Author Topic: Full time LFC 2-1WBA  (Read 27394 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Full time LFC 2-1WBA
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:00 pm »
Glenn Hoddle was chatting some shit on commentary tonight, he started talking about throw ins being neglected in football randomly the weirdo.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:00 pm »
First win against Pulis on Anfield since 2011? Shittin' bricks at the end! 3 points is all that matters :)

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:03 pm »
On another day Firmino would have a hatrick.. We should have killed the game off long before they scored but 3pts can't complain
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:04 pm »
How did we turn the last 10 minutes so nervy  :lmao
Fantastic display, though!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:09 pm »
Don't want to be top too early,  that'll do fine. Never ideal to give ourselves a nervy last ten but we saw it out.  Been a great day of results so far.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:10 pm »
We are so much fun to watch. What a time to be a Red and not a Red devil!
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:11 pm »
Is it just me? Or is this season starting to have a 2013/2014 feel to it already?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:14 pm »
West Brom are such a poor excuse for a club. Boring shite they serve up every week. Should have been much more comfortable, but who cares. Joint top of the league!
We needed Suarez to shown West Brom's true level.

On another note, we could really use some Lovren goals.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:30:53 pm by juan1001 »

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:14 pm »
What the hell was he on about when he said we neede to turn it on against the bigger teams? Didnt he know about Arsenal and Chelsea?

And we outplayed Spurs and United but came away with draws against both.
#JFT97

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:25 pm »
League cup rather the league tho.

I was about to say perfect then I remembered that we're playing Tottenham so it won't be as easy.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:34 pm »
One day, when I'm old and have one or two of my own teeth left, we'll learn how to defend corners.
Until then, every set piece against us will be cardiac arrest territory.

In truth before their goal we should have been at least 4 up.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:38 pm »
Tony  Pullis = Wankspanner

3 points excellent
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:51 pm »
What the hell was he on about when he said we neede to turn it on against the bigger teams? Didnt he know about Arsenal and Chelsea?

I'm sure he even mentioned those two along with City.  What a peckerwood.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:52 pm »
fuk off pulis you knob. could not belive it when they scored! we completely dominated that game start to end.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:56 pm »
It's only the EFL cup, I'm sure he would be rested anyways

Yeah but at least it's in the league cup against what I imagine will be a extremely rotated Spurs side

Oh decent, I thought it was Palace away :D Good time to take the one game ban
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:57 pm »
Easy.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2016, 07:30:08 pm »

Hahah I'm glad I wasn't the one who was confused as fuck. "They need to do this against the Chelseas and Arsenals..... Wait a minute..."
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2016, 07:30:28 pm »
Job done...
On to palace....
:thumbup

We played some mesmerising stuff going forward. And fair play to WBA, they came and tried to play football, which is more than can be said for Monday night

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2016, 07:30:30 pm »
Young Ben Foster was having a game of his life.
Easy  :P
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »
I keep thinking this, but Firmino misses a lot of good chances or fails to set himself up properly for the shot, or otherwise lacks the pace/strength to lead the line. I would be interested to see Origi there. Mane and Coutinho were brilliant but I think Firmino just isn't quite a centre forward, despite many good performances there.

The other person who messed things up a bit in the final third was Can in the second half taking a few too many silly shots while the score was still 2-0. You could see Klopp getting annoyed too at his decision making.

We should have had the game wrapped up with a third goal as there was always a risk of conceding at a corner to a side with an average height advantage of 3 inches and our poor set pieces record.

All that aside, we were dominant and lovely to watch.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2016, 07:30:49 pm »
Picture the scenario. You're a kid in the playground who is comfortably better than all his mates, constantly scoring goals and beating them with pieces of individual flair and brilliance. You work your arse off to improve and refine your skills and realise that you actually may have a shot at making it as a professional. You work your way up through your club's youth team ranks, dreaming of the opportunity to showcase your ability playing amongst the world's best. You manage to secure a professional contract and through your performances in the reserves you force your way into the first team. Only to find yourself playing for Tony Pulis FC who stifles the life out of you, values nothing besides your size and ability to hit it long and makes you forget why you wanted to play football in the first place. Fucking hate playing them.

Now onto the game, fuck me we don't make it easy for ourselves sometimes. We should have put it to bed long before we conceded from a set piece as per usual. It was pretty much the perfect performance for the first 80 minutes aside from the wasted chances. That last 10 minutes aside everyone was brilliant with Lallana and Coutinho particularly impressive. Annoying that we missed the chance to go top for the day but the 3 points was by far the most important thing against a manager we have a terrible record against. Now onto Spurs and Palace.

As a side note, couldn't believe how much shite Glen Hoddle was spewing. 'Need to play like this against the better teams'. Has he seen the fixtures we've played so far this season? Absolutely clueless.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2016, 07:30:59 pm »
Three points in the bag at the end of the day is all that counts. C'mon REDMEN  8)
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Online Breakdown

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2016, 07:31:00 pm »
Jurgen Klopp = football genius

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2016, 07:31:15 pm »
set fucking pieces again, huh? At least we still won this time ;D

Young Ben Foster had a good game, bleh. We could've won by 4 or 5 if not for him. Shame. But still, I'm not really pissed off - I'm happy that we won and kinda relaxed now after those nervy 10 minutes. And I can't wait for our next match! :scarf

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2016, 07:31:18 pm »
Another difficult game handled. 3 points.
But every team we play is going to plan on roughing up Karius at set pieces and put the ball in around him to try and take advantage of indecision.
He is going to need to put in some performances where he is steady and confident in those instances or it will just snowball...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2016, 07:31:21 pm »
Really don't mind us conceding the top spot with that goal. We played some sublime football and on another day we could have had more. Just a joy to watch.

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2016, 07:31:43 pm »
Terrible goal to concede again.. otherwise great show.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2016, 07:31:47 pm »
Always in control of the game yet still getting a bit nervy at the end, that's just called being Liverpool isn't it? Having said that I never thought they were getting an equaliser.

I see Hoddle was moving the goalposts on us again. After beating Chelsea and Arsenal and drawing with Spurs, whilst playing well against all of them, he was suggesting beating defensive teams would be a challenge for us as we have a good record against the better sides under Klopp. Twice today, once in the first half and once in the second he questions whether we can "play like this against yer Arsenals and yer Chelseas, that's the big challenge". Erm?

Still stuff like that and not going top keeps us under the radar for a bit longer and maybe keeps the pressure off.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2016, 07:31:52 pm »
He is a bag of nerves.
So there's really no need to go around insulting people just because they say so.

I see nothing in his game so far to justify slotting him straight in the first team, but fuck if I care since Mignolet ain't all that much either.
Klopp's call really.

Could not agree more.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2016, 07:32:00 pm »
We win a game which we drew last season , spur dropped points last week and move into second and half the post here are moaning about Karius . Seriously sigh

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2016, 07:32:01 pm »
Coutinho's English has gotten so much better.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2016, 07:32:42 pm »
Easeh easeh.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2016, 07:32:44 pm »
Glenn Hoddle was chatting some shit on commentary tonight, he started talking about throw ins being neglected in football randomly the weirdo.

He also said he`s seen us play like this against lower opposition this season and if we can play like that against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal we`ll be in with a chance.

We beat Chelsea and Arsenal in their own back yard you tit  ::)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2016, 07:32:44 pm »
Really don't mind us conceding the top spot with that goal. We played some sublime football and on another day we could have had more. Just a joy to watch.

We're actually joint top, as we would have been anyway if we had kept a two goal lead, but it's early days and as long as we're in one of the decent spots we're in with a great chance of getting the top spot.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2016, 07:32:45 pm »

I think Hoddle was a turd in another life.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2016, 07:32:58 pm »
Hahah I'm glad I wasn't the one who was confused as fuck. "They need to do this against the Chelseas and Arsenals..... Wait a minute..."

Maybe he means a team of the best players from both clubs...

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2016, 07:33:07 pm »
Henderson missing the next game is a bit of a bummer, but he would have picked up another yellow by January or whatever anyway.
isn't he going to miss the league cup game against Spurs and not against Cyrstal palace? correct me if I am wrong.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2016, 07:33:23 pm »

Not his fault, he's paying for sins from a previous life.
:D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2016, 07:33:23 pm »

Yeah, and how we "need to learn" about punting a ball into a corner or row Z as a means of match control. And that we'll be tested by better teams.

Like who, Glenn? Barca? Chelsea? Arsenal? Spurs? The shit half Mancs?

Offline Eliit

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2016, 07:33:32 pm »
How did this go on to be a game with nervous ending? We should've been 5 up by the time they scored their goal. Impressive overall performance by us though.

By the way, who was the guy on BT sports, who twice said something along the lines that it's all good being dominant against west brom but we haven't really proved our worth against good sides? Fucking idiot.