Author Topic: Shaving  (Read 136553 times)

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Shaving
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2009, 08:42:50 pm »
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2009, 08:43:58 pm »
i use a fusion too and go a spotty mess. The fusion blades are meant to last 3 months! shaving is a bloody nightmare!
Might switch razor when my blades run out next time, just bought some more yesterday so will be alright for a couple of months i'd hope. If someone else is getting the same probems it might be the razor!
psn = Lents123

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2009, 08:47:34 pm »
Might switch razor when my blades run out next time, just bought some more yesterday so will be alright for a couple of months i'd hope. If someone else is getting the same probems it might be the razor!

in all seriousness pal, ive tried everything on the market, different razors, shaving creams, shaving gels, all the after products etc. None have made any differance. I went the docs a 6 months ago for the spots etc, and she gave me some anti-biotics which for the short term stopped them. now there back!
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2009, 08:55:55 pm »
in all seriousness pal, ive tried everything on the market, different razors, shaving creams, shaving gels, all the after products etc. None have made any differance. I went the docs a 6 months ago for the spots etc, and she gave me some anti-biotics which for the short term stopped them. now there back!
Do you shave properly? If you shave against the grain or if the razor is blunt it can cause those sort of problems. You might try going to a barber and getting it done by a pro, and see if that makes a difference, if it does you would then know its your regime that is a problem. Just beware if he offers you a 'happy ending' ;D
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2009, 08:59:49 pm »
Do you shave properly? If you shave against the grain or if the razor is blunt it can cause those sort of problems. You might try going to a barber and getting it done by a pro, and see if that makes a difference, if it does you would then know its your regime that is a problem. Just beware if he offers you a 'happy ending' ;D

Il take your advice and go to a barber. i do shave against the grain too.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2009, 09:00:17 pm »
Thanks for the advice mate! I'll perhaps try washing my face half way through the day at work aswell as morning and night or something see if that helps.
psn = Lents123

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2009, 09:03:31 pm »
once i used clippers to shavemy balls, i sliced through my ball bag, it hurt a lot

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2009, 09:17:16 pm »
Why not get a double sided one? Similar cut and safer.

Blades are cheap as well

Take it they still cut closer than a fusion..etc
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2009, 09:26:34 pm »
Me too! Then made the mistake, later on in the night of having a nice hot bath... :o

ooooh nasty!!!!

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2009, 10:03:32 pm »
Take it they still cut closer than a fusion..etc

Yep plus they don't dull because of clogged hairs after one swipe over your face.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2009, 10:10:33 pm »
Taken the plunge and brought a 38C version of the above...can't wait till it arrives and i have a manly shave ;D
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2009, 10:11:56 pm »
You have to admit he's good - those four he put past prove at Anfield prove that.

Just seen this ???

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2009, 10:14:37 pm »
Just seen this ???
Arse shavin I think.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2009, 10:21:58 pm »

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2009, 10:35:06 pm »
Jibbed my Mach 3 off ages ago for one of these. Well better imo.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2009, 10:40:20 pm »
What if i just trim with a set of clippers and put some Imac cream on. Would that work lol

Offline SpenceUK1968

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2009, 11:24:30 am »
Anyone here use a straight razor (cut throat).

Realy thinking of getting one, but scared i'll scar myself for life

Been using one for nearly a year now.
I wouldn't ever go back to another type of razor.

Cuts are very rare these days.
Buy yourself proper soap and a brush, a styptic pencil (to stop the bleeding) and some decent aftershave.

Strop the razor 40 or 50 times before you shave..take your time (10 mins when you start, 5 when you're proficient)

Don't shave in the bath (Cos if you rinse your blade near your tackle you WILL be sorry)

You won't regret it.

(I'd also point out that a 10 quid razor off ebay and a decent strop will work wonderfully well, there's no need to pay a hundred quid for one with an ivory handle unless you just want to be flash)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:30:48 pm by SpenceUK1968 »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2009, 12:44:33 pm »
What a timely bump - I had a Turkish hot slave today.
How I read your post. Was about to pm you for details.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2009, 12:45:09 pm »
What if i just trim with a set of clippers and put some Imac cream on. Would that work lol
Just think, you could shave your meat before you wash it.

*Runs*

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2009, 01:14:46 pm »
How I read your post. Was about to pm you for details.

I can still help out :wave

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2009, 01:16:18 pm »

Don't shave in the bath (Cos if you rince your blade near your tackle you WILL be sorry)

That sentence, nearly, very nearly made me physically sick

Offline SpenceUK1968

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2009, 01:31:23 pm »
That sentence, nearly, very nearly made me physically sick

It's ok, I sorted out my person that I find irritating spelling, now. ;D

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2009, 01:49:19 pm »
It's ok, I sorted out my person that I find irritating spelling, now. ;D

ah thank god, reads far better now ;)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2009, 01:50:29 pm »
I can still help out :wave
It's ok, I have my sources thanks  ;D  On a completely different note, I have a large canvas print hanging in my kitchen of your avatar.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2009, 01:52:01 pm »
It's ok, I have my sources thanks  ;D  On a completely different note, I have a large canvas print hanging in my kitchen of your avatar.

You've hung Kenny in your kitchen?  :o

OMG YOU KILLED KENNY  :no

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2009, 01:52:52 pm »
You've hung Kenny in your kitchen?  :o

OMG YOU KILLED KENNY  :no

:lmao

Robbie Fowler is rather well hung in my living room too  :-X

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2009, 06:19:11 pm »
Jibbed my Mach 3 off ages ago for one of these. Well better imo.

Same here mate.

Had it maybe 6 month and only changed the blade once and I didn't really need to (admittedly, I've only shaved about 4 times in that 6 month, but still...).

I am considering a barber's shave before next Thursday though, which will be just as novel as the haircut that comes with it.  Haven't paid for a haircut in about 6 years.  Can't be ripping it out with rusty clippers for the wedding though, so I've been told :(

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2009, 10:05:53 am »
I could not be arsed using one of those cut throat ones, seems like a ballache.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2009, 11:17:16 am »
I'd go to the barber more often but every time I get a shave, he uses one of those cheap knock off aftershave brands on my face and then suddenly it's not worth it.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2009, 09:53:47 pm »
Anyone here use a straight razor (cut throat).

Realy thinking of getting one, but scared i'll scar myself for life

I've got a couple. And yes, they are fucking scary. It's the closest shave you'll get, but that's mostly because when you use a cutthroat, you shave properly. Shower first or hot-towel your face; use pre-shave oil and top-quality shaving soap; and take EXTREME care while shaving. There are no nicks with a cutthroat: 1" is the smallest cut you'll get.

The problem is keeping them sharp. You need to get a cutthroat sharpened once or twice a year by someone who really know what they're doing (I can hardly sharpen a kitchen knife), and you have to strop the razor before each shave.

Thing is, it turns shaving more into a ritual than a chore. It's much more meditative, because you have to concentrate on what you're doing, rather than just getting it out of the way. There are a few good videos on YouTube showing you how to use a cutthroat. Most of them seem to alternate hands on each side of their face, and if you're a righty that might scare the shit out of you.

That said, on account of the sharpening issue (i.e. my cutthroats are currently too blunt), I usually use a Merkur like Dirty Harry posted above. All other things being equal, they don't shave as close as a brand new Fusion/Mach whatever, but again they have the advantage of your having to pay more attention because there's no swivel head (so you take more care), and the blades are cheap as chips, so you can afford to use a new blade more often. I use Personna blades. They're MUCH smoother than Merkur's own or the Wilki Sword ones you get. And as Harry said, you can shave longer stubble without instantly clogging the gaps between multiple blades and rendering the expensive razor head useless.

You want to get some Trumper's shaving cream and a decent brush, too. It may seem expensive, but a tub of their shaving cream lasts a couple of years (you only need a tiny dab on your brush for a bowl full of foam).
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2009, 10:01:36 pm »
I have decided to get laser hair removal for my facial hair. Been quoted about £400 for the full works.

I'm sick and tired of shaving every so often not to mention the razor rash, the ingrown hairs I get. Tried almost every trick under thee sun but to no avail.

Ca suffit!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:11:56 pm by Sorted!! »
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2009, 10:10:29 pm »
I'm trying to give it up
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2009, 10:13:44 pm »
I have decided to get laser hair removal for my facial hair. Been quoted about £400 for the full works.

I'm sick and tired of shaving every so often not to mention the razor rash, the ingrown hairs I get. Tried almost every trick under thee sun but to no avail.

Ca suffit!!
And when do you get your banana peeled?

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2009, 10:25:14 pm »
I usually use a Merkur like Dirty Harry posted above. All other things being equal, they don't shave as close as a brand new Fusion/Mach whatever,

It doesn't ???

From what i read before buying, it seemed cut throats give the best, followed by a straight razor e.g Merkur HD, then the Fusion?

Was the main reason i brought it lol

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2009, 10:27:09 pm »

Ca suffit!!

It's god telling you to grow a beard.

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2009, 10:27:32 pm »
I bought an epilator two weeks ago and already it's money well spent. My legs are still smooth and from what I can gather, it supposed to last around 4 weeks. Not as sore as I thought it was going to be either. I paid £70 for it, but when I consider how much I spend on a decent razor and blades and cream, it's definitely worth it.

Which one you got?? I treated myself to an epilator few months ago.   Fuckin hell the first time I used it It bloody killed!!!! But it's fine now.  Much better than shaving. But sometimes when the hair is growing back it itches like mad. Have   googled and apparently plenty of exfoliation is needed and witch hazel is good to put on after epilating.

Mines the last model before this new wet and dry one.

http://www.braun.com/us/silk-epil-epilators/silk-epil-xpressive/silk-epil-xpressive-models.html

Was in the sale in boots half price for £35
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2009, 11:28:16 pm »

Which one you got?? I treated myself to an epilator few months ago.   Fuckin hell the first time I used it It bloody killed!!!! But it's fine now.  Much better than shaving. But sometimes when the hair is growing back it itches like mad. Have   googled and apparently plenty of exfoliation is needed and witch hazel is good to put on after epilating.

Mines the last model before this new wet and dry one.

http://www.braun.com/us/silk-epil-epilators/silk-epil-xpressive/silk-epil-xpressive-models.html

Was in the sale in boots half price for £35

Prove it...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2009, 11:31:26 pm »

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2009, 11:32:27 pm »
???   prove what ?

That your legs are far smoother than they were.

I'm here all year...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2009, 11:35:36 pm »
That your legs are far smoother than they were.

I'm here all year...

Not many people see my legs. They might make an appearance in the summer :D

@gerrardspetal - twitter