Author Topic: Guide to watching Liverpool around the world  (Read 465237 times)

Offline furns

• Main Stander
  • It all started with Craig Johnston
    • Liverpool Supporters Club NSW
Re: Guide to watching Liverpool around the world
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2015, 08:49:14 am »
GDay all,
Just a few amendments please to the NSW details:

New South Wales & Canberra

LFCNSW.com - Official Liverpool FC Supporters Club of NSW

Twitter:   
@LFCNSW (Main Branch account)
@LFCNorthernNSW (Newcastle)
@CBRReds (Canberra/ACT)
@WollongongReds (Wollongong/Illawarra)

Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/lfcnsw (Main Branch page)
www.facebook.com/groups/lfcnswnorth (Northern NSW Reds)
www.facebook.com/groups/lfcnswsouth (Southern NSW Reds)

Email: club@lfcnsw.com

Quote from: furns on August 16, 2014, 01:33:54 PM
LFC NSW has official sub-branches organised with their affiliated venues

Sydney:
LFC NSW has their official home at Cheers Bar in Sydney. LFC NSW paid members are entitled to a 10% discount on food & drink. See lfcnsw.com for details.
LFC NSW has a secondary location when Cheers is at capacity - 3 Wise Monkeys, 555 George Street (Cnr George & Liverpool Streets), Sydney, 2000

Newcastle:
Sydney Junction Hotel, 8 Beaumont St, Hamilton, NSW, 2303. SJ's is the primary venue for games, except for Sunday nights with kickoffs after 11pm. LFC NSW paid members receive a 5% discount on food & drink.
Wests Leagues Club, 88 Hobart Road, New Lambton, NSW, 2305. Wests is now used for any games on Sunday nights/Monday mornings with kickoffs after 11pm or for when SJ's is at capacity.

Wollongong:
Steelers Club , 1/5 Burelli St, Wollongong NSW. LFC NSW paid members receive a complimentary Steelers Club membership.

Canberra:
Civic Pub, 8 Lonsdale St, Braddon, ACT. LFC NSW paid members receive a 10% discount on food & drink.

[more details below]

City:        Newcastle
Name:     Sydney Junction Hotel
Official LFC NSW venue.
Address: 88 Beaumont St, Hamilton, NSW, 2303
SJ's is now the new official venue for Reds in Newcastle. They have just installed a big screen in their bistro, and their food & drink are very reasonably priced. LFC NSW paid members are entitled to a 5% discount on food & drink. See lfcnsw.com for details.
SJ's unfortunately doesnt trade after midnight on sunday nights/monday mornings, so matches during those times will still be televised at Wests. Check FB group for details.

City:        Newcastle
Name:     Wests Leagues Club
Official LFC NSW venue.
Address: 88 Hobart Road, New Lambton, NSW, 2305
Wests is open until 4am every day, however be aware only Wests members can enter the club after midnight. Matches will be televised in the Chocolate Bar depending on capacity.
Any Liverpool supporters in NSW, Australia please contact us club@lfcnsw.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/lfcnsw
Twitter: @LFCNSW

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2015, 04:00:11 pm »
New place opening in New York soon...

https://twitter.com/CarrasNYC

Only been "officially" announced today with not much detail, but if I'm putting 2+2 together, it's going to be in the Times Sq area. It's run by the same guys who run The Boot Room in the Financial District. They're doing a superb job of spreading the Liverpool gospel in NYC. They're the guys who had the Anfield Wrap over, and they've had John Barnes and Jan Molby over in the last few months. To top it all off, Carra's going over there to do a Q&A later this month.
Any word on when this opens anyone? I am in New York next month for a few games, but probably a bit too early?

Yeah looks like you're just too early:

From https://twitter.com/CarrasNYC ... "details to be announced Thursday April 30th."

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2015, 08:31:49 am »
Hi, I think you should update the Houston, Texas entry. Ron's Pub is definitely the place to watch any of our games when you're there. It's now recognised by the club as the official LFC Supporters Club in Houston as well. I watched the West Ham and City games in there and both times have been boss. A great mix of Scousers and locals.

They even had Bruce Grobbelaar in a few weeks ago giving a talk.

Ron's Pub
1826 Fountain View Drive
Houston
TX 77057

Tel: +1 713-977-4820

Opening hours: They open early for every LFC game. Even at 6am this Sunday for Norwich I believe.

Bit of an update for Houston. The supporter's club in Houston has decided to move venue due to how much it's grown in the past couple of years. Ron's Pub will still be showing all of our games but the new place is going to be main venue.

The Gorgeous Gael
Rice Village
5555 Morningside Drive
Houston
TX 77005

Tel: +1 832-667-8321

Opening hours: They will definitely be open for every Liverpool game.

If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline Octoberred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2015, 05:51:22 am »
Just moved to Madrid today so don't know anyone here yet, but I'd like to  watch the Arsenal game tonight. I've checked the Madrid Reds page and the last update is about the Bournemouth game - any chance anyone here knows more or is in Madrid and wants to see the game tonight?  :wave

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2015, 08:52:45 am »
Just moved to Madrid today so don't know anyone here yet, but I'd like to  watch the Arsenal game tonight. I've checked the Madrid Reds page and the last update is about the Bournemouth game - any chance anyone here knows more or is in Madrid and wants to see the game tonight?  :wave

There are a few Irish bars in Madrid.  Think there's one near Plaza Mayor - one of the little streets off it, which should have it on.  See link.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=irish+bar+plaza+mayor+madrid%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=w8zaVeeaBMfcaLrbk6AJ#q=irish+bar+plaza+mayor+madrid?&rflfq=1&tbm=lcl&rlfi=hd:;si:6231310127623998727

Offline Octoberred

• Main Stander
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2015, 02:44:26 pm »
Cheers, all sorted now. :D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #86 on: September 8, 2015, 05:42:11 pm »
I'm gonna be in Rome for the United game.

Does anyone know of any LFC friendly boozers there?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 9, 2015, 08:31:28 pm »

Yeah the Italy section is depressingly bare. It includes the forlorn post from December 2006, "There isn't a pub in Italy that broadcast foreign football...what a shame :-["

I've updated the Finnegan's info though, in case that's as good as a RAWK user found it in 2007 or 2008.

But you might want to try Highlander Pub Rome "... where you'll never drink alone ..."

They posted this on their Facebook page three hours ago:

Here's the Rome stuff:

Rome
Finnegans
www.finneganpub.com
www.facebook.com/groups/107672598933
www.facebook.com/pages/Finnegans/152291628149072
Via Leonina, 66, Rome 00186 (just by Via Cavour at the point opposite the steps leading up to Piazza San Pietro in Vincoli, 100m from metro Cavour)
jpg map
www.finneganpub.com/FindUs.htm
+39 06 4747026

There are around 100 so called Irish bars in Rome and Florence, but Irish in name only. Finnegan's is THE ONLY Irish owned, of all the Irish Pubs in Rome and Florence. It's a place where many of the Irish and British expats meet. So come on down, join in the craic, have a Guinness and game of pool.
We show all English and Scottish Premiership football, Ireland and England Internationals, etc including all pay per view games - on Sky Sports Digital TV across 3 screens and 3 channels. We also have BBC1 and show 6 Nations Rugby, Formula 1, American Football and all other sporting events being aired. If it's on, and you want to see it, you can see it here.
[2007/8]: GREAT ATMPOSHERe and PINT

Rome
maybe try Highlander Pub Rome
"... where you'll never drink alone ..."
www.highlanderome.com
www.facebook.com/TheHighlanderPubRome
@HighlanderRome
Vicolo di San Biagio 9 (cornering Via della Lupa)
www.highlanderome.com/en/page/69/Location
jpg map
+39 06 68805368 or +39 06 45447204
info@highlanderome.com
Cosy little Scottish pub
www.highlanderome.com/en/page/67/Live_Sports
[Sept 2015]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:43:57 am by Callaghan. »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2015, 04:39:33 pm »
Great stuff cheers mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2015, 05:44:55 pm »
I have recently moved to Dublin and was wondering if someone had a special pub they would recommend to watch the game on saturday?

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2015, 03:11:53 pm »
Shit, I just realized, I mixed up Longfords Irish Pub in Budapest with Becketts Irish Pub. Becketts is closed, Longford isnt. Sorry about that!
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2015, 04:21:19 pm »
Shit, I just realized, I mixed up Longfords Irish Pub in Budapest with Becketts Irish Pub. Becketts is closed, Longford isnt. Sorry about that!
Ha. OK, bye bye Becketts, LO Longford. I'll do it when I'm home. Still got the old info, I'm sure.

Thank you, crackerbox.

Offline polishmike

• Main Stander
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2015, 11:40:43 am »
Any place in Warsaw for Villa game? I've asked everywhere and no luck.

Online ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2015, 09:26:42 pm »
Anyone know somewhere near the Generali Arena in Prague where I might catch the game on Thursday?
Got tickets for the Sparta match, so I'm looking for somewhere I can reach within minutes of the final whistle :)

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2015, 10:34:48 am »
Anyone know somewhere near the Generali Arena in Prague where I might catch the game on Thursday?
Got tickets for the Sparta match, so I'm looking for somewhere I can reach within minutes of the final whistle :)

I can't help but you could try emailing Velky Al. As you've probably seen, he said (admittedly 8 years ago): "... if anyone is coming over to Prague and wants to catch the game, drop me a line at velkyal@gmail.com ..." Velky Al hasn't been on RAWK for a couple of years but it can't hurt to email him.

JJ Murphy's isn't a million miles away and it's on the right side of the river ...
Prague
JJ Murphy's
www.jjmurphys.cz
In Malastrana, on the Castle Side of the Charles Bridge.
[31 Mar 2009]: Couple of other really nice pubs nearby, U Mahelo Glena, which is a music bar with Gig's downstairs, and the one next door whose name escapes me but which does fantastic pizzas. Bit quieter over there than round the old town, but some people kinda like that :)

Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:42:56 am by Callaghan. »

Online ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2015, 09:27:32 pm »
Thanks, mate! I'll make a note of that one. At least I'll have one place I can try, even if it means missing out on the first few mins of the match :)

I did consider looking up Velky Al, but noticed the guy hasn't been active on here for over two years... so I think I'll leave that one alone :)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #96 on: October 1, 2015, 12:29:55 pm »
Any Chile reds know a place in Santiago to watch the derby?
Cheers

#lfcfamily #ynwa #soccer

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2015, 12:29:49 pm »
thanks for this great guide RAWK.

can you update the OLSC France details for the Lush Bra in Paris please :

http://www.liverpool-france.com/forum/topic/3362-lush-bar-%C3%A0-paris-watch-the-reds-in-paris/

For all Liverpool fans in France or Paris this is the place to be if you want to see the Mighty Reds playing on the tele, it's the Spion Kop of Paris !

We get lots of supporters on holiday in Paris or at Disneyland Paris and they can just pop in and enjoy the games with other like minded fans from all over the world.

There is a great mix of young and old and everyone is welcome !

Ask the bar staff to speak to Ant or Isaac if there about and they will help you find out more about the French Branch and how we can help our members and LFC.

Have fun in gay Paris !

YNWA

Ant

Lush Bar
16 rue des Dames, 75017 Paris, France.

Telephone : 01 43 87 49 46

Métros : Place de Clichy line 2 & 13 or La Fourche line 13

FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/lush.bar.5

TWITTER : @LUSHBARPARIS

FREE Wi-Fi connection available !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2015, 01:56:54 pm »
thanks for this great guide RAWK.

can you update the OLSC France details for the Lush Bra in Paris please :

http://www.liverpool-france.com/forum/topic/3362-lush-bar-%C3%A0-paris-watch-the-reds-in-paris/

For all Liverpool fans in France or Paris this is the place to be if you want to see the Mighty Reds playing on the tele, it's the Spion Kop of Paris !

We get lots of supporters on holiday in Paris or at Disneyland Paris and they can just pop in and enjoy the games with other like minded fans from all over the world.

There is a great mix of young and old and everyone is welcome !

Ask the bar staff to speak to Ant or Isaac if there about and they will help you find out more about the French Branch and how we can help our members and LFC.

Have fun in gay Paris !

YNWA

Ant

Lush Bar
16 rue des Dames, 75017 Paris, France.

Telephone : 01 43 87 49 46

Métros : Place de Clichy line 2 & 13 or La Fourche line 13

FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/lush.bar.5

TWITTER : @LUSHBARPARIS

FREE Wi-Fi connection available !

Sure. Thanks for posting here. Although, the information was already there, wasn't it? ...

Paris
Official LFC Supporters Club France
www.liverpoolfrance.com
Lush Bar
16 rue des Dames, 75017 Paris (Metro: Place de Clichy on line 2 and 13)
www.facebook.com/lush.bar.5
@LUSHBARPARIS
LiverpoolFrance.com - Ou voir les Reds ? (Where to watch the Reds?)
01 43 87 49 46
[3 May 2006]: This pub is where the official French branch meet as the place is run by the association Chairman. All LFC games are shown on a big screen, it's a nice place full of reds and the singing can go quite well (for the last derby, the singing was going along with what we heard from Anfield. "We've only got ten men" springs immediately to mind). Pool on the basement. You can find a few others on the website above.
[5 Nov 2008]: I can just say it was great, the right amount of huyton intellectuals wirral exisantialsts (sp Philip). Very very good night (and free food :D)
camelialfc [6 Dec 2008]: Glad you like our bar in Paris, :-) there's not always free food, the paella was only for the Atletico game!

Anyway, now it looks like this ...

Paris
Official LFC Supporters Club France
www.liverpoolfrance.com
Lush Bar
16 Rue des Dames, 75017 Paris (near to Place de Clichy in the North of Paris)
Metro : Place de Clichy on Line 2 & 13 or La Fourche on Line 13
Bus : Place de Clichy - Lines 30, 54, 68, 74, 80, 81 & 95
Vélib' : Rue des Batignolles & Place de Clichy
www.facebook.com/lush.bar.5
@LUSHBARPARIS
www.liverpool-france.com/forum/topic/3362-lush-bar-%C3%A0-paris-watch-the-reds-in-paris
LiverpoolFrance.com - Ou voir les Reds ? (Where to watch the Reds?)
01 43 87 49 46
[3 May 2006]: This pub is where the official French branch meet as the place is run by the association Chairman. All LFC games are shown on a big screen, it's a nice place full of reds and the singing can go quite well (for the last derby, the singing was going along with what we heard from Anfield. "We've only got ten men" springs immediately to mind). Pool on the basement. You can find a few others on the website above.
[5 Nov 2008]: I can just say it was great, the right amount of huyton intellectuals wirral exisantialsts (sp Philip). Very very good night (and free food :D)
camelialfc [6 Dec 2008]: Glad you like our bar in Paris, :-) there's not always free food, the paella was only for the Atletico game!
ant [19 Oct 2015]: For all Liverpool fans in France or Paris this is the place to be if you want to see the Mighty Reds playing on the tele, it's the Spion Kop of Paris ! We get lots of supporters on holiday in Paris or at Disneyland Paris and they can just pop in and enjoy the games with other like minded fans from all over the world. There is a great mix of young and old and everyone is welcome ! Ask the bar staff to speak to Ant or Isaac if there about and they will help you find out more about the French Branch and how we can help our members and LFC. FREE Wi-Fi connection available ! Have fun in gay Paris ! YNWA. Ant.

Offline thedunnyman

• Anny Roader
  • Streamin LFC @ owl-times from the land down-under
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2015, 01:14:22 am »
Hi all, currently in Bali and looking for some sports bars that will show the Southamptom game.

I'm currently in Seminyak but will be in Ubud for the Chelsea match next week.  The original post only lists BIGREDs venue but that is quite far away in Bali.

I have looked up a few...I think Adrenalin Sports Bar is my best bet in Seminyak but they don't list the Liverpool game (not sure if it's because they are closed by then) - but nevertheless I will update you guys on how it is.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know :)

Cheers,
Duncan

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2015, 05:22:45 am »
^ alright mate, I drove past a bar yesterday at the crossroads down to Echo Beach/ Canggu with YNWA all over it so that might be a decent one. Terrymakasi  :wave

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2015, 12:47:00 pm »
Hi all, currently in Bali and looking for some sports bars that will show the Southamptom game.

I'm currently in Seminyak but will be in Ubud for the Chelsea match next week.  The original post only lists BIGREDs venue but that is quite far away in Bali.

I have looked up a few...I think Adrenalin Sports Bar is my best bet in Seminyak but they don't list the Liverpool game (not sure if it's because they are closed by then) - but nevertheless I will update you guys on how it is.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know :)

Cheers,
Duncan

^ alright mate, I drove past a bar yesterday at the crossroads down to Echo Beach/ Canggu with YNWA all over it so that might be a decent one. Terrymakasi  :wave

Well that was pretty good wasn't it.  8) :thumbup

Duncan, I'm sure that's all you need to know but maybe you could try calling one of the numbers at the bottom of this ...

Offline red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2015, 04:37:54 pm »
Here's an update for Buenos Aires as very few bars seem to open for weekend Premier League games.

One that does open from 12 noon each weekend (apparently sometimes earlier if there is a big game on) is the The Gibraltar Bar in central Buenos Aires.

It's only a small bar with two screens but they seem to show 2x 3pm Saturday games plus the later kick-offs and Spanish/German/Italian games.   Occasionally the website seems to detail which games they are showing that week but seems a bit out of date at the moment.   Food also available.

Address: Perú 895, San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina  (near corner of Peru and Estados Unidos)
Phone:+54 11 4362-5310
Hours:  12:00 p.m. – 4:00 a.m
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:38:37 pm by red number 9 »

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2015, 10:46:08 am »
Here's an update for Buenos Aires as very few bars seem to open for weekend Premier League games.

One that does open from 12 noon each weekend (apparently sometimes earlier if there is a big game on) is the The Gibraltar Bar in central Buenos Aires.

It's only a small bar with two screens but they seem to show 2x 3pm Saturday games plus the later kick-offs and Spanish/German/Italian games.   Occasionally the website seems to detail which games they are showing that week but seems a bit out of date at the moment.   Food also available.

Address: Perú 895, San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina  (near corner of Peru and Estados Unidos)
Phone:+54 11 4362-5310
Hours:  12:00 p.m. – 4:00 a.m

This is a great update. The South American section is very thin, as you know.

Armin was really pleased when the first submission was made in early 2008 (it was for Buenos Aires). He said so, but I can't find his post. This is what that section looked like on 12th December 2007!:

So, nearly 8 years later, we're back in business. Thanks very much. I wonder when anyone in Buenos Aires next reads this thread looking for a pub to watch the game?! You never know.

Buenos Aires
The Gibraltar
www.thegibraltarbar.com
Perú 895, San Telmo, Buenos Aires (near corner of Peru and Estados Unidos)
Google map
+54 11 4362-5310
Kitchen open until 2am. Bar closes at 4am. Happy hour from 12 noon to 10pm. Yep, 10 bloody hours of affordable boozing and munching!
[23 Nov 2015]: Here's an update for Buenos Aires as very few bars seem to open for weekend Premier League games. One that does open from 12 noon each weekend (apparently sometimes earlier if there is a big game on) is the The Gibraltar Bar in central Buenos Aires. It's only a small bar with two screens but they seem to show 2x 3pm Saturday games plus the later kick-offs and Spanish/German/Italian games. Occasionally the website seems to detail which games they are showing that week but seems a bit out of date at the moment. Food also available.

Keep them coming everyone. :thumbup
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:57:00 am by Callaghan. »

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2015, 10:49:38 am »
Bit random, but... any suggestions on Zanzibar? ;D

No!

But you made me find these pics. Have a look if you get a moment: https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeabroad/sets/72157600025510144 Thank you, Rhi :)

This place is called Liverpool Restaurant in Mambo (in Tanga in Tanzania) but it's no good to you. You might have a fun (and, who knows, productive) conversation by phoning them up, though?!

This, though - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293752-i9486-k5101393-Watching_the_Superbowl_in_Zanzibar-Zanzibar_Archipelago.html - led me to this place:

Re: Watching the Superbowl in Zanzibar?
25 January 2012, 19:36

The only place to trace is at Mtoni Marine Sport Bar.

But I think they will focus on Barclays Premier League at that time.Just confirm with them while in Stonetown.
Mtoni Marine Sport Bar
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g488129-d601114-Reviews-Mtoni_Marine-Stone_Town_Zanzibar_City_Zanzibar_Island_Zanzibar_Archipelago.html
Mtoni Street 992, Stone Town, Zanzibar City, Tanzania

and aparently next door, with two big screens, is:

Mcheza Bar
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/tanzania/zanzibar-archipelago/zanzibar-unguja/entertainment-nightlife/other/mcheza-bar
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/tanzania/zanzibar-archipelago/zanzibar-unguja/restaurants/pub-food/mcheza-bar
Zanzibar Town (Stone Town & Ng’ambo)
Mtoni Marine's beachside sports bar draws mainly an expat crowd. Six satellite TVs, two of them big screens, broadcast an endless diet of football accompanied by cold beers, burgers and South African steaks.

Good luck. :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:51:46 am by Callaghan. »

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2015, 07:45:51 pm »

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2015, 08:01:55 pm »
Went to Carragher's bar near Time Square (New York City) for the Man City game. What a great venue. I'm not really a pub kinda guy, but it struck the right balance between looking like a classic pub, but also being stylish enough to be a bar. Literally 20 seconds away from Time Square, must have cost a bomb!

Best pizza nearby in my opinion (I'm a veggie though) was 'Kiss My Pizza Slice'.

I wasn't in the best moods overall (I was leaving to come back to London that day) so I didn't really speak to anyone, but the charity raffle for a 2005 signed CL kit was very cool. Decent atmosphere too and seemed relatively OK priced. Plenty of screens and there was even an upper bit which I never actually went to look at. Tables seemed to be all gone by the time I reached for KO (although it was just me on my lonesome), but worth keeping in mind if you're planning to visit and eat with friends to get there early.

Edit: I actually assumed it's owned by Carra. Is that incorrect?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:10:38 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2015, 09:16:20 am »
Has anyone been to Bologna? Here for a couple of days and need to find somewhere to watch the game this evening and midweek.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2015, 09:19:54 am »
Has anyone been to Bologna? Here for a couple of days and need to find somewhere to watch the game this evening and midweek.

Went a few years back , typical Italian City , loads of bars and the language of football translates very easily in Italy

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2015, 09:27:59 am »

Just out of interest Phil, where did you watch this? I lived in Rome over a decade ago and we always went to Finnegans. Bit cramped but always had the game. Remember watching us beat Wolves 1-0 in there, Hyypia header, 92ns minute or something silly. Place went mad.

The Abbey was the other pub with all the footy, just off Piazza Navona.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2015, 10:07:34 am »
Went a few years back , typical Italian City , loads of bars and the language of football translates very easily in Italy

So you reckon just walk in to a bar and hopefully they'll have it?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2015, 10:12:34 am »
So you reckon just walk in to a bar and hopefully they'll have it?
Celtic Druid pub shows loads of football. Well it used to. Just checked online and its still open.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2015, 04:28:47 pm »
Celtic Druid pub shows loads of football. Well it used to. Just checked online and its still open.

Thanks mate. Tried it but only showing Serie A. Fancy that! Tried 3 others and the only one showing Premier League was showing the Norwich - Arsenal game. The Irish times pub are letting me use their wifi to stream it when they open at 6!

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2015, 08:50:51 am »

I don't know if this helps (it's from here)?

16 April 2015

Sky usually offer in pay-per-view the Premier League matches. On its website there is a map of all pubs/coffe/restaurants/pizzerie who subscribe Sky: http://business.sky.it/sky-business/skybar/cerca_skybar.html

On the top right put the name of the city (Bologna) then move the circle to find the closer pub. Bologna is plenty of places who offer this service. Of course is even possible a pub doesn't offer exactly the match you want, for example if there is another one at the same time more interesting for Italians.

I typed in Bologna and got this lot (well, I've tidied it up for you). I didn't move the circle though ...

Osteria Vecchia Bologna
Via Aeroporto Via Del Triumvirato 84
40100 Bologna (BO)

Celtic Druid Irish Pub
Via Caduti Di Cefalonia 5 C
40125 Bologna (BO)

Fraben
Via Ugo Bassi 3/E
40121 Bologna (BO)
Tel. 051220951

Get Bet
Via Degli Orefici 15
40124 Bologna (BO)
Tel. 059928288

Caffe' Del Mercato
Via Pescherie Vecchie 2 A
40124 Bologna (BO)
Tel. 051234248

Roxy Bar
Via Francesco Rizzoli 9
40125 Bologna (BO)
Tel. 051235542

Ristorante Pizzeria Nino
Via Volturno 9/C
40121 Bologna (BO)
Tel. 051221596

Magnifico
Via Dell'Indipendenza 33
40121 Bologna (BO)
Tel. 0519921690

Global Vis
Via Degli Orefici 9/A
40124 Bologna (BO)

Sky Content Available:
Sky TG24
Sky Sport 24
Sky Uno Hd

Lococo Vincenzo
Via Clavature 13
40124 Bologna (BO)

Sky Content Available:
Sky TG24
Sky Sport 24
Sky Uno Hd

All the pubs apart from the last two (Global Vis and Lococo Vincenzo) list this underneath ...

Sky Content Available:
All Serie A
UEFA Europa League
Bundesliga
Barclays Premier League
Liga
MotoGP
Formula 1
NBA
Rugby World Cup 2015

but Osteria Vecchia Bologna, Celtic Druid Irish Pub and Get Bet also list Serie B.

Get Bet also lists Eurosport HD. Maybe that's your place? Sounds like a bookies though.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2015, 12:08:19 am »
Hi, sorry if this is obvious but I couldn't easily find it.  Can anyone tell me where the main bar is in Chicago?  I'm around for the week and keen to catch the West Brom game tomorrow :)

Edit: It looks like AJ Hudsons is the official bar? Is that still current and is it still the bigger turnout?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:13:17 am by Fluke »
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2015, 09:31:50 am »
Hi, sorry if this is obvious but I couldn't easily find it.  Can anyone tell me where the main bar is in Chicago?  I'm around for the week and keen to catch the West Brom game tomorrow :)

Edit: It looks like AJ Hudsons is the official bar? Is that still current and is it still the bigger turnout?

Hey, Fluke.

AJ Hudson's is definitely still the place where the Chicago Official Liverpool Supports Club meet.

But I don't live there, I just update the OPs in this thread. You could ask the folks in the FAO: US Reds..tv info thread. You're more likely to get answers about watching in the States in that thread.

Back to AJ Hudson's, here's a photo taken on the opening day of this season:

Here are four more from the Man City 4-1 game on 21st November:

Here are the Chicago OLSC Facebook and Twitter thingies:
https://twitter.com/ChicagoLFC
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoLFC

Here are the pages for AJ Husdon's:
ajhudsons.com
https://twitter.com/AJHudsons
https://www.facebook.com/AJHudsons

A. J. HUDSON'S PUBLIC HOUSE
3801 N Ashland Ave
(between Grace St & Byron St)
Chicago, IL
(773) 348-2767
info@ajhudsons.com

For good measure, have a Google map. It's at Grace and Ashland in the Lakeview neighborhood.

It looks like @ToonArmyChicago will be there too (Tottenham v Newcastle kicks off at the same time). So I think the advice is to get there early.

But this screenshot from http://ajhudsons.com/info.php?R=AJH&L=&P=Info&S=TOP:Soccer seems to make clear where their priorities lie (although maybe they're expecting a bunch of Marseille supporters too?):

Have a good one and let us know how you get on. Cheers.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2015, 09:42:28 am »

Boss, even the street signs back us........Well in, to all those little old wine drinkers.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2015, 07:03:37 am »

Have a good one and let us know how you get on. Cheers.

Hey mate, thanks for your info!  I went, it was a pretty good turnout.

Unfortunately I got told to shut up for singing by the owner. But he's a toffee, so I put it down to that. Strange that a toffee would host the reds supporters club, but there you go.

Enough people there appreciated it though, had a few beers bought for me. [emoji14]

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2015, 02:17:48 pm »
Hey mate, thanks for your info!  I went, it was a pretty good turnout.
No problem, mate. I went a bit overboard, sorry!

Unfortunately I got told to shut up for singing by the owner. But he's a toffee, so I put it down to that. Strange that a toffee would host the reds supporters club, but there you go.

Enough people there appreciated it though, had a few beers bought for me. [emoji14]
WTF? That's ridiculous. Was it a strong "STFU" or a more mild "can you keep it down a bit mate"? Very strange though. Chicago - the wimpy city!

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2015, 03:22:55 pm »
No problem, mate. I went a bit overboard, sorry!
WTF? That's ridiculous. Was it a strong "STFU" or a more mild "can you keep it down a bit mate"? Very strange though. Chicago - the wimpy city!
It was more the latter, nothing major haha