Author Topic: A favour for an incredibly brave friend  (Read 1503 times)

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
A favour for an incredibly brave friend
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:39:27 pm »
Hi all,

I have an incredible friend who is in need of a new wheelchair. I won't post loads about it here because it's all in the GoFundMe page I have set up for her. And I think everything in there speaks for itself. Those who know me on here will know I don't post stuff like this all the time (or ever really) but if any RAWKites read this and do feel like throwing a few quid her way that would be a wonderful thing.

Obviously exposure is just as important so anyone who was willing to share on social media too, every bit helps. I actually Tweeted a Sunderland podcast knowing that she's a Sunderland fan and turns out she knows 2 of the people from there - so if anyone knows people in the area that would be even more helpful.

https://www.gofundme.com/beccy-needs-new-wheels

Mods - if you're not happy for this to be here then I won't take offence if it's deleted.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: A favour for an incredibly brave friend
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 08:57:24 am »
Little bump and a small donation too , hopefully you'll easily get there .

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 10:01:50 am »
Little bump and a small donation too , hopefully you'll easily get there .

Thanks so much for that. It's been flying since I put it up last night but that's mainly large donations from people who know her. It's the fivers and tenners from those who don't that will hopefully push it over the line.

I honestly can't explain how cruel it is to watch her deterioration that is inevitable with an illness that weakens all connective tissue, which is basically 90% of her body. That she is still working and helping cancer patients is incredible - and I know what a difference this chair would make.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 12:58:23 pm »
Up to £2185. Thanks to anyone on here who has donated. If you can spare any amount, that would be incredible. Only £815 to go.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 02:39:58 pm »
Life can be so cruel. There was a girl with this condition on DIY SOS Big Build some time back; utterly heartbreaking and had me in bits (as the show more often than not does).

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 03:51:17 pm »
Life can be so cruel. There was a girl with this condition on DIY SOS Big Build some time back; utterly heartbreaking and had me in bits (as the show more often than not does).

Yeah I think she said she watched that. It's genuinely flabbergasting that this is the same person I first met in 2012, bouncing in and out of the Radiotherapy treatment rooms. That she has adapted her career to still help cancer patients is incredible, reckon I'd have given up.

Cheers for the donation by the way, much appreciated.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 04:22:45 pm »
Hello mate. I’m not in a position to throw money in right now. The sale of my house goes through on the 31st so I will ensure I throw some in then. If I could now I would. Hope you achieve it mate. Good on ya!
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 10:39:15 pm »
Hello mate. I’m not in a position to throw money in right now. The sale of my house goes through on the 31st so I will ensure I throw some in then. If I could now I would. Hope you achieve it mate. Good on ya!

That's really kind of you Roady.

Thankfully I have just been able to post the following update on the page:

FANTASTIC NEWS!!

Through the powers of the small world of Sunderland gossip, Beccy's former teachers; the Sisters Of Mercy, Oaklea heard about this campaign and were so keen to help that they have provided a cheque to cover the remaining cost of Beccy's wheelchair, plus an additional amount to cover some proper gloves and insurance.

Because of the fluid nature of the fundraising, this donation may even push us beyond the chair, the gloves and insurance. If that ends up being the case we had a little chat about where any excess money should go.

For a while Beccy has been visiting Worthing and District Harriers Wheelchair Athletics club - who are the only such club in the South East and are very limited on the number of chairs they can loan out.

We hope you will all agree that it is fitting that any leftover funds go towards something that will benefit a lot of others too.

Thank you so much for all your generosity, support, likes and shares which have allowed us to raise this money for Beccy in less than a week. I am told her new chair will take roughly 2 weeks to be custom made, meaning that she will likely be in it less than a month after we started raising money.

You should all be proud of yourselves for sparing what you could for what we feel passionately is a wonderful cause. Beccy is eternally grateful to anyone who took the time.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 11:13:28 pm »
Great update!!! I’ll top it up with a donation . Great to see
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 10:20:15 am »
Great update!!! I’ll top it up with a donation . Great to see

Really decent of you that. Nice one.