Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12293257 times)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: So what are these Youth/Reserve lads like?
« Reply #90280 on: October 23, 2016, 02:29:32 pm »
It's 1-0 to us, no idea who scored I've only just switched on. 71mins gone
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #90281 on: October 23, 2016, 02:33:27 pm »
Mr Wilson is gonna be a star

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90282 on: October 23, 2016, 02:36:40 pm »
It's 1-0 to us, no idea who scored I've only just switched on. 71mins gone

It was Brooks Lennon.

Second just scored by Harry Wilson, a free kick put in, he stood out on the 18-yard line and picked up the clearance, took a touch and then just guided it into the corner.  Not hard hit but low and in the corner and the keeper unsighted and it scored.

Also notable was Grabara's save in between the goals when Everton were pressing for an equaliser.  Only 17 but absolutely massive and looks a real talent on admittedly scarce evidence.  First time I've seen him play so I've been watching him and I can see why there's a bit of hype about him.

2-0 right now, headed into the last 10 minutes.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90283 on: October 23, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »
thanks for the update guys

been trying to find streams but unfortunately none found.

consolation of watching man city game instead ;)

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90284 on: October 23, 2016, 02:41:40 pm »
Kamil Grabara with another sensational save.  Ball deflects off Ilori, looping into the goal but then Grabara gets a hand to push it onto the bar.

Really shows how you can teach a lot of things to a goalkeeping prospect but an extra 6 inches of height is something you can't teach.  What an asset.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90285 on: October 23, 2016, 02:42:49 pm »
thanks for the update guys

been trying to find streams but unfortunately none found.

consolation of watching man city game instead ;)

Browser stream (LFC TV coverage);

http://www.vipbox.nu/football/428006/1/liverpool-u23-vs-everton-u23-live-stream-online.html
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90286 on: October 23, 2016, 02:50:23 pm »
Harry Wilson is having the season I thought he would last year
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90287 on: October 23, 2016, 02:56:03 pm »
2-0 FT

Good game, a bit more even than the scoreline would suggest but we were the better side so just about a fair result in the end.

Wilson and Woodburn the standouts going forward, though Lennon (pacier than I thought!) and Virtue honourable mentions.  In defense they were attacking quite a bit but Ilori and Sakho snuffed out the danger pretty well in my opinion.  Still, they didn't instill the real confidence one would have thought when those two were being heralded as a future first team partnership.

I've spoken about Grabara above so won't add much other than to say that he looked quite competent.  Made the two saves he had to make, and then played well to snuff out a couple of opportunities before they got to shots.

Overall a good result for the youngsters, especially without several who are expected to be with the first team.  Randall, for example, is nowhere near the player Alexander-Arnold is (though his effort is first class).  I expect TAA and Ejaria to do the youth system proud on Tuesday night (not mentioning Ings and Grujic as they are really first team players who have dropped down on occasion this year).

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #90288 on: October 23, 2016, 03:38:45 pm »
What was the actual team for this please?
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90289 on: October 23, 2016, 03:41:20 pm »
What was the actual team for this please?

Top of this page mate

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #90290 on: October 23, 2016, 03:55:47 pm »

Brooks Lennon's goal vs Everton on 46 mins - https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/790182289145823233

Wilson's goal vs Everton on 76 mins - https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/790188545625448448
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:59:29 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #90291 on: October 23, 2016, 04:37:54 pm »
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #90292 on: October 23, 2016, 05:59:54 pm »
I love Harry Wilson, I was hoping to see him on the bench on Tuesday but his time will come.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #90293 on: October 23, 2016, 07:01:50 pm »
Glad we've left Ings out, as we shouldn't be risking first team players against the thugs. Hopefully Sakho and the other lads avoid broken limbs from the assaults that'll come their way.

That's a bit harsh expecting a raw 17 year old like Woodburn to deal with violent thugs without the reassuring presence of Sakho around :)

I think playing at u23 with a scattering of first team players is great for the youngsters development and it's good to see new buys like Gruic serving their apprenticeship in the "reserves".

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #90294 on: October 23, 2016, 07:12:59 pm »
How was Chirivella?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90295 on: October 23, 2016, 07:18:47 pm »
How was Chirivella?

He looked comfortable when he had the ball although he didn't have much to do today. I thought Maguire and Ilori played well for us.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #90296 on: October 23, 2016, 07:25:46 pm »
He looked comfortable when he had the ball although he didn't have much to do today. I thought Maguire and Ilori played well for us.

Nice swan.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #90297 on: October 24, 2016, 08:41:45 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-u23s-2-0-everton-12067223

Less than 24 hours after Jurgen Klopp ’s men extended their impressive run with victory over West Brom, the Reds’ second string proved they will be strong contenders for the Premier League 2 crown.

Michael Beale’s side moved up to second place and cut Everton’s lead at the top to two points with a deserved 2-0 victory in the mini-derby.

This fixture always mattered and a 2,500-strong crowd witnessed a real battle at Prenton Park.

Beale was forced into five changes after Jurgen Klopp decided to hold back Danny Ings, Marko Grujic, Ovie Ejaria, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Kevin Stewart with one eye on Tuesday’s EFL Cup tie with Tottenham.

But Liverpool showcased the depth in talent of their under-23s squad as others like Joe Maguire and Matty Virtue stepped up and delivered. After Brooks Lennon put the Reds in front, they dug deep to weather the storm before captain Harry Wilson wrapped up the points.

The front four of Lennon, Wilson, Ben Woodburn and Cameron Brannagan proved too hot for the Blues to handle. Only the crossbar denied Brannagan a stunning goal late on after they had countered with real menace.

There was no doubt who was the star attraction for the hundreds of local kids inside Prenton Park.

They chanted the name of Mamadou Sakho after the final whistle and he responded by going across to them to sign autographs and pose for selfies.

Sakho produced another dominant performance as he cruised through his fourth outing for the under-23s.

The highlight was the drag-back he produced to outfox Dominic Calvert Lewin. The fans lapped it up. Sakho also sensibly acted as peacemaker when tempers flared before the break when Everton took exception to a strong challenge from Cameron Brannagan.

Yet the fact that Sakho was on the teamsheet on a day when others on the fringes of the first-team squad were left out spoke volumes about his prospects under Klopp.

He’s heading for the Anfield exit door but the youngsters certainly appear to be benefiting from having him around at the Academy.

It hasn’t been plain sailing for Brooks Lennon at Liverpool.

After initially impressing on trial in 2013, work permit issues delayed the dream move for the USA youth international attacker.

The paperwork was finally completed in the summer of 2015 thanks to the fact that he has an Irish grandfather.

Since then the former Real Salt Lake City youngster has been battling to make up for lost time.

This season he’s struggled to command a starting spot for the under-23s but Ings’ absence at Prenton Park handed him a chance in the No 9 role and he grabbed it with both hands.

The 19-year-old brought the contest to life with a thumping header early in the second half.

Joe Maguire’s delivery from the left was inviting and Lennon showed real desire as he rose highest in the box to power home off the underside of the bar.

Lennon led the line well throughout and kept Everton’s centre-backs occupied. The warm embrace from Beale when he was substituted late on was richly deserved.

There's another big Pole in Reds goal

Everton rallied after Lennon’s opener but Liverpool’s young Polish keeper Kamil Grabara simply refused to be beaten.

The highly-rated 17-year-old cost the Reds an initial fee of £250,000 when he arrived from Ruch Chorzow in January.

Grabara looked uncertain at times under the high ball and he was fortunate that Liam Walsh’s free-kick sailed wide after he had misjudged the flight.

However, his shot-stopping abilities couldn’t be questioned. Grabara produced fine saves to deny Jonjoe Kenny and Dominic Calvert Lewin.

The young Pole also reacted brilliantly to backtrack and claw the ball to safety after Tiago Ilori had inadvertently directed Kieran Dowell’s cross goalwards. Grabara has real potential.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #90298 on: October 24, 2016, 11:41:26 am »
Where has Grabara come from? Not noticed him before.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90299 on: October 24, 2016, 12:03:19 pm »
Where has Grabara come from? Not noticed him before.

The highly-rated 17-year-old cost the Reds an initial fee of £250,000 when he arrived from Ruch Chorzow in January.

Its in the report about 10 lines above your post ;)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #90300 on: October 25, 2016, 08:05:42 am »
more deep vibes on our youth program from the boss.   it's evident to me that we are in excellent hands.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-id-love-bring-10-12072783

Jurgen Klopp is excited about the calibre of young talent emerging from the Liverpool Academy.

Trent Alexander-Arnold could become the latest teenager to make his senior Reds debut in Tuesday night’s EFL Cup tie with Tottenham at Anfield. The talented full-back from West Derby turned 18 earlier this month and has been on the club’s books since the age of six.

Midfielder Ovie Ejaria, who was handed his first-team bow in the win at Derby in the previous round, is also in contention as Klopp prepares to field a much changed side.

“I think there’s a lot to say about a few of our young players,” Klopp said.

“The problem is that it’s not for public (discussion) because they are still young and they are really in a good way. That is why they are completely involved in the training sessions and everything we are doing.

“We are really happy about the situation. One of the reasons why it is so easy for them to use the situation of training with world-class players and improving every day is because they don’t have to think about anything else. We try to keep this situation as long as possible.”

Ben Woodburn is another highly-rated youngster whose development has benefited greatly from time spent with the first-team squad at Melwood.

Klopp believes Liverpool are reaping the rewards of changing their approach to the use of loans. Fewer young players have gone out to other clubs on temporary deals this season because the manager wanted them to stay put to continue learning their trade.

“It’s good. We spoke a few months ago about how we should change a little bit the second team,” he said.

“A lot of players needed to stay here and play together in a really good team - get results, score goals and win games, plus the opportunity to train with us in different moments.

“The other way was to send them on loan at 17 or 18 years. We did this with a few players. That was a decision because of the squad.

“For example Ryan Kent (who is on loan at Barnsley) was really close to the first team, too good for the under-23s. We could give him a loan and he looks like a person that could do this. That was an individual decision for him and a few others too.

“To keep a lot of these players here and let them play together was a real decision we made. They are doing really well.”

Liverpool U23s are flying high in Premier League Two and Klopp was delighted with their 2-0 win over leaders Everton in Sunday’s mini derby.

“It’s good to see how they improve,” he said.

“Even the players who don’t play too often because the squad is too strong but then come in as they did on Sunday against Everton. The whole squad has confidence in the moment.

The dream is to have a few of them in the red shirt of Liverpool
“It’s good for their development and good for us that we can make the joys and decisions about their futures at LFC.

“If we have to make a decision that a player is not good enough for the Liverpool first-team then they need to be good enough for another Premier League club or minimum a Championship club. That is what we have to create, we have to give them the opportunity and that is what we are doing.

“They can still stay a little longer in their situation and be patient, they can use the time in the corner with not the biggest public watching, not lots of people asking about you and watching each step of you. Hopefully we can bring through a few of them in the red shirt of Liverpool at Anfield in the first-team. That is the dream of all of us.”

Klopp believes a lack of patience in the modern game means clubs can be too quick to write off the chances of emerging youngsters.

But the German coach will always look within the Liverpool Academy ranks for someone capable of stepping up to Melwood before he considers entering the transfer market.

“Of course it’s cool if we have 10 players from the Academy and we make no signing in the transfer window,” Klopp added.

“I would love to be part of the press conference when I say this! ‘No signings this year’. Then it would be: ‘But we need this, this, this and this’. I’d say: ‘But we have already’ and nobody would believe me.

“Once a year I have to listen to all the questions: ‘Is he really in a position to play in the first team?’ It makes it easier but it’s only a thing we have to do. It’s kind of an agreement.

“These boys start training pretty early in their lives at Kirkby. We have to deliver the best education on the pitch and next to the pitch that we can. They have to deliver the perfect attitude. They are already skilled.

“All they do – except when they are in school – is invest in football. At the end it’s our responsibility that they come through a lot more than in the last few years.

“Why was it easier 20 years ago? I don’t know if it was easier. Meanwhile it’s really difficult because nobody is really patient any more. In England you don’t have youth tournaments for under-23s. Maybe the under-18s, people are interested in a tournament.

“There is no real challenge or tournament or competition. It is kind of a friendly game but the best players you cannot really judge them. Then it starts immediately when they are 18. There is a final judgement: ‘Not good enough’.

“We hope we can give them a little bit longer, give them a little more time and leave them in the club under our wings if you want and bring them in the right moment. That is the plan.”
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 08:07:27 am by hassinator »

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90301 on: October 25, 2016, 08:46:27 am »
more deep vibes on our youth program from the boss.   it's evident to me that we are in excellent hands.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-id-love-bring-10-12072783

Jurgen Klopp is excited about the calibre of young talent emerging from the Liverpool Academy.

Trent Alexander-Arnold could become the latest teenager to make his senior Reds debut in Tuesday night’s EFL Cup tie with Tottenham at Anfield. The talented full-back from West Derby turned 18 earlier this month and has been on the club’s books since the age of six.

Midfielder Ovie Ejaria, who was handed his first-team bow in the win at Derby in the previous round, is also in contention as Klopp prepares to field a much changed side.

“I think there’s a lot to say about a few of our young players,” Klopp said.

“The problem is that it’s not for public (discussion) because they are still young and they are really in a good way. That is why they are completely involved in the training sessions and everything we are doing.

“We are really happy about the situation. One of the reasons why it is so easy for them to use the situation of training with world-class players and improving every day is because they don’t have to think about anything else. We try to keep this situation as long as possible.”

Ben Woodburn is another highly-rated youngster whose development has benefited greatly from time spent with the first-team squad at Melwood.

Klopp believes Liverpool are reaping the rewards of changing their approach to the use of loans. Fewer young players have gone out to other clubs on temporary deals this season because the manager wanted them to stay put to continue learning their trade.

“It’s good. We spoke a few months ago about how we should change a little bit the second team,” he said.

“A lot of players needed to stay here and play together in a really good team - get results, score goals and win games, plus the opportunity to train with us in different moments.

“The other way was to send them on loan at 17 or 18 years. We did this with a few players. That was a decision because of the squad.

“For example Ryan Kent (who is on loan at Barnsley) was really close to the first team, too good for the under-23s. We could give him a loan and he looks like a person that could do this. That was an individual decision for him and a few others too.

“To keep a lot of these players here and let them play together was a real decision we made. They are doing really well.”

Liverpool U23s are flying high in Premier League Two and Klopp was delighted with their 2-0 win over leaders Everton in Sunday’s mini derby.

“It’s good to see how they improve,” he said.

“Even the players who don’t play too often because the squad is too strong but then come in as they did on Sunday against Everton. The whole squad has confidence in the moment.

The dream is to have a few of them in the red shirt of Liverpool
“It’s good for their development and good for us that we can make the joys and decisions about their futures at LFC.

“If we have to make a decision that a player is not good enough for the Liverpool first-team then they need to be good enough for another Premier League club or minimum a Championship club. That is what we have to create, we have to give them the opportunity and that is what we are doing.

“They can still stay a little longer in their situation and be patient, they can use the time in the corner with not the biggest public watching, not lots of people asking about you and watching each step of you. Hopefully we can bring through a few of them in the red shirt of Liverpool at Anfield in the first-team. That is the dream of all of us.”

Klopp believes a lack of patience in the modern game means clubs can be too quick to write off the chances of emerging youngsters.

But the German coach will always look within the Liverpool Academy ranks for someone capable of stepping up to Melwood before he considers entering the transfer market.

“Of course it’s cool if we have 10 players from the Academy and we make no signing in the transfer window,” Klopp added.

“I would love to be part of the press conference when I say this! ‘No signings this year’. Then it would be: ‘But we need this, this, this and this’. I’d say: ‘But we have already’ and nobody would believe me.

“Once a year I have to listen to all the questions: ‘Is he really in a position to play in the first team?’ It makes it easier but it’s only a thing we have to do. It’s kind of an agreement.

“These boys start training pretty early in their lives at Kirkby. We have to deliver the best education on the pitch and next to the pitch that we can. They have to deliver the perfect attitude. They are already skilled.

“All they do – except when they are in school – is invest in football. At the end it’s our responsibility that they come through a lot more than in the last few years.

“Why was it easier 20 years ago? I don’t know if it was easier. Meanwhile it’s really difficult because nobody is really patient any more. In England you don’t have youth tournaments for under-23s. Maybe the under-18s, people are interested in a tournament.

“There is no real challenge or tournament or competition. It is kind of a friendly game but the best players you cannot really judge them. Then it starts immediately when they are 18. There is a final judgement: ‘Not good enough’.

“We hope we can give them a little bit longer, give them a little more time and leave them in the club under our wings if you want and bring them in the right moment. That is the plan.”
Great read! As you said - we are in excellent hands :)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90302 on: October 25, 2016, 09:43:41 am »
Good article, and interesting what Klopp says about Kent being too good for the U23's. I like how in the Grauniad version it has him on loan at Burnley rather than Barnsley.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #90303 on: October 25, 2016, 10:35:34 am »
How is ryan kent doing at barnsley ?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #90304 on: October 25, 2016, 10:37:27 am »
Anyone know how juanma has done so far? Has he been getting game time?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90305 on: October 25, 2016, 02:52:04 pm »
Random question, but what height is Trent Alexander-Arnold? A few sites suggest he's only 5'7 but he looks taller than that.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #90306 on: October 25, 2016, 03:00:59 pm »
Random question, but what height is Trent Alexander-Arnold? A few sites suggest he's only 5'7 but he looks taller than that.

must be taller than that.

Going on this photo, and being that Kloppo is 6'4", no way is Trent only 5'7". Looks like he's closer to 6ft.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90307 on: October 25, 2016, 03:02:52 pm »
Dont trust the listed heights for youth players, for obvious reasons!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90308 on: October 25, 2016, 03:12:32 pm »
Dont trust the listed heights for youth players, for obvious reasons!

Yep, didn't seem right to me based on what I'd seen of him! Klopp favoured tall fullbacks at Dortmund, so if TAA is nearer 6ft that'll endear him to Klopp even more.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #90309 on: October 25, 2016, 06:22:18 pm »

Its in the report about 10 lines above your post ;)
HAha, I did skip through it to be honest.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90310 on: October 25, 2016, 07:11:05 pm »
Yep, didn't seem right to me based on what I'd seen of him! Klopp favoured tall fullbacks at Dortmund, so if TAA is nearer 6ft that'll endear him to Klopp even more.
That would give us a potential extra man defending set pieces...

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #90311 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:23 pm »
I actually feel sorry for Alexander as he`s got the best RB in the world ahead of him. At least he`ll have a lot to learn from him.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #90312 on: October 25, 2016, 11:08:39 pm »
I actually feel sorry for Alexander as he`s got the best RB in the world ahead of him. At least he`ll have a lot to learn from him.

I don't as I feel time will prove TAA is far to good to play Right Back, I see him being a box to box midfielder type, right back is just a easier route to first team football

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90313 on: October 25, 2016, 11:25:56 pm »
I actually feel sorry for Alexander as he`s got the best RB in the world ahead of him.
:rollseyes

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90314 on: October 26, 2016, 01:45:23 am »
Seriously impressed by Trent Alexander Arnold and Ovie Ejaria tonight. Just a joy to watch the pair of them flourish on the big stage. TAA looks like he could be Joel Matip's younger brother!

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #90315 on: October 26, 2016, 02:39:11 am »
I think you've adjusted the Potential and Current Ability rating a little too high.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90316 on: October 26, 2016, 03:50:27 am »
Seriously impressed by Trent Alexander Arnold and Ovie Ejaria tonight. Just a joy to watch the pair of them flourish on the big stage. TAA looks like he could be Joel Matip's younger brother!

Love the fact that we have a manager who is willing to use our young players and actually would prefer to use our youth players instead of bringing in others from outside the club. 

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90317 on: October 26, 2016, 08:19:04 am »
Trent was such a beast last night, Nkoudou was a good player in Ligue 1 but Trent made him look like he's from League One.

What impressed me was how intelligent some of his passing was, there was a situation where he was out wide with a player closing him down, many other right backs might have panicked, but he just opened his body, rolled his man and found Wijnaldum with a sharp ball inside.

You can just tell he has bags of pace and ability, looking forward to seeing much more of him in the first team.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90318 on: October 26, 2016, 08:47:15 am »
Great performances both, Trent's "Jon Flanagan" tackle aside.

Ejaria really grew into the game, I think the whole midfield was a bit confused with the diamond in the first half. Great how he always draws players into him to roll them or buy the foul. Great how they both played with such confidence. Was never a case of just doing the thing that's least likely to be a fuck up. Ballsy.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90319 on: October 26, 2016, 07:02:15 pm »
Great performances both, Trent's "Jon Flanagan" tackle aside.

Ejaria really grew into the game, I think the whole midfield was a bit confused with the diamond in the first half. Great how he always draws players into him to roll them or buy the foul. Great how they both played with such confidence. Was never a case of just doing the thing that's least likely to be a fuck up. Ballsy.

This, except I think sometimes Ejaria just wants to hang on to it, to try and turn out of a press, and unnecessarily risks losing the ball - which he did a few times. 

Have just watched the highlights of the U18s 5-1 win v Derby at the weekend.  Cant work out whether the Adekayne goal was outrageous or lucky.