion. It does us no favours and could cost us top 4.

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #809 on: February 7, 2015, 11:19:56 pm »
Not much to say, hopefully Coutinho will be fit for Spurs cause we looked dreadful without him.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #810 on: February 7, 2015, 11:23:20 pm »
The difference in ambition was there for all to see. The home side played for the draw, shocking really.

And on another note.. Balotelli missing from the squad for 3 matches in a row and not injured..  :-\ says everything really. £16 million down the shitter.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #811 on: February 7, 2015, 11:24:25 pm »
Not much to say, hopefully Coutinho will be fit for Spurs cause we looked dreadful without him.
I would rest him. We need to contend for the cups.
Seen us win everything

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #812 on: February 7, 2015, 11:27:01 pm »
Was he injured then

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #813 on: February 7, 2015, 11:27:42 pm »

Good point.

Offline Woody Boyd

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #814 on: February 7, 2015, 11:33:05 pm »
All fart no poo.

Disappointing.

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
« Reply #815 on: February 7, 2015, 11:35:42 pm »
Hopefully Coutinho (if injured) and Lucas will be ok. Ibe played one hell of a game. They parked the bus a bit and were playing for a 0-0. I imagine the Tottenham game will be more open which will hopefully suit us.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #816 on: February 7, 2015, 11:35:52 pm »
Digested it all a bit now. As soon as Lucas went off for Allen I started to doubt we'd win, though I thought we'd concede. This is Allen's third season here now, and i can count on one hand the number of very good games he's had. He just doesn't offer enough, defensively or offensively.

Ibe was great. I think moreno without a striker to cross it to, barely does anything. When Sturridge plays I'd hope he runs at his man more.

We should have won today, definitely. Everton were very poor. A ghost of a team, really. We just didn't have enough about us to win.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #817 on: February 7, 2015, 11:36:23 pm »
All fart no poo.

Disappointing.

Thanks for my new sig  ;)

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Americaner...

• Kopite
« Reply #818 on: February 7, 2015, 11:38:55 pm »
What impressed me about Ibe wasn't just his raw abilities, but his decision making. He was very mature in his decisions, and played like a player much older and more experienced.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #819 on: February 7, 2015, 11:46:57 pm »
Fuck.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #820 on: February 7, 2015, 11:48:38 pm »
Furthermore, our set pieces are absolutely horrendous. Whenever we get a free kick or corner we might as well just hand over possession. Why oh why is Gerrard in the box from corners?

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #821 on: February 7, 2015, 11:51:30 pm »
A lot of the top 6 teams still need to play each other though. Everyone will drop points. Arsenal dropped 3 points today. Southampton lost last week. You make it sound like we're 8-10 points behind.

We dropped 2 points today, but if you think about it we rarely lose now, in fact we don't even concede goals. We haven't conceded a goal in 4 PL games. The team is different now. We're capable of closing that gap. There is a lot of football to be played yet. There will be a lot of 6-pointers.

Win against Spurs and a few of the other teams lose and you'd feel better again. We can say it because it's a possibility it will happen so why refrain from saying it.

Well said, mate. I'm still confident we'll get there. Disappointing result, but our defence is looking very assured while Mignolet continues his good run of form. Skrtel hands down the MOTM.

Gerrard was pretty much a passenger and, in my opinion, should be utilised from the bench from here on in.

I suspect most Everton fans would've dropped their pants and started jerking off after the full time whistle, naturally ecstatic with the result. Little Bobby Martinez has them playing like an alehouse job.

Offline Americaner...

• Kopite
« Reply #822 on: February 7, 2015, 11:52:01 pm »
Furthermore, our set pieces are absolutely horrendous. Whenever we get a free kick or corner we might as well just hand over possession. Why oh why is Gerrard in the box from corners?

The set pieces he has taken have been less than great either way.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #823 on: February 7, 2015, 11:54:52 pm »
My exact same gripe. Recently a stat came out we scored 1 goals from 117 attempts - number only got bigger in the meantime.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: February 7, 2015, 11:57:58 pm »

Presumably because we have a very short team and not many great headers of the ball at attacking corners. I mean all we have is Skrtel, Sakho and Can really, and only really Skrtel ever looks like he might score. Hendo is tall but not great with headers, the rest of the team are shortarses.

Also, given that Gerrard won't be here next season it makes sense to try and get our other players used to taking set pieces, as they'll have to next year. I don't imagine that's a conscious decision on the part of the manager, but I guess an another point worth considering.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #825 on: February 8, 2015, 12:00:03 am »
Presumably because we have a very short team and not many great headers of the ball at attacking corners. I mean all we have is Skrtel, Sakho and Can really, and only really Skrtel ever looks like he might score. Hendo is tall but not great with headers, the rest of the team are shortarses.

Also, given that Gerrard won't be here next season it makes sense to try and get our other players used to taking set pieces, as they'll have to next year. I don't imagine that's a conscious decision on the part of the manager, but I guess an another point worth considering.

Why were we so good from them last season, then? Coutinho and Hendo have been trying corners and they've been SO bad. If we get milner, he'll take them, he'll have to.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #826 on: February 8, 2015, 12:00:10 am »
See I'm feeling positive, we weren't at our best tonight but we could fucking win it. We had our chances and to be honest, they were abysmal thanks to our defence, Can had a very good game, he's so mature and only 21 but I wish one day he'll play in midfield because he's destined for that central midfield position. As I said, our defence was really good tonight, Everton pressed well but we managed to create our chances, we just needed to be more clinical. Skrtel, special mention to him, he's becoming more and more a leader and with Sakho and Can around him for once I feel safe about defence. There's a long way ahead of us, but I think we're getting there, though it will be hard, but I think we'll manage to get to top4, no question about it.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: February 8, 2015, 12:00:33 am »
Yet last season, we cunted dead ball opportunities. We can't blame this on Luis. Scent of blood thing. Senses heightened, concentration maxed out, when the group goes on a run. We've struggled this season, which means we just lob stuff in without that heightened hunter eyes on the ball shyte.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Americaner...

• Kopite
« Reply #828 on: February 8, 2015, 12:00:33 am »

Eh, I disagree. The balls coming in on set plays are not getting into dangerous areas and then getting headed out in a 50/50 situation - they are failing to even get by the first man, which is absolute crap. And when Gerrard does take the set pieces they haven't been good either. Our set pieces for vs set pieces against must be about the worst in the league.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: February 8, 2015, 12:17:27 am »
Why were we so good from them last season, then? Coutinho and Hendo have been trying corners and they've been SO bad. If we get milner, he'll take them, he'll have to.

What we achieved last season in that respect was totally unsustainable and looked more like a one off than anything else. We'll have to figure out something going forward though, they were dreadful today much as they have been all season.

Yet last season, we cunted dead ball opportunities.

Ha!  ;D

Eh, I disagree. The balls coming in on set plays are not getting into dangerous areas and then getting headed out in a 50/50 situation - they are failing to even get by the first man, which is absolute crap. And when Gerrard does take the set pieces they haven't been good either. Our set pieces for vs set pieces against must be about the worst in the league.

Which part do you disagree with? I wasn't saying our set plays are good, they're pretty shite. I was just suggesting one possible reason why Gerrard is in the box instead of taking the corners.

I agree the problems have been in the delivery and that the lack of height isn't necessarily why we've been shit at them this year, but I do think it will always be a relative hindrance for our ability to score from corners though. It's much easier for opposition teams to single out our three (and only) threats and mark them out of it.

Offline Americaner...

• Kopite
« Reply #830 on: February 8, 2015, 12:23:21 am »

I agree the problems have been in the delivery and that the lack of height isn't necessarily why we've been shit at them this year, but I do think it will always be a relative hindrance for our ability to score from corners though. It's much easier for opposition teams to single out our three (and only) threats and mark them out of it.

I meant I disagree that height is the main issue. I think delivery is the issue.

Anyways, not trying to dwell on a bad aspect of our play. Really happy at how our defense has been, and excited how Can, Ibe, Coutinho have been playing. Great to have Danny back as well.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: February 8, 2015, 12:24:28 am »
Some good displays but the second we lost Lucas we also lost control of midfield,  Gerrard and Allen were just passengers watched the game again and the amount of work Hendo is doing is ridiculous.
  Lambert coming on to turn the game  is just depressing.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #832 on: February 8, 2015, 12:24:47 am »
Actually Rodgers shot himself in the foot by bringing Allen on instead of Markovic when Lucas went. Should have been obvious to him that Everton were happy sitting back after 15 mins. Rodgers went for the safe move instead of the positive move. Gerrard should have been put in midfield for this game (as he had to play), then you could have Markovic or Ibe running at them instead of Gerrard facing backwards all day.
WOW. That has to be one of the poorest statements I have ever read on here.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: February 8, 2015, 12:36:24 am »
Was he injured then

No one seems to know, despite some posts to the contrary.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #834 on: February 8, 2015, 12:41:57 am »
I've spent the time since the match trying to come to terms with Gerrards level now

His last derby ever so you have to assume he's trying his heart out and honestly you could argue he was the worst player on the pitch
Last season he was obviously less than his peak but still made a contribution - this season he's fallen off a cliff
Dont think he's good enough to start for us now wherever he plays - tough to watch

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: February 8, 2015, 12:50:01 am »
I've spent the time since the match trying to come to terms with Gerrards level now

His last derby ever so you have to assume he's trying his heart out and honestly you could argue he was the worst player on the pitch
Last season he was obviously less than his peak but still made a contribution - this season he's fallen off a cliff
Dont think he's good enough to start for us now wherever he plays - tough to watch
He looks completely lost, it's like he's been put in so many positions he's lost his bearings and without his energy he can't seem to get into the game.  . Like you say sad to see.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #836 on: February 8, 2015, 12:51:53 am »
I think Allens race at the club has just about been run.

I don't think he will improve much more and after seeing midfielders like Hendo and Can, if prefer to dip into the market again or have Coutinho or Lallana drop deeper than utilise Allen.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #837 on: February 8, 2015, 12:55:26 am »

It's just the lack of energy, to see Can and Hendo running around, can especially taking players on it really does put SG current level into perspective, still has the class to place a shot or a long ball but he does about half the running that mario does these days

Offline eurolines

• Main Stander
« Reply #838 on: February 8, 2015, 01:00:20 am »
Dull stuff. Neither team wanted to win it enough.

Gerrard was awful.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #839 on: February 8, 2015, 01:01:25 am »
It's just the lack of energy, to see Can and Hendo running around, can especially taking players on it really does put SG current level into perspective, still has the class to place a shot or a long ball but he does about half the running that mario does these days

He'll have that when he's 50 though - he'll never lose the ability to strike a ball - but his game was based on his physicality and that's gone entirely; it was there in moments last year but this he's chasing shadows