Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 101026 times)

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #80 on: July 4, 2011, 05:04:19 pm »
yep its definitely 3D
going to be working on it in a few months. cant wait

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: July 4, 2011, 05:20:34 pm »
Robin Hood was absolutely terrible, one of the worst films I've ever seen. But Body of Lies, American Gangster, Kingdom of Heaven, Black Hawk Down & Hannibal were all good. Particularly Kingdom of Heaven, I think thats the best film he has done in years, better than Gladiator even.

Really? I thought Kingdom of Heaven was painfully average. Mainly because Orlando Bloom has the charisma and acting ability of a stinking turd. I haven't seen the extended cut though which apparently improves it a bit.

Body of Lies, American Gangster, Hannibal, Matchstick Men and Black Hawk Down - all competently made but instantly forgettable for me. Black Hawk Down being the best of those though. Haven't seen A Good Year but apparently that's dreadful

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: July 4, 2011, 05:41:35 pm »
Looking forward to this. I always wondered why the "Space Jockey" was never expanded on in any of the sequals, like explaining what the fuck it was.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 4, 2011, 07:38:15 pm »
The Alien Anthology Blu Ray boxset is £19 on Amazon right now, bargain!
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #84 on: July 5, 2011, 12:56:59 am »
Really? I thought Kingdom of Heaven was painfully average. Mainly because Orlando Bloom has the charisma and acting ability of a stinking turd. I haven't seen the extended cut though which apparently improves it a bit.
Thats what I was talking about, its a totally different film in the sense of the story its 100 times better and makes a lot more sense. For instance, without spoilering it too much, there are scenes where its discussed how skilled a blacksmith he is particularly when it comes to warefare, that he has fought before and built seige towers and stuff, so later on when he takes command its not so stupid that he appears to know what he is doing.

As for the others, throughout his career Scott has made iconic films, but he has made just as many that are run of the mill, they all tend to be well made and pretty decent looking, but he cant make Alien or Blade Runner every time. I think sometimes he fails under the weight of expectation placed upon him, I know I expect every film to be as good or as good looking as Blade Runner and they cant always be. High hopes for Prometheus though.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #85 on: July 5, 2011, 12:42:39 pm »

Courtesy of the utterly brilliant: http://iwdrm.tumblr.com/
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Driver 8

• ...take a break
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #86 on: July 5, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »
Speaking of Ridley Scott, I'm reminded of this, possibly the greatest film he never made. Course, studio's attitude was if you think we're spending $100m on this you can fuck right off. Shame. I think it sounds great.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/may/06/nick-cave-rejected-gladiator-script

Fans have uncovered Nick Cave's script for the sequel to Ridley Scott's Gladiator, years after the idea was proposed and eventually dismissed.

Cave's supernatural, century-spanning screenplay, written at the request of star Russell Crowe, has to be one of the most bombastic, jaw-dropping might have beens in cinema.

Following the success of Gladiator, released in 2000, Crowe and Scott invited Cave to write a script for the sequel. They hoped that the macabre musician could find a creative solution to Gladiator 2's main hurdle – that Maximus, Crowe's character, dies at the end of the first film.

The Bad Seed certainly came up with an inventive solution. According to one blog's synopsis of the script, Crowe's Maximus meddles with Roman gods in the afterlife, is reincarnated, defends early Christians, reunites with his son, and ultimately lives forever – leading tanks in the second world war and even mucking around in the modern-day Pentagon.

Unfortunately, this was too daft for the studios. "We tried [to go with Cave's script]," Scott told UGO. "Russell didn't want to let it go, obviously, because it worked very well. When I say 'worked very well', I don't refer to success. I mean, as a piece it works very well. Storytelling, [it] works brilliantly. I think [Cave] enjoyed doing it, and I think it was one of those things that he thought, 'Well, maybe there's a sequel where we can adjust the fantasy and bring [Maximus] back from the dead.'"

After Cave's unsuccessful foray into Hollywood blockbusters, he has pursued smaller screenwriting gigs – including 2005's The Proposition – but mostly he has stuck to music. As Cave explained to Variety: "I'm very comfortable in my day job as a musician. The last thing I ever wanted to get involved with is Hollywood. The way it works is that people get an idea you could possibly do something, but there's a one-in-a-hundred chance that it could get made. It's a waste of fucking time, and I have a lot to do."

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 6, 2011, 11:47:18 am »
yep its definitely 3D
going to be working on it in a few months. cant wait

What are you up to, fella? Which department?

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 6, 2011, 12:03:04 pm »
Speaking of Ridley Scott, I'm reminded of this, possibly the greatest film he never made. Course, studio's attitude was if you think we're spending $100m on this you can fuck right off. Shame. I think it sounds great.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/may/06/nick-cave-rejected-gladiator-script

Hahaha, thats so bat shit crazy.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: July 6, 2011, 12:12:46 pm »
What are you up to, fella? Which department?

visual fx

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #90 on: July 6, 2011, 07:48:40 pm »
visual fx
Post production 3D?
i was gonna pipe in and say it's definitely not being filmed in 3D. a lot of my sometime colleagues are on this at the moment down in pinewood although i've not really been tapping them up for info. Yet. From what i gather it's all looking very impressive but i'm not into post production 3D.
I spent most of last year working on The Invention of Hugo Cabret, which was filmed in 3D entirely and it looked amazing. Was quite a novelty having 42 inch HD 3D monitors dotted around set and Having to wear 3D glasses to work although HD and 3D cameras are still relatively new and throw up their own unique problems. You can spot a stray hair on someone's shoulder at 40 paces! if you watch the film Public Enemies in HD you'll notice the strange lighting and non broken down costumes stand out like a sore thumb. at some points you can see makeup lines on the actors faces, you have to be so careful.

One film that seems to be creeping under the radar for next year is John Carter. disney pixar's first live action foray. Havent seen it mentioned anywhere on here (maybe it has been) but i reckon that'll be a big one. For me personally it was a pretty huge job and i cant wait to see the results! been biding my time about starting a thread as there's still very little publicity but no doubt someone will beat me to it now. it's scheduled for march 9th but filming was done a long time ago already. lots of post production animating to be done i guess.

« Last Edit: July 6, 2011, 07:54:01 pm by se9R.F.L »

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #91 on: July 6, 2011, 08:02:22 pm »
john Carter has been mentioned in passing. I know I'm looking forward to it, good to hear info about it.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
    • imdb
« Reply #92 on: July 6, 2011, 08:35:26 pm »
john Carter has been mentioned in passing. I know I'm looking forward to it, good to hear info about it.
I'm looking forward to it!
Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo) knows how to tell a story, and he was a really sound bloke. The original stories themselves have all the right ingredients to be fun for all the family and with the technology available now it should look fantastic! i know from our side (actual physical stuff) that we put in a hell of a lot of effort making it look good. It's just hard to say with films like that what they will do in the animating studios so it'll all be a surprise when it's finally released.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 6, 2011, 08:57:09 pm »
Think we'll hear a lot more about John Carter when the first images of it get out, which will no doubt look incredible. There was a fairly bland and featureless poster released not so long ago.

Bit annoyed they've already dropped the "of Mars" bit of the title

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: July 6, 2011, 11:34:33 pm »
Post production 3D?

One film that seems to be creeping under the radar for next year is John Carter.

nope. filmed in stereo. the stuff ive seen coming through has been at least. it might be a mixture of native stereo and post production conversion though as a few films have done that. The stuff we are working on is proper 3D though.

im starting work on john carter next week. basically looks like prince of persia with shitloads of aliens...(few bits ive seen anyway)
you worked in production on it?

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: July 6, 2011, 11:41:31 pm »
Great name.

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
    • imdb
« Reply #96 on: July 7, 2011, 03:08:56 am »
nope. filmed in stereo. the stuff ive seen coming through has been at least. it might be a mixture of native stereo and post production conversion though as a few films have done that. The stuff we are working on is proper 3D though.

im starting work on john carter next week. basically looks like prince of persia with shitloads of aliens...(few bits ive seen anyway)
you worked in production on it?
I worked in the leather workshop making costumes for the zodangan army. Was on set a bit. It definitely wasn't a 3d camera like the one we had on Hugo Cabret (a serious piece of kit!). i remember talking to people about it and the 3D idea was dropped and then re-instated later apparently. It's not the same technique as avatar i believe but you probably know more what you're talking about on that front than i do.
Think we'll hear a lot more about John Carter when the first images of it get out, which will no doubt look incredible. There was a fairly bland and featureless poster released not so long ago.

Bit annoyed they've already dropped the "of Mars" bit of the title
Yeah i saw the teaser poster but there's clearly a J a C and an M on there. maybe they will re-instate the "of mars" before it's released.
John Carter just sounds like Jerry Maguire or something.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 7, 2011, 05:14:48 am »
I worked in the leather workshop making costumes for the zodangan army.

Bang, great quote right there! Seriously, this has become a really interesting
thread now. I should have been aware of John Carter. Wonder, what you guys think: there has
The idea floated that 3D is losing its appeal at the box office, perhaps films like Hugo Cabret, Carter and the Scott will keep it alive for years to come?

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #98 on: July 7, 2011, 11:12:17 am »
thread now. I should have been aware of John Carter. Wonder, what you guys think: there has
The idea floated that 3D is losing its appeal at the box office, perhaps films like Hugo Cabret, Carter and the Scott will keep it alive for years to come?

theres just been too many crappy post conversions (ie clash of the titans, etc) and adding it in purely for money purposes rather than it having a real purpose. something like Cave of Forgotten Dreams is a good example of using 3D to enhance the film.

like any new technology or fad in cinema... hollywood will milk it dry. then youll just see it used sparingly where its beneficial. thats my hope anyway..... almost every project we have lined up for the next year or so is 3D though so its not gonna fade off just yet.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 7, 2011, 02:32:02 pm »

That is as bad as Michael Bay's Batman script.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #100 on: July 7, 2011, 03:07:57 pm »
I thought that too, looked god awful. Gladiator is fine as it, why do a sequel like that at all?

Also speaking of Ridley, I watched Black Rain last night, pretty decent but obviously not on par with his best work. Gotta give him credit for his subject diversity though.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 7, 2011, 04:06:29 pm »
visual fx

Coolio, will keep an eye for your posts.

Offline Driver 8

• ...take a break
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #102 on: July 7, 2011, 08:26:18 pm »
That is as bad as Michael Bay's Batman script.

So you've read Cave's script then? Scott - who is a much better judge of a screenplay than Michael Bay - calls it "brilliant" storytelling. That would have been good enough for me. Maybe it's cause I didn't like Gladiator all that much. Thought it was just okay, so if they made it crazy I wouldn't mind. Prefer that than some sequel where Shia the Beef or whoever is cast as Maximus's long lost son or some shit, and they just make the same story again, which is what I imagine a sequel would be like.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 8, 2011, 02:21:07 am »
You have deducted incorrectly in this instance. I refuse to call things randomly with the American way of saying things. This applies to items such as Films, Pavements, Taps, Cars, Fizzy Drinks and the like. The English dictionary contains many words which can describe all these things admirably.

(Unless you're American) do you say things like... drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel.

You are clearly educated enough on how we all talk, dude. No point in arguing with your gospel. Peace out, homeboy.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #104 on: July 8, 2011, 03:08:52 am »
Tis a fine post, but sure 'tis no rant, English.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #105 on: July 8, 2011, 10:19:14 am »
You are clearly educated enough on how we all talk, dude. No point in arguing with your gospel. Peace out, homeboy.

I'm not educated at all. I left school when I was 15.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 8, 2011, 03:53:38 pm »
I watched Alien on Blu Ray last night, tis a thing of beauty.

Although Veronica Cartwright's whiny whimpering in full surround sound was quite horrible.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: July 8, 2011, 05:31:08 pm »
I watched Alien on Blu Ray last night, tis a thing of beauty.

Although Veronica Cartwright's whiny whimpering in full surround sound was quite horrible.

she was gonna be ripley until the last minute before shooting. so maybe a bit of bitterness in the whining...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 8, 2011, 05:43:18 pm »
she was gonna be ripley until the last minute before shooting. so maybe a bit of bitterness in the whining...

I didn't know that, I think it would have been a very different film. She doesn't strike me as a leading actress type at all.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #109 on: July 8, 2011, 06:04:49 pm »
i think meryl streep was also in contention. which would have been weird.

the commentary on those dvds is really worth listening to. it could easily have been a very different (crappier) movie. ie ripley being male, john hurt replacing actor that got ill, etc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 8, 2011, 06:11:55 pm »
Yeah, I just got the boxset and I'm planning on watching all the extras this weekend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2011, 09:22:47 pm »
Post production 3D?
i was gonna pipe in and say it's definitely not being filmed in 3D. a lot of my sometime colleagues are on this at the moment down in pinewood although i've not really been tapping them up for info. Yet. From what i gather it's all looking very impressive but i'm not into post production 3D.
I spent most of last year working on The Invention of Hugo Cabret, which was filmed in 3D entirely and it looked amazing. Was quite a novelty having 42 inch HD 3D monitors dotted around set and Having to wear 3D glasses to work although HD and 3D cameras are still relatively new and throw up their own unique problems. You can spot a stray hair on someone's shoulder at 40 paces! if you watch the film Public Enemies in HD you'll notice the strange lighting and non broken down costumes stand out like a sore thumb. at some points you can see makeup lines on the actors faces, you have to be so careful.

One film that seems to be creeping under the radar for next year is John Carter. disney pixar's first live action foray. Havent seen it mentioned anywhere on here (maybe it has been) but i reckon that'll be a big one. For me personally it was a pretty huge job and i cant wait to see the results! been biding my time about starting a thread as there's still very little publicity but no doubt someone will beat me to it now. it's scheduled for march 9th but filming was done a long time ago already. lots of post production animating to be done i guess.

First trailer, it looks rather good! I thought it was going to be one of those CGI/MoCap type films so I'm pleased to see it looks like real sets and location photography.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Rf55GTEZ_E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6Rf55GTEZ_E</a>

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
    • imdb
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2011, 09:46:25 pm »
Wicked thanks! been waiting to see that. looks good.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2011, 03:11:35 pm »
Nice trailer apart from Jar Jar Binks cameo.

Oooh, cynical.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2011, 03:16:56 pm »
Nice trailer apart from Jar Jar Binks cameo.

Oooh, cynical.

Zing! :P

Looks like it could be a lot of fun or the next Green Lantern. You can tell the studios are terrified of showing any overt Sci Fi stuff in the trailer; Mars is never mentioned nor does it look very... Martian, they've dropped  the "Of Mars" bit of the title and the aliens are practically hidden from view.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2011, 05:39:33 pm »
First trailer, it looks rather good! I thought it was going to be one of those CGI/MoCap type films so I'm pleased to see it looks like real sets and location photography.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Rf55GTEZ_E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6Rf55GTEZ_E</a>

Sorry for not following the thread fully....is that a trailer for the Prometheus?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2011, 05:41:31 pm »
No it's a trailer for a different film and should have it's own thread. Does look good though I must say. More impressed by that than any of the other epic alien sci-fi films that have come out recently.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2011, 05:43:32 pm »
No it's a trailer for a different film and should have it's own thread. Does look good though I must say. More impressed by that than any of the other epic alien sci-fi films that have come out recently.
Ah thanks and thank fook for that...I thought it look non Alien-esq.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
    • imdb
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2011, 11:54:32 pm »
On topic, i can tell you that they're in Iceland filming at the moment.... Will try to find out some info.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2011, 08:18:15 am »
Footage has been screened at Comic Con!

Some mild spoilers about the characters I guess...

Sir Ridley Scott beamed in to Comic Con 2011 live from Iceland, where he’s finishing up the final days of shooting Prometheus, a film Fox keeps calling an ‘original science fiction epic’ that spins off from Alien. He dropped some interesting info about the film, but the real show was the presentation of footage.

What we saw was disconnected and fragmented, but atmospheric and beautiful. The design looks to be exactly midway between Alien - there’s a spaceship dining area that seems to be right off the Nostromo – and Blade Runner and every movie Blade Runner inspired. People wear huge retro bubble space helmets, and there’s some guy in a very 80s light up visor that is cool as hell.

But the big question: what is this movie? It’s without a doubt related to Alien, not just having the film’s DNA, as Scott has said. We saw a scene of people walking through what appeared to be an egg chamber like in the first film, but the eggs were cylindrical, and almost looked like vases. There was a shot of a platform that looks an awful lot like the Space Jockey platform from the first film, minus a Space Jockey. There’s also a lot of biomechanical looking stuff, all kinds of Giger-esque hallways.

We saw some of Michael Fassbender, who Scott confirmed is playing an android – including a shot of him crying. We see him taking a slimy thing out of one of the vase/eggs, looking at a drop of blood on his finger. Is it is his own? The alien’s? There was also footage of Charlize Theron doing naked push ups, and maybe in LeeLoo-esque rags (I’m not sure it was her), possibly being set on fire by a flamethrower.

The footage presentation ended with the Prometheus logo, burning in just like the original Alien logo.

So what the heck? Scott wouldn’t really say what the heck relationship Prometheus has to Alien, but he promised we would understand:

One big question [from the first film] was unanswered in any ALIEN film. That question is the only DNA from the original ALIEN. In the last few minutes of the movie you’ll understand what I’m talking about.

From what I saw, it could really be worth the wait.

Scott is shooting in native 3D, and he says that he’ll never go back to 2D.

I’ll never work without 3D again, even for small dialogue scenes. 3D opens up the universe even in a small dialogue scene.

He also addressed whether he would be taking Prometheus into a heavily digital FX direction:

Doug Trumbull once said to me ‘If you can do it live, do it live.’ That was 29 yrs ago. Even though we have remarkable digital capabilities I still say do it live. It’s cheaper.

That’s great news, and what we saw in the footage was all real, giant sets. Old fashioned in the best way.

Finally, the question arose of the film’s rating. As of now, Fox considers this a PG-13 release. Scott isn’t quite convinced.

I make sure to have both [PG-13 and R] options. At the end of the day Tom[Rothman] and I will both look at it in that big theater at Fox and we’ll decide which is best.

We’re rooting for the R, of course. Always.

More than ever this seems like an Alien prequel, probably the story of the Space Jockey in some fashion. I’m not sure why they’re so afraid of letting us know that, but whatever – the footage looks great, and I’m highly convinced.