Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2009295 times)

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #2440 on: October 23, 2016, 07:00:46 am »
I've said on numerous times earlier in this thread that there was no comparing him to Suarez. But he's looking more and more like him in recent weeks. He was a battering ram against against West Brom.

At the moment he really is very close to what Suarez was, minus the volume of goals. He's such a hard worker that I wonder if he will improve his finishing enough that he'll be able to post Suarez-esque tallies one day. He has a team that is capable of creating more than what we were able to do in 13/14, IMHO, if you take Suarez and Firmino out of the equation.
I'm not sure he has that top-level ability to pull goals out of his arse like Suarez did

Firmino plays the percentage game much more I think. Not that Suarez used to be stupid with it, he knew what he was capable of, so he tried it time and again.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2441 on: October 23, 2016, 07:11:22 am »
I'm not sure he has that top-level ability to pull goals out of his arse like Suarez did

Firmino plays the percentage game much more I think. Not that Suarez used to be stupid with it, he knew what he was capable of, so he tried it time and again.

Oh I agree. Suarez is still a different class, without a doubt. But I think the current team will carve out more clear chances for Firmino, whereas Suarez maybe created more clear chances for himself.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #2442 on: October 23, 2016, 07:23:06 am »
Oh I agree. Suarez is still a different class, without a doubt. But I think the current team will carve out more clear chances for Firmino, whereas Suarez maybe created more clear chances for himself.
Suarez is in the top tier of world class players - they create their own chances and bury it.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #2443 on: October 23, 2016, 07:28:03 am »
He pulls off some outrageous skills does Bob, was class everywhere except in front if goal last night, think he should've at least buried one.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2444 on: October 23, 2016, 07:51:29 am »
The ferocious tenacity, excquisite technique, literally endless running, razor sharp wit and creativity, awareness of teammates, and overall exuberance for the game.

It's like if Dani Alves had learned how to finish and decided to be a striker instead of a Rightback. Loving every second of this.   

Not a bad shout the Dani Alves one, I can see that. Boundless energy, a certain similarity in their stride, excellent control...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #2445 on: October 23, 2016, 09:47:04 am »
While many strikers are 'boxers', Firmino is the footballing version of an MMA fighter. He's fucking great at everything. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, wrestling, striking, judo, cardio, etc, etc.

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #2446 on: October 23, 2016, 09:50:54 am »
While many strikers are 'boxers', Firmino is the footballing version of an MMA fighter. He's fucking great at everything. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, wrestling, striking, judo, cardio, etc, etc.

Yeah... in a way. He is good at everything, not sure he is great at everything. Can't see any extreme qualities, perhaps his passing/dribbling in tight spaces. But the total package makes him great.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #2447 on: October 23, 2016, 10:12:17 am »
He'd have been a fantastic immediate Suarez replacement; we should've been right on him the very moment Sanchez (who we'd apparently earmarked to fill Luis' boots for a while, putting all our eggs in one basket it seemed like) started faffing us about. Would've bridged that gaping void pretty nicely back then, I reckon, and we'd have spared ourselves that awful season waiting for Balotelli to come good. Perhaps would've cost us more than we got him for later, but evidently would've been worth the 'gamble'. I'd genuinely much rather Bobby Firms in my side than Sanchez.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2448 on: October 23, 2016, 10:12:40 am »
If he was called Firminho, people would wet themselves.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #2449 on: October 23, 2016, 10:14:25 am »
good one    ;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2450 on: October 23, 2016, 11:01:18 am »
That double dragback for the Clyne shot wasn't half bad

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: October 23, 2016, 11:13:41 am »
hahahaha..

I love the guy, its strange because he is so good at creating chances and working the ball into the box.. we don't often get to see his wonderful long range shooting.
Iīll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: October 23, 2016, 12:00:37 pm »
I'm still shaking my head in wonderment at his pass to Mané for the first goal. I mean, how does a human being running at that speed place a football so precisely onto the foot of another human being running at such speed?

Sexual football.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2453 on: October 23, 2016, 12:21:29 pm »
I'm still shaking my head in wonderment at his pass to Mané for the first goal. I mean, how does a human being running at that speed place a football so precisely onto the foot of another human being running at such speed?

Sexual football.

It was sensational and the point is if he hesitates for a second or takes even one touch the chance is gone.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #2454 on: October 23, 2016, 12:27:28 pm »

Sexual football.

With his 'weaker' foot.

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: October 23, 2016, 12:35:32 pm »
He's a class act.went to the game yesterday first time on the kop.I only realised how good his movement was seeing him in the flesh.drinking Stella in the airport for breakfast,just booked a shopping trolley for later.....

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2456 on: October 23, 2016, 01:51:55 pm »
Its becoming clearer and clearer with every passing match that Bob is transforming into Suarez-lite, minus the nasty parts of Luis. Its almost mental but I expect him to score or assist a goal every game that he plays in. He could easily end up with 15+ goals and assists this season.

When we sold Suarez, I wanted Firmino as a replacement because I saw him as a Suarez-Lite. It's taken him a season but everyone else is starting to see what he brought to Hoffenheim now.I know I'm basing it on Youtube Clips but I still get the feeling that he has another level to hit with us yet.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: October 24, 2016, 07:53:47 am »
He's pure quality. I love the way he can fill in a number of positions with no drop in quality. Speaks volumes that he's made the strikers position his own. Crazy that Brendan didn't have a clue what to do with him.

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
« Reply #2458 on: October 24, 2016, 08:07:56 am »
Yeah... in a way. He is good at everything, not sure he is great at everything. Can't see any extreme qualities, perhaps his passing/dribbling in tight spaces. But the total package makes him great.
You mean except his technique, finishing, heading, movement, flicks & tricks and passing?

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #2459 on: October 24, 2016, 09:59:41 am »
You mean except his technique, finishing, heading, movement, flicks & tricks and passing?

Exactly. He's great at all of those.

Didn't Firmino finish the league with better stats (goals + assists) than De Bruyne last season? And I bet he's got much better defensive marks than the latter as well.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2460 on: October 24, 2016, 11:34:36 am »
If he can get better at taking one touch and burying it he'll be unstoppable in this current form. He can dally a bit in front of goal, which allows defenders and goalkeepers to set themselves, but it's understandable for a player whose skill set is more like a 10 than a 9

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2461 on: October 24, 2016, 06:09:25 pm »

Nice. A few commentators are calling him that already...
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2462 on: October 24, 2016, 06:21:53 pm »
Shades of Suarez? You're all having a laugh.

Firmino's teeth have probably never even bitten into an apple, there's no chance he's going to chomp on some nearby defender. ;D

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2463 on: October 24, 2016, 06:53:35 pm »
Suarez comparisons are useless. I get that he's some form of parameter to set him against, but it's pointless. He's a fantastic football, but I see Firmino as very different. Suarez is an individual who works well in a team, I feel that Firmino is much better as a cog of the system, rather than Suarez who the system should be build around.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #2464 on: October 27, 2016, 05:44:01 pm »
Firmino's defense compilation:

https://twitter.com/TheAnalysisVids/status/790627222335983616

By TheAnalysisVids

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #2465 on: October 28, 2016, 11:27:59 am »
Shades of Suarez? You're all having a laugh.

Firmino's teeth have probably never even bitten into an apple, there's no chance he's going to chomp on some nearby defender. ;D

Their respective teeth represent about the same amount of their character, though. Can't miss them.

Firmino's defense compilation:

https://twitter.com/TheAnalysisVids/status/790627222335983616

By TheAnalysisVids

Boss.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:33:29 am by edge »

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #2466 on: October 29, 2016, 07:33:34 pm »
Beautiful goal. Firmino bringing some of that Bundesliga's Roberto Firmino finishing to the Prem.

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2467 on: October 29, 2016, 07:37:19 pm »
What a trier. Runs everywhere, puts himself about constantly, tackles, intercepts, heads etc. Does the lot defensively. And then when he gets on the ball, he's utterly sublime. Skill, tricks, flicks, goals, he's got it all. What a player.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #2468 on: October 29, 2016, 07:37:57 pm »
I just found out that he recently turned 25.... I could've sworn he was 27 or some shit.

Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2469 on: October 29, 2016, 07:49:34 pm »
I just found out that he recently turned 25.... I could've sworn he was 27 or some shit.
He will probably be here for a long time.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2470 on: October 29, 2016, 07:50:14 pm »
Real footballer.
We're lucky to have him.

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2471 on: October 29, 2016, 07:50:46 pm »
What. A. Player.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2472 on: October 29, 2016, 07:53:34 pm »
I'm pretty sure pulling his shirt off is an autonomic function for him. Maybe he breathes through his skin like Quiet from MGSV.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2473 on: October 29, 2016, 07:57:09 pm »
Says a lot when you don't miss Daniel Sturridge up front because we have a player like him. Awesome.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Zinc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All Good, Clean Fun...(whatever that means)...
« Reply #2474 on: October 29, 2016, 08:00:37 pm »
Good on ya Bobby lad. Keep it coming
twitter: @ampersandad

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #2475 on: October 29, 2016, 08:07:45 pm »
He is fucking brilliant. Utterly fucking brilliant.

Best thing is that he is underrated so we won't have to deal with the likes of Barca or Madrid trying to sign him.
Believe

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #2476 on: October 29, 2016, 08:11:30 pm »

When he signed him he was 23 (but soon to be 24). I've been watching him since he was 21. Patchy Bundesliga streams and all.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2477 on: October 29, 2016, 08:14:20 pm »
I'm pretty sure pulling his shirt off is an autonomic function for him. Maybe he breathes through his skin like Quiet from MGSV.
Hopefully there's a rain scene with Coutinho coming up :P

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2478 on: October 29, 2016, 08:28:43 pm »
With his attitude and desire he is only going to better. Reminds me of Kenny.

Sublimely talented but combines that finesse with great awareness and an unbelievable appetite for the game.

The other comparison with Kenny is that the lad is as hard as nails. Totally fearless and uses his body to shield the ball ridiculously well.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2479 on: October 29, 2016, 08:34:47 pm »
Can't believe some tried to claim he was no good

The lads top quality, so so influential