Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990529 times)

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #10520 on: December 29, 2010, 08:45:40 pm »
Am on me hols, readin this on me fancy dan bberry, squintin like fck at the screen, hope I don't go blind playin with this.

There's been a little turbulance recently but readin this today is  the main reason I rawk the rawk,  love it in ere

Raisin a glass to absent friends.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10521 on: December 29, 2010, 09:52:53 pm »
If this guy doesn't resign tonight, I will seriously go loopy. Do the honourable thing Hodgson, you are way out of your depth.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
« Reply #10522 on: December 29, 2010, 10:22:32 pm »
If this guy doesn't resign tonight, I will seriously go loopy. Do the honourable thing Hodgson, you are way out of your depth.
I don't think he will. His mates in the media still think he's doing a great job - did you hear Andy Gray?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10523 on: December 29, 2010, 10:33:34 pm »
I don't think he will. His mates in the media still think he's doing a great job - did you hear Martin Tyler's Monkey?

Oh yeah I know all of Rafa's fault, didn't realise he was deciding our tactics, making us play so deep, that even a side like Wolves can't wait to come to Anfield now. That has to be one of the most appalling displays I have seen from a Liverpool side. What really gets me, though last year the media and some fans making the point, that no way were the team last year playing for Rafa. Well someone tell me that the team tonight were playing for England's number one manager, because if they are, I hope I am not around when they arn't playing for him. 

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10524 on: December 29, 2010, 10:34:47 pm »
I was gonna hitch it then got all the way got to keale and turned back.

All I had was 9 and a 1/2p, a black jack and a refresher. Thought it was best to come back. Plus, the French secret service were after me.

Bet you missed your mum too  :) Now black jacks and refreshers I can remember but apart from the half crown I haven't got a clue about shillings and pennies. 
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Kirkby Town

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10525 on: December 29, 2010, 10:47:28 pm »
Done plenty of hitching to the away's in the 70s and 80s. Me favourite was the 1980 semi-final against Arsenal at Hillsborough, left a club in town at about 3.00AM got home and changed and had a bite to eat, wandered down to the East Lancs and got a lift to The Rocket and a guy gave me a lift all the way to Sheffield from there.
I arrived in Sheffield at about 6.00AM, no ticket, no money, a local lad bought me a couple of pies as he was on his way to work which was very decent of him.
Met a few lads off the special who had tickets and managed to bunk in alongside them but got collared bunking onto the special going home so had to get the thumb out immediately.
As I was walking towards the main drag towards the motorway a window rolled down and 3 scouse lads asked if I was ok for a lift, I could'nt get in the motor fast enough as it was all kicking off then.The driver asked me where I lived and he very kindly dropped me off back at the East Lancs where I started, I was back in the house for me tea at 7.30 and back in the local for 8 so not bad in the end. 

Pheeny

« Reply #10526 on: December 29, 2010, 10:54:05 pm »
I'd close down the site except for this thread but then all them pesky kids would enter...

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10527 on: December 29, 2010, 11:13:35 pm »
I'd close down the site except for this thread but then all them pesky kids would enter...

Stay in here Pheeny, it'll keep you sane.  I've just ventured out and boy I'd hate to be a Mod on here tonight.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #10528 on: December 29, 2010, 11:16:39 pm »
Wrong type of day! He'll be blaming some Amazonian butterfly for flapping its wings next.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10529 on: December 29, 2010, 11:17:48 pm »
I know FS has been sent to the naughty step, but is Shanklyboy also missing in action? Haven't seen him in here for a few days.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10530 on: December 29, 2010, 11:22:13 pm »
Wrong type of day! He'll be blaming some Amazonian butterfly for flapping its wings next.

Are you a vet Doc., ducks yesterday, butterflies today?

I can't believe his comment about the fans leaving the ground upset ...... as VdM has just posted, FSG are in a corner now

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #10531 on: December 29, 2010, 11:22:26 pm »
Vic, after Shanks retired was he invited to travel to matches by the Club?

Think it was the bruges uefa final where Shanks was invited but was with the wives in a different hotel to the official party
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10532 on: December 29, 2010, 11:24:35 pm »
I know FS has been sent to the naughty step, but is Shanklyboy also missing in action? Haven't seen him in here for a few days.

Haven't seen him on here, since he opened a thread in the Feedback section. I hope he hasn't gone too.

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10533 on: December 29, 2010, 11:25:53 pm »
Haven't seen him on here, since he opened a thread in the Feedback section. I hope he hasn't gone too.
Me too. He is a class poster and there are too few of them around these days.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10534 on: December 29, 2010, 11:27:01 pm »
Me too. He is a class poster and there are too few of them around these days.

Too true.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10535 on: December 29, 2010, 11:32:53 pm »
Think it was the bruges uefa final where Shanks was invited but was with the wives in a different hotel to the official party

See John this is where I struggle at what seems to be a bit of harsh treatment for someone who did so much for us.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10536 on: December 29, 2010, 11:35:39 pm »
Are you a vet Doc., ducks yesterday, butterflies today?

I can't believe his comment about the fans leaving the ground upset ...... as VdM has just posted, FSG are in a corner now

We'd be  better off with almost anyone as caretaker manager at the moment - never mind Kenny. I dare not get more optimistic than that.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10537 on: December 29, 2010, 11:46:24 pm »
We'd be  better off with almost anyone as caretaker manager at the moment - never mind Kenny. I dare not get more optimistic than that.

Looks as though he has no support left out there tonight Doc, just been reading his latest comments, the man is embarrassing himself now, clinging on by the skin of his fingertips. 

The sad thing in all of this is that we as fans have been reduced to publicly calling for a Manager's head, we come across as being just as bad as any other club's fans now.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10538 on: December 29, 2010, 11:49:40 pm »
Looks as though he has no support left out there tonight Doc, just been reading his latest comments, the man is embarrassing himself now, clinging on by the skin of his fingertips. 

The sad thing in all of this is that we as fans have been reduced to publicly calling for a Manager's head, we come across as being just as bad as any other club's fans now.

The fact that we've never used the 'veto' before speaks volumes.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10539 on: December 30, 2010, 12:00:52 am »
i'm a reasonably auld get but I've got no real terms of reference for how to act or deal with the current shite we are faced with - even the owners debacle was pretty clear - they were bastards and had to go and we had to do whatever we could to make it happen - didn't do anywhere near as much as some but did what I could

with Roy what is the crack - he isn't an evil man bent on dragging every last dime out the club - he's a man completely out of his depth who refuses to acknowledge it - whos dragging the club down - his recent blaming of the fans for the problem in the mirror just shows this is going to go on and on - we need to cut him adrift  - he needs to be put out of our misery but how do we go about it - how do we make it happen?

whats the fuck is the plan? prayer?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10540 on: December 30, 2010, 12:06:22 am »
Sarcasm.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10541 on: December 30, 2010, 12:09:06 am »
i'm a reasonably auld get but I've got no real terms of reference for how to act or deal with the current shite we are faced with - even the owners debacle was pretty clear - they were bastards and had to go and we had to do whatever we could to make it happen - didn't do anywhere near as much as some but did what I could

with Roy what is the crack - he isn't an evil man bent on dragging every last dime out the club - he's a man completely out of his depth who refuses to acknowledge it - whos dragging the club down - his recent blaming of the fans for the problem in the mirror just shows this is going to go on and on - we need to cut him adrift  - he needs to be put out of our misery but how do we go about it - how do we make it happen?

whats the fuck is the plan? prayer?

Only place for me is Anfield with chants, banners (?) etc.  Even typing that doesn't seem right but he has no respect for us and he's too stubborn to go without being pushed but go he must.  Not sure he's deliberately dragging the club down but I think he's a little snide waiting for a big  pay cheque.

With that I'm off for the night, threads are moving too fast. 

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10542 on: December 30, 2010, 12:13:38 am »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #10543 on: December 30, 2010, 02:09:18 am »
Jesus wept...   

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.   :(

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #10544 on: December 30, 2010, 08:24:31 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/coh7n6dYj5Y?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/coh7n6dYj5Y?fs=1</a>

For us. :'(
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline kermit^^

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10545 on: December 30, 2010, 08:51:43 am »
Whoa, if I keep posting out there, I could be banned again very soon. Someone needs to drag back FS and SB back in. Need some motivation and hopes at dire time like this.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #10546 on: December 30, 2010, 10:16:47 am »
See John this is where I struggle at what seems to be a bit of harsh treatment for someone who did so much for us.

Yes JP he was treated shabbily by the club,

Finally after 20 months and after Liverpool had won the League again I was invited to travel with the club to Bruge for the second leg of the UEFA Cup Final. I accepted, because I didn't want anybody to think I was being petty, but it came too late for my peace of mind. I couldn't help wondering why it had taken them so long and I was not impressed with the arrangements they made for me in Bruge, where I was put into a different hotel to the one used by the official party. I found that quite insulting.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #10547 on: December 30, 2010, 10:22:52 am »
Not that old, merely supported the team for 27 years. An OOC even.

I need an asylum, and am hoping this is one. I've not witnessed anything like this before. Its bad where i am. People are angry, even though i am experiencing something even worse than anger and pain. Its apathy.

I can't even imagine how it is like at Merseyside.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10548 on: December 30, 2010, 10:26:47 am »
Yes JP he was treated shabbily by the club,

Finally after 20 months and after Liverpool had won the League again I was invited to travel with the club to Bruge for the second leg of the UEFA Cup Final. I accepted, because I didn't want anybody to think I was being petty, but it came too late for my peace of mind. I couldn't help wondering why it had taken them so long and I was not impressed with the arrangements they made for me in Bruge, where I was put into a different hotel to the one used by the official party. I found that quite insulting.

Really don't know how to answer this Vic if I'm honest, I'm numb this morning after last night but I'm stunned by those words.  To think he went, against his better judgement as it turned out, to be treated in my eyes as a second class citizen is astonishing. 

I know Shanks was a big personality Vic but a Club of our size could and should have afforded him the respect he'd not only earned but deserved.

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10549 on: December 30, 2010, 10:29:56 am »

That's because we are as bad as everyone else,and have been heading this way for years,Anfield is an embrrassment now,the Kop sitting in silence having a couple of thousand adenoidal subnormal  Brummie  types taking the piss for 90 minutes sums us up.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10550 on: December 30, 2010, 10:31:25 am »
Not that old, merely supported the team for 27 years. An OOC even.

I need an asylum, and am hoping this is one. I've not witnessed anything like this before. Its bad where i am. People are angry, even though i am experiencing something even worse than anger and pain. Its apathy.

I can't even imagine how it is like at Merseyside.

Not sure this is the right asylum for you Alvin, this is the lunatic one but welcome anyway.   :wave

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #10551 on: December 30, 2010, 10:34:31 am »
Not sure this is the right asylum for you Alvin, this is the lunatic one but welcome anyway.   :wave

Numb. Can't even put into words the very depth of my emotions.

For me, it started in the Newcastle game. They pop one in, i was barely flinching. Kuyt's lucky equalizer. Oh, alright. Minutes later, i simply switched off.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #10552 on: December 30, 2010, 10:54:09 am »
Really don't know how to answer this Vic if I'm honest, I'm numb this morning after last night but I'm stunned by those words.  To think he went, against his better judgement as it turned out, to be treated in my eyes as a second class citizen is astonishing. 

I know Shanks was a big personality Vic but a Club of our size could and should have afforded him the respect he'd not only earned but deserved.

Sadly folks we all need to remember that those who sit in boardrooms know jack shit about what's important to the fans. Far too many routinely interfered  because they had (and still have!) the money and the votes round the big table. The board of directors seem to have limited powers of recall about who the fuck delivered the success in whose afterglow they continued to bask undeservedly.

I have a long memory and the directors of football clubs when I were a lad were fucking clueless. At my club, after the astonishingly brave job done in  the aftermath of Munich by Jimmy Murphy as Matt Busby was at death's door in the Rechts der Isaar hospital those pillars of the establishment round the boardroom table ought to habe been hung,drawn and de-bollocked for their behaviour to Jimmy once Matt had returned to work.
During his time as caretaker through the club's darkest days, non-driver Jim was allocated a taxi to pick him up and ferry him to his duties focussed on saving  the club as chaos ensued. As soon as Matt was back at the helm and healthy though, Jimmy was told the taxi was stopping and he'd have to go back to coming on the bus!FFS!!
The immeasurable pomposity and ingratitude of these shitehawks defies understanding.... :no

Giants of the game gave the very essence of their being to the clubs they served with great distinction - there are far too many unsung heroes in the old game to list here but I think you can get my drift.

Shabby is not the word to use to describe how so many of them were treated after ahem "the Lord Mayor's show"  as it were.

The honour these guys earned by their vision, their strength of character, their belief in the right things must never be allowed to be diminished by the midgets in boardrooms.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10553 on: December 30, 2010, 10:55:48 am »

For me, it started in the Newcastle game. They pop one in, i was barely flinching. Kuyt's lucky equalizer. Oh, alright. Minutes later, i simply switched off.

The numbness for me started at the Sunderland game, who knows, maybe we've become more conditioned to it now.  We'd only gone to protest afterwards, that game was some eye-opener, we had absolutely no interest in it whatsoever, in fact we were that interested we couldn't wait for it to be over.

Thankfully I only watched the first half of the Newcastle game, had to drop my son off for a Christmas Party, my hubby said I drew the long straw on that one.

Sad, sad times. 

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10554 on: December 30, 2010, 10:55:55 am »
It does get worse JP, there is a bit more if you want to read it.

I soon realised that Liverpool preferred me to make my own arrangements, so that's what I started to do. I asked other clubs for tickets, sometimes when Liverpool were the visiting team and sometimes to see other teams play. I have not been short of invtations from other clubs either, Derby County invited me to a match, West Ham asked me to be their guest when they played Liverpool in the FA Cup.Ron Greenwood, West Hams general manager couldn't have been nicer, we even had a meal together. Tommy Docherty invited me to Old Trafford when Manchester United played Liverpool in a night match. Tommy invited me to have a meal with him in the restuarant and we enjoyed a wonderful hour of banter before the match. Sydney Reakes, the liverpool director said to Tommy "I see Bill Shankly is here", "Aye" said Tommy, "he's always welcome here".
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10555 on: December 30, 2010, 10:59:46 am »

you must be a sensitive soul if you kept caring about results that long

think something has to give now  though - i'm starting to get angry ( a good sign I think) its like the Zulu's have come back to finish us off after we've held 'em off all night - either the fat lady aka nesv sings or we go down fighting - surrender aint  an option

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #10556 on: December 30, 2010, 11:03:33 am »
A 16 year old boy just popped in. Supported for 6 years. I asked if he knows whats going on. "Dunno as much as you do, but Liverpool for life". Lovely.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10557 on: December 30, 2010, 11:05:52 am »
It does get worse JP, there is a bit more if you want to read it.

I soon realised that Liverpool preferred me to make my own arrangements, so that's what I started to do. I asked other clubs for tickets, sometimes when Liverpool were the visiting team and sometimes to see other teams play. I have not been short of invtations from other clubs either, Derby County invited me to a match, West Ham asked me to be their guest when they played Liverpool in the FA Cup.Ron Greenwood, West Hams general manager couldn't have been nicer, we even had a meal together. Tommy Docherty invited me to Old Trafford when Manchester United played Liverpool in a night match. Tommy invited me to have a meal with him in the restuarant and we enjoyed a wonderful hour of banter before the match. Sydney Reakes, the liverpool director said to Tommy "I see Bill Shankly is here", "Aye" said Tommy, "he's always welcome here".

but wasn't one of the problems that Bob didn't want the shadow of shanks (and he probably had a shadow that could walk and talk on its own) around the place?

such a strong personality the argument was players would have been torn and Bob wouldn't be able to lead wasn't it?

the issue then is how  do you treat the man with the respect he clearly deserved but keep him apart?

tricky that and  the club just didn't know how and took the easy option - very sad

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #10558 on: December 30, 2010, 11:06:10 am »

There's this thing (maybe just in Australia, I'm not sure) called The Tall Poppy Syndrome. Lesser mortals like to cut down those that have achieved. I'm thinking Shanks was a victim of that. Individuals did not have the guts to afford him respect.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10559 on: December 30, 2010, 11:06:34 am »
you must be a sensitive soul if you kept caring about results that long

think something has to give now  though - i'm starting to get angry ( a good sign I think) its like the Zulu's have come back to finish us off after we've held 'em off all night - either the fat lady aka nesv sings or we go down fighting - surrender aint  an option

Yep I have to agree with that