The Liverpool FC Forum > RAWK Announcements, Feedback & Questions

Tighter Moderating of the Main Board

(1/47) > >>

Sammy5IsAlive:
Given that this is the feedback forum I just thought that I'd feed back. A while ago, before I had ever registered, I pretty much spent all my time on the main LFC board. Now I barely visit (as a reader) and stick to the various Flagpole Corner boards.

For me, the main board is simply going round in circles. Almost every post seems to be related to the manager and/or the previous manager. Everyone seems to have already backed their man and no-one is listening to each other. If we have a positive result at the weekend there is an argument between people who say that they stand by their criticisms of the current manager and people who say that we should enjoy the win. When we have a poor result in midweek the same people are arguing. Each side will either draw on the most recent result as proof of their position or dismiss it as irrelevant compared to the wider picture.

I had originally thought of suggesting that the main board be locked entirely for 2/3 months. But I then remembered having seen a previous thread suggesting that and the reply was that this is a LFC board and as such the main 'club football' board would not be closed. Having thought about it I agree with that policy. The main board is still the first place that I go to when I see a quote from a player/when I want to know who is looking decent in the reserve team etc.

I would just suggest that the mods have a think about how to encourage constructive discussion on the board. Personally I would suggest restricting match discussion to the current Comms arrangement plus post game opinion pieces from some of the more respected and thoughtful posters (particularly those that attend the match). I would also suggest a block on all discussion of the management for a period until there is enough evidence for people to actually back up their opinions (in particular given the recent change of circumstances at the club).

I just feel that the current situation is just having the effect of entrenching everyones opinions. Every day there is a conflict which results in people clinging onto their various views even tighter. My feeling is that if there was a bit of an enforced break in all the arguments, people would maybe return a couple of months down the line with a bit more of an open mind. It's alot easier to pull back from a post you made 2 months ago than a post you made 2 days ago.

Anyway, as I said this is feedback, not a whinge or a demand. I just think it is a shame that I get so little pleasure at the moment from using the board that really should be the focus of my attention as a Liverpool supporter.     

Barney_Rubble:
We can only moderate what's put in front of us...

Barney_Rubble:

--- Quote from: Sammy5IsAlive on November 11, 2010, 01:13:44 am ---the mods have a think about how to encourage constructive discussion on the board.
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, well I'm all out of ideas.

Drug the tea or something?

Not having a pop, just at the situation. I don't disagree at all.

Barney_Rubble:

--- Quote from: Sammy5IsAlive on November 11, 2010, 01:13:44 am ---the current Comms arrangement
--- End quote ---

On that subject;

The reason for that is simple. The in-game threads were a total and utter waste of bandwidth.

Do we really need a topic so that people can go "this is shite", "he's shite him", "we're fucking shite", "bring on X, cos Y is shite" etc ad nauseum ?

Apart from the pathetic nature of them, nobody can possibly follow them anyway. It's just a place where people (who should have better fucking things to do when we've a match on!) can spew out some of the most pointless drivel ever seen on the internet.

Spectre:
He's got a point though. People have their agendas and stick to that , irrespective of what happens. It's a vicious circle of sorts. You get someone having a go at the present manager , then ya have a bloke coming in and defending him and having a go at the PREVIOUS manager , 10 more blokes coming to back up the first guy , 5 come in to vehemently defend the other view and it's all circular , Kekule's 'snake biting it's own arse' dream comes to mind.

Rewind, Play , Repeat.

But not sure what the Mods can do about it though, all things considered. If you stay behind the safety of 'guidelines' , you can keep posting crap all day and the Mods can do sweet FA about it.(Other than a corrosive custom title  :D)

I doubt it will ever change. It's the nature of the beast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version