Author Topic: ID to wave flags on the kop?  (Read 102940 times)

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
Re: I.d to wave flags on the kop?
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2015, 10:49:10 pm »
Is it april the 1st today as that is the only explanation for this shite to even come out from anfield. :butt
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2015, 10:53:23 pm »
It beats me to be honest. If they had any sense at all they would be going in the opposite way. We are a long way off on the pitch so what really have they got left to market ? Through sites like this one, through podcasts, intelligent mainstream media and the like, more and more football supporters are getting clued in. "The Anfield Experience" "The Kop" "The 12th Man" "Terrace Humour and Atmosphere" by all accounts it's a joke now. The word is out. FSG had better take note cos it's gonna hit the selling price down the line.
However, if they had some courage, wit, innovation, foresight and commitment, they could re-vamp the energy, support the supporters and they would have "A Product and Package" unlike any other .... and it would help the team too... what a pity.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2015, 10:57:13 pm »
Posted this yesterday in the atmosphere thread, but thought I'd do it here too.

We have to get organised and fight this, like the protests over the last owners. Get all the flags flying and march en mass to the ground, with a few new ones with poignant messages on to make it clear how we feel, then get every man and his dog flying one in the Kop too, EVERY home game. This is eating into the fabric, the very essence, of what Liverpool Football Club is all about, of what it means to support Liverpool, to call yourself a Kopite. Dont let them take this from us, because once it's gone, we will never be able to get it back.

WE are Liverpool, the fans; not the players, not the manager, not the owners, US. We sing that song every fucking week. Someone more connected than myself MUST be able to get the wheels in motion, get something organised? As others have said, passivity is not the answer with this one, that's what they want. Rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2015, 11:00:46 pm »
This can´t be true?

If it is, thats my last time at Anfield, thats for sure.

Please Ian Ayre, read this.

Make the 100´s singing section and 1000 of them tickets pay on gate a couple of days before the fixture (half the price for u-21), move all hospitality, thomas cook etc shit to upper centenary and upper annie road, take away every Season ticket that is sold on the black market to footballtickets.com etc. Have serious conversations with the SpionKop lads, SOS etc about improving the atmosphere and bringing locals (espacilly young ones) to the ground once again. We could lower the prices, relocate people, get locals in, improving the atmosphere for just around £1-3m, aren´t the supporters worth that? Just don´t sign the new fucking aspas or borini and give something back to us, it will only generate more money in the future when we scare the fucking shite out of other teams like we did with Roma, Juventus, Barca, Chelsea, Madrid etc.
At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2015, 11:43:07 pm »
Didn't go on Saturday and saved £41.    Made up, the penny has finally dropped after following home and away for 45years, this is not the club I was brought up with, time for lots of us to let go and move on.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:44:44 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2015, 11:53:49 pm »
Stop going.

It breaks my heart but I'm GLAD I did.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 1, 2015, 12:33:35 am »
Didn't go on Saturday and saved £41.    Made up, the penny has finally dropped after following home and away for 45years, this is not the club I was brought up with, time for lots of us to let go and move on.
Mate the penny dropped for me years ago, don't regret hardly at all to be honest, it's just not the same anymore.

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #47 on: September 1, 2015, 02:25:38 am »
So if you haven't got ID and aren't part of the 1906 lads then your not allowed to take your flag in. Wow if they try to bring this in they must be mad. The last few seasons the flags on the kop have returned and looks great before kick off.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #48 on: September 1, 2015, 02:28:15 am »
Right then.

I'm off to several midweek games this season. League cup, Europa League and whatever else I can get my hands on because I work weekends. I know Roper did a thread back in the day about doing banners.

But I wanna make a flag that I can take with me and wave at games (as long as Spion Kop 1906 are flying as well and if anything else in solidarity with them). I obviously would leave it in my bag if they decided for a particular game not to fly. But I want to help the Kop look boss but also be a key part of it if it means withholding flags.

Can anyone help me with the best way to make one and what I need to use to wave it that will be allowed through the stewards. If the issue is with people bringing in flags, let's all bring one in when we can.

Edit: Obviously I'm not 'allowed' to do this without an ID apparently. But I've always wanted to take one even if it's one of them red and white ones that isn't very big. Nothing is better than contributing to the big community that is the Kop.

We are the Kop.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2015, 02:52:12 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #49 on: September 1, 2015, 02:35:41 am »
Posted this yesterday in the atmosphere thread, but thought I'd do it here too.

We have to get organised and fight this, like the protests over the last owners. Get all the flags flying and march en mass to the ground, with a few new ones with poignant messages on to make it clear how we feel, then get every man and his dog flying one in the Kop too, EVERY home game. This is eating into the fabric, the very essence, of what Liverpool Football Club is all about, of what it means to support Liverpool, to call yourself a Kopite. Dont let them take this from us, because once it's gone, we will never be able to get it back.

I can only go midweek games or midweek away ones. I'll make a flag for myself, and I'll make them for my mates and force them to wave them. I'm not sure of the part of getting it on the stick and what sort of stick is appropriate or how it works. Help educate me and I'll get four more on the Kop whenever I go.

Join SOS, back Spion Kop 1906.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2015, 02:54:15 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #50 on: September 1, 2015, 03:00:42 am »
This can´t be true?

Make the 100´s singing section and 1000 of them tickets pay on gate a couple of days before the fixture (half the price for u-21), move all hospitality, thomas cook etc shit to upper centenary and upper annie road, take away every Season ticket that is sold on the black market to footballtickets.com etc. Have serious conversations with the SpionKop lads, SOS etc about improving the atmosphere and bringing locals (espacilly young ones) to the ground once again. We could lower the prices, relocate people, get locals in, improving the atmosphere for just around £1-3m, aren´t the supporters worth that? Just don´t sign the new fucking aspas or borini and give something back to us, it will only generate more money in the future when we scare the fucking shite out of other teams like we did with Roma, Juventus, Barca, Chelsea, Madrid etc.

Well said sir!

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 1, 2015, 06:27:40 am »
This can´t be true?

loads of great ideas coming in, the flag problem is all part of a wider issue atmosphere/flags/ticketprices  the kop a become stagnant we need a mass relocation, replacing with the young,
with the newstand coming along we have an perfect opportunity.
this can all be sorted at a relatively low cost, it really needs to be done.   

« Last Edit: September 1, 2015, 06:46:17 am by Rome-77 »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 1, 2015, 09:22:07 am »
in my opinion this is one of 2 things.

The complaining from day trippers/tourists  fans. 

So they can police the wording of banners, eg, anything politically incorrect or protest "like ticket price issues"..
or the Purslow cock one ha ha

Yeah, but if that were true, then they'd have to hand out ID's and ball gags to half the fans going in if they didn't want anything offensive seen or heard inside the ground. Next they'll have someone stand at the bottom of the Kop end holding this up whenever a chant slegging John Terry's ma gets going.

I personally think it's the first one. Watching the game on Saturday, it perturbed me the amount of people I saw holding up their phones and cameras during the game. Literally row after row of people just standing there glued to their gadgets.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 1, 2015, 09:31:37 am »
If true, this is by far the stupidest thing the owners have done so far. Doesn't make any sense.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #54 on: September 1, 2015, 09:45:09 am »
Have the owners gone fucking crazy?  Flags are what make us unique - why do they want to change that?  Remember what Rafa said about us and Chelsea?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 1, 2015, 09:45:22 am »
Can't we get some experts from Chelsea to help us out, we can add plastic flags to all the seats  ::)

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #56 on: September 1, 2015, 10:30:25 am »
Its actually sad to read this thread and the atmosphere one. When people are saying they have stopped going after 45 years then there is a serious problem. Someone has to do something soon or we will loose our soul as a club!
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #57 on: September 1, 2015, 11:02:55 am »
Spoke to a chap from the supporters committee this morning and he genuinely doesn't have a clue what has caused this.

I'd not be surprised if the club are under pressure from a) whoever awards the stadium safety certs b) fans complaining and they are looking to control what gets brought in.

I love the flags. Such a sight, but they need to be there the whole game. Such an anticlimax when, as soon as ynwa is done, they disappear from view and the place is silent.

The WHOLE of the kop needs to be made restricted view so the flags can be more prominent but I think you'd have as much grief from the Auld Arses as from the day trippers.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #58 on: September 1, 2015, 11:06:58 am »
I'd not be surprised if the club are under pressure from a) whoever awards the stadium safety certs

If that's true, and it did come to mind but I didn't want to post it as I know what sort of reply I would of got, then the club should be communicating this to the fans - which they may well be given we've only heard the story 3rd hand so far.

If it is this then at least the club and the fans can look at ways around this that way, without having to fucking register to wave a flag at the match!

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: September 1, 2015, 11:08:10 am »
this is awful news. going to the match is about so much more than a good view of the pitch. the songs and flags are great. its about 'feeling' the atmosphere. not sure how to explain it but obviously the owners don't get it.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #60 on: September 1, 2015, 11:20:22 am »
When I grew up on the old standing Kop I was lucky if I saw half the game cos of the pushing/swaying and general madness. Only knew a goal had been scored sometimes cos of the almighty roar and a total stranger hugging the life out of me!

Thank God I was a kopite when it meant something to the club.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #61 on: September 1, 2015, 11:32:16 am »

Sad but true, to fans a certain age this is not an overreaction but just the way things are now. 'Penny dropped' a long time ago for me.

Don't just blame LFC, it's footy as a whole these days, the whole thing is so sanitised, fuck me most players have never kicked a muddy ball in their lives these days. Anyway sorry, bit off topic all that, good luck to you lads who are trying to do something about the state of things at the moment at Anfield.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #62 on: September 1, 2015, 11:41:52 am »
in my opinion this is one of 2 things.

The complaining from day trippers/tourists  fans. 

So they can police the wording of banners, eg, anything politically incorrect or protest "like ticket price issues"..
or the Purslow cock one ha ha

That was my first thought when I read this thread. I cant see how it would be complaints. Id hazard a guess its to stop people from, rightly, complaining about the price of going the game.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #63 on: September 1, 2015, 11:45:20 am »
Didn't the club just recently renew its safety certificate with the council?

With the new stadium layout caused by the building work they had to get a new one.

I'll bet that it came up then and this is what caused it

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #64 on: September 1, 2015, 12:05:36 pm »
When are the lads from  Spoin Kop 1906 and SOS meeting with the club over the issue?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #65 on: September 1, 2015, 12:23:46 pm »
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 1, 2015, 12:28:46 pm »
When I grew up on the old standing Kop I was lucky if I saw half the game cos of the pushing/swaying and general madness. Only knew a goal had been scored sometimes cos of the almighty roar and a total stranger hugging the life out of me!

Thank God I was a kopite when it meant something to the club.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine Mighty Red dancing in the centre circle to a silent, static stadium full of families from the south of England in replica shirts. Forever.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67 on: September 1, 2015, 12:37:07 pm »
So if you haven't got ID and aren't part of the 1906 lads then your not allowed to take your flag in. Wow if they try to bring this in they must be mad. The last few seasons the flags on the kop have returned and looks great before kick off.

Myself and a few others have brought flags in every week for years and we've heard nothing from the club. Saturday was a normal game for us.

I think people are jumping on the club's back a bit too quickly on this. The fact that only the 1906 lads have had issues suggests there's more to it than the club being arsey. If a steward comes up to me at Norwich and says you need ID for your flag then I'll slate them as much as the next person, but until something actually changes and/or everyone knows the full situation I think it seems a bit unfair to be slating the club. All we have so far are rumours that the club have issues with one group of fans. To go from that to saying they're trying to destroy the soul of the club by taking away the flags is a bit of a leap.

Offline Red-O

• Main Stander
« Reply #68 on: September 1, 2015, 01:49:09 pm »
But where is it actually written that the club wants to implement this?  Been through the thread, couldn't see anyone linking to a source.   

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #69 on: September 1, 2015, 01:54:30 pm »
Yeah I'd like to know the official line on this before I go severing the tiny thread of love I still have for the game.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #70 on: September 1, 2015, 01:55:17 pm »
It's bad enough that I can't even buy a ticket for me and my brother to sit next to each other without him paying £35 to be a 'member' and have the privilege of being able to buy something, we now won't be able to bring down our giant 'Fuck Off Ayre' flag that was going to cover half of the Kop. The only 'members' at this club are the people that run it. Another example of the atmosphere being drained from our institution in favour of a homogeneous, bland, corporate offering that is killing the game as we know it.

I couldn't care less if there's a big shiny stand, it'll be full of fucking suits. Just how they like it, money in the bank, cash in the tills of the club superstore, everything at a price, and one that is out of the reach of the ordinary punters who've contributed to the history of this club for decades. The owners wouldn't be able to continue to dine out on the Istanbul triumph without the flag waving, die hard support, many of whom sold what they could and trekked across Europe in the name of the cause. Future triumphs will be celebrated by the chink of fine crystal glasses, topped off with canapes, foie gras, a complementary plastic flag for every corporate guest and a hearty laugh at the commoners who they won't have to poison their view with because they'll have been priced out of the game. What a pile of enormous bollocks.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 1, 2015, 02:42:29 pm »
I don't understand the reasons for this. At most, I'd guess it's some health/safety permit "issue" or the club wanting to censor. Being ID'd or having to be identified for simply enjoying the football is a ridiculous notion.

I think all flags should be left at home, except one massive one on the Kop which simply says "Twelfth Man?"
« Last Edit: September 1, 2015, 02:44:38 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
Re: ID to wave flags on the kop?
« Reply #72 on: September 1, 2015, 02:52:41 pm »
Fuck the first half off and protest outside with the flags.  FSG flags with swastikas on them in the ground.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #73 on: September 1, 2015, 02:53:26 pm »
I don't understand the reasons for this. At most, I'd guess it's some health/safety permit "issue" or the club wanting to censor. Being ID'd or having to be identified for simply enjoying the football is a ridiculous notion.

I think all flags should be left at home, except one massive one on the Kop which simply says "Twelfth Man?"

I like this.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #74 on: September 1, 2015, 02:56:07 pm »
Myself and a few others have brought flags in every week for years and we've heard nothing from the club. Saturday was a normal game for us.

I think people are jumping on the club's back a bit too quickly on this. The fact that only the 1906 lads have had issues suggests there's more to it than the club being arsey. If a steward comes up to me at Norwich and says you need ID for your flag then I'll slate them as much as the next person, but until something actually changes and/or everyone knows the full situation I think it seems a bit unfair to be slating the club. All we have so far are rumours that the club have issues with one group of fans. To go from that to saying they're trying to destroy the soul of the club by taking away the flags is a bit of a leap.

A glass of sanity in a sea of shite.
Kill the humourless

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #75 on: September 1, 2015, 04:17:30 pm »

As Martin Niemoller once said.

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #76 on: September 1, 2015, 04:23:14 pm »
The Nazi analogies are premature. It is far from clear what is going on here. If the worst case case interpretation is correct then it will rightly be condemned by all of us.

The club need to make a clear statement about what has happened and what they are trying to achieve. At the moment it is a mess of rumour and speculation. I suspect cock up rather than an evil scheme, but the club needs to clear this up before if gets very ugly.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 1, 2015, 04:38:56 pm »
The Nazi analogies are premature. It is far from clear what is going on here. If the worst case case interpretation is correct then it will rightly be condemned by all of us.

The club need to make a clear statement about what has happened and what they are trying to achieve. At the moment it is a mess of rumour and speculation. I suspect cock up rather than an evil scheme, but the club needs to clear this up before if gets very ugly.

The club want 1906 to sign a register and wear ID, that's a fact.

Everything else are rumours. 

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #78 on: September 1, 2015, 04:40:13 pm »
The club want 1906 to sign a register and wear ID, that's a fact.

Everything else are rumours. 

The ball is still in the club's court to explain themselves.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 1, 2015, 04:45:40 pm »
The ball is still in the club's court to explain themselves.

Yes, I agree.

I was just stating what we know so far is a fact.