Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 112657 times)

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #720 on: May 5, 2012, 08:29:48 pm »
Poor performance overall, but Carroll was the one bright thing in the final. Chelsea really tired in that last half hour as their marathon load of games caught up to them, but he really put himself about and caused them major concerns.

I am concerned that we had to resort to lumping it to the big man though, we are Liverpool Football Club and should be better than that.

Fuck it - lets win the last 2 league games and try to finish on a high, then look forward to the new season.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #721 on: May 5, 2012, 08:30:34 pm »
Can't beleive most fans are not upset about that decision if it is given we win the cup.

The thing I'm most upset about is how shocking that performance was. It was cagey from the beginning and we never looked like turning up, Reina should've done better for Ramires' goal but he shouldn't even have got through if Enrique, our defender, did his job and you know, defended. Instead, he let him get away instead of sticking a foot in.

Too many times this season have our performances embarrassed us. They've been quite disgraceful. I'm more pissed off and upset about that than one header that may or may not have crossed the line. We had 5+ corners in the last 20 minutes and we made nothing of them. We're the ones that fucked up, not the officials. 
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: May 5, 2012, 08:30:43 pm »
At least the nightmare of Torres scoring the winner didnt happen

He's returning to Anfield in a few days too. Can't wait for him to meet D.Agger's other elbow ;)
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #723 on: May 5, 2012, 08:30:48 pm »
Gutted. On the plus side, I have a LFC supporting double.

pmsl i saw that on tv and thought the same thing :lmao :lmao

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: May 5, 2012, 08:31:11 pm »
Well Torres must be happy having played a big part in the final.
Drogba is a cheat. Nothing else can be said about him. Thought except for the goal Skrtel had him in his pocket.
I kind of hate Mikel with passion. DIrty foul on Gerrard and how he wasnt banned for elboqing Tiote is beyond me. Ramirez is a prick aswell but for other reasons. Loved how Gerrard tackled the ugly boy Mata, who was whining.

Dowd on the other hand had a strange game and made some strange decisions.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2012, 08:34:09 pm by Bjinxi »

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #725 on: May 5, 2012, 08:31:28 pm »
I really don't want to be rude but Kenny was carrying the club and city on his shoulders when your mother was winding you over her shoulder, have a bit of fuckin respect lad.

I have all the respect in the world for Kenny.  No one embodies LFC anymore than the King himself.  It was a joke...get over your self-righteousness. 

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: May 5, 2012, 08:31:30 pm »
Our lads sang our national anthem loud and proud. YNWA!

Was probably one of the best parts of today. All our english players ignoring the anthem and Suarez and Enrique not even bothering to stand but were too busy warming up! :)
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: May 5, 2012, 08:31:54 pm »
Listening to Stan Collymore's show earlier, a Chelsea fan was bitching about the CL Semi 'ghost goal' and Stan rightly said to let it go, your team has just won a trophy, stop being bitter.
Wow, that was nice of José Mourinho to call in.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #728 on: May 5, 2012, 08:32:01 pm »
pmsl i saw that on tv and thought the same thing :lmao :lmao
Shit, I missed that entirely - was too busy focussing on the girl in the row infront ;D

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: May 5, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »
Well Torres must be happy having played a big part in the final.
Drogba is a cheat. Nothing else can be said about him. Thought except for the goal Skrtel had him in his pocket.
I kind of hate Mikel with passion. DIrty foul on Gerrard and how he wasnt banned for elboqing Tiote is beyond me. Ramirez is a prick aswell but for other reasons. Loved how Gerrard tackled the ugly boy Mata, who was whining.

Dowd on the other hand had a quite game and made some strange decisions.

presumably being kept fresh for their 'bigger' big final?

Offline TopChed

• Anny Roader
  • football without origi is nothing
« Reply #730 on: May 5, 2012, 08:32:09 pm »
Overall, there was a lot to enjoy when Carroll came on. But before that, my god was Spearing ever bad. 2 bad mistakes in the buildup of both Chelsea goals, and just generally offering nothing. It was more of what we saw from him against Fulham mid-week; terrible giveaways and a lack of intelligence.

There weren't a lot of other options at midfield, and that's probably the biggest problem with the team this year. We have nobody to play the Lucas role nearly as effective as 21 himself, unless we pull Gerrard back and create another hole further up.

As others have said, Carroll was boss. Good or bad, he's always desperate to impose himself on a game. And he's been winning everything in the air lately, and doing a great job holding play for everyone else. If this team gets a few more quality players and a bit of direction, Carroll could be great. I'd love to see him keep this up next year.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: May 5, 2012, 08:32:19 pm »
i saw someone in the first couple of pages saying that downing stepped up his game in the second half......kill me now.

Offline T-Bone

• Kopite
  • Oh, it's got cachet, baby!
« Reply #732 on: May 5, 2012, 08:32:28 pm »
He's returning to Anfield in a few days too. Can't wait for him to meet D.Agger's other elbow ;)
Why? What has he done to deserve that?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: May 5, 2012, 08:32:54 pm »
Give it a rest about Andy's ball, it didn't cross, we weren't robbed, there was no conspiracy. We lost because we played shit for 60 minutes, because our midfield was non existent for an hour of game play, because of wrong tactics at the start, because we woke up after they went 2-0. Playing 30 minutes brilliantly doesn't make up for doing fuck all in the first 60.

Overall, they were the better team and are deserved winner, massive changes needed in the summer if we don't want to fall behind our rivals more.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
« Reply #734 on: May 5, 2012, 08:33:11 pm »
We played bad for most of the game and nearly beat them i think Bayern will destroy them.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: May 5, 2012, 08:33:24 pm »
Can't beleive most fans are not upset about that decision if it is given we win the cup.

Errr... how can you know that?  It would have made it 2-2.  Momentum would have been with us, but it was certainly not a guarantee.

I'm gutted, but the decision was borderline.  We could, and should, have taken it to extra time, but we didn't.  There are things that need to be fixed, but rebuilding doesn't just happen overnight.  I'm proud of the team for the final 30 mins and for the fans for keeping singing even to the end.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: May 5, 2012, 08:33:32 pm »

think it is nailed on that Drogba will start in their CL Final and Torres the remaining pl games

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #737 on: May 5, 2012, 08:33:39 pm »
How many of these loosely termed fans having a go at Kenny for not starting Andy actually wanted Andy sold in January, as for a couple posting in this thread second goal went in and on Twitter one pieman said game over now, good job the team and especially Andy didn't think that.

It is onwards behind Kenny and the lads and if any don't fancy the ride well get off the bus!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #738 on: May 5, 2012, 08:33:48 pm »
The same Downing who, though woeful in the first half and let's face it most of the season, made the first goal and actually put a couple of half-decent crosses into the box in the second half?
Stewart Downing is a terrible player, TERRIBLE and if he stays in the club in the next season I'll surely be questioning Kenny.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline echis

• Main Stander
« Reply #739 on: May 5, 2012, 08:34:01 pm »
think this is pretty conclusive? it is for me
http://i.imgur.com/tUOat.png
I believe that's the one I made. And my opinion is that it is not conclusive at all. Still need to take into account the ball's distance from the line and crossbar, and you'll probably end up with just over half the ball crossing the line.

Offline ocecynwa

• Kopite
« Reply #740 on: May 5, 2012, 08:34:05 pm »
We may finished 7th, the same as the last 2 seasons, we've played teams off the park this season with no reward.

I'm convinced Kenny will put it right next season, with the addition of 2 or 3 new players.

Do you think he'll be allowed money to spend? His recent track record of spending money isn't that good.

And yes Andy was great today but he still should have scored that header!
Remember when we used to sing "we've got the best midfield in the world'? Not so much anymore.

Offline Wideboy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #741 on: May 5, 2012, 08:34:24 pm »
I booed with pride at showing what we think of this country that has fucked the city of Liverpool over many s times.

So if the team lets you down and doesn't perform, do you boo during YNWA?

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #742 on: May 5, 2012, 08:34:26 pm »
Embarrased at some of our fans on here. It used to be the fans that made this club unique. We should have more class. Some of you need to learn the meaning of the words loyalty and respect.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #743 on: May 5, 2012, 08:34:28 pm »
Why? Is it acceptable to finish 8th in the premier league? I certainly wasn't expecting to be a title challenging team this season but I thought that we would at least make some progress. He may have done it 20 seasons ago but some of his tactics have been questionable this season. If you think i'm a plastic cu*t go ahead and abuse me about it but it's not taken Di Matteo 18 month to change Chelsea to a down and out side to FA cup winners and Champions League finalists has it? End of Story.

Chelsea were never a 'down and out' side you muppet. AVB fucked up royally with a squad that should hav finished comfortably top twp or three and all de Matteo has done is let the old guard do what they have been doing for years. Chelsea have different problems to us - a whole load of aging players that need replacing soon. You're clearly too obsessed to see that.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #744 on: May 5, 2012, 08:34:55 pm »
Disnr think Carroll dis anything wrong with the 'goal'. Just a great save. Also thought Downing here into the game and with Carroll on and is herring on top ir made sense to keep him out there.wasn't to be

Offline bepoq

• a-lu-la!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #745 on: May 5, 2012, 08:35:06 pm »
I suggest that, if you were never actually good at heading the ball, you stop giving advice to one of the best headers of the ball in English football....

ah look, don't be a twat mate, I'm hurting too. I wasn't giving him advice, merely pointing out that he consistently goes the same direction on his headers, that it hasn't been working, and that usual coaching (I think, that's why there was a question mark after I said it) has you go back across the goalkeeper. Look, he was brilliant when he came on, entirely game changing. Played in a fashion I've never seen him manage for us. His control and hold up play were excellent, which has been my major criticism of him to now; scored a goal that I wouldn't have thought him capable of with a bit of skill I never thought to see from him, and entirely bossed their centre backs who were excellent up to then and are excellent in general. I'm simply pointing out something I'm confused by and that I think would improve him a great deal, though perhaps this isn't the time to do it, for which I apologise and I'll take my views off to a Carroll thread. No need to play the c*nt though.

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #746 on: May 5, 2012, 08:35:11 pm »
Today feels like the Athens Champions League final.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: May 5, 2012, 08:35:15 pm »

Nothing new. I never liked the way he left us. I kinda feel sorry for him actually, missing out on playing the final.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #748 on: May 5, 2012, 08:35:17 pm »
I respect your opinion supporting Kenny. I do disagree. I'm not the only one. However you language and of those calling other supporters "plastic c*nts" is unacceptable and you should be ashamed. Liverpool FC is greater than Kenny or any individual. So moderate your language and use arguments to formulate your opinion.
I support this team as much as you do but I think someone else should leads us into the next season. I laid my arguments, for this final (why we should have had Carroll start instead of Spearing in a 4-2-3-1) in the prematch thread without calling name or being offensive.

There is no other opinion than to support Kenny. You can call his decision into question but as for supporting Kenny, I do not see any other way and the reasons have nothing to do with football or even anything to do with this season. Apart from that you trust a manager to build a side and not chop and change unless you are a sugar daddy or a oil sheikh. As for the match itself, its a game. We won a game where we played for 6 minutes. We have lost games after playing 120mins. Its a game. The last 30 mins have shown some people that there is hope for next season.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #749 on: May 5, 2012, 08:35:22 pm »
That's because the camera is not in line. For guidance don't look at the posts, look at the goal-line and the ball is over. But it doesn't matter as I don't feel we really deserved it. Wholesale changes to be made in the next few months and some undeserving individuals shipped out and replaced properly- also wouldnt be surprised at all to see the King step down but that's for another thread.
Nope, even adjusting for the angle, that was never a goal.  We shouldn't lower ourselves to Chelsea's (and Mourinho's ) level.  That was NOT a goal.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: May 5, 2012, 08:35:37 pm »
i saw someone in the first couple of pages saying that downing stepped up his game in the second half......kill me now.

Well he did.  Just that his first half performance was so bad that there was no-where else to go but up...

Still.  He set up Andy's first and put a few half-decent crosses in.  So disappointed with him.  I was happy he was here, thought he'd by knocking the balls past players and beating them for pace every game, but he has seemed reluctant to do that.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: May 5, 2012, 08:35:53 pm »
Peter McDowall ‏ @Petermcdowall10
Fernando Torres has spent the last twenty minutes in the LFC dressing room, swapped shirts with Pepe Reina.

Even after a cup win, he still doesn't have any mates there.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #752 on: May 5, 2012, 08:36:02 pm »
Question: was it a goal? Was at the match and celebrated when Andy headed it. Convinced it was in. Was it?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: May 5, 2012, 08:36:24 pm »

He handed in a transfer request two hours before the transfer window closed, don´t you know..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #754 on: May 5, 2012, 08:36:24 pm »
How many of these loosely termed fans having a go at Kenny for not starting Andy actually wanted Andy sold in January, as for a couple posting in this thread second goal went in and on Twitter one pieman said game over now, good job the team and especially Andy didn't think that.

It is onwards behind Kenny and the lads and if any don't fancy the ride well get off the bus!

Let's take this and not return to RAWK until the start of next season. Downing and Kenny are going to take one hell of a beating tonight in here.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #755 on: May 5, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »
Stewart Downing is a terrible player, TERRIBLE and if he stays in the club in the next season I'll surely be questioning Kenny.

I think that is all any of us are saying...some players need to go.  To be completely honest, I'm scared to death about this summer's transfer window.  If we cannot get it right this summer, then things are only going to get much, much worse.  I'm just worried about the club that I love.  Here's to hoping we get it right this time...

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #756 on: May 5, 2012, 08:36:39 pm »

And as for the booing of the national anthem, that was beyond disgraceful!
any video for this?  The TV channel over here missed that part.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline desert red

• Main Stander
  • The Return of the King
« Reply #757 on: May 5, 2012, 08:36:40 pm »
The simple thing is that there is lots of work still to be done and as for being 3 players away from a team to challenging for a top  4 finish..  Were more like 6 that game started with 2 that should never be in red shirts

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #758 on: May 5, 2012, 08:37:06 pm »
Question: was it a goal? Was at the match and celebrated when Andy headed it. Convinced it was in. Was it?

No mate.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #759 on: May 5, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »
Was probably one of the best parts of today. All our english players ignoring the anthem and Suarez and Enrique not even bothering to stand but were too busy warming up! :)
No mate, that was piss poor.  Piss bloody poor.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.