Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 118654 times)

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2015, 12:34:28 am »
One of my favourite players, all told. Clever, instinctive, technically gifted and off the ball, works his bollocks off!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2015, 12:35:34 am »
was the only one following that free kick in in case of a rebound, very clever play and he got his reward for it

Coutinho was following from the other side and skrtel was coming through the middle - but Lallana was the fastest one to react and timed his run beautifully

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2015, 01:34:27 am »
He has the quality to play better than he has done today, I think he needs and deserves to play a bit more often,only this way we can really see his qualities emerge.

He has been very limited by the recent injuries he picked up...very unlucky indeed.

His goal today was massive, his movement and the way he wanted the ball was nice to see!! glad for the lad!! and for us obviously ;D 8)

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2015, 01:38:51 am »
Worth noting that this is the second goal he's scored of a similar ilk. His goal against Leicester also demonstrated his ability to be one step ahead of most in terms of game intelligence.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2015, 01:42:31 am »
Worth noting that this is the second goal he's scored of a similar ilk. His goal against Leicester also demonstrated his ability to be one step ahead of most in terms of game intelligence.

He's a very intelligent player.  The free kick was well worked, with Studge and Skrtel splitting the wall.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2015, 05:18:10 am »
was the only one following that free kick in in case of a rebound, very clever play and he got his reward for it

Eh there was 3-4 players doing the same thing, I think it was definitely a plan of sorts.

I like the lad though, never understood the hate he's been getting, he's clearly talented and now we actually have depth, QUALITY depth for once!

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2015, 05:26:01 am »
Eh there was 3-4 players doing the same thing, I think it was definitely a plan of sorts.

I like the lad though, never understood the hate he's been getting, he's clearly talented and now we actually have depth, QUALITY depth for once!

I notice that now looking back at it, on first glance it seemed like he was the only one alert for it

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2015, 05:26:10 am »
No one can swivel like Lallana can ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2015, 05:33:00 am »
He has both technique and a desire to work his socks off every game. His numbers don't look too bad either. His non penalty goals and assist number is up there with best Attacking mids in PL.

Online Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2015, 05:45:51 am »
The bad rap he's getting is mostly numerological - 25,000,000. It blinds them to his obvious technical ability and game intelligence. Add to that the white square with an elongated red cross on it didn't help either.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2015, 09:21:19 am »

True, seemed rehearsed as it's not the first time a keepers spills Mario's free kick. Still it needs the application and it was spot on. The more goals/assists Lallana gets, the more he will grow into his role, I'm sure of it. 

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2015, 09:30:53 am »
dont think he played that well to be honest but i do like him. that herky jerky style of his and his close control are both pleasing on the eye

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2015, 09:36:03 am »
Has great turn, love the way he lets the ball do the work, kinda reminds me of Brooking in that respect

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2015, 09:52:56 am »
Smart player. A quality player on form. He will do well for us.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2015, 10:26:54 am »
Reminds me of Beardsley, looks like he could bring us as much success.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2015, 10:41:18 am »
Reminds me of Beardsley

Yeah, I can see that in him. Not quite at the same level as Pedro though.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2015, 10:52:35 am »
Two footed, well balanced, absolute delight of a footballer who is a perfect fit for what the manager requires.Things can only get better with him in the squad. He could do with giving Philippe and Raheem lessons on how to shoot with their weaker foot, whichever that one is in his case.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:24:22 am by Vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2015, 11:20:01 am »
He's a very intelligent player.  The free kick was well worked, with Studge and Skrtel splitting the wall.

I thought that whole thing was a clever idea. Twat the ball as hard as possible at the keeper, then send three players careering in to pick up the rebound.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2015, 11:20:58 am »
Two footed, well balanced, absolute delight of a footballer who is a perfect fit for what the manager requires.Things can only get better with him in the squad. He could do with giving Philippe and Raheem lessons on how to shoot with your weaker foot, whichever that one is in his case.

He could give them lessons on shooting with their stronger foot an all. One thing they both cant do is lace a ball and get it on target. lallana can hit a ball. One of the things a couple of players lack at times

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2015, 11:23:12 am »
he reacted so fast like a predator
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2015, 12:48:26 pm »
Reminds me of Beardsley, looks like he could bring us as much success.
To me mate, he's more of a Ray Kennedy.

Its not ideal to draw comparisons with past greats. But to me he's Ray Kennedy, but with a slightly different gait and turn of speed. Two great feet, brave, heads always up when running with the ball, intelligent, will weigh in with his fare share of goals and will create quite a few as well, will put his foot in when required - A managers dream, if we were to describe him briefly.

He's number 5 for me.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:57:53 pm by Kay Burley »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2015, 01:22:38 pm »
I think he's a fantastic player,with intelligence on the ball,good technique and pressing.He's been unlucky with injuries coming when he finally hits full fitness.

Personally i think Coutinho needs a rest he's looked leggy and still probably suffering with that knock against the bitters,i'd like to see Lallana starting games in the AM role.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2015, 05:23:13 pm »
Love watching him play - comfortable on his right or left foot, great awareness and balance, and plays the game with his head up.

He is perfectly suited for Liverpool FC and at 26 has his best years ahead of him as a midfielder.

Anyone suggesting he was overpriced (or that the fee should have been down-payment on a Suarez replacement) clearly don't understand what Rodgers is trying to achieve in the long term with this squad.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2015, 05:25:36 pm »
He's the kind of player that probably won't be too effected by ageing. Could still do what he does when he's in his 30s at a good level.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2015, 06:58:24 pm »
a decent player, not bad, but very good to have.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2015, 07:05:33 pm »
I think he was well worth the fee to be honest.

Like his style of play, skilful, good in tight spaces, eye for goal and decent at threading balls through tight defences. Kind of player that would have been great to have in 2008/9 side when we came up against some parked buses.
I even like his shit beard.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2015, 09:08:15 pm »
Good, solid player who just needs to add consistency to his game.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2015, 09:12:21 pm »
has been unlucky as he gets injured frequently. such an elegant player, i think we're still to see the best of him. we're developing a really good set of attacking midfielders now between coutinho, sterling, ibe, lallana and markovic.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2015, 09:13:46 pm »
Good, solid player who just needs to add consistency to his game.

When hes been fully fit hes been fairly consistent I thought.  Hes just picked up a few injuries here and there and unlike Sturridge  it just takes him a few games to get into the groove again.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2015, 09:28:57 pm »
When hes been fully fit hes been fairly consistent I thought.  Hes just picked up a few injuries here and there and unlike Sturridge  it just takes him a few games to get into the groove again.

Yeah he's very consistent

He has the best goal involvement (goals or assist) per 90 than anyone in our squad bar Sturridge including Sterling

He's been really really good as you say he's just been injured twice

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2015, 09:38:42 pm »
For a skilful player his balance is poor
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline RedGlen

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2015, 09:48:36 pm »

His balance is poor? You can't twist and turn and be so mobile on the ball like he is without some exceptional balance. If you mean when you see him slip - every player slips a few times a match, It's normal and expected. If that's not what you mean, could you clarify why you think his balance is poor?
01010011 01100001 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000001 01101100 01100010 01100001 00100001 00100000

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2015, 09:48:49 pm »
So we've compared him to brooking, beardsley and ray kennedy and nobody yet to his true " new(insert name)...a more attacking ronnie whelan.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2015, 11:26:48 pm »
So we've compared him to brooking, beardsley and ray kennedy and nobody yet to his true " new(insert name)...a more attacking ronnie whelan.

Litmanen. The easy way he collects the ball, the absolute balance over it. We haven't yet seen the best of him because of injury. But hopefully we're about to.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2015, 11:30:02 pm »

His balance is outrageously good. He turns so quickly a times.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2015, 11:32:01 pm »
One of those players you just love watching. He's so elegant on the ball.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2015, 11:33:57 pm »
Technically good, skillful and fits in to this type of team.

Also, and probably most importantly has a goal in him.
YWNA

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2015, 11:49:48 pm »

Not sure how you're seeing that.

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2015, 11:49:59 pm »
Yeah he's very consistent

He has the best goal involvement (goals or assist) per 90 than anyone in our squad bar Sturridge including Sterling

He's been really really good as you say he's just been injured twice

But but, he cost 25 million, you know!

When you compare him with the likes of Ander Herrera and what United paid for the latter, I'd say we've come out a lot better for the moment. Sure, Herrera has potential, but he won't contribute what Lallana does for us within the next 2 seasons, IMO.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2015, 01:24:31 am »
Well seeing's as we've been doing comparisons to former greats, what with the Kennedy, Brooking, Beardsley, Whelan shouts, i'm gonna pick up on a previous poster who said he has no balance as perhaps his most obvious attribute is his balance and grace when moving with the ball, all of which reminds me of the most balletic footballer to ever grace the beautiful game...i'm talking about the Dutch maestro Johan Cryuff, now obviously he doesn't quite have Cryuff's skillset but when he moves with the ball that is who Lallana most reminds me of.