Author Topic: Liverpool (0) vs (1) Villareal Europa League semi-final 2nd leg 5/5/16  (Read 60596 times)

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
So there managers gobbing off now :tosser i hope we stuff them
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
Marcelino: 'Anfield atmosphere will not affect Villarreal'

He's worried.

Reminds me of this :

We all know what happened that night ...

Let's have a repeat performance and fucking do these, Redmen !!!

« Last Edit: May 4, 2016, 10:56:35 pm by mersey_paradiso »
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
Can't say I'd antagonize Anfield before a big match. Marcelino talks a big game, but saying and doing are two different things. He is taking the piss if he thinks it will galvanize them to play better. 

There players where at it last week at the final whistle thought they had won the whole competition
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Denis Suarez is probably the player I fear most. Got that Coutinho-esque comfort on the ball.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
Denis Suarez is probably the player I fear most. Got that Coutinho-esque comfort on the ball.

Luckily you're not on the pitch then . ;)
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97

See how he does with Emre Can snapping at his heals.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
See how he does with Emre Can snapping at his heels legs off .

:D

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
See how he does with Emre Can snapping at his heals.
A 100% fit Can would somewhat put my mind at rest, but he won't start surely?

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan

If he's in the squad , he must be in contention . Here's hoping he's (almost) fully fit.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
Don't normally do formations but...

-------------Sturridge----------------
----Coutinho-------Firmino-----
-----Milner---Lucas----Can-----
Moreno---Toure---Lovren---Clyne
---------------Migs------------------

Milner and Can can get forward and are capable of covering for the fullbacks when they bomb on. Lucas Fills gaps.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Can't wait for this game... We need to get to the final, THERE'S NO OTHER OPTION LADS!!! NO OTHER OPTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN  :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf
« Last Edit: May 4, 2016, 11:42:36 pm by Zoomers »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..

I think he'll start personally. Been training for a few days. Might get 60-65. Hopefully we're comfortable by then.
YWNA

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
I think he'll start personally. Been training for a few days. Might get 60-65. Hopefully we're comfortable by then.

You're new to this aren't you? ;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
Praise be. It's another one of those Thursdays. Let's hope they've learnt their lesson from the Dortmund game and come out flying.

Offline Lar Salty

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Don't normally do formations but...

-------------Sturridge----------------
----Coutinho-------Firmino-----
-----Milner---Lucas----Can-----
Moreno---Toure---Lovren---Clyne
---------------Migs------------------

Milner and Can can get forward and are capable of covering for the fullbacks when they bomb on. Lucas Fills gaps.

I would absolutely LOVE to see this. No one in this eleven needs to be carried, and everyone in the midfield and attack is the type of player that makes everyone around them better by opening up space off the ball.

Online Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
You're new to this aren't you? ;D

Haha. Honestly this week has been hard waiting for this game.
YWNA

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
Dont worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gunna be alright! 8)

Cant wait for this... are fans meeting the team bus? i hope so

Offline MerseyMania

• Defiled for fantasticism.....
  • Anny Roader
The Atmosphere at Anfield is one thing and the players turning up is another aspect the Yellow Submarine has to counter. Am not saying the tie is there to be won as if its a walk in park but it is by no means over and by all means its even-stevens and in spite of the last minute goal, there is a certain advantage to Liverpool, should the crowd and players turn up..

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Haha. Honestly this week has been hard waiting for this game.

Quite!

Bloody hell. On a knife edge. Truly believe we've got the edge in class and skill, so it more or less comes down to heart and luck, which distills basically into the Kop being used as a fulcrum by the Ghosts of Anfield Nights.....

....and those guys hit for 3 in half an hour against Dortmund, Splendid Dual Form at the moment, the Kop and the Ghosts. It may be the crowd and not the team that shivers Spanish timbers and spines at the start.

Walk ON. YNWA. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
Hope we win the toss and attack the kop second half nothing like that on big European nights.
Kenny Godglish

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Win just two more matches in the Europa league and this season just turned info the most successful since the Benitez years.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
I know people bring up the Atletico match from 2010 but that same year we lost the first leg to a decent Lille team and won and did the same thing to a very strong Benfica team. We lost Torres for both legs against Atletico and it just ended up being a step too far.

A second comeback in a row is not asking too much and we have more depth this year than 2010, in attack at least. It will be tough, but I think we can do it. Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino all in on the action. Can has to start for me, even at 70% he is better at DM than his replacements. 
« Last Edit: May 5, 2016, 06:45:16 am by trimore »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Today's the day! Come on you redmen!

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
Don't forget; Coutinho was feeling sick last week and was nowhere near his best. A fit Coutinho, Can potentially playing, the Anfield crowd at its best, they're going to get twatted.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
Jumping on the gun question time:

Do we start our CL qualifying campaign in July 2016 or August 2016?

Sorry.. too excited. 19-0 to us.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
This is the day.

Lets give them the full Anfield experience and send em packing with fuck all.

Offline BogdanLFC

• Kemlynite
Jumping on the gun question time:

Do we start our CL qualifying campaign in July 2016 or August 2016?

Sorry.. too excited. 19-0 to us.

We're in the group stages pal

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
A silent prayer that we get that little bit of luck if it's needed.

I think both sides are better than they performed last week. If we can get an early goal it will really change their mindset and could affect them plus we seem to be so much better in games once we have scored and really take confidence from getting in front.

It won't be easy but we can do it. The old girl won't do it her on her own but if the boys start to perform on the pitch the crowd will respond and the magic dust will start to be sprinkled. It needs a lot of blind faith and alcohol inspired cheering and support on these nights to make it work.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Why the fuck have I read a few posts in this thread saying we 'need' to score 3? No. No we fucking don't. It's just factually incorrect. We need to score one. That's it. One goal and we are still in the tie after 90 minutes. Why are people so convinced they will score? They will be even more defensive than the first leg and they only managed a goal in the dying moments of that game after we stupidly and naively pushed foward too much and then failed to control the counter.

WE DON'T NEED TO SCORE THREE. Yes, IF they score then we will need to but to say we 'need' to before a ball is even kicked and before the first turnstile has been passed is silly talk.

Oh and, we will fucking twat these. They're shite. Make Anfield bounce people.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
We're in the group stages pal
Great! Do you know when and where the draw is taking place? and which pot we are in?
« Last Edit: May 5, 2016, 08:25:23 am by pjshaun »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Finally sinking in that we're one game from the final. Bring it the fuck on!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nervous? Excited? Pumped up? Fucking yes to everything. One more game and we are onto another European final.
Come on redmen!! Let's fucking flush these yellow turds!

Offline TobyLFC

• or not Toby LFC, that is the question
  • Kopite
  • Golf is amazing!
Let's give it everything in every corner of the pitch!

Liverpool 2-0 Villarreal

Milner 19'
Sturridge 44'

YNWA!!!
it comes down to reality, and it's fine with me cause I've let it slide...

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Will be leaving in a couple of hours to travel to the game and am currently going through alternating 10 minute periods where I'm convinced we'll batter 'em, followed by 10 mins of "fuck me, we're in shit here"  ;D :P

I've said 2-0 all along to us, 3-1 is more realistic though. I have no fucking clue. Just want this game over (on the positive side for us of course!!)

Don't leave anything behind on the pitch. Nothing. Do that and you'll be fine. Don't lose confidence or concentration. Same with the fans. Remember Dortmund? Let's make Anfield that again, preferably without the heart attack material though!

Come on Redmen. To glory we go.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
They're overrated shite who got lucky last week, we'll put it right tomorrow no sweat. Blitz these fuckers before they even get into time wasting mode....4-0 to us.
I wanted to post it,  but thought of doing it on match day,  but,  yeah...  4-0 (preferably before halftime)
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
European Semi Final, 2nd leg at Anfield...it's been too long and it feels great to be here. Tie very much in the balance but plenty of reasons for optimism.

One last big push and let's get ourselves back in the forefront of European football. Come on you Mighty Reds!

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Throw the kitchen sink at this and give 110%. Thats all I ask.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Last minute winner in a 3-1 win to us

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Last minute winner in a 3-1 win to us

Please no. Make it easier than that  ;D

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
Let's be honest, we're not going to do this the easy way are we? It's Europe and at Anfield. It's going to be a rollercoaster of nerves, negativity followed by excitement and positivity.

For once, I'd just like us to put the game to bed early doors and for me not to need an oxygen tank towards the end of the game ;D
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604