Author Topic: Tiago Ilori  (Read 45144 times)

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Tiago Ilori
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2015, 12:36:06 am »
not saying he was completely faultless during that run of games but that was deffo his best performances In a red shirt yet imo. Much better than the nervous wreck we saw at the start of the season.

Bolasie will skin 99% of defenders in Europe. He is very skillful and direct.

Are you taking the piss?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2015, 12:48:19 am »
Are you taking the piss?
I guess you are referring to Bolasie? Not many more skillful players out there. Probably about 5-10 in the world. I'm dead serious.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2015, 03:20:11 am »
I assume he's not on the tour because of the U21s?

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2015, 03:50:12 pm »
This kid reminds me of Varane at Real he needs to play behind a dominant DM and next to a more physical CB to reach a elite level. Big erme and skrtel would make a great pairing for this season
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2015, 03:59:22 pm »
I assume he's not on the tour because of the U21s?

Yes, he has extended hols, but I hope that he gets the chance to show what he can do this season.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2015, 04:11:00 pm »
Hope the lad gets his chance this season, havent seen a great deal of him, but does look promising.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2015, 04:22:22 pm »
We've got to keep him with us this season and play him in the UEFA Cup as a minimum. We can review it at Christmas but for me, 8-10 games for us will tell us more about him than sending him away for someone else to use/not use him.

This lad is absolutely rapid and has real good quality. His defending is decent and he reminds me of a young Rio Ferdinand in his defensive work. He would probably need to play alongside a dominant Vidic type centre back but as one of 5 centre backs we must invest time in these lads.

2 years ago Sterling was a question mark, now we are selling him for 50m quid. This kid has got great potential and we have to give him a go. The UEFA Cup is absolutely perfect for him, what's the point of playing Kolo Toure in front of him.

Offline BigRedJim

• Kemlynite
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2015, 04:52:50 pm »
Just seen him having a 'cheeky nandos' in L1

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2015, 04:53:47 pm »
Just seen him having a 'cheeky nandos' in L1
It's nice that he is around the City, it can't be a bad thing re his long term future.

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2015, 01:52:25 am »
Hoping to see him in action this season with us.
🔥97🔥

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2015, 07:07:06 am »
Think he will go on loan to an english club personally

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2015, 09:13:25 am »
Think he needs a loan first. Didnt look particularly special in the u21 tournament.

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2015, 09:22:25 am »
Should be converted into a defensive mid-fielder, needs experience out on loan with a 'Bolton or Burnley' to learn the trade and get roughed up a bit.
Otherwise sell and move on, he has not got the stature for a Central Defender and will be overpowered in the Premier League.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2015, 09:46:53 am »
Should be converted into a defensive mid-fielder, needs experience out on loan with a 'Bolton or Burnley' to learn the trade and get roughed up a bit.
Otherwise sell and move on, he has not got the stature for a Central Defender and will be overpowered in the Premier League.

One inch shorter but 4 kilos heavier than Raphael Varane.

Have a wobble lad.

Think he needs a loan first. Didnt look particularly special in the u21 tournament.

Really?  I thought he looked very calm and composed in defence, any time he was out of position he had more than enough pace
to recover.  Distributed the ball from the back well, hit a couple of perfectly weighted cross field Hollywood passes.

Thought he did very well.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:58:00 am by DeLeiva »

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2015, 12:17:45 pm »
Ilori in the few games I seen him for Granada & Bordeaux was very good. He was superb vs Barca in 2014 too.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2015, 09:13:20 am »
Ilori tweeted: "Just killed everything in this gym for 5 hours 😏 ima give these weights a rest day tomorrow 💪"

Thought it was quite funny
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2015, 04:32:49 pm »
Ilori tweeted: "Just killed everything in this gym for 5 hours 😏 ima give these weights a rest day tomorrow 💪"

Thought it was quite funny
Haha, thats funny! I question the logic of gyming for 5 hours straight though  :o ;D

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2015, 09:12:34 pm »
Good stuff once he fills out his frame he will be top class. Hope he gets a chance ahead of Toure and Lovren, if Sakho or Skrtel can't play.

Offline Vund

• Votes Tory.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2015, 06:29:51 pm »
Yes, he has extended hols, but I hope that he gets the chance to show what he can do this season.
I saw a quote from his father saying he was supposed to be going on preseason tour. Maybe that was before Portugal got to the final. I am really hopeful he will get a chance this year. I'm still hoping to see his fabled pace.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2015, 06:42:59 pm »
Is he back at Melwood yet??
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2015, 06:43:44 pm »
Is he back at Melwood yet??

He's been going in and doing gym work for a bit, not sure if he was doing anything with the ball until this week though when everyone else can back.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2015, 06:59:46 pm »
Really hope he gets a chance this season.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2015, 12:25:09 pm »
...what's the point of playing Kolo Toure in front of him.

This is the key point with Ilori, for me.

From the limited appearances we've seen so far it looks as though Gomez is being viewed in a full back role this season. I'm expecting similar for Wisdom as well, which leaves Skrtel as the first choice right-sided central defender, and Toure and Ilori in behind him. I like Kolo Toure. By all accounts he's a positive influence around the club, and with the younger players. His experience is a good thing to have around Melwood. No doubts about that. But to play him at this stage of his career, in preference to a very promising 22 year old seems short-sighted. Especially a 22 year old who (on the face of it) offers all of the attributes that should make him an ideal fit for a Brendan Rodgers Liverpool team. The lad's played top flight football in Portugal, France and Spain now, along with an under-21 European Championships and he's not looked out of his depth at any point. If he's not getting his chance now then I struggle to see when he gets it.

Did he sign the contract extension that was being mooted a couple of weeks back?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:51:04 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2015, 04:02:25 pm »
This is the key point with Ilori, for me.

From the limited appearances we've seen so far it looks as though Gomez is being viewed in a full back role this season. I'm expecting similar for Wisdom as well, which leaves Skrtel as the first choice right-sided central defender, and Toure and Ilori in behind him. I like Kolo Toure. By all accounts he's a positive influence around the club, and with the younger players. His experience is a good thing to have around Melwood. No doubts about that. But to play him at this stage of his career, in preference to a very promising 22 year old seems short-sighted. Especially a 22 year old who (on the face of it) offers all of the attributes that should make him an ideal fit for a Brendan Rodgers Liverpool team. The lad's played top flight football in Portugal, France and Spain now, along with an under-21 European Championships and he's not looked out of his depth at any point. If he's not getting his chance now then I struggle to see when he gets it.

Did he sign the contract extension that was being mooted a couple of weeks back?
Remains to be seen whether Toure will be our #4 or #5 CB but we'll find out soon enough I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if Toure's contract was extended earlier in the summer on the premise that he would be a leader off the pitch but not see much game time ahead of Ilori. Maybe he'll get to captain a young EL/cup side playing next to Ilori actually. Looking forward to find out either way, but as you say I hope Ilori gets his chance.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2015, 04:16:31 pm »
My question is: If BR is happy to keep Joe (age of just 18) around the first team to compete for a place and yet he sent Ilori out last season for loan. Is it because Ilori is less of a player than Joe now, or is it because Ilori is less adapted to the EPL (which made the Bordeaux loan completely pointless), or just because Joe can play in full back position??
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2015, 04:20:22 pm »
My question is: If BR is happy to keep Joe (age of just 18) around the first team to compete for a place and yet he sent Ilori out last season for loan. Is it because Ilori is less of a player than Joe now, or is it because Ilori is less adapted to the EPL (which made the Bordeaux loan completely pointless), or just because Joe can play in full back position??

Basically yes. If Gomez couldn't play CB, I have no doubt he'd be going out on loan too and Ilori would be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2015, 04:31:19 pm »
We have 4 CB's, we are short of FB's.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2015, 04:36:54 pm »
Seb Coates mark II
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2015, 04:43:59 pm »
He needs a chance, he's got the talent.

Whether he'll get one or not is another question.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline markschema

• Boys Pen
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2015, 08:13:38 pm »
I'd guess Ilori will be back up to Skrtel alongside Toure depending on the game. For example, a difficult high pressure game may call for a steady experienced head to cover rather than youth and visa versa. It allows Rodgers to control Ilori's development better than if he was forced to play him regardless.

Plenty of room for both.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2015, 04:49:13 am »
Still haven't seen a picture of him back at Melwood yet?? Did we sell him already without anyone notice??? Remember last interview BR mentioned player will come back to Melwood after extended leave, he named everyone but Ilori..... worrying sign.......
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2015, 06:39:40 am »
Just saw him in home and bargain filling his basket full of smokey bacon bensons
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2015, 09:03:05 am »
Seb Coates mark II

hope he doesnt do his acl....think that alongside bad management of his game time ruined any chance seba had.

seen enough fo ilori 2 years ago to know he is good enough.

needs a run of games (as all centre backs do) to understand their partner and the system.
if they are quality they then start to improve their game....or should do.

no real wya of knowing unless he gets familiarity and with gametime.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2015, 11:12:00 am »
A really good player but I think he will be sent out on loan again for another season.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2015, 11:40:00 am »

Portugal had a really good defence and he was part of it. No worries. I reckon we could have him as 3rd pick CB this season, but easily 4th pick. Certainly with Can, Wisdom and Gomez around.

Ideally, I'd try and have him off on a short loan, say 1-2 months and then bring him back and play him. Or I'd start him in the EL and the League Cup, in at least a couple of games. It's time to see what he can do.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline The Woolster

• Main Stander
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »
Still haven't seen a picture of him back at Melwood yet?? Did we sell him already without anyone notice??? Remember last interview BR mentioned player will come back to Melwood after extended leave, he named everyone but Ilori..... worrying sign.......

I wondered about this, but then realised that he probably gets a few more days than Can as Portugal played in the final and Germany knocked out in the semis. Think there was 3 days between those matches, so maybe Illori will be back in today.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2015, 02:16:57 pm »
Nevermind Toure, I'd give him a chance over the likes of Lovren.

Coming up to the age where games will be important in his development.

Online Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2015, 02:18:24 pm »
The thing is we have been so poor in defense that even if he makes mistakes he still probably won't be worse than players we have.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2015, 03:44:15 pm »
I remember reading reports of a new contract offer about a month back but I think since that initial leak to the press nothing more has been said about him. I presume he is one of the players due to join up with the tour in the coming week?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2015, 03:47:36 pm »
I remember reading reports of a new contract offer about a month back but I think since that initial leak to the press nothing more has been said about him. I presume he is one of the players due to join up with the tour in the coming week?

Sure those rumours said it would be looked at when he returned to training, which was only last week and the majority of the club were away on the tour.

I'm sure it'll be discussed this summer when the club look at the various options for the next stage of his development.