Author Topic: A Philippe Coutinho thread - out of the woodwork they come, clockwork.  (Read 107147 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Sami Hyypia aside, has there been any better bargains than this lad for £7 million?

It seems to up his game constantly, remember when the lad couldn't shoot for shit?

Doing the business for Brazil now, our own little Brazilian maestro. He's become our most important attacking player by far.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/psoFk6hrb64" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/psoFk6hrb64</a>

20 minutes of Phil being good

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5mqBrEsolrk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5mqBrEsolrk</a>
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 05:45:56 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
I bet half of RAWK will see this as a challenge to be negative about the little magician.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
He'll be gone next year ;)

Love him, lads a genius!!!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
I hate his tattoos.
Xerxes MBE

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/psoFk6hrb64" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/psoFk6hrb64</a>

Looks strong there! Mexico are pretty rugged and he was bouncing of everything. Great to see!

Is he currently the most skilful Brazilian? He must be close.

Absolutely love him here. Must be up there with the best in terms of his ability to not lose the ball.

Best offseason news so far, starting for Brazil and playing a matchwinning role. That kind of thing can spur him on to greater things in the year ahead!

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
Had a good game against Honduras as well by all accounts, turning into a scary player, can score goals assist work hard and has the genius that very few players in the world have, everything from his ascension as a 14 year old being chased by Madrid, to his time here points to a player who could be one of the best players of his generation..

Wouldn't take anybody his age over him, i think he is as good as them all bar Neymar, and if he was playing for a leading side like say Pogba Isco or Gotze were, we would see more of this. What makes him particularly special is that he is such a gifted player yet so adaptable, he could play in a counter attacking team or could excel in a possession based team, could press and tackle, yet still keep his magic and not become a more robotic player in the pursuit of bettering his output like some players have.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice hockey assist for Brazil's goal last night, to add to his goal against Mexico. Fantastic turn on pass to Firmino for a shot the Honduran keeper saved, too. Very interested to see how he fits into the Brazil squad at the tournament - sub'd for Neymar last night and was playing central in a 4231.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
Coutinho and Firmino should have been in the squad 12 months ago :butt

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
We will sell him next summer for huge money and the owners will think it's a good thing.  Buy low, sell high. 

If we don't win a trophy AND get CL he's gone.  Kills me, but it's true.  He's going to win the CL some day and it's highly unlikely to be with LFC.
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
Looks strong there! Mexico are pretty rugged and he was bouncing of everything. Great to see!

Is he currently the most skilful Brazilian? He must be close.

Absolutely love him here. Must be up there with the best in terms of his ability to not lose the ball.

Best offseason news so far, starting for Brazil and playing a matchwinning role. That kind of thing can spur him on to greater things in the year ahead!

Hes the Brazilian 10 they've been craving for, i heard they love him over there and its no wonder, the pragmatism of the Euopean leagues hasn't managed to take his Brazilian flair and ingenuity out of him, what you get then is exactly how Pochettino described him when he came here, a Brazilian with a European work rate.

Build the side around him Neymar Firmino Felipe Anderson Marquinhos and they can go far in the next few years.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Can't believe he is only 23 (as of tomorrow). I fucking hope he is still here when he reaches his peak at 26/27/28. I think he'll become a club legend if he does. 

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
Coutinho against Honduras yesterday/this morning.

Already built up a connection with Felipe Luis and Firmino in the couple of games they've played together.

Must be a joy to play with, never mind watch.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Zi2rO7uYvHk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Zi2rO7uYvHk</a>

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I bet half of RAWK will see this as a challenge to be negative about the little magician.

:) Needs to score more goals and not switch off during games at times

Apart from that he is top draw.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
He's brilliant, just one of those footballers you love to watch.

Noticed Ronaldinho in the press staying he'd be perfect for Barca, expect that to ramp up in the next year, especially from his mate Neymar. They always do this shit
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
Lovely player, pure samba. Really enjoy his attitude towards the game. He can be a legend for us if he sticks around. If his form continues it is undeniable 'The Usual Suspect' clubs across Europe will come calling.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
:) Needs to score more goals and not switch off during games at times

Apart from that he is top draw.
Fordy you would make a boss manager lad, almost Benitezesque (finding the negatives in 'alomost perfect' performances).
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
I've been toying with creating this thread (in spite of the player thread ban) since about Nov last year, when he really hit his stride. I just knew that he'd get shot to pieces and it would drag everything down.

I couldn't figure out how to set this off on the right foot to prevent that from happening!

So... massive props to the OP for finding the perfect thread title. Absolutely LOVE it

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Barcelona player in twelve months...

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97

Source?
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan

We haven't heard that one before...

Positive?

You can talk about the player without speculation, Barca haven't even been linked yet, it seems some of you are hoping he goes Barca just as much, maybe so you could be another honorary supporter of the Barca and Luis Suarez/Mascherano fan club.

And say things like hes 'too good for us, we don't deserve him'

::)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 05:59:38 pm by Coolie High »

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan

I think that's the new way of saying "he's world class".

Yep good call mate. He is!

Edit: Maybe it's time for a new Auto Correct. Any use of "Barca will be in for him soon", or "he'll be off to Barca" etc = he's fucking world class and he's ours :scarf
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:08:48 pm by kcbworth »

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I love him, absolute joy to watch and will only improve.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
His hair is too wavey.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Far too greedy for me, just look at his goals, sure they're spectacular in nature, but they could have been laid off to someone to slot home, nooooo he'll curl it in from outside the box or shoot from ridiculous angles. I'm sure someone out there likes the flash and pomp. We should try get rid of him.

Offline xan21uk

• Main Stander
He's not very tall is he? I imagine he has to have help reaching things from the top shelf in a supermarket. Not what i'm looking for in a player.

Offline brownbear11

• Kopite
  • aht and aboot, ¡dale!
Some good corners in those Mexico highlights...hopefully he brings some of those back to LFC. Hits the first guy too often.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
Not big enough, needs more pies.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
Not big enough, needs more pies.

Did you watch the highlights? Looked like Torres in his pomp out there. Specimen!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did you watch the highlights? Looked like Torres in his pomp out there. Specimen!

Torres is 6'1" with flowing blonde locks.

Coutinho is 5'7" with curly hair.

Looks nothing like him.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
I heard he hates kittens.
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is why we need player threads back, the two above videos I'd of never seen anywhere else and it's good to see how boss he is.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He needs his fro back big time

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
Very good player. The only one who shouldn't be given a fail for this season.
Will be gone soon (sorry for the negativity)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Very good player. The only one who shouldn't be given a fail for this season.
Will be gone soon (sorry for the negativity)

Don't worry Copa America only lasts a couple of weeks.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seriously wtf, half of the posts are about him leaving. Yeah that's cool, heard the first negative bastard saying that already! Do you rest have to post the same shite?

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
A long term contract - didn't sign for 14 years did he  :no

Cheers
Jon

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A long term contract - didn't sign for 14 years did he  :no

Cheers
Jon

Maybe they meant the terms of the contract were long and involved?

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
I wonder how aware he is of his importance to us? His performances in his yellow and green kit could be key to attracting other players of a similar easiness on the eye in their playing skills. Tap up your team mates Philippe!
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
Tap up your team mates Philippe!

and say what exactly?

"Come to Merseyside....where you'll be underpaid, overworked, played out of position, and enjoy lovely Thursday night games in Ukraine!!" ;)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
My favourite player, just incredible to watch. His technique is unbelievable

Love that he shows some of his aggression on the pitch aswell