Author Topic: Kenny opens new Belfast store  (Read 13193 times)

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kenny opens new Belfast store
« Reply #40 on: November 6, 2010, 09:02:37 pm »
This really isn't a discussion about Twitter or Paul Dalglish.

Shops like this are important for NESV going forward. They are valuable source of revenue if not substantial compared to our overall revenues.

As Tesco say "Every little helps"

Offline demons77

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: November 6, 2010, 09:13:43 pm »
Is there a Liverpool store in Dublin or anywhere in the ROI?

According to an article in the Belfast Telegraph Kenny mentioned a store in Dublin was indeed on the agenda.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 6, 2010, 09:14:52 pm »
Despite the media biased over here towards United we would still have the bigger support,plus the United shop wasnt an official one either.

i would say liverpool and united get an equal amount of media coverage in NI.

The old liverpool shop never seemed to carry that much stock from what i remember. and its not like now where basically anything they can get their hands on has a liverpool badge or liverbird put on it and is sold in club shops.

I hope the new belfast club shop does well but i'm not sure it will stick around too long. i've always thought the club shops in liverpool do the majority of their business on a match day with loads of people coming in to town for the match and the intention of spending a fortune in the shop.

belfast won't have that benefit, so once the initial novelty wears off and xmas is over, its hard to imagine there will be enough day to day trade to keep it going. hopefully the club have done their homework and i'm proved wrong though.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 6, 2010, 09:32:41 pm »
Paul Dalglish was on twitter mocking this move a little bit. Reckons it's a big shame his dad's resigned to opening shops rather than influencing the club to a proper degree. Can't disagree.

I think Paul Dalglish needs to shut up for a while.  His dad didnt have to go to Ireland, he was hardly forced at gun point was he?

As for influencing the club at a proper level, we all know that Paul thinks his dad should be Manager (as a lot of us do) but it's not going to happen, and he needs to get used to the idea.

It remains to be seen what the new owners have in mind for Kenny, but I hope they do make use of him in a proper way, give him something that is credible and recognises the talent we have within our midst,  to do otherwise would be a huge folly.

In the meantime, I am sure that Kenny Dalglish is perfectly capable of saying 'No' if he is asked to do anything he doesn't want to do, regardless of his son's opinion.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #44 on: November 6, 2010, 09:33:50 pm »
I think Paul Dalglish needs to shut up for a while.  His dad didnt have to go to Ireland, he was hardly forced at gun point was he?

As for influencing the club at a proper level, we all know that Paul thinks his dad should be Manager (as a lot of us do) but it's not going to happen, and he needs to get used to the idea.

It remains to be seen what the new owners have in mind for Kenny, but I hope they do make use of him in a proper way, give him something that is credible and recognises the talent we have within our midst,  to do otherwise would be a huge folly.

In the meantime, I am sure that Kenny Dalglish is perfectly capable of saying 'No' if he is asked to do anything he doesn't want to do, regardless of his son's opinion.

Did you read what he said?

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 6, 2010, 09:41:24 pm »
Did you read what he said?

No, sorry, I haven't - I was just reacting the the post by richie - is there more to it?
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 6, 2010, 09:42:23 pm »
No, sorry, I haven't - I was just reacting the the post by richie - is there more to it?

Try the first page of the thread... that's what PD said.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #47 on: November 6, 2010, 09:42:26 pm »

So you launch into PD without even knowing what he said?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 6, 2010, 10:05:06 pm »
Try the first page of the thread... that's what PD said.

I had read that, I thought there might have been more added that I wasn't aware of.

So you launch into PD without even knowing what he said?

I didnt 'launch' into anyone, I was expressing a point of view about Paul Dalglish's comments.

The fact Paul Dalglish is the son of a Liverpool icon does not make him immune from people's opinions or criticisms, especially when he makes such public comments on Twitter.

Finally, there are several posts already in this thread that express disagreement with Paul Dalglish's comments regarding his dad's position within the club - for example

there is something about his constant tweeting about his dad that doesn't sit right with me. If kenny wants to open a shop thats up to him. If he dont then he shouldn't do it. I am not sure if paul's comments belittle that. Its not that I dont agree with the sentiment but if kenny has a problem he should be saying it. Paul seems like he is trying to grab his dads glory.

I think and hope that Kenny Dalglish is given a high profile and worthwhile role within the club (Manager would be great but thats another issue).  He is a Liverpool legend and one I have a huge amount of respect for, but that does not mean that his son is immune to criticism, especially of comments made on a public network.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 6, 2010, 10:07:19 pm »
So you missed the point where he said he was having a laugh at his dad .... you know joking.... as in humour.

Fuck this I am out of this .... people ripping into someone for no good fucking reason.

Fuck it.

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 6, 2010, 10:17:26 pm »
Bye!  :wave

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 6, 2010, 10:20:51 pm »
I think PD just finds it amusing that his dad has such qualities to give to the club that he is now opening shops. I also think that PD thinks that his father is being pressurised into doing things for the club he loves with the potential of doing/being more (being forced at gun point/ emotionally black mailed?)? I dunno just thinking out loud. I do think there is more to it than just joking though.

I do have to say tho that criticising PD for his comments doesn't really set well with me for some reason - perhaps it is his view on his father/father's role and that he has more right (shall we say) to comment upon what he thinks he should do than we do. I also find it bloody rediculous that he should feel the need to tweet that he is not having a go at his dad! It's his bloody dad for god sake!

"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #52 on: November 6, 2010, 10:45:06 pm »
This really isn't a discussion about Twitter or Paul Dalglish.

Well excuse us.  :P
(I think you'll find it was part of it as he'd jokingly twittered this was beneath his Dad)
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #53 on: November 7, 2010, 04:51:04 am »

Would probably help to read what was actually written I think.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline GagzoD

• Boys Pen
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 12:51:10 pm »
Just to say

nearly 5 years down the line and the shop is still open and doing business

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2015, 01:32:06 pm »
I'm in Belfast next Thursday, will definitely go and see it.

Didn't even know we had one there.
JFT97

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2015, 03:50:22 pm »
was in it today
bought a couple of training tops for my son
it has everything you need stocked)

Offline GagzoD

• Boys Pen
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2015, 06:07:04 pm »
Also a little tip

If you order anything through the online store you can have it delivered to the shop to collect with no extra delivery charge!