Author Topic: Why we should keep Lucas?  (Read 265137 times)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Why we should keep Lucas?
« Reply #800 on: January 8, 2011, 04:48:45 pm »
Lucas'  last tweet after explaining that the players are not allowed to comment on the managemant's decisions

Quote:

As a player I will just make sure give 110% for the team in every game in any circumstance . #YNWA

Unquote

Has anybody ever doubt it? he always try to give his best, I hope Kenny appreciates it

I hope Lucas is played in a system that does the player justice. Meireless is back, so ideally he partners Lucas for the rest of the season, fitness permitting.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: January 8, 2011, 04:49:57 pm »
I hope Lucas is played in a system that does the player justice. Meireless is back, so ideally he partners Lucas for the rest of the season, fitness permitting.

Should be no brainer really.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: January 8, 2011, 04:59:46 pm »
Quote:
As a player I will just make sure give 110% for the team in every game in any circumstance . #YNWA
Lucas is absolutely class and he's the reason I signed up for Twitter. I just love the guy

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #803 on: January 8, 2011, 11:45:59 pm »
LucasLeiva87

Tomorrow is my birthday the best gift I could have is a victory!!
3 minutes ago via Twitter for ipad

Happy Birthday Lucas. You're better looking than Raul. And you're scouse. F.A.C.T.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #804 on: January 8, 2011, 11:48:09 pm »
Lucas is a class act, hard working and through and through liverpool player... a credit to that shirt. love the guy
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline rbagg10

• Main Stander
  • As always,we are focused on supporting the manager
« Reply #805 on: January 9, 2011, 12:03:09 am »
Happy birthday Lucas!
Priest on a sugar mountain carrying white liquid - Its MILK!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #806 on: January 9, 2011, 01:20:20 am »
Lucas is absolutely class and he's the reason I signed up for Twitter. I just love the guy
same I signed up on twitter to have a go at some idiots giving him abuse, twats.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #807 on: January 9, 2011, 01:20:57 am »
Happy birthday Lucas!

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #808 on: January 9, 2011, 01:22:13 am »
Happy birthday lad.
Lets hope you get a win as your present!
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: January 9, 2011, 01:23:49 am »
I don't know why but Lucas' attitude reminds me of a child. All innocent like. Like Butters from South Park.

Love him.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: January 9, 2011, 01:53:25 am »
I don't know why but Lucas' attitude reminds me of a child. All innocent like. Like Butters from South Park.

Love him.

Loo Loo Loo I like Gerrard. Loo Loo Loo I like Torres too.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: January 9, 2011, 02:07:12 am »
Happy Birthday!

:scarf
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: January 9, 2011, 12:21:42 pm »
Happy Birthday!

:scarf
May he score the winning goal today! What a birthday present that would be

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: January 9, 2011, 12:42:15 pm »
May he score the winning goal today! What a birthday present that would be

if he scores the winner at OT I cannot be held responsible for the actions that will follow.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #814 on: January 9, 2011, 12:44:53 pm »
if he scores the winner at OT I cannot be held responsible for the actions that will follow.

I'll hold you responsible though, if you don't take a video and post it on here... ;)

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #815 on: January 9, 2011, 01:03:53 pm »
Happy Birthday Lucas Leiva!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #816 on: January 9, 2011, 04:13:04 pm »
Was really good I thought.Doubled his efforts and epitomizes the passion.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #817 on: January 9, 2011, 04:51:03 pm »
He worked fucking hard today, both his midfield partners went missing, one with injury and one with sillyness/ref (delete as appropriate). Did well to get forward in the second half and to play Hernandez offside on that counter!
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #818 on: January 9, 2011, 04:54:11 pm »
same I signed up on twitter to have a go at some idiots giving him abuse, twats.

You all need to get on twitter to reply to this moron @StaffyWaffy

After todays performance  no-one can deny Lucas's  effort , even if not a fan.  Yet this moron send's numerous tweets to Lucas saying:

Just watched last Liverpool game, the ref actually worked harder than @LucasLeiva87.. get rid of the little pile of shite.

@LucasLeiva87 is Shit !!!

@LucasLeiva87 if this is the real Lucas then can you please get out of Anfield... you`re useless crap !!!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #819 on: January 9, 2011, 05:00:22 pm »
You all need to get on twitter to reply to this moron @StaffyWaffy

After todays performance  no-one can deny Lucas's  effort , even if not a fan.  Yet this moron send's numerous tweets to Lucas saying:

Just watched last Liverpool game, the ref actually worked harder than @LucasLeiva87.. get rid of the little pile of shite.

@LucasLeiva87 is Shit !!!

@LucasLeiva87 if this is the real Lucas then can you please get out of Anfield... you`re useless crap !!!

Gaz Longstaff (StaffyWaffy) on Twitter
http://twitter.com/StaffyWaffy

Gaz Longstaff (thebluemcfc) on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thebluemcfc

The arsehole is a Man City supporter.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #820 on: January 9, 2011, 06:05:15 pm »
Lucas was poor today. His tackling was bad, he got beaten time after time and his passing wasn't good either.

He's improved this season, undoubtedly, but that was his worst performance for some time.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: January 9, 2011, 06:09:02 pm »
Hmm...i thought he was our only decent central midfielder today. Once or twice, he did get caught on the ball due to not being aware of his surroundings but his off the ball play was excellent. Pressed well, positioning was good and his passing was simple but accurate. His worse game this season was Everton (a).

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: January 9, 2011, 06:13:27 pm »
Lucas was poor today. His tackling was bad, he got beaten time after time and his passing wasn't good either.

He's improved this season, undoubtedly, but that was his worst performance for some time.

I thought he was our best player first half

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: January 9, 2011, 06:14:05 pm »

Of the midfield 3, one got himself sent off, another shit out of a tackle, leading to that red card, and was later substituted, yet the one you criticise for non-performance is Lucas, who ran himself into the ground.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #824 on: January 9, 2011, 06:15:52 pm »
Ran himself into the ground again today with no fucking help whatsoever from the rest of the midfield.

Edit.

Bar Dirk Kuyt.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: January 9, 2011, 06:16:01 pm »

yea it was but it he was pushed into a bad performance by circumstance. He tired very early by his standards and could hardly close down for the last 20. His passing was good as always, did get caught in possession once or twice but kept the play moving very well. Towards the end he couldn't make a tackle to save his life but i think we had used all our subs.

We will do better next game and it should be interesting to see how we truly perform in kenny's system.

Had gerrard remained on the pitch I think that would have been a good team performance.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #826 on: January 9, 2011, 06:18:59 pm »
I thought he was our best player first half

I thought he struggled at the end of both halfs..he looked drained today but he still bust his balls for the cause.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #827 on: January 9, 2011, 06:24:11 pm »
I thought it was too much for him today.

He was better in the first half hour, but he kept getting beaten easily and caught in possession. His tackling wasn't good either.

Gerrard obviously was an overzealous idiot for that challenge, but I'm not talking about him here.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: January 9, 2011, 06:32:32 pm »
I thought it was too much for him today.

He was better in the first half hour, but he kept getting beaten easily and caught in possession. His tackling wasn't good either.

Gerrard obviously was an overzealous idiot for that challenge, but I'm not talking about him here.

So why do you judge him then when you knew he was pretty much on his own for the entire second half against Manchester United in Old Trafford and still they don´t outplayed us.

Sorry but this is just redicilous...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #829 on: January 9, 2011, 06:34:33 pm »
So why do you judge him then when you knew he was pretty much on his own for the entire second half against Manchester United in Old Trafford and still they don´t outplayed us.

Sorry but this is just redicilous...

It is not ridiculous.

He didn't do well in the technical side of the game.

I'm not slating him or binning him, I'm just saying that I didn't rate him today and explaining why.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: January 9, 2011, 06:41:00 pm »
It is not ridiculous.

He didn't do well in the technical side of the game.

I'm not slating him or binning him, I'm just saying that I didn't rate him today and explaining why.

Well fuck me. Reina misplaced a few passes today as well. There was one point where he had the ball in his hand, no pressure on him, and he dropkicked it straight to a Utd player in the centre circle, with no Liverpool players anywhere near the trajectory of the pass. It doesn't matter what else he did or how his head never dropped, he didn't do well in the technical side of the game.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #831 on: January 9, 2011, 06:42:10 pm »
Well fuck me. Reina misplaced a few passes today as well. There was one point where he had the ball in his hand, no pressure on him, and he dropkicked it straight to a Utd player in the centre circle, with no Liverpool players anywhere near the trajectory of the pass. It doesn't matter what else he did or how his head never dropped, he didn't do well in the technical side of the game.

Lucas didn't play well. Get over it.

All this bandwagon jumping over him is ridiculous. He's improved, yes...but he's not the finished article. Not by a long shot.

Offline Julio

• Legacy Fan
  • Brrrrrrr
« Reply #832 on: January 9, 2011, 06:45:47 pm »
Another fine performance from our player of the season
"We do not want a single foot of foreign territory; but of our territory we shall not surrender a single inch to anyone"

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #833 on: January 9, 2011, 06:47:18 pm »
May I refer you to King Kenny's take on it:

"I don't think any one of our players could be faulted for effort and commitment. Yes, they might pass it better or finish it better but this is a hard place to come."

Maybe today is one of the days where we leave Lucas bashing alone, and be proud to support all of our players.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #834 on: January 9, 2011, 06:47:43 pm »

:lmao Its difficult to discuss Lucas with some people, they just see what they want to see to be honest
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #835 on: January 9, 2011, 06:48:23 pm »
Another fine performance from our player of the season

....said Alex Ferguson of Howard Webb's match-winning performance.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: January 9, 2011, 06:48:38 pm »
Decent performance but once Gerrard departed I felt both him and Merieles just didn't have the legs to maintain his recent high performance. Kuyt was out on his legs for the last 10 mins.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #837 on: January 9, 2011, 06:48:53 pm »
Its difficult to discuss Lucas with some people, they just see what they want to see to be honest

Same could be said about all those clambering onto the Lucas bandwagon.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #838 on: January 9, 2011, 06:50:33 pm »
Played well today, gave his all (unlike Nando) and will be a fixture in any Kenny side.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: January 9, 2011, 06:51:31 pm »
Lucas didn't play well. Get over it.

All this bandwagon jumping over him is ridiculous. He's improved, yes...but he's not the finished article. Not by a long shot.

Fantastic array of strawmen you've set up there. Are you planning on putting them side by side for free kick practice?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011