Author Topic: 'The worst Liverpool side I've seen in years' says former PL Manager  (Read 8162 times)

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 'The worst Liverpool side I've seen in years' says former PL Manager
« Reply #40 on: September 2, 2015, 08:31:47 am »
Our team lacks the world class talent that others have, Arsenal have ozil, Cech, Sanchez. Man city have a huge selection, as do Chelsea. United and is are lacking the cutting edge and difference makers.

What are team have though is a load of young talented players that have the potential to be up there.

Sadly we need trophies and success now otherwise that talent will just leave when they become better than Liverpool football club of today.

Last season liverpools team/performances where up there with the worst I would say. But it's way to early to judge the team yet this season, Rodgers needs to step it up I would say.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #41 on: September 2, 2015, 08:33:20 am »
We've practically spent nothing this window, teams below us have outspent us net spend. People say we've spent 300m but almost half of that is Suarez and Sterling money.

That's not the point.

Net spend or not, we've had £300m ish to spend on replacing this players and we could have spent in better.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 2, 2015, 08:34:35 am »
That's not the point.

Net spend or not, we've had £300m ish to spend on replacing this players and we could have spent in better.

We could have but we also have amassed in general a very good group of players.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 2, 2015, 08:37:27 am »
We've still signed 300m worth of players who should be doing better.

I agree but we've either loaned or not played half the fuckers mate

Its a disaster, we don't have owners to compete or a manager that utilises players properly

This young chance stuff is bollocks, absolute bollocks. We don't give them a chance, if we do we haul them off on loan somewhere after a year, Ilori, Markovic, Luis Alberto etc

We've been played like a fiddle, talked into something we aren't.

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 2, 2015, 08:38:11 am »
Harsh. We have an incredibly talented 11 even without Coutinho.

They're talented individuals without a doubt. What I doubt is the managers capability of getting the best out of them and thus, making them as a whole an average side.
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 2, 2015, 08:43:16 am »
We are a selling club it's no wonder we are where we are. Don't sell Suarez and Sterling and we compete for the title this season. As is we will be lucky to compete for forth. When's the last time Liverpool signed a player and people stood up and took notice? We are LFC ffs and yet we've settled for signing potential instead of real world right now quality. The depressing thing is I can't see it changing for many many years. Remember Arsenal from 10 years ago well that's us now except we don't have a Wenger as manager. Hand on heart anyone think Coutinho will be here in years time?
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Lazy Gun

• Anny Roader
  • My wife, Jurgena.
« Reply #46 on: September 2, 2015, 08:44:20 am »
"They're talented individuals without a doubt. What I doubt is the managers capability of getting the best out of them and thus, making them as a whole an average side."

Absolutely my feeling.  We have lots of talented players, many with great potential.  The manager is not getting anything like the best out of them and didn't last year either.  I am rapidly losing faith in his handling of players and set up of the team.  More worryingly a lot of the time the players not to know what they are supposed to be doing on the pitch.
Believer

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 2, 2015, 08:45:03 am »
Hard to disagree with Harry there. It's okay to have young Gomez as left back if you are just going to defend the whole game but it's clear as a day in northern hemisphere that we literally have no left side in our team when attacking. I'm sure Brendan will change the system again as it's his favorite activity but it will be interesting to see the solution as he doesn't trust our only left back Moreno.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 2, 2015, 08:45:22 am »
I agree but we've either loaned or not played half the fuckers mate

Its a disaster, we don't have owners to compete or a manager that utilises players properly

This young chance stuff is bollocks, absolute bollocks. We don't give them a chance, if we do we haul them off on loan somewhere after a year, Ilori, Markovic, Luis Alberto etc

We've been played like a fiddle, talked into something we aren't.

Said it for the last three years. These owners will not help us one bit. Its massive gambling on mediocre youngsters, we ain't even gambling with the top quality youngsters so our odds of succeeding are basically zero.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: September 2, 2015, 08:46:39 am »
Based on so many people's assessments of last year's squad, that's some statement

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 2, 2015, 08:46:48 am »

They're talented individuals without a doubt. What I doubt is the managers capability of getting the best out of them and thus, making them as a whole an average side.
or perhaps we vastly overrate many of them?

I mean our first 11 and squad is not even close to Chelsea's and man city's.  It's about on par with United give or take I would say, with arsenals a bit above because they have world class/close to world class players in Cech, ozil and Sanchez.

We should be winning stuff though and success breeds success. How many years since our last trophy now? 
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #51 on: September 2, 2015, 08:46:48 am »
I agree if he means mentally weakest side in years.  Once we concede a goal almost all our player ball shrinks and we just give up. No fighting spirit, Rafa's side may not have talents like this but they will keep on coming at you till the final whistle. To be fair it helps when we have a player like Gerrard leading the team.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #52 on: September 2, 2015, 08:53:08 am »
Sun loving, tax dodging cant. He bankrupted Portsmouth and is dodgy as fuck. Beaten by Roy fucking Hodgson to the England job.

If he can't remember Hodgson's "team" his opinion is not worth the crayon it's written in.

Feel free to discuss the club's issues elsewhere, just don't give any attention to that media whore rent a quote.