Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3286672 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #10960 on: June 29, 2015, 06:54:12 pm »
I'm a bit behind on some of the shows but was listening to one of the AFQs driving home tonight, the one with the bit about replacing Lovren with a bag of sprouts. Christ, I was crying laughing as I was driving, absolutely hilarious! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #10961 on: June 29, 2015, 10:22:45 pm »
I finally had a chance to listen to the Parry interview.  Fascinating stuff.  I actually began to feel for him a little bit, prior to that I'd always bought into the idea that he was a clown.  Likewise, since '07 when I first read in the papers about the prospect of DIC buying the club, I had the idea in my head that had they bought us then, it would have seen us sailing off into the stratosphere, Man City style, but assuming what Parry said was close to the truth, it sounds as though they really fucked about, and that they wouldn't have been the dream owners I imagined them to be.  It's always good to hear a different perspective.

I had feared that TAW Player might prove to be too much of a good thing, but the shows seem to be going from strength to strength.

As for the 'middle class' shout, that's about the last thing that springs to my mind about the Wrap crowd.  It's funny that being called 'middle class' is regarded as such an insult anyway.  I couldn't really care less if Neil grew up in a leafy suburb or if Rob Gutmann went to Eton, as long as the shows provide the insights they do right now.

Agree with every single word, very nicely put.

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10962 on: June 30, 2015, 01:20:38 am »
About the 95/96 pod: Did McManaman really get 25 assists in the league that season? That's bananas. Incredible. He was phenomenal though, and pretty much the centre of everything we did offensively, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #10963 on: June 30, 2015, 03:39:09 am »
Love Neil, Guttman's great, Jay should be on more, Girling's boss....but Christ, that Kieran kid won't shut up and thinks he knows everything...also, Melissa obvs knows her onions, but has no voice for radio.

TAW has become what it is, as it's an entertaining, insightful podcast that never takes itself too seriously. I.e. A dead good night down the boozer with footy mates. The last two wouldn't be on the same table as the main posse. Bin.

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10964 on: June 30, 2015, 05:10:07 am »
Love Neil, Guttman's great, Jay should be on more, Girling's boss....but Christ, that Kieran kid won't shut up and thinks he knows everything...also, Melissa obvs knows her onions, but has no voice for radio.

TAW has become what it is, as it's an entertaining, insightful podcast that never takes itself too seriously. I.e. A dead good night down the boozer with footy mates. The last two wouldn't be on the same table as the main posse. Bin.

In my opinion Melissa turns each show into a must listen. If I want insight there are few if any better in the podcast squad.
If I want a trip down the boozer with my mates, I go down to the boozer, with my mates, and guess what, I get to join in with the conversation.
If I want to listen to a podcast that makes me think, re-evaluate, learn and have a laugh while doing so, then I listen to the anfield wrap, and among others including Gibbons, Gutman, and especially Neil, Melissa is a vital ingredient.
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline thew

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10965 on: June 30, 2015, 06:51:52 am »
Brilliant as ever - loving the "matron" gag!!! Hahaha !

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #10966 on: June 30, 2015, 07:16:54 am »
In my opinion Melissa turns each show into a must listen. If I want insight there are few if any better in the podcast squad.
If I want a trip down the boozer with my mates, I go down to the boozer, with my mates, and guess what, I get to join in with the conversation.
If I want to listen to a podcast that makes me think, re-evaluate, learn and have a laugh while doing so, then I listen to the anfield wrap, and among others including Gibbons, Gutman, and especially Neil, Melissa is a vital ingredient.
I agree. It really isn't like sat in a boozer as the chat gets too deep for that at times. The thinking that this lot are putting into the shows should not be underestimated.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #10967 on: June 30, 2015, 11:10:12 am »
Love the what we call history shows. Absolutely love them. My favourite show by far. Disagree with Mike though that Harkness was a good player.  ;D

Oh btw treat yourselves.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2q0a2p_liverpool-fc-season-review-1995-96-part-1of2_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2q0a25_liverpool-fc-season-review-1995-96-part-2of2_shortfilms

McManaman had a free role in that team, didn't he? Plus we must have loved shots outside the box.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:13:12 am by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #10968 on: June 30, 2015, 11:31:24 am »
Been very impressed with the content in general, but the Rick Parry show was brilliant. Easily the best thing TAW have ever done, compelling, insightful and it was nice to hear the negative aspect of DIC and how they wouldn't have solved all the problems.
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10969 on: June 30, 2015, 12:58:29 pm »
They have offered more analysis around the changing nature of football in this era and how it was intrinsically linked to cultural influences of the early to mid-90s.  By presenting the shows in this way they're not so much analysing the football of a particular season but rather they are offering an historical evaluation of why Liverpool find themselves in 2015 without a trophy in 25 years; pulling together the reasons why United pulled away from us in the early Sky era - the reality of which stings a little.
I loved the social commentary. People often view football in isolation but forget how football clubs are linked with their cities, communities and society as a whole. Players were now commercial entities and not just footballers kicking a ball around. Simon Hughes' Men in White Suits book is interesting as it talks about how players like Fowler and McManaman were doing magazine shoots and getting endorsements - a far cry from your image of the down-to-earth footballer from the 60s or 70s who you could just have a pint with down the local pub. Players were now harder to deal with as they started to realise their value and self-worth.

British culture was changing, this was the era of Britpop and Cool Britannia and after the trauma of the Thatcher years it seems we were living in a more self-confident country. You look back at the euphoria of Euro 96 and the Labour landslide of 97 as well so it was a very significant decade.

Did Liverpool fail to keep up with the changing commercial landscape of football ? Probably, but let's not forget at the time many fans were glad the club weren't this commercial machine that we are today and retained this traditionalist outlook - that we weren't going to be "one of them" clubs like United who very much embraced the new era.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #10970 on: June 30, 2015, 04:15:33 pm »
I have noticed that Melissa Reddy has a lot of referances to diarrhoea in her articles.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #10971 on: June 30, 2015, 04:26:51 pm »
That and her favourite word, clinical ;D

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #10972 on: June 30, 2015, 11:31:47 pm »
I dunno, you make it subscription and suddenly everyone's a critic.

Just caught up on the Rick Parry episode, which I agree is fantastic.  Top marks to whoever came up with that idea.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10973 on: June 30, 2015, 11:55:01 pm »
Rick Parry interview is fantastic. Well done all concerned including Rick.

His comment on Alves is an interesting one that Rafa felt it was better to go with 2 good players rather than one exceptional one. Building a squad to compete on four fronts, which he was expected to do after Istanbul, is fucking difficult and those are some of the tough decisions you need to make along the way. I wonder if he would do things differently if he had the chance. Something to bear in mind with the amount of stick Brendan is getting at the moment for the type of signings we made last summer. When you've got limited funds I think it takes a really brave manager to say we'll spend it all on 1-2 players rather than 3-4. That said both Rafa and Brendan's best teams have really consisted of a small squad of maybe 16 core players.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #10974 on: July 1, 2015, 12:20:09 am »
I dunno, you make it subscription and suddenly everyone's a critic.

Just caught up on the Rick Parry episode, which I agree is fantastic.  Top marks to whoever came up with that idea.

To be fair, most of our new shows have come from good advice/criticism, the minute you stop listening is the minute you fail.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #10975 on: July 1, 2015, 12:31:31 am »
The couple recently on the whining mingebags have been great, as was having a level headed if optimistic chat on the new assistant manager. Well done.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10976 on: July 1, 2015, 12:34:29 am »
To be fair, most of our new shows have come from good advice/criticism, the minute you stop listening is the minute you fail.

The club could learn a thing or two from you lads in that respect Andy !  ;) ;D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #10977 on: July 1, 2015, 10:34:43 am »
The couple recently on the whining mingebags have been great, as was having a level headed if optimistic chat on the new assistant manager. Well done.

Yep. As it was said, if you don't go to the ground to support your team but only to moan, what's the point? Think it's a worldwide phenomenon though and not something new either. I guess some people see it as a way to release the work/family tension and stress.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2015, 10:38:42 am by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline filthy1980

• tax dodger
  • Kopite
  • conspiracy shite
« Reply #10978 on: July 1, 2015, 01:02:59 pm »
Only signed up to TAW Player last week, don’t typically like monthly subscriptions but the Parry interview pushed me over the edge had to listen to it immediately, and I’m not disappointed as have been catching up on previous weeks episodes, and they’ve all been engaging and informative

Neil, Gibbons and Guttman are the standouts for me, really think Neil has the broadcasting talent for a much more mainstream audience and not just for LFC / football

Offline Red Skeleton

• Main Stander
« Reply #10979 on: July 1, 2015, 02:32:42 pm »
Yeah, all previous shows accessible.

Are previous shows available through iPhone podcast player or just by streaming from the website?  (I have a subscription.)

Great stuff!  Many thanks

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10980 on: July 1, 2015, 10:00:07 pm »
The reveiw of 95-96 is great. So much nostalgia for that season as it was the first one were i knew what was going off.

Great kit, the big v neck that always got ripped and the green and white square thing dazzled with Barnes's cream boots. The keeper kits were designed by the Fresh Prince.     

Remember going the game at Forest, Collymore having bodyguards and us getting beat ending a great run. Dan Eggen's heartbreak header, stung on sportscene, gutted, but the catchy theme helped ease the pain.

The irrational hatred of Steve Watson.

Fowler being a beast, up there with Del Piero as the big young talent. An exceptional team to watch, only the 13/14 team can compete with the verve and excitement that team caused. The Villa home game for me up there with Juventus and Arsenal last year for amazing starts. 

A decent keeper and we would have won something that year. United did a number on us in the final, marked McManaman and Keane was on it,  they knew if they went toe to toe with us they would get beat, we had the better attack which like 13-14 is the only time I could say that was the case.     

No time for caution.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10981 on: July 1, 2015, 10:51:50 pm »
Lately I haven`t been able to play the podcasts. Any chance of a direct link alternative like before?

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10982 on: July 1, 2015, 11:34:23 pm »
The reveiw of 95-96 is great. So much nostalgia for that season as it was the first one were i knew what was going off.

Great kit, the big v neck that always got ripped and the green and white square thing dazzled with Barnes's cream boots. The keeper kits were designed by the Fresh Prince.     

Remember going the game at Forest, Collymore having bodyguards and us getting beat ending a great run. Dan Eggen's heartbreak header, stung on sportscene, gutted, but the catchy theme helped ease the pain.

The irrational hatred of Steve Watson.

Fowler being a beast, up there with Del Piero as the big young talent. An exceptional team to watch, only the 13/14 team can compete with the verve and excitement that team caused. The Villa home game for me up there with Juventus and Arsenal last year for amazing starts.     

I agree with you but think it should probably be the other way round. 13/14 team outscored 95/6 by about 30 goals I think, almost 40 the year after. Anyone who saw Roy Evans' team will know just how remarkable those numbers are for Brendan's team because as you say we played really good football.

We had a really good set of players between 95 and 97. We should've won the league at least once, especially in 1997 when we led for so long and had an excellent defensive record too on top of a trio of Collymore/Fowler/McManaman that scared teams shitless. Lost opportunity.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10983 on: July 2, 2015, 12:02:31 am »
I have noticed that Melissa Reddy has a lot of referances to diarrhoea in her articles.
I've noticed she talks more sense than a significant amount of people in Anfield :)

Offline fcsantos

• Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #10984 on: July 2, 2015, 02:17:35 am »
Melissa Reddy is phenomenal, don't mean to be rude but only lady I've been able to listen to talk about Liverpool in tactical detail and sound like the bird off Prometheus all at the same time.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10985 on: July 2, 2015, 06:30:05 am »
Christ, that Kieran kid won't shut up and thinks he knows everything...also, Melissa obvs knows her onions, but has no voice for radio.

Kieran's voice did my head in. Sounded like he was yelling at an invisible friend. Melissa's articles are fantastic, but I can't listen to her anymore. Her voice is like a dog whistle. Just skip past her parts now. Overall, though, TAW player is fantastic, well worth the money, even with the brutal exchange rate for Aussies. I listen to every Tuesday review twice, have learnt loads from Sean Rogers.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10986 on: July 2, 2015, 09:01:09 am »
I agree. I think Melissa Reddy has interesting points.

Personally I will give a thumbs up to Gareth Roberts for the "And could he play shows".

The Gutmann/Roberts/Girling combination is a very good one. Bring in some Heaton now and then as well.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10987 on: July 2, 2015, 10:03:26 am »
^ the point she made about what Brendan really wants in his ideal team was really interesting (based on interviews and his dream team choices).  The Suarez / Sturridge axis being more of a compromise to leverage those two as opposed to what he would do given a free hand. And she said that Brendan told her that Swansea only played the way they did, with lots of possession and recycling, was because they didn't have the quality no. 10 and striker  to create chance after chance like we did in 13/14.

Offline the BIG fella

• Kopite
  • What We Achieve in Life, Echoes in Eternity
    • The RUSH Band - Manchester Live Wedding and Corporate Band UK
« Reply #10988 on: July 2, 2015, 01:07:00 pm »
I finally had a chance to listen to the Parry interview.  Fascinating stuff.  I actually began to feel for him a little bit, prior to that I'd always bought into the idea that he was a clown.  Likewise, since '07 when I first read in the papers about the prospect of DIC buying the club, I had the idea in my head that had they bought us then, it would have seen us sailing off into the stratosphere, Man City style, but assuming what Parry said was close to the truth, it sounds as though they really fucked about, and that they wouldn't have been the dream owners I imagined them to be.  It's always good to hear a different perspective.

I had feared that TAW Player might prove to be too much of a good thing, but the shows seem to be going from strength to strength.

As for the 'middle class' shout, that's about the last thing that springs to my mind about the Wrap crowd.  It's funny that being called 'middle class' is regarded as such an insult anyway.  I couldn't really care less if Neil grew up in a leafy suburb or if Rob Gutmann went to Eton, as long as the shows provide the insights they do right now.

Spot ON!
To book bands and live music visit
http://www.bandtube.co.uk

Equally if you need an amazing band for any Wedding or Event
The RUSH Band
http://www.therushband.co.uk
Listen - https://soundcloud.com/therushband

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #10989 on: July 2, 2015, 02:11:50 pm »
^ the point she made about what Brendan really wants in his ideal team was really interesting (based on interviews and his dream team choices).  The Suarez / Sturridge axis being more of a compromise to leverage those two as opposed to what he would do given a free hand. And she said that Brendan told her that Swansea only played the way they did, with lots of possession and recycling, was because they didn't have the quality no. 10 and striker  to create chance after chance like we did in 13/14.
And yet so ironic that the unwanted combo gave us such a goals and points tally. You would think attempting to retain as much of that as possible would seem like a solution. My additional twopence is shut the fuck up about the tone of someone's voice when they come on and provide valuable insight. It should not matter if they are male/female/straight/LGBT or even, dare I mention the unspeakable, supporters of other teams.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #10990 on: July 2, 2015, 05:00:42 pm »
I dunno, you make it subscription and suddenly everyone's a critic

If you pays yer money, you're entitled to your opinion - hence the whole point of TAW. Opinions.

I have nothing against Melissa, her articles are great - just her vocal delivery is horrible. Not every writer makes an orator.

The Kieran lad, however, made a load of Football Manager assumptions and seemed to think everything was geared around his viewpoint and was not really taking part in the discussion at all.

Good shout on the Parry interview, though, was great...and Gibbons was an ok deputy host for Neil.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10991 on: July 2, 2015, 07:37:00 pm »
Haha, I see the lads fell for the Balotelli to Stoke rumour on Gutmann In The Gutter.  At least they did so in an entertaining manner though.   ;D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10992 on: July 2, 2015, 08:04:57 pm »

Kieran's voice did my head in. Sounded like he was yelling at an invisible friend. Melissa's articles are fantastic, but I can't listen to her anymore. Her voice is like a dog whistle. Just skip past her parts now. Overall, though, TAW player is fantastic, well worth the money, even with the brutal exchange rate for Aussies. I listen to every Tuesday review twice, have learnt loads from Sean Rogers.

I'm like you. It's a shame, because she's knowledgeable but I can't listen to her for more than a minute before going nuts. I've stopped downloading shows she's on.

I know I'm in the very extreme minority on this one too, but I can't listen to Neil either. Too many monologues from him that seem to last for ages, with about 64 "I thinks" thrown in and 32 "This Idea".

Guttman, Gibbons, Heaton, Robbert are great for me. Also love Ben Johnson, cracks me up every time. He was unbelievably funny on the WWCH of 2010/11.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #10993 on: July 2, 2015, 08:31:55 pm »
Absolutely loving TAW player, best fiver I spend every month without question. Unbelievable value, really interesting tactical debates and insights to ludicrous transfer hopes (cheers Rob!) and fantastic nostalgia fests it really does cover all the bases, bloody brilliant. If the mainstream sports media was this consistently entertaining and insightful I'd have a few newspaper subscriptions but this (& football ramble) are fucking superb. As usual, leave it to the fans to give other fans what they want. Keep up the good work everyone, it is massively appreciated.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #10994 on: July 3, 2015, 03:12:12 am »
Hope I never get on, I've got a fucking speech impediment ;D

I see what you mean about her voice, but to me I would rather hear what she has to say than lose her valuable and appreciated input so it's fine with me.

I sometimes disagree with Neil but I could listen to him speak for ages, his rants are worth the subscription fee alone. In fact I struggle to find anyone I dislike, probably just the girl from the Rider as it's one of the only shows I don't listen to. Just don't find her particularly engaging but maybe that's because she doesn't like footie and beyond my niche music interests I'm not really into gigs, or Kanye West.

I'm at the point where I consume too much now, looking to download the old And Could He Plays and Season Reviews to fill gaps at work. When I'm laying tables for 100 people it certainly makes the job a lot easier. I tried to substitute TAW with other podcasts when I've got fuck all new in the TAW feed and some like Serial/Undisclosed have come close, but others are absolutely shite in comparison- I guess it's the laughing/joking natural bit of it that I like.

The best compliment I could give to TAW is at times it feels like I'm there in the room as well, listening, nodding, laughing, sharing knowing glances etc but not contributing verbally myself - perhaps say if you were welcomed to the table in the pub but just supped your pint. This is opposed to other podcasts I have listened to which are a bit blunt, devoid of any 'banter' (hate that word now) and to stretch the pub analogy I feel like I'm listening in to a conversation (albeit often interesting) below from the balcony above in a pub, stretching my ear as close as I can but hoping they don't see me listening in.

Though that's not to say that format of obvious exclusion can't work well though. For instance Graham Hunters one to one interviews with Strachan, Neville, Carragher and Kevin Bridges which I recommend people to check out are fantastic.

I guess it helps in that, some of the people I know who live near me who support Liverpool talk absolute bollocks, and rarely say much other than "we are shit", "Rodgers is crap" which turns me off. I said at the start, it's a sort of Sunday Supplement that used to be on Sky Sports (if it's still on, I won't ever be watching again), but just about your own club, with people who care and you trust to have actually watched the 90 minutes. So while sometimes I see tweets laughing at just how much content there is on there, like the time I think there was three Firmino pods etc, it fills a bit of a void.

Often I lurk rather than read, so you could also say it was a vocalised RAWK in some respects, but there's never been a need to lock an Anfield Wrap episode yet ;D
« Last Edit: July 3, 2015, 03:27:10 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
« Reply #10995 on: July 3, 2015, 03:44:02 am »
Melissa Reddy and Sean Rodgers are always good to listen to. Great insight from the pair of them.

Gareth Roberts is very natural and makes me laugh. Neil is just brilliant and extremely convincing in his arguments. (So far I think I agree with him on everything!)

TAW player is great. Thanks!

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #10997 on: July 3, 2015, 12:22:38 pm »
I know I'm in the very extreme minority on this one too, but I can't listen to Neil either. Too many monologues from him that seem to last for ages, with about 64 "I thinks" thrown in and 32 "This Idea".

Minority of one, methinks.

Neil is TAW. 

Andy and Gibbo are great partners because the 3 of 'em come across as best mates who know more collectively than anyone we know, but Neil is that brilliant weaver that elicits cogent points from his guests, yet still has his own strong opinions which are made without bombast or ego, which he has every right to display, but his Libpool background will not allow.

Speaks faster than the speed of sound.  Makes me wonder how fast his fucken brain moves!

Not a host, but a compere beyond compare.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2015, 01:40:01 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10998 on: July 3, 2015, 12:26:15 pm »
Minority of one, methinks.

Neil is TAW. 

Andy and Gibbo are great partners because the 3 of 'em come across as best mates who know more collectively than anyone we know, but Neil is that brilliant weaver that elicits cogent points from his guests, yet still has his own strong opinions which are made without bombast or ego, which he has every right too display, but his Libpool background will not allow.

Speaks faster than the speed of sound.  Makes me wonder how fast his fucken brain moves!

Not a host, but a compere beyond compare.
Yeah, Neil is an excellent host and it wouldn't surprise me to see him further his broadcasting career at some point. He's a natural.

Also I think some of the criticisms of Melissa's voice are just daft at best, and plain rude at worst.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10999 on: July 3, 2015, 12:38:35 pm »
Couple interesting articles up on the site:

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/07/liverpool-is-it-time-to-accept-reality/
http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/07/liverpool-time-to-accept-reality-a-reply/
I'm in the Coppack camp. Reality me arse.

Little's article sounds like someone who's just looking for an easy way to avoid disappointment year in year out. Understandable to a degree, and even reasonable given the facts and figures, but it's not for me. We should be used to disappointment by now, we've had 25 years of it. When fear of disappointment gets the better of you, you're already beat.