Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2549906 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #43560 on: April 12, 2024, 09:46:55 am »
Had one last week. Prepped answers that I thought they'd ask. Such as company info and their morals. Then proceeded to get asked some completely irrelevant ones about "describe a time" nonsense.

Annoying. Mine is internal so at least I know what to expects you just have to spend a while thinking it through so that you know what to say.

Roles a grade up don’t come up that often where I work. And when they do, a lot of people go for them. This one is in the smallish team I’ve worked in for a few years now. I know that in theory I’m best placed for it. I’ve done the work before, worked in this area, know it well etc. But if I give one answer where I don’t give a clear example of what they ask for, score badly on it and then they just go off scores I could miss out on it.

There’s no room for just a general chat or questions about what I could bring to the role etc, just a very formulaic structure.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43561 on: April 12, 2024, 09:59:23 am »
Annoying. Mine is internal so at least I know what to expects you just have to spend a while thinking it through so that you know what to say.

Roles a grade up don’t come up that often where I work. And when they do, a lot of people go for them. This one is in the smallish team I’ve worked in for a few years now. I know that in theory I’m best placed for it. I’ve done the work before, worked in this area, know it well etc. But if I give one answer where I don’t give a clear example of what they ask for, score badly on it and then they just go off scores I could miss out on it.

There’s no room for just a general chat or questions about what I could bring to the role etc, just a very formulaic structure.

Whatever happened to will this person fit with the team and can they do they job? Why you end up with so many gobshites in roles they have to place being
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #43562 on: April 12, 2024, 12:42:34 pm »
Ammonium bicarbonate is an irritant to the skin, eyes and respiratory system. Short-term health effects may occur immediately or shortly after exposure to ammonium bicarbonate. Breathing ammonium bicarbonate can irritate the nose, throat and lungs causing coughing, wheezing and/or shortness of breath. Repeated exposure may cause bronchitis to develop with cough, and/or shortness of breath. Health effects can occur some time after exposure to ammonium bicarbonate and can last for months or years.

Why is this in so many biscuits?

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/mcvities-penguin-milk-chocolate-biscuit-bars-x14

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/mcvities-club-mint-chocolate-biscuit-bars-x7

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43563 on: April 12, 2024, 10:21:46 pm »
being unable to discuss football without getting dragged into a political free-for-all.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43564 on: April 13, 2024, 01:28:15 pm »
why are there so many movies these days based around supernatural stuff?  overdone, boring and lazy copycat film-making imo.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43565 on: April 13, 2024, 01:57:09 pm »
Had one last week. Prepped answers that I thought they'd ask. Such as company info and their morals. Then proceeded to get asked some completely irrelevant ones about "describe a time" nonsense.

I'm currently out of work due to redundancy and have been having a few interviews.  Fuck me, it's defo a client's market at the moment. With 20-odd years, of experience, its tough work even getting through the gatekeepers.

These competency questions are soul-destroying shit.  I just cant do them.

Heaven forbid how many hiring managers are getting sucked in by smart arses who can memorize a ton of competency answers made up of complete lies.

In all seriousness, I'm getting pretty down about it all.  Had an interview on Thursday for a Cybersecurity Project manager.  As far as I knew it was not competency based.

First question.  "Describe a time...."

fuck off.  Just got me 80 quid jobseekers so it's all just fucking great. :(

Whatever happened to will this person fit with the team and can they do they job? Why you end up with so many gobshites in roles they have to place being

Spot on fella's.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43566 on: April 13, 2024, 05:59:43 pm »
Sorry to hear that Pete. Being out of work is crap but just takes one phone call from a new best mate recruiter for something good to come up again. Chin up.

Describe a time when…

Hate that though. You dig deep, think of something, give all the spiel and halfway through think “this is a shit example” by which time it’s too late to start again so just have to keep blagging your way through. Awful stuff.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #43567 on: April 13, 2024, 06:13:42 pm »
STAR questioning , They are looking for the full well rounded response, mini stories. No issues to ask in an interview to let me have a moment to think of a response.

They're probing experience and demonstratable answers. I should know, I'm a fucking twat of an interviewer :D

I'm a twat every where in all honesty :lmao
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43568 on: April 13, 2024, 06:34:08 pm »
STAR questioning , They are looking for the full well rounded response, mini stories. No issues to ask in an interview to let me have a moment to think of a response.

They're probing experience and demonstratable answers. I should know, I'm a fucking twat of an interviewer :D

I'm a twat every where in all honesty :lmao

Haha, that’s the acronym I was thinking of. My last interview went well and I got offered the role. It was done over Teams so I was able to have a few sheets discreetly around the laptop to glance at with all my rehearsed answers on.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43569 on: April 13, 2024, 06:53:54 pm »
I would imagine there's a list of the "standard STAR interview questions" around somewhere?  from what I can remember, they are reasonable generic (i.e. not job-specific)?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43570 on: April 13, 2024, 06:55:24 pm »
I would imagine there's a list of the "standard STAR interview questions" around somewhere?  from what I can remember, they are reasonable generic (i.e. not job-specific)?

Where I am you find the questions on the internal website. There’s about 3 or 4 that they could ask for each category so you end up over preparing but at the same time, gives you no excuse do not being able to come up with stuff I guess. Just very time consuming.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43571 on: April 13, 2024, 09:31:15 pm »
For our interviews, we get told which competencies we'll be asked about.
The wording of the question isn't all that relevant. Just rhyme off an answer that meets all the milestones of the competency and it should be sufficient regardless of what the question is.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43572 on: April 14, 2024, 10:36:40 pm »
Out for a walk in a coastal area of Donegal, yesterday. Not that popular a route so never that busy, especially at this time of year. Had to pick up 5 large coffee cups that c*nts just dumped at their arse along the path.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #43573 on: April 16, 2024, 09:23:29 am »
NOWF LANDAAAN FOWEVAAAHHHHHH WOWEVA THE WEVVAAAHHHHH
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43574 on: April 16, 2024, 10:45:18 am »
Bound to have mentioned it before, but the attitude of youngsters these days in work. Lift etiquette is absolutely non existent.
Even after a sarcastic "No you go on ahead first" they're oblivious.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43575 on: April 16, 2024, 10:46:47 am »
Out for a walk in a coastal area of Donegal, yesterday. Not that popular a route so never that busy, especially at this time of year. Had to pick up 5 large coffee cups that c*nts just dumped at their arse along the path.
Really winds me up. I live in a village out in the countryside 5 mile south of The Metrocentre and people obviously get takeaway shite from McNasty's, Greggs and all the rest of those places at The Metrocentre then chuck their rubbish out the car window as they are passing through here.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43576 on: April 16, 2024, 11:11:04 am »
Bound to have mentioned it before, but the attitude of youngsters these days in work. Lift etiquette is absolutely non existent.
Even after a sarcastic "No you go on ahead first" they're oblivious.

There is building work going on by our post office and they have put in a temporary stairs, it is only narrow so when I going up it the other day a couple stood to one side waiting for me to pass when just as I got to the top this young lad barges past me as if I and the other couple weren't there. Much shaking of heads ensued.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43577 on: April 16, 2024, 07:07:57 pm »
People obsessed with having everything perfect especially when it requires controlling the elements and nature.

Somebody has just spent 4hrs trying to scrub moss off a tarmaced drive as "it looks horrendous" and is asking if there's anything she can use to get rid of it, that won't damage the tarmac before she "paints" it!!

What the actual fuck  :butt

You're fighting a losing battle there love.  Mosses are living organisms that will grow wherever the environment allows and no matter what you do, you can't prevent it.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43578 on: April 18, 2024, 10:58:48 am »
Baking soda kills moss. We get it on our driveway that gets barely any sunlight at all. Once every couple of years, sprinkle a load over the moss, wait for it to die after a few days then jetwas or brush the dead moss away. Job done.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43579 on: April 18, 2024, 11:04:50 am »
My girlfriend had to go for an eye test yesterday. The center where she had it is also a foodbank and while I was waiting this woman is brought two bags of food, she puts most of it into her packpack and the rest is in a carrier bag. When we are leaving the center we see the same woman putting the food from the carrier bag into the rubbish bin outside the foodbank.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43580 on: April 18, 2024, 11:33:07 am »
Baking soda kills moss. We get it on our driveway that gets barely any sunlight at all. Once every couple of years, sprinkle a load over the moss, wait for it to die after a few days then jetwas or brush the dead moss away. Job done.

Nice one, will try it. Back garden is west-facing so doesn't get loads of sun. Going to deck/flag the south end that's constantly in shadow and gets mossy every few months, stick the kid's toybox and that over there.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43581 on: Today at 12:05:28 am »
Big Tesco had a reduced shelf with loads of booze on, got some nice craft cans.

Picked up a bottle of white wine a third off, looked decent. Got it home, and it's Kosher wine. Nothing against the blessing, but it's only 5% :duh