Author Topic: Liverpool 0-3 West Ham FT  (Read 165333 times)

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 0-3 West Ham FT
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2015, 05:06:42 pm »
I find the sight of us lumping the ball towards Benteke completely depressing, he's better than that.

Shit on a stick football.

I'm pretty sure Benteke's only purpose is to knockdown Mignolet's goal kicks.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2015, 05:06:42 pm »
Did we test their keeper?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline FoolForPool

• Main Stander
« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2015, 05:06:45 pm »
Cake tomorrow,
Cake tomorrow,
Cake tomorrow,
Cake tomorrow,

Brendan, please can i have some cake today?

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2015, 05:06:51 pm »
The sad thing is we can probably all predict the next month or so. A dreadful struggle and barrage of excuses then Brendan either resigns or gets the sack. I feel for him but this was always going to happen if we didn't hit the ground running this season. Everyone said it and the knives never really got put away. Inevitable.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:00 pm »
Firstly I'm not coming here to gloat as you guys know me better than that as I've always been gracious in defeat & there's been many down the years  & you know I'm on RAWK as I like Liverpool as a club, city & people.

But I after not winning at Anfield for  52 years & 35 for me supporting West Ham I just want to go ...

Yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss you fuckin beauty 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Unbelievable never thought I'd see the day . I've not seen any of it yet but delighted words fail me .

In fact I'm in shock lol , through the second half I couldn't watch soccer Saturday or check the score too often as was so nervous

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:03 pm »
As soon as Brendan starts biggin up players and team performances everything seems to go to shit for us.
Yet he still hasn't fucking learned from it.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:05 pm »
Front of the Echo, 'Lovren has improved' or something like that. Then he goes and performs to his usual standard.

Please, Brendan, just stop talking.

Well Brendan did say something like he was out to prove people wrong.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:10 pm »
3-0 at home when was the last time that happened, think we got a 1-3 against Chelsea in the champions league semi final under Rafa?

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:15 pm »
I think Coutinho was unlucky though. The guy turns into him after he's committed with the slide tackle. Referee had a shocking second half but you shouldn't be collecting silly early yellows for dissent. And he probably wouldn't be frustrated enough to dissent if our defenders didn't piss about and concede silly goals to put us in a position of trailing 2-0 in half an hour.

Shot ourselves in both feet.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:24 pm »
That was like piercing my own eyes. Pretty bad but early on in the season. Hope we change things up. Gomez at left back won't work against teams defending deep but Rodgers should have hooked Lovren and got the second striker at half time. We need to cut our losses with Lovren, when it's painfully obvious he's not the player we need. Look at what Rafa did with Robbie Keane. Who fucking cares if we lose 15-20 million in the process, we're losing valuable points at home to costly defensive errors.

Skrtel backing off is another things I can't wrap my head around. He's a great defender otherwise but the third goal was a free shot.

This game is all on Brendan though. I don't think we needed 3 midfielders, that played right into west ham's hands by us bringing no width to the game. But that can be excused since each of the starting 11 deserved to be on the team sheet after the excellent performance at Arsenal. It's his reaction to going 1 goal down, 2 goals down and a man down that gave us no chance to turn things around. I'd have expected him to hook Gomez off for Moreno in the first half itself (harsh though that might seem but we had no threat and all of our play going down the left hand side).

Forget this and onwards and updwards.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:28 pm »
Doesn't seem to make a difference how much money we spend or what players we have on the pitch. We look exactly the same as we did in Rodgers first season. Suarez carried us to a title challenge which papered over the cracks. Brendan's out of his depth and his 433 football is boring and unimaginative.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:28 pm »
54 goals in 42 Prem games since 2013/14 with 1 forward 

Any chance we can start with 2?   :butt
Yeah, this is the stat or something like it I was looking for because I was seriously wondering about it. I seem to only remember being able to scrap by when we have 1 forward up front.

There will be wailing about everything, but the first two goals, and probably even the third were purely individual - so it is hard to complain about the system. The errors would be hilarious, but we've seen them so many times before, it just makes you shake your head. When they scored all of them, I was void of emotion because it was the same people doing the same thing they are known for leading to goals. 

That of course leads to the biggest question as to why some players are clearly favored, no matter their performance on the field.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:33 pm »
I might not watch this on Football First.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:36 pm »
Probably thinks Bente is Suarez
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »
Ah fuck, just realized our best player is now suspended for United. As if today couldn't be any worse.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:39 pm »
Firstly I'm not coming here to gloat as you guys know me better than that as I've always been gracious in defeat & there's been many down the years  & you know I'm on RAWK as I like Liverpool as a club, city & people.

But I after not winning at Anfield for  52 years & 35 for me supporting West Ham I just want to go ...

Unbelievable never thought I'd see the day . I've not seen any of it yet but delighted words fail me .

In fact I'm in shock lol , through the second half I couldn't watch soccer Saturday or check the score too often as was so nervous

Fair play. Enjoy yourself tonight.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:41 pm »
This is the appropriate response. I'm just going to pretend this one didn't happen.

Yes it's early on. But regardless that doesn't excuse such a poor performance at home. A draw maybe, but 3-0 to West Ham? This is a team who will be fighting to stay in the league this year. There is no excuse for that and Rogers deserves all the shit he will get on the back of this. He's had all summer and a load of money to help fix this team and we look almost as bad as last season with all the same issues still left unresolved.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:47 pm »
Enjoy Coutinho now everyone. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:50 pm »
Also everyone was saying benteke is much more than a target man he's really not.

He had nothing to work with today, absolutely nothing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:50 pm »

Played us off the park mate. You defended well and scored when you needed to.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:52 pm »
Rodgers needs to start with 2 strikers upfront, 1 does not work no matter how many times he has tried it unless that 1 was Luis Suarez.

The problem with that is what formation do we play? I don't think we could play a 4-4-2 because our midfielders simply aren't good enough and we'd get over-run. Play a diamond and we'll end up playing too narrow. All I can think of is reverting back to a back 3 and play a 3-5-2 but I'm not sure if that will work either.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:55 pm »
Terrible game just terrible. To top it off i saw the stadium half empty with 10 mins still to play. Absolutely shameful, and don't give me all that bollocks about it being day trippers either.

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:59 pm »
Reality check.

The celebrations over our amazing nil nil draw against Arsenal look rather silly now. Looking back in hindsight that was a par result considering they have not scored in 5 of their last 6 home games, and lost to both Swansea and West Ham.

Stoke we were poor and scored a lucky worldie. Should have lost to Bournemouth considering the ref decisions.

Same old, same old. Not much has changed except for the ultra defensive tactics which have some confused to some greater change to our defensive quality under Rodgers. We opened up today for a home game and the defence got horribly exposed for what it is.

Exactly this.  Fact is Rodgers has been in charge for a good few years now and still doesnt know how to set us up correctly or who our best players are.   He is so tactically inept and I'm not even exaggerating because we lost today.  Even before today, the realists here will have to admit we've been lucky not to concede before today with Arsenal and Bournemouth both scoring legit goals.  Yeah on paper we made a good start but I wasn't convinced that we sorted out our weaknesses.

PS.  For those who think some of us only come on here to whinge, well even when we finished runners up and playing out of this world, I rarely commented on how well we were playing.  My philosophy is we're only as good as our last game and remain with my feet firmly on the ground.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 29, 2015, 05:08:11 pm »
It is going to be a blood bath here tonight.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 29, 2015, 05:08:16 pm »
Good luck to the mods.
Yes, dealing with thousands of whinging fuckers who don't support their team must be a right pain.

In another thread, General Football, 2 of you's have given up all ready and claim the title has all ready been won by Man City.  For fuck sake.  And todays date is August 29th.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #225 on: August 29, 2015, 05:08:17 pm »
Shit on a stick. Absolute shit on a stick. Worse than shit ona  stick. A mediocre, runny, watery, smeary shit on a mediocre sized stick. Mediocre. That is the operative word here.

The first goal was poor, the backline letting the side down. But the real probelm was in the middle. What a mediocre team we are. What a mediocre bunch of midfielders we have. Milner, Lucas, Can, all try ahrd but they are mediocre, everyone.

Once again everything is dependent on Coutinho. Once h got sent off, it was game over.

Mind you, this performance was compounded by the manager. Against Arsenal the team looked controlled and organised. But that was because they were without the ball. If you want to beat Liverpool, give them the ball, watch them fuck up. I never thought I would say it but the team assembled is technically an inferior one. They lose the ball in dangerous positions and get taken apart. Pathetic. We are Arsenal minus the skill.

As for the backline, Lovren is going to be the cause of Rodger's losing his job. The second goal was awful, but watch his run out of position for the third goal. The hammers player hammers the ball off Moreno, it falls to his feet, he runs on and scores while Lovren is stranded out of position.

The subs were all wrong as well. Gomex should have been off after 30 minutes, as he was unable to attack up the left side. Moreno rightly came on, but at the cost of Can, meaning the midfield became porous. An impromptu 5 at the back... why were Lovren adn Gomez allowed to stay on. Gomez eventually came off but he should have been of much earleir... he joined Firmino, who, while still finding hsi feet, offered something going forward, some spark of creativity.

That was a tiresome finish to teh game, aimless balls knocked long to Ings and Benteke, one who barely contributed, the other who ran around like a bull in a China shop. It seems the manager favours brawn and commitment to intelligence. Why else send Markovic on loan, send Shahin back to Dortmund, favour Allen over more skilled midfielders? He wants these mediocre players that put in mediocre, solid performances, week in, week out. Tiresome. And shit. Shit on a stick.

I'm mad as hell and I just can't take it anymore. All teh good work of the opening games undone in 30 minutes as Lovren getrs another chance to prove he is sub-standard. All those fans leaving early spoke volumes to me, I'm not the only one pissed off.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #226 on: August 29, 2015, 05:08:17 pm »
It's the 29th. There is still time.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 29, 2015, 05:08:19 pm »
I'm pretty sure Benteke's only purpose is to knockdown Mignolet's goal kicks.

He is fucking much better than that. Our crap midfield gave him no support.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 29, 2015, 05:08:29 pm »
Did we test their keeper?

35-yard shot from Lovren made him wake from his slumber and step to his right to catch it.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2015, 05:08:29 pm »

You deserved the win today mate, Bilic played us like a fiddle.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2015, 05:08:45 pm »
Well they were that useless we may as well had no defenders.

True. But we were chasing the game and at a point we played 5-2-2. I know some will say it was 3-4-2, but five defenders were playing and it showed.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:09 pm »
He had nothing to work with today, absolutely nothing.
Exactly because he's a target man.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:21 pm »
Never knew a club that after one or two wins we think we are the finished article. Lovern has one good game and suddenly his on the back of the Echo hailed a colossus.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:37 pm »
I don't care if I get stick for saying this, but if we go to United in two weeks' and they turn us over, the Americans are going to have to make a big decision.

We need a RT button
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:42 pm »
If i'd have missed the game and had gone to livescore and seen this result, my first reaction would be that they've somehow made a mistake. 3-0 loss at home to West Ham. Let that sink in. Fair play to them they deserved it, but still.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:45 pm »
Kinda reminds me of the mid 90s really when mediocre teams turned us over.

Massive tangent here but I'm grateful for GH for bringing some glory back to the club after years of being dismal. What must happen for history to repeat itself I wonder?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:46 pm »

Fuck off you cockney twat ;)

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:49 pm »
I was about to say it was our worst home performance in years - then remembered the Palace game - so our worst for a few months...

But what a fucking shower that was - and Rodgers whole approach to the second half was a disgrace. 2-0 down at home, so he goes for three centre backs, two full backs and Lucas - so six defensive players - which he kept after Coutinho got sent off. At one stage we had two strikers but literally no creative players on the pitch to provide anything. The minute any chips go down Rodgers is clueless. He's also the only man who thinks Lovren is a better player than Sakho. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I've rarely seen a more uninspiring display by us at home.

Rodgers leaves a lot to be desired with his decision making at key points, and the evolution of his tactical plan during a game. When his Plan A, which doesn't work all that often these days, doesn't work, it's pretty much done. At that point we're just hoping for the quality of the players on the pitch to pull through, and in this day and age at this level, that's not even a banker if you have the best players in the league on your side. We don't.

It was another shambles - and by the end of the game one was wondering if even the players on the pitch knew what they were supposed to be doing.

The Lovren thing is mind blowing. He's clearly just not intelligent enough to be a footballer at the highest level. Pretty much every single game he makes a handful (not even one) of stupid decisions where you have to wonder how he's even forging a living as a pro, let alone at Liverpool FC. But on it goes. He cost £20m, which is not good, but mistakes are made - identify that it was one, get rid of him and move on to get the team moving forward again.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:52 pm »
Getting a bit sick of being embarrassed by average teams now, I remember the days we used to bladder them under Rafa.

Yep.

Ironically though, I remember a 0-0 at home to the very same club that sent us top of the league resulting in resounding boo's.

Strange world eh ?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:52 pm »
It's the 29th. There is still time.
Same every season.