Author Topic: A Philippe Coutinho thread - out of the woodwork they come, clockwork.  (Read 107135 times)

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Every time I read a Coutinho thread it makes me want to watch the YouTube clip of him playing Futsal as a 13 year old.

I've posted this loads of times before, but here it is again for anyone that hasn't seen it (can someone please embed).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBfQoyZ0mtQ

What I love about this clip is that he's still using all those skills 10 years later, and still playing with the same youthful exuberance of a player who simply loves football.

He's ace is our Phil.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
I like that he improved in 14/15 on what was already a good season for him in 13/14 in spite of the team's overall decline. If he improves again, and the team do with him, 15/16 could be Phil Coutinho's season.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
He is simply superb, superb...

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
what happened to the gif thread?  can wehave some coutin ho gifs in here, please?
dios esta buena

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
nice one, messiah. you were waiting for that, weren't you?
dios esta buena

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
He's quite one footed - am I being negative?
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
He's quite one footed - am I being negative?

What a foot though.
:D

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
How can anyone not love this face ?

That face takes care of 99% of life's issues.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:23:04 pm by Hoenheim »
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
How can anyone not love this face ?

That face takes care of 99% of life's issues.

Such a Couti-pie  :D
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan

Forget his immense talent, he's a really nice kid who's been raised right by his parents, I'm sure most of us will recognise that we can't keep a talent like this forever but if and when he does move on it will be handled in a respectful and classy way, along with Ibe he's a reminder that there are still reasons to give a shit about football when all you hear about is the unsatiable appetite of agents and young footballers.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Kwality, kwality player. You see when you are a kwality player, you have this kwality, to be a kwality player.

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
Nothing but pure man love for this man. He is everything a footballer should be.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Too small, not fast enough, constantly giving the ball away, terrible power and placement on his shot, goes missing for long stretches, never tracks back, poor in the air, cant even make his national team..... Not Liverpool quality, keeping Lucas out of the side and a total wast of 8.5 million pounds. Best get rid.

You know who you are    ;D 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Too small, not fast enough, constantly giving the ball away, terrible power and placement on his shot, goes missing for long stretches, never tracks back, poor in the air, cant even make his national team..... Not Liverpool quality, keeping Lucas out of the side and a total wast of 8.5 million pounds. Best get rid.

You know who you are    ;D 

IMAGE OF A PRICK REMOVED!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:13:18 am by John C »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
[img].
Soz Al, but no way is that c*nt's grid appearing in here :)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

Fair enough mate.

As for Coutinho all I can say is that when I watched Jari Litmanen I thought WTF I wish we had seen him in his prime. Well we are going to see Coutinho in his prime and we are going to have plenty of WTF moments.

The lad has ridiculous talent and I mean once in a lifetime talent. He has been here so short a time but has probably had me rewinding and slow mowing more games than any Liverpool player I have seen.

Worth the admission fee on his own.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Don't put the image , but out of curiosity who said all that ?

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
I've loved him since he joined. Out of all the players we have he's the one that could one day 'do a suarez'..his vision and touch are out of this world and to be honest he's a better dribbler than Suarez will ever be..I just wonder if he'll ever find that aggression and fight to strike more.

I expect him to be more in the vein of Ronaldinho to be honest. A creator and chaos maker from advanced midfield rather than a pure goal scorer or winger in the front line. I'm fine with that too.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Don't put the image , but out of curiosity who said all that ?
The Hodge.

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Just read he has picked up a thigh injury in training and may miss the first Copa America game for Brazil.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
The Hodge.
Seriously or is this shit flying over my head?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
What a jinx this kid is. He`s out of tonight`s game after finally staking the claim to be in Brazil`s best XI. All that while going through entire season with Liverpool unscathed. Hopefully it`s just a knock and he`ll be ready for the next game. Would love to see what he can do on a such a big stage as Copa America.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
What a jinx this kid is. He`s out of tonight`s game after finally staking the claim to be in Brazil`s best XI. All that while going through entire season with Liverpool unscathed. Hopefully it`s just a knock and he`ll be ready for the next game. Would love to see what he can do on a such a big stage as Copa America.

Id rather he sat the tournament out and came back 100% refreshed for us.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
Id rather he sat the tournament out and came back 100% refreshed for us.

this is the sort of experience that could take him to the next level though, if he plays and does well for his country in a big tournament it will
help with his confidence and development.

I get the impression we're gonna see a much improved Coutinho in a few months, he is the most important player we have and i think he will
thrive with that extra responsibility.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
Brazil certainly could've used him today. Dunga's "idea" I read somewhere is to play Firmino+Neymar+Coutinho. We'll see.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Brazil certainly could've used him today. Dunga's "idea" I read somewhere is to play Firmino+Neymar+Coutinho. We'll see.

That's some front three that. I would love to recreate that a bit with Firmino here alongside Coutinho. They seem to have a great understanding of each other's games.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
That's some front three that. I would love to recreate that a bit with Firmino here alongside Coutinho. They seem to have a great understanding of each other's games.

We really should have Coutinho in Firmino's ear right now. Talking about how they could be the best Brazilian partnership in years and how they could build that off of their domestic form at Liverpool.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Might miss Colombia on Wednesday apparently. Injury isn't serious though.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
He is one the very few bright sparks in football for me...totally puts a smile on my face. He also looks honest, no ego or agent bollox. I feel I really need to treasure seeing the liverbird on his chest.

<3

Offline PrideofBelfast

• Main Stander
This lad is just too good. Far too good. 8)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:48:45 am by PrideofBelfast »
In Brendan we trust!

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
He is one the very few bright sparks in football for me...totally puts a smile on my face. He also looks honest, no ego or agent bollox. I feel I really need to treasure seeing the liverbird on his chest.

<3

That is a really good point! Have never seen him dive. Never heard him whinge. But I've seen him produce some magic

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yep there doesn't seem to be much pretension around the lad.  Amazing for such a huge talent.  I wouldn't expect a saga like the one we are seeing with Sterling.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
That's actually a good shout - I can't recall ever seeing a single incident where I thought he went down too easily or took a dive. Unusual for the type of player he is - small, flair players tend to be all too happy to go over.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
Coutinho trained today and yesterday.

Should be fine for tomorrow's game against Colombia, Brazil looked like they needed him against Peru.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He'll replace Iniesta at Barca in a couple of years time :(

Offline srinath

• Kemlynite
Feel proud that he plays for us. Amazing football skills.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
Played poorly, just seemed out of it.
Seen us win everything