Author Topic: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article  (Read 196035 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article
« on: December 31, 2010, 09:22:33 pm »
Tony Barrett - The Times

Roy Hodgson has apologised to Liverpool fans for questioning their support, but his contrition has come too late to safeguard his future as manager after the club’s owner, Fenway Sports Group (FSG), determined that he is not the man to take the club forward.

Though Hodgson is only six months into the three-year contract he signed last summer, he will be ousted as soon as a high-calibre replacement can be identified and recruited.

The 63-year-old has made it clear that he will not tender his resignation despite presiding over Liverpool’s worst start to a season for 57 years and his relationship with the club’s supporters breaking down, so FSG will effectively take the decision out of his hands by actively targeting his successor.

Should the right man become available Hodgson’s departure will be confirmed before the end of the season, although FSG will continue to bide its time in a bid to ensure that the problems facing the club are not exacerbated by any short-term decisions, as was the case last summer after the removal of Rafael Benítez.

Hodgson was in damage-limitation mode yesterday, apologising to supporters for his assertion that they had failed to back him. But his remorse appeared to cut little ice, with an online petition calling for his immediate dismissal attracting more than 11,000 signatories and demanding “a manager of greater quality”.

Liverpool’s 1-0 defeat at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Wednesday was a setback too far for both fans and owners in a season in which embarrassing results have become a regular occurrence.

Hodgson attempted to build bridges before today’s home match against Bolton Wanderers. “It is a cliché but we do need time, patience and support, and the support from our fans at this club is of vital importance because that is what has made the club great through the years,” he said yesterday.

“We need that support and we need them [the supporters] to get behind us because things aren’t going well.”

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
Re: Roy to be Sacked. Sometime.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 09:25:45 pm »
Just resign you gimp

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 09:26:48 pm »
Manager out of his depth to lose his job shocker
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 09:27:33 pm »
Just resign you gimp

He's too arrogant for that but I agree
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline RuairiK

• Kopite
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 09:27:49 pm »
I dont understand this.... surely this just makes him worse. he knows he is for the bullet so doesnt care anymore (if he ever did). why not just sack him now?
I'd played at Anfield and I knew the crowd were fantastic. I knew there was a public just waiting. So I fought the battles inside and outside. I was interested in only one thing, success for the club. And that meant success for the people. I wanted results for the club, for the love of the game, to make the people happy

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 09:27:52 pm »
I really don't understand the wait. Very few people could do worse, even a caretaker.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 09:28:30 pm »
This is placating the fans following Wednesday evenings events. FSG know full well that identifying a new man is one thing (we've been doing this for how long on Rawk now?), securing him is totally another thing. Roy is here till the summer is my guess cos had they identified the 'right man' and he was not under contract Roy would be toast now but obviously the managers they're looking at are all under contract.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Much-Hyppia-Now

• Anny Roader
  • Go Red Sox!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 09:28:49 pm »
Cant see the players or fans buying this. How can a manager who has effectively been given a vote of no confidence stay in charge and hold any respect. What a mess.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 09:29:04 pm »
The owners should remove him NOW, get Kenny in at least till end of season and give the players a chance to start playing well and getting some points on the table.

If Hodgson isnt fit for the job now, he's not going to be nearer the end of the season, so why wait for more damage to be done?

Big error of judgement by the owners in my opinion
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 09:29:51 pm »
I'm going to venture that he will quit or they will sack him by the end of next week (okay, so I just hope this!).  Basically, they probably wanted to avoid having a fan uproar tomorrow at Anfield, so leaked this to the press as a message to fans that Roy's days are numbered.
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 09:30:41 pm »
If it takes a loss tomorrow for Hodge Podge to get the sack, then I'm very, very conflicted about tomorrow's match.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 09:30:52 pm »
So we have to tolerate Roy's management until the right replacement is found, just hope we're not relegated by then.

Offline Red4Lyfe

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Hope
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 09:31:00 pm »
he will be ousted as soon as a high-calibre replacement can be identified and recruited.

So not Kenny. Bet you they go through an 'exhaustive managerial search' and come up with O'Neill.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 09:32:00 pm »
I'm guessing Roy was told this someone over the last 24hrs as thismwould account for the 'I won't quit' headline SSN have had running all day.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 09:32:49 pm »
I know FSG has a plan in place, but why not just get rid of him now?

You have two capable candidates walking the streets of Liverpool already in Dalglish and Benitez, both of whom could do a better job with their eyes closed and mouths shut than Hodgson at the moment.

Unless H & W are trying to get the Hodge to fall on his sword by leaking the information and save money that way. Let's face it, Hodgson is going to be damaged goods and the sooner he leaves, the better it is for him to get a new job somewhere else. So he might as well resign.
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 09:33:55 pm »
Is this FSG's leak in hope that he resigns, forcing his hand so they don't have to pay his compensation?

He'll never resign though.

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 09:35:32 pm »
Abit confusing to tell you the truth , as someone has already said if hes not up to the job get rid - Kenny and Phil Thompson waiting in the wings you cant tell me they would do a worse job .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline SickBoy.no

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 09:35:46 pm »
So not Kenny. Bet you they go through an 'exhaustive managerial search' and come up with O'Neill.

That would piss me off almost as much as the Hodgson appointment. Him and Fat Sam should never, ever be mentioned together with our club.
Knife WREEEENCH

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 09:37:32 pm »
KENNY.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 09:37:33 pm »
how dare tony barrett treat one of europe's most respected coaches like this

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 09:37:39 pm »
They should do what ever it takes to lure Guardiola in the summer, then when he still says no they should look at Boas, Garrido or Benitez.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 09:38:00 pm »
He is too stubborn to resign, the player's performance tomorrow will be very interesting.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 09:38:33 pm »
Sounds like the Mark Hughes situation at Manchester City, hopefully we'll be seeing Roy waving farewell at 5 tomorrow.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 09:39:24 pm »
I'm going to stick my neck out here, Roy will not be in charge for FA cup tie at United.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 09:39:47 pm »
  JimBoardman  Jim Boardman
@
@Coops365 @paul_tomkins It's by Tony Barrett and it's safe to say he couldn't have got the info from a better source.
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 09:39:49 pm »
No way in hell he will resign.

Means giving up his £3mill and he ain't that stupid.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 09:40:13 pm »
If Roy is to be sacked soon, then I really really hope Kenny is given the job until the end of the season.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2010, 09:41:10 pm »
He is too stubborn to resign, the player's performance tomorrow will be very interesting.

Roy is a terrible manager. No doubts there.

But Gerrard is on £110,000+ A WEEK.

On Wednesday I went to the game and he couldn't be arsed

LFC Club Captain. £110k a week.

Can't be fucking arsed.

Not sure this is brilliant. Fucking hell. More money than I earn in 3 or 4 years. And he can't be arsed.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:09 pm »
I'm going to stick my neck out here, Roy will not be in charge for FA cup tie at United.

Hope you're right. PM me if you're in Libpool. A pint might be in order to celebrate..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:14 pm »
Sounds like the Mark Hughes situation at Manchester City, hopefully we'll be seeing Roy waving farewell at 5 tomorrow.

it wont be the same sort of wave tho

Offline Red4Lyfe

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Hope
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:26 pm »
If we had to choose an unemployed manager right now, Rijkaard please.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:39 pm »
It's an opening gambit. FSG aren't stupid. This is being leaked and they will wait to see what develops and then take whatever further action is necessary... If that involves removing Hodgson then that will happen.

My feeling is that this will make his position untenable and he will have to go. I assume FSG are intending will happen as well, but they are trying to do it in a way that appears they are not making a unilateral decision.

My take on it anyway..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:47 pm »
Cant see the players or fans buying this. How can a manager who has effectively been given a vote of no confidence stay in charge and hold any respect. What a mess.

This. Seriously a huge mess.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:54 pm »
Not bad for 6 months abject failure to walk away with £3m in your back pocket if you're sacked. Sometimes the football world astounds me.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:58 pm »

Can't be fucking arsed.

Not sure this is brilliant. Fucking hell. More money than I earn in 3 or 4 years. And he can't be arsed.

he couldnt be arsed last season either because rafa wouldnt lick his balls

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2010, 09:43:07 pm »

Can't be fucking arsed.

He wasn't the only one, the question remains why cant they be arsed?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2010, 09:43:27 pm »
Unemployed managers

Kenny
Rijkaard
Benitez
MON
Allardyce

who else is out of a job?

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 09:43:40 pm »
Put in a caretaker for fuck sake, we can still salvage our season as long as that gimp isn't in charge.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 09:43:55 pm »
Not sure why they just dont sack him now.
Its clear he is off one way or the other. Whether he likes it or not.

Bit weird.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 09:43:58 pm »
I hardly doubt a suitable candidate of NESV's liking will show up before the end of the season. The fact that they are unwilling to hand over the reigns to Kenny is disappointing.