Author Topic: Kenny opens new Belfast store  (Read 13188 times)

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
Re: Kenny opens new Belfast store
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2010, 09:57:07 am »
I wonder if it will last this time?
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 6, 2010, 10:05:32 am »
I wonder if it will last this time?
I remember the old one being opened in the 90's by Fowler I think it was.

Didn't last long and was always dead quiet. Maybe there will be more interest this time but even the United store didn't last in Belfast.

Only the Rangers And Celtic stores manage to stand the test of time in Belfast

Offline demons77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3 on: November 6, 2010, 10:24:18 am »
This one is an Official Liverpool shop where as the other one was Phil Thompson's Liverpool shop, there was legal ramifiactions about that one and that's why it didn't last too long. Belfast had indeed a Rangers and a Celtic shop along with a Man Utd shop, the only one still there is the Celtic shop. It is good that there is now a Liverpool shop back here although I have to admit, the shop isn't that big.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #4 on: November 6, 2010, 10:33:50 am »
Paul Dalglish was on twitter mocking this move a little bit. Reckons it's a big shame his dad's resigned to opening shops rather than influencing the club to a proper degree. Can't disagree.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #5 on: November 6, 2010, 10:49:30 am »
Paul Dalglish was on twitter mocking this move a little bit. Reckons it's a big shame his dad's resigned to opening shops rather than influencing the club to a proper degree. Can't disagree.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 6, 2010, 10:50:51 am »
This one is an Official Liverpool shop where as the other one was Phil Thompson's Liverpool shop, there was legal ramifiactions about that one and that's why it didn't last too long. Belfast had indeed a Rangers and a Celtic shop along with a Man Utd shop, the only one still there is the Celtic shop. It is good that there is now a Liverpool shop back here although I have to admit, the shop isn't that big.

Bigger size means higher rentals and monthly commitments. I think the size, based on what I have seen from the photo seems alright. What's important is they can carry the full range of products and merchandise supporters would want.

Sometimes, the more profitable stores aren't always the biggest. :)
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #7 on: November 6, 2010, 11:03:48 am »

A shameless publicity seeker. If Kenny wants to say something he will say it. A typical PD quote:"Kenny Dalglish coming to an ASDA near you soon." Classy.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 6, 2010, 11:11:01 am »
Henry alluded to the fact that they want Kenny to stay at the club and will be reviewing the role he will play within the club. He said he will be part of the new owners structure for the club.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 6, 2010, 11:40:04 am »
Oops didn't realise the Gers store was gone - shows how long it is since I lasted went home!

Anyway I hope the store does well this time - if Anfield league games are anything to go by there should be plenty of Irish whoppers to keep the store in business ;)

Offline chai

• Kemlynite
« Reply #10 on: November 6, 2010, 03:06:05 pm »
Hope this one lasts, I'll be giving it a visit anyway - think the promise of going there is now the main reason my nephews want to come over!

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 6, 2010, 03:08:39 pm »
shocked belfast couldnt support a manu or rangers store...we will do very well to survive there if those 2 clubs dinnt.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 6, 2010, 03:13:20 pm »
Hope this one lasts, I'll be giving it a visit anyway - think the promise of going there is now the main reason my nephews want to come over!

Let us know what you think about the storee

Offline kacangpool

• By day, a quiet office worker from Ormskirk. By Night CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
  • Kopite
« Reply #13 on: November 6, 2010, 03:16:17 pm »
Henry alluded to the fact that they want Kenny to stay at the club and will be reviewing the role he will play within the club. He said he will be part of the new owners structure for the club.

when was this? his last interview?

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #14 on: November 6, 2010, 03:57:51 pm »
A shameless publicity seeker. If Kenny wants to say something he will say it. A typical PD quote:"Kenny Dalglish coming to an ASDA near you soon." Classy.

I am sure you know more about kenny than his son.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #15 on: November 6, 2010, 04:16:55 pm »

Err he was taking the piss - obviously
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 6, 2010, 04:27:46 pm »

You're such a clueless whopper, Paul is not only the King's son but a great Red with passion and class. He held his Tongue for years but now he's free, he's able to say the things we all feel. But I guess it's hard to stay in touch on your moral Trojan horse.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17 on: November 6, 2010, 04:46:58 pm »
Bigger size means higher rentals and monthly commitments. I think the size, based on what I have seen from the photo seems alright. What's important is they can carry the full range of products and merchandise supporters would want.

Sometimes, the more profitable stores aren't always the biggest. :)

And rents in the City Centre down at the minute...the Victoria Square effect...

MAy have a chance, but if the ManU and Gers stores couldn't stay the course (althought the Rangers one was open for quite a few years) I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Obviously I'd LIKE it to do well....
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 6, 2010, 04:53:13 pm »
It's nice to be able to view the opening of new club stores in a positive light again rather than with disdain and urging everyone to boycott them like we had to until a few weeks ago! I'm sure it'll do well.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 6, 2010, 04:58:07 pm »
I don't even think I set foot in the last one once. I remember going to it and standing outside it at it's opening and seeing Robbie inside signing stuff. The problem with the old store is that it was tucked away in  a corner and but for the tiny sign, you wouldn't even know it was there. Does this one occupy the same building? If it does, it's probably already doomed to close.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 6, 2010, 05:31:06 pm »
Err he was taking the piss - obviously

The problem is that he talks so much bollocks, are you suggesting that he has a sense of humour
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline demons77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #21 on: November 6, 2010, 05:33:28 pm »
I don't even think I set foot in the last one once. I remember going to it and standing outside it at it's opening and seeing Robbie inside signing stuff. The problem with the old store is that it was tucked away in  a corner and but for the tiny sign, you wouldn't even know it was there. Does this one occupy the same building? If it does, it's probably already doomed to close.

No, the new store is situated just off Corn Market, right next to BHS. It has every opportunity of being a success because even though small there are options to develop it into a two floor shop or indeed  extend it further as the shop beside it is closing down shortly. It is not on the corner as Phil Thompson's shop was neither is it on the way out off the City Centre. It is smack bang in the middle of a busy street heading into the heart of Belfast's ever increasing business sector.

Offline Juan Kerr

• Main Stander
« Reply #22 on: November 6, 2010, 05:36:18 pm »

Its near USC, it should do a lot better than the last 1, i was only ever in the last 1 once myself.

Offline redmundial

• Kemlynite
« Reply #23 on: November 6, 2010, 05:40:31 pm »
The old shop was just down the street from corn market, in the same street as the celtic and rangers shops. I think the fact the new shopping centre is there might help, wouldve preferred to maybe see it in there though. As for Kenny opening the store, maybe he just fancied a jaunt over to see the place, its a crackin city after all

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 6, 2010, 05:46:36 pm »
The old shop was just down the street from corn market, in the same street as the celtic and rangers shops. I think the fact the new shopping centre is there might help, wouldve preferred to maybe see it in there though. As for Kenny opening the store, maybe he just fancied a jaunt over to see the place, its a crackin city after all
ok much better location then as there will be a lot of people passing on their way to Victoria Square. Even though the old one was only down the street it was out of the busy part of town and there was no Victoria Square

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #25 on: November 6, 2010, 05:48:41 pm »
The problem is that he talks so much bollocks, are you suggesting that he has a sense of humour

She's a fiesty one.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #26 on: November 6, 2010, 05:50:31 pm »
pauldalglish Paul Dalglish
I suppose it makes sense, he opened defenses all over Europe for 20 years. He could open a shop with his eyes closed!
4 Nov Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Paul Dalglish
fans, that have supported our family so much. It was a joke but i do think its a little sad he isn't involved in the game in a higher role!
»
Paul Dalglish
Just to be clear, i am not slagging my Dad off...he would do anything he could to help Liverpool and also to try and give a little back to..
»
Paul Dalglish
Kenny Dalglish coming to an ASDA near you soon.
»
Paul Dalglish
Just read my Dad is opening a club shop. Haha he kept that quiet. 13 League Titles and 3 European Cups and now a shop opener!.Sad!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 6, 2010, 05:51:50 pm »
Anyway that is enough from me about the King. Big game tonight for the Mighty Reds. I love a European night at Anfield.
»
Paul Dalglish
It seems that because he doesnt promote himself or publicly critisize others he misses out. Sad to see class and honour not rewarded.
»
Paul Dalglish
Also just to be clear, i am not stating a higher role at Liverpool. Just anywhere. One of the all time greats should be helping the game!

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #28 on: November 6, 2010, 05:52:33 pm »
I suppose it makes sense, he opened defenses all over Europe for 20 years. He could open a shop with his eyes closed!
»
Paul Dalglish
fans, that have supported our family so much. It was a joke but i do think its a little sad he isn't involved in the game in a higher role!
»
Paul Dalglish
Just to be clear, i am not slagging my Dad off...he would do anything he could to help Liverpool and also to try and give a little back to..
»
Paul Dalglish
»
Paul Dalglish
Just read my Dad is opening a club shop. Haha he kept that quiet. 13 League Titles and 3 European Cups and now a shop opener!.Sad!

I stand corrected.  Post removed. ;)
(still fucking hate Twitter. The single worse phrase to pop up these days, in here too, is '..... has twittered'. If I see 'Paul Dalglish has twittered' pre-empting anyone's opinion anymore, I think I'll cry)
« Last Edit: November 6, 2010, 05:54:26 pm by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 6, 2010, 06:49:40 pm »

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 6, 2010, 06:58:17 pm »
Is there a Liverpool store in Dublin or anywhere in the ROI?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 6, 2010, 07:23:55 pm »
Is there a Liverpool store in Dublin or anywhere in the ROI?
The ill-fated, never opened Parry/Ayre project on Northside - did it ever open?

The genius idea behind the signing of a certain Robert Keane Esq.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Dromared

• Main Stander
« Reply #32 on: November 6, 2010, 07:37:40 pm »
tried to get in to it today but was queued down the street. looks fairly small but in a high traffic area will defo do better than the other one which hidden away down the end of ann street.

Cool fm arseholes broadcasting from it today as well.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #33 on: November 6, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »
tried to get in to it today but was queued down the street. looks fairly small but in a high traffic area will defo do better than the other one which hidden away down the end of ann street.

Cool fm arseholes broadcasting from it today as well.
shocked belfast couldnt support a manu or rangers store...we will do very well to survive there if those 2 clubs dinnt.
Despite the media biased over here towards United we would still have the bigger support,plus the United shop wasnt an official one either.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline lammy64

• Kemlynite
« Reply #34 on: November 6, 2010, 08:21:18 pm »
Its a shop ffs 

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #35 on: November 6, 2010, 08:32:56 pm »
»
Paul Dalglish
»
Paul Dalglish
»
Paul Dalglish
»
Paul Dalglish

there is something about his constant tweeting about his dad that doesn't sit right with me. If kenny wants to open a shop thats up to him. If he dont then he shouldn't do it. I am not sure if paul's comments belittle that. Its not that I dont agree with the sentiment but if kenny has a problem he should be saying it. Paul seems like he is trying to grab his dads glory.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #36 on: November 6, 2010, 08:36:56 pm »
there is something about his constant tweeting about his dad that doesn't sit right with me. If kenny wants to open a shop thats up to him. If he dont then he shouldn't do it. I am not sure if paul's comments belittle that. Its not that I dont agree with the sentiment but if kenny has a problem he should be saying it. Paul seems like he is trying to grab his dads glory.

I just fucking hate Twitter and the way people use it as some kind or resource for their opinions.
How many times you come in here now and see 'well Tomkins Twittered' or 'Paul Dalglish twittered' to back up a post?

Harumph.

As someone said above, it's a shop for christ sake. So what? So he opened it? I'm sure no-one resents players when they do signings in shops, what's the fucking difference? Is that beneath THEM to do that? Does it all really matter that he opened it?

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #37 on: November 6, 2010, 08:40:47 pm »
I just fucking hate Twitter and the way people use it as some kind or resource for their opinions.
How many times you come in here now and see 'well Tomkins Twittered' or 'Paul Dalglish twittered' to back up a post?

Harumph.

As someone said above, it's a shop for christ sake. So what? So he opened it? I'm sure no-one resents players when they do signings in shops, what's the fucking difference? Is that beneath THEM to do that? Does it all really matter that he opened it?

I agree. And its too easy for many to take the twitter comments as some sort of gospel.

Its not a big deal opening a shop and it gives genuine fans a chance to meet an all time idol.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 6, 2010, 08:40:54 pm »

Mate you make it sounds like every 2nd "tweet" (I'm with you Paul_H, I hate that word!!!!) is about his dad. It's not , it is usually about liverpool though ;)

Being asked about my Dad and John Henry meeting or not meeting. I am not getting involved in that. Sorry.

STOP TRYING TO STEAL YOURS DAD'S GLORY!!!

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #39 on: November 6, 2010, 08:43:06 pm »
Mate you make it sounds like every 2nd "tweet" (I'm with you Paul_H, I hate that word!!!!)

THat's the one. 'Tweeted' not 'twittered' :D
You can tell I've never been near that site and never will!