Author Topic: Luis Suarez: I've found God  (Read 27003 times)

Offline BreakfastPercy

• Legacy Fan
  • Follow me: @BreakfastPercy
Luis Suarez: I've found God
« on: November 15, 2012, 10:46:09 pm »
There's a certain honesty that comes from mischief. We don't trust the pristine. Cristiano Ronaldo is handsome, talented, dedicated, and above all unloved. Mario Balotelli gets more adoration than an Everton loan signing. We like our angels to have dirty faces because it makes them all the more accessible; it kicks away the pedestal. What happens if you take that to its farthest reaches? Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you Luis Suarez: a man who doesn't just kick away the pedestal, he's a man who sets fire to it and puts out the blaze with his own victorious piss. What the fuck are you gonna do about it?

By demonstrating the raw determination of a born Kopite, Liverpool's little Uruguayan has not only given his fans the chance to live vicariously through him, he's also united opposition supporters in hatred. It's given Liverpool fans a flag round which to rally. So, thanks for that: we needed it. And it's a proper flag at that, not one of those placcy ones the cockneys use to plug the gaping emptiness that comes from being a Billionaire's wank sock. It's like family: nothing gets a warring family together like an outside threat. 'Nobody calls my brother an arsehole but me!'

And so Luis Suarez has fought off everything from Gollum's meanest stare to Ferguson's bottle-bank. The apologist Premier League currently finds itself in the precarious position of the wide-eyed Big Game Hunter who, having just missed the onrushing beast with his last poison dart, quietly evacuates into his own pants. The gnashing teeth and guttural roars as Luis Suarez hurtles towards them is what will now be their last rites. Are you happy now David Moyes? How about you Mr Ferguson?

Suarez is a lesson in the dangers of building man into monster. Hannibal Lecter could give the Nevilles' midwife nightmares in that mask, but stick a pink bow on him and all you have is 'The Silence of Bo Peep'. Here the Premier League has a beast at least partly of their own making, through continued and overt demonization. They say 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger', and Luis Suarez has faced hook, crook and book in England. But Luis isn't just alive, he's mutated into something more dangerous: Frankenstein's monster; a Uruguayan Werewolf in Liverpool; the big 'FUCK YOU!'

It should have all been so different. An eight match ban for racism was supposed to be the silver bullet. Above and beyond games missed, I remember claims that the incident highlighted 'the very worst of football Tribalism'. One man's ban apparently became the battle between good and evil. And so, watching England flap to a 4-2 defeat against Sweden, I thought of the delicious irony of how someone like Suarez could restore England's International lustre! How England could do with their own Pantomime Villain to add some umph.

International football in this country was already circling the toilet bowl by the time Michael Owen sold his soul to 'Ingerlund', so it's not just Liverpool fans who became increasingly unlikely to put up the St George bunting. National pride is the stuff of Churchill, of missed penalties and Gazza's tears, not midweek jaunts to give every man and his cat an England Cap in 'Meaningless Friendly 502'. When 'El Pistolero' was pilloried in the English media- and football in general- for being a 'racist', his Uruguyan countrymen closed ranks and stood shoulder to shoulder with him. When Suarez was accused of being a 'diver' by FIFA Vice-President Jim Boyce, the Uruguayan FA wrote to FIFA in a manner that can only be described as designed to make sphincters quiver. A big fuck-off handbook on how to rehabilitate the cowardly Three Lions lives and breaths in the never-say-die attitude of Luis Suarez, and yet still we form disorderly queues to feast on the entrails of our sportsmen.

England doesn't have a loveable rogue. They have a few wrong 'uns no doubt, but they're either vacuous to the point of inane or just a nasty shade of Nouveau Riche. Liverpool, however, have their first, properly mischievous little Git since Robbie Fowler was seen sniffing his way down the touchline. England never really appreciated Robbie, so there's no surprise that Suarez fails to fit the template too, and it remains to be seen what heights Suarez will soar to. How long he will stay? Part of the drama is watching a clinical trial unfold in front of us, because never before have the effects of playing every game like its your last been tested on the meager chassis of the human body. Can he last? Most players have either the talent or the attitude, Luis has an equal abundance of both. To watch Suarez is to watch inspiration grapple with perspiration like a freshly tweezed Jose Enrique in a cage match with his own sexuality.

We hope there's a good few chapters left to be written, but for now Liverpool have that cheeky goalscoring forward, around which all of the best hand-me-down stories are written. Journalists are surveying their broken greenhouses and politely asking if Luis can return stones to sender. What's great about this fella is that despite all the other bullshit in football, he makes sure there's no danger of Liverpool fans falling out of love with the game any time soon. No matter how hard the sky was falling, you'd never stop watching Robbie Fowler's Liverpool. And likewise, no matter how up the tits are, you'll never stop watching Luis Suarez' Liverpool. 'Drive fans away' my fucking arse! He has you so far off your seat you could get on the end of a Stoke through ball. Robbie Fowler will always be God, and he'll always be my hero, but -and I know pain may well follow- I think I'll tentatively announce his successor.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:13:01 pm by BreakfastPercy »

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
Re: Luis Suarez: I've found God
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:55:27 pm »
Really enjoyed that. :)
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 10:59:39 pm »
/snip

That's a beast of a post.

Befitting of Suarez, really.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too. One year we came second." - Bob Paisley

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 11:04:22 pm »
To watch Suarez is to watch inspiration grapple with perspiration like a freshly tweezed Jose Enrique in a cage match with his own sexuality.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

It is one belter of a post mate.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline xstoofer

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 11:05:40 pm »
Great post, noticed now that even the meffy "commentators" begrudgingly praise him. Normally something along the lines of " Suarez has his bad points but.." etc etc, c*nts..
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared
to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 11:09:31 pm »
Fantastic post

Offline Pendzo

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 11:09:35 pm »
THIS IS AMAZING  ;D

Offline "Ninja Skrtel"

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 11:27:52 pm »
Fantastic read! :D
"Behave yourself".

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 11:31:41 pm »
 :wellin
Justice For The 96

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 11:33:45 pm »
 :thumbup

Top post mate.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 11:42:19 pm »
 :wellin

belter of a post.  well in.  i am enjoying every minute we get to watch this lad play for us on the pitch, long may it continue. 

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 11:47:34 pm »
A really enjoyable post. Good work!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 11:48:47 pm »
:wellin mate!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Wildpool

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 11:50:40 pm »
 It's given Liverpool fans a flag round which to rally. So, thanks for that: we needed it. And it's a proper flag at that, not one of those placcy ones the cockneys use to plug the gaping emptiness that comes from being a Billionaire's wank sock.

;D hahaha made me laugh that
***JUSTICE***

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 11:51:26 pm »
Has he volunteered yet for Saturday?  I know he's deffo going to the game

;D

Nice read mate
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 12:03:06 am »
That post was gloriously entertaining. Bravo.

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 12:13:41 am »
Haha really enjoyed that well done

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 12:32:18 am »
Excellent post. Fuck the naysayers!
We are Liverpool!

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 12:38:51 am »
And it's a proper flag at that, not one of those placcy ones the cockneys use to plug the gaping emptiness that comes from being a Billionaire's wank sock.

:lmao

Fucking bravo, not enjoyed a post on here more than that in quite a while.

Offline kingkop182

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 12:48:25 am »
Brilliant, thanks!!

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 12:54:18 am »
Great post, fantastic read!  :wellin

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 01:22:35 am »
Great read and really well written!

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 01:32:46 am »
snip

What a belter of a post. Thank you for that!

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 01:33:09 am »
I think sometimes the opposition fans are more interested in booing Luis Suarez for the problems he had or because he's gone down for something than they are in their own team!

I love luis.
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 01:43:56 am »
Brilliantly written and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 01:55:59 am »
Amazing post. Except for the what doesn't kill you reference. It was a good movie dialogue in dark knight and then some fucker made a song out of it.

Anyway, great post. Apologies but I have been wanting to vent my anger at that song for a while. ;)

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
Luis Suarez: I've found God
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 02:13:34 am »
Really enjoyed that mate, well done. Another great piece of RAWK writing.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 02:25:22 am »
I echo the sentiments of the others, that was enjoyable. I really liked the last line too because that's how I feel.

Our most loved striker before Suarez was Torres and it was a different kind of attachment from our fanbase to him. We relied on him to pull us out of the mirk at times and we loved him for doing that, but with Suarez we've stood, as you say, shoulder to shoulder with him against the people who oppose him and we've fought his battles alongside him. We never had that with Torres. It's made him one of us and he knows it, and there's a different kind of bond.

I really, really hope with have a lot more years left with him. He plays for us like he grew up in the estates nearby dreaming of making it big at the club like Gerrard did, and it's really refreshing to see especially with all the off field shite that's gone on.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 02:57:58 am »
WOW mate that was brilliant.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 03:04:48 am »
Mischievous genius indeed. Even on his best behaviour he seems to wind up rival fans no end and evoke irrational outbursts of bitter rage. Look at the Wigan fella in the Spyin Kop, he's let our Luis get in his head and ended up loosing the plot and making an absolute arse of himself. Love it ;D

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2012, 03:28:48 am »
That is a high-energy post, superb, and I wish I hadn't quite locked onto the Enrique sexuality cage-fighting image  :-[. Hey-ho.

Luis Suarez is brilliant, eccentric, electrifying, he's a ball-wizard, he can make a whole stadium full of people rise up and shout, for him, against him, but he can make them all watch what he's doing.
He is what football is all about.

I agree with hitman, I love Luis.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 03:34:27 am »
What a brilliant opening post!

Really enjoyed that. You should write more often.
YWNA

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 04:09:11 am »
Great read.... ;D
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline Urugol

• Kemlynite
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 04:17:59 am »
I give to you Luis Suarez: a man who doesn't just kick away the pedestal, he's a man who sets fire to it and puts out the blaze with his own victorious piss. What the fuck are you gonna do about it?

Top post mate.  Loved this bit!

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 04:19:21 am »
Brilliant that. Great one Percy
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

royhendo

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 05:24:35 am »
Brilliant that - please keep em coming!

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 06:26:14 am »
Quality post, I think you'd have to say we are now polytheists (i.e. worship multiple Gods).

THERE IS A GOD, HIS NAME IS LUIS.

Offline Kopitian

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 06:36:43 am »
polytheists??

blasphemy.  For me i think jesus has always been my one true god

..but then i heard he took steroids for his resurrection.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 06:45:59 am »
Edgar Allan Poe would have been proud.

Suarez is Maradona, Fowler and Cantona rolled into one.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 07:03:50 am »
Fantastic stuff. Well played BreakfastP!