Author Topic: Tiago Ilori  (Read 45135 times)

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
Re: Tiago Ilori
« Reply #240 on: September 2, 2015, 06:40:51 pm »
two European giants there

Well luckily for you, we'll get to see how the great Liverpool will dispatch Bordeaux in EL, the measly European pub team.

Regardless my point flew over your head. His good performance, regardless of whichever club he played for, shouldn't be dismissed so lightly. We have a 18 year old CB starting for us that played for the great European giant Charlton so I don't know what that has to do with anything.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #241 on: September 2, 2015, 06:41:47 pm »
May or may not?  we paid £7,500,000 for him, he should be good enough.

We paid a max of £6.3m for him. Some of which may of been incentivised as it often is with young signings.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: September 2, 2015, 06:42:17 pm »
Well luckily for you, we'll get to see how the great Liverpool will dispatch Bordeaux in EL, the measly European pub team.

Regardless my point flew over your head. His good performance, regardless of whichever club he played for, shouldn't be dismissed so lightly. We have a 18 year old CB starting for us that played for the great European giant Charlton so I don't know what that has to do with anything.

I was making a comment about the two clubs he's played for. Both where there's no pressure at all, no trophies to go for, nothing. Maybe the management think he can't cope with the step up from looking at him in training? Not sure why you're being so disparaging about Liverpool either, do you support us?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #243 on: September 2, 2015, 06:43:48 pm »
Odd.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: September 2, 2015, 06:48:59 pm »
To be fair. None of us know what the hell has gone on behind the scenes. Perhaps after watching him in training, reading various loan reports and watching games of him of his time on loan, the manager thinks he is nowhere near the level required to play for the club?

I well trust the gaffer to know a good defense/defender.

[Lovren > Sakho]

Maybe after a good half of play he'll come out in the meedja at half time and proclaim him having turned a corner.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2015, 06:53:05 pm by Johns_Barn »

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: September 2, 2015, 06:51:38 pm »
That was because Andy Carroll was seen as a marquee signing. Ilori was only signed as a young lad as a possible player for the future.

Anyway, I done here 3 fucking threads(Transfer deadline day, the youth thread and now this one) polluted by people with nothing better to do then moan about a player who may or may not be good enough to play premier league football, never mind play for us.

Enjoy your evening of moaning, more moaning and moaning some more. I'm out of here.

BR was quoted at saying, with him, he has secured our defensive future for the next 10 years. If our manager kept his gob shut for long enough rather than the constant sound bites these posts and quotes like these wouldn't surface to bit him on the backside.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: September 2, 2015, 06:57:04 pm »
On what basis is he better than Lovren?

Have you seen Lovren play for us yet?  I'm not saying Ilori is better for sure but it wouldn't take a lot to be an improvement on Lovren.