Author Topic: Duffest foreign players we have had (but whom you inexplicably liked)  (Read 35802 times)

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Since the 'greatest foreign player at the club... ever!' proved so successful, I felt there was room for a thread on foreign players that you knew were utterly gash, but you somehow had a resonance with and spent every waking minute on an internet board defending, sure that their time would come... which it would sporadically to great outpourings of love...

The archetype being...

Of course there was also Kvarme, Meijer etc...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:12:29 pm by DonkeyWan »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Erik Trier.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Since the 'greatest foreign player at the club... ever!' proved so successful, I felt there was room for a thread on foreign players that you knew were utterly gash, but you somehow had a resonance with and spent every waking minute on an internet board defending, sure that their time would come... which it would sporadically to great outpourings of love...

The archetype being...

Of course there was also Kvarme, Meijer etc...

Loved Igor, remember the McAllister Derby, the turning point for us was when he got sent off.

We improved ten fold.

Cult figure isn't in it.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Phillip Degan - so underated.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
Christian Poulsen

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
Before he became an absolute legend in 2005, I was always a huge fan of Smicer's and would defend him.

I'd always remember a game against yernited where he tormented ratboy neville and the commentator goes something like "you know its going to be a long afternoon for neville" after he was beaten by Smicer again and again.

Pity he couldn't do it in enough games to convince everyone else though.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Vladimir Smicer.

I thought he was a decent player, sometimes his running with and without the ball was decent, good technique and always performed at international level. He was injured a lot and was light as a feather though.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
Ryan Babel to some extent.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
on smicer, i saw a best of video type an it surprised me how often he apeared to look  good who can forget that last gasp goal v chelsea in 2002?  honestly thought it was our  title that season.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
I loved Titi Camara to bits...come to think of it for a period of time he was as exciting to watch as Suarez is today.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Antonio Nunez.

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
Olyvind Leonhardsson
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
After his first few games I though Gregory Vignal was going to be really good for us. Now I can’t even remember why he fell by the wayside and why and when he left. Was it a lack of application? Or just not as good as those first impressions led us to believe.

I always liked and hoped Sinama-Pongolle would be a success here. What happened to him after leaving Atletico?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
Sean Dundee, not because I particularly liked him but that he's the only player I have ever seen dummy himself.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am Grkstav and I love Meelan Jovanovich. He is never given an opportunity. If they give him a run of games, he ll be as good as Lionel Messi. Don't mistake me when I say that, on a skill level no one can match Messi, but he will contribute to our team just as much as the Argentine.

;) ;)

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That Spanish lad who played up front for us earlier this season, you know the one, spent a lot of time sulking and looked a bit out of shape. 

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
IGOR !!!
i dont know why but i just always liked him. think i actually got him on the back of one of my shirts aswell. wasnt the best player in the world but will remember him for that goal at fulham :)
plus a few years ago when he was here when i played footie with my mates and scored a sweet volley or something we all used to shout IGOR :) dont really know why though cos he wasnt exactly prolific.
ohh well i will always have fond memories of him :)

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
That Spanish lad who played up front for us earlier this season, you know the one, spent a lot of time sulking and looked a bit out of shape. 
Pacheco?

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
Djimi and Igor are the closest for me, but they also represent a huge amount of frustration, how could we keep buying such shite players :duh

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
Never knew whether Djibs attitude was brilliant or shit. Could be either depending on his mood. But yeh I liked him.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:16:04 pm by Strummer77 »

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
Jean Michael Ferri

He was class - Ged's first signing I think.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
I'll sneak in with a non-foreign one. Heskey.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline The Jolly Boys Outing

• Legacy Fan
pellegrino and kvarme !
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
European Champion Djimi Traore is the most obvious. Love Babel for his ridiculous tweeting and all round craziness. Also used to like Sander Westerveld back in the day.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Speedy Gonzalez

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
European Champion Djimi Traore is the most obvious. Love Babel for his ridiculous tweeting and all round craziness. Also used to like Sander Westerveld back in the day.

To think he's won one and Arsenal and Chelsea NEVER have. We should rub that in next time we play them

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
To think he's won one and Arsenal and Chelsea NEVER have. We should rub that in next time we play them

Djimi Traore has won more European Cups than London :)

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
There's only one name for me - Vegard Heggem.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Karl Heinz riedle, i'd followed Dortmund all that season, i even had the illuminous dayglo yellow top, they won the european cup, i was made up to get him, but he just came here for his pension, massive disappointment.
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!

There's only one name for me - Vegard Heggem.

Ahh... Heggem.  The 90's version of Aurelio.   He'd play a game and then be injured for 6 weeks!

Amazing that he had a career total of less than 150 games and still got 20 international caps!

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
Litmanen and Traore
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
loved riedle, still think michael owen learned an awful lot from him.  the 4-2 v newcastle when riedle and owen got two each was his best game.   other faves were meijer, camara,westerveld and torben peichnik.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Yeah camara and Smicer. And Morientes.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
  • What I write is conspiracy nonsense
In terms of bad value for money, it's got to be Diouf, but I guess only his mum really likes him.

Cult figure? Got to be Djimi Traoré, must be the worst player ever to play a full Champions League final, let along winning it ;D His own goal at Burnley is another classic ;)
Mourinho to Spurs when Redknapp leaves, was a discussion I had with a friend in the pub last night. Possible.

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
Titi Camera/ Jari Litmanen/ Fernando Morientes

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
Pegguy Arpexhad. Probably just for his name.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
There is no doubt in my mind, of all the terrible players I've seen down the years, Djimi Traore is the worst. An atrocious footballer. His brain was 4 or 5 steps behind his body.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
Brad Friedel. Didn't like him while he was here, spent games looking like Kryton from Red Dwarf with his panic circuits engaged. But he was a terrific keeper for Blackburn.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On