Author Topic: Are flares legal?  (Read 13859 times)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
Re: Are flares legal?
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 01:09:43 pm »
they should not be legal...im amazed how they still being used in various stadium
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 01:11:00 pm »
They look boss and they create a far better atmosphere.

All the bores who go they've got no place are probably the same people on here scrambling for a stream because they don't know where Anfield is.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 01:12:21 pm »
The mancs got one into Anfield when the Youth teams played a couple of years ago.

Personally they are classed as pyrotechnics/fireworks and should be treated as such.

They have no place in modern stadia

Sunday just ensured that our allocation will be reduced even further next season
modern stadia being these soulless, sterile, all seated grounds with ridiculous ticket prices and hundreds of rules and restrictions about pretty much anything resulting in having no atmosphere at all 90% of the time?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 01:16:05 pm »
They look boss and they create a far better atmosphere.

All the bores who go they've got no place are probably the same people on here scrambling for a stream because they don't know where Anfield is.
   ::)   Grow up.    There's a reason they're banned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-229590/Flare-scare-takes-shine-Kewells-big-night.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/flare-kills-football-fan-at-world-cup-qualifying-match-1505057.html

And this is coming from someone who's taken a flare in to a ground!

The look of them and atmosphere may well be great, but if you've ever held one, or been unfortunate enough to be under one, you might well think differently.

They are not just a few sparks, bright light and a bit of smoke you know.

They burn at several hundred degrees,(maybe even into the thousands) and give off sparks and ash like a f*cking volcano.

If you're unfortunate enough to be underneath the fallout of one of them, it's not very nice at all, as the ash puts pinhole burns in all your clothes, and the potential to set light to clothes and hair in extensive.

I suggest before you be an advocate of flares, at least experience them away from a densely populated and captive crowd, and know what you're actually talking about, before saying how great you think they are.

I've had experience of them in a crowd, and they may look nice, but believe you me, they're not one bit enjoyable for the people around you, who are cowering in all directions, to escape the fall-out.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:33:31 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 01:16:40 pm »
modern stadia being these soulless, sterile, all seated grounds with ridiculous ticket prices and hundreds of rules and restrictions about pretty much anything resulting in having no atmosphere at all 90% of the time?

Modern Stadia where every person has a seat in a safe environment to watch a game of football. Free from getting a blast of hot flare to the face or a lung full of smoke bomb. Only takes one small slip walking up and down those steps with zero visibility to do some real damage

Stadiums are only as soulless and sterile as the fans that occupy them. We shouldn't need explosives to get an atmosphere going.

I hope the guy who took that smoke flare into Old Trafford is found and faces the full extent of the law instead of feeling really smug and clever hiding in a crowd
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:18:54 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2013, 01:19:50 pm »
Modern Stadia where every person has a seat in a safe environment to watch a game of football. Free from getting a blast of hot flare to the face or a lung full of smoke bomb. Only takes one small slip walking up and down those steps with zero visibility to do some real damage

Stadiums are only as soulless and sterile as the fans that occupy them. We shouldn't need explosives to get an atmosphere going.

I hope the guy who took that smoke flare into Old Trafford is found and faces the full extent of the law instead of feeling really smug and clever hiding in a crowd
I don't agree but each to their own I guess...
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 01:55:57 pm »
Sunday was fucking class. Well in to the lad(s).

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 04:06:33 pm »
Which is all well and good if you want a banning order for a few years, and possibly even a lifetime ban from certain grounds.

Looking at your profile, you're 20?  Yes?

Trust me mate. At 20 years old, the last thing you need is a banning order, and to be on a Police watched list every time there's a match on.

I personally like flares and smoke bombs etc, and you can get them from various places.

Not that I'm going to tell you where like, as I wouldn't want to be seen to condone such behaviour.  :D
Ha ino what you mean mate i wouldnt have bottle to do it anyway i was just wondering to see how easy it is to get then and price of them i think the smoke bombs are gonna get quite popular
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”