Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 54232 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #320 on: August 23, 2011, 04:50:26 pm »
You don't get ping pong passing on fifa unless you use assisted controls,

Impossible to play ping pong 1 touch amazing passing on manual

Get on the PS3 and I'll show you that it is possible ;)

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2011, 05:18:15 pm »
Get on the PS3 and I'll show you that it is possible ;)

Who is the reigning Rawk Manual champion on Fifa..........
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: August 23, 2011, 05:19:42 pm »
Who is the reigning Rawk Manual champion on Fifa..........

That's it, next time I'm on, your arse is getting a kicking my friend :wave

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
« Reply #323 on: August 23, 2011, 06:17:58 pm »
I've been playing and patching it since yesterday.

Got Camp Nou instead of San Siro
Got crowd chants patched in cos the sound is always fuckin gash on PES
Time extender (From last year but works with this demo also if you change the .exe name to pes2012)
Pes2012 demo tweak (you can change more camera angles here, the pitchside one is the same as pes5&6 thank fuck so i've sorted me angle out for that)
You CAN disable the intro video by deleting pes12pv and pes12ci from the program files

If anyone wants the patches, you'll find them in the editing section on Evo-Web or on PESpatch, there are more coming out by the hour.

As for the game, as long as i go into 'Personal settings' and set everything to NO (assisted tackling and all that) then in 'cursor settings' set it to semi-assisted...then i'm as happy as a pig in shit at the moment. Just a shame that cos it's the demo, you have to reset it all after each match. I fucking hope and pray that 2v2 online is sorted out this time, the player switching on last year's was shit. 2v2 online is where the magic happens for me...and the getting pissed all saturday afternoon with me mate while we beat the French and the Germans.

I aint jizzing over it just yet as it's just a demo, but i'm happy with what i see so far. I haven't played last year's as much as i played PES5&6 cos i've got 3 sons now and not as much time, however i did enjoy the online Masterleague. As for my views after ONE day of playing the demo...

The AI has been improved enough for me to actually notice this time (they say it's improved every year but that was bullshit as far as i'm concerned) Players make better runs and the game is harder 1vCPU due to better defending AI
Dribbling is easier again which is good (fuck realistic dribbling I say, it's a fucking video game, it's supposed to be fun)
Penos are easier to take again thank god
Shitter teams seem not to be as super shit as recent years so you can actually play decent football with them
Being able to choose players to run on set pieces is a great addition
Keepers are ok so far and Jon Murphy says they aren't finished yet anyway (anything is better than the keepers on 2008 &09...again for me, fuck realism...it's a 10/15 minute video game, i'll accept the odd keeper fuck up, there isn't as many as people moan about)

Heres my one good goal so far vs Utd
http://www.youtube.com/user/BURNAREDS#p/a/u/0/UC9DIYICG4I
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:25:03 pm by BURNA »

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
« Reply #324 on: August 23, 2011, 07:18:14 pm »
yeah then i can kick your ass again

Don't be silly Mr Adriano whore. Don't make me crack out me recordings again....

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2011, 08:41:34 pm »
Had a good bash of it last night. Overall, I'm not really feeling it to be honest. It's playable, so it's clearly a much better game than previous efforts.

My main problem with it, is probably something others will absolutely love about it...it's way too easy to string lovely passing combinations together, so much so that it feels cheap and unearned. Very arcade-y. The animations are still dire too.

Haven't given up on it yet though....

Find the folder where you installed it, there should be a 'settings.exe' in there.
You're exactly right. I forgot to mention the passing. There is a button in there to play a manual pass if you wish, but it's almost completely useless seeing that the passes go straight to player like missile-like accuracy and pace almost every time you play a pass.

Like I said, it's not a bad game, but it's just very archaic now. They should scrap it and start over again from bare bones.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2011, 10:48:59 pm »
You're exactly right. I forgot to mention the passing. There is a button in there to play a manual pass if you wish, but it's almost completely useless seeing that the passes go straight to player like missile-like accuracy and pace almost every time you play a pass.

Like I said, it's not a bad game, but it's just very archaic now. They should scrap it and start over again from bare bones.

This pinball style passing is present in FIFA10 and 11, and like FIFA you have the option of turning assisted passing off if that's how you wish to play it. Not saying I'm a fan of it, or even justifying it... but the game doesn't live or die based on that alone. 
:D

Offline The Fadman

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2011, 10:51:45 pm »
This pinball style passing is present in FIFA10 and 11, and like FIFA you have the option of turning assisted passing off if that's how you wish to play it. Not saying I'm a fan of it, or even justifying it... but the game doesn't live or die based on that alone.

What he said. You can have your back toward the player you want to pass to in FIFA and ping a 35 yard ball right on their chest.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2011, 11:31:03 pm »
It's not so much the ping-pong passing, it's the feel of the ball. How fast the ball travels just doesn't seem to match the animation that went with it, if you know what I mean.  The passing just feels very tacked on and on a rail at times. At least in Fifa 11, they tried to address it by adding in some kind of contextual error.

Offline NuncaCaminarásSolo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #329 on: August 23, 2011, 11:32:16 pm »

is there an option in the demo to turn off assisted passing? If so, have you tried playing with it turned off, Macphisto80?

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: August 24, 2011, 01:28:59 am »
is there an option in the demo to turn off assisted passing? If so, have you tried playing with it turned off, Macphisto80?
I never seen an option to turn it off. One might be there, but I'll have to have a look, but at first glance, all I seen were button lay-outs and the usual stuff there. During games, you press and hold one of the shoulder/trigger buttons to do a manual pass whenever you wish to, it feels slightly better than the normal pass, but it's not as intricate as in Fifa which is obviously down to the animation and control movement of the players. It's good for laying off a ball for someone to run on to, but they'd just be better off having full manual and ditching the on-rails passing.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: August 24, 2011, 08:42:48 am »
Speaking of the keepers, this is one area of the demo that really falls flat on it's face. They are absolutely shocking. Think De Gea style phobia of crosses and long range finger stingers, and you've a good idea of the type of clangers they come off with at times. It's not quite a game breaker, but it's almost, and Konami really do need to get them sorted before release.

Have you tried playing against a team other than united?  :P   Jokes aside, you're right they're atrocious on crosses but I think we'll see it fixed before the full release

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2011, 11:08:51 am »
When's the PS3 demo available?

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be heroes.
« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2011, 11:59:47 am »
Loves getting pissed and shagging brasses

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2011, 12:17:46 pm »
Think console demos are due out today, so it depends when MS and Sony update their relevant servers.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2011, 12:44:56 pm »
Fuck sake, its been wendesday for nearly 13 hours, get it together.

Poxy demo probably wont come out till 10oc tonight

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2011, 01:02:39 pm »
EU PS Store is usually updated about 3:30/4:30 iirc.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2011, 01:39:57 pm »
Have you tried playing against a team other than united?  :P   Jokes aside, you're right they're atrocious on crosses but I think we'll see it fixed before the full release

Lost count of how many times I've heard that over the last 4 years.

Could only play the demo for a couple of minutes last night; 1 half of Milan vs Napoli on Professional. First trip down the pitch and i try to feint a shot with Zambrotta only for Zambro to release a shot that ends up in the top corner. Keeper just watched it go right over his head.

In terms of the rest of the game, it seems like I could really enjoy this once I get a hang of the timing of passes. Timing of shots has always been a big part of PES but now passes seem to depend a lot on timing as well (similar to 2011). Pressing the pass button in the middle of a player's stride will result in an awkward animation. I guess this is to prevent ping pong passing a bit.

Obviously I'll need to play at least a full match before making any conclusions but so far, its decent but still just, well... awkward. Awkward animations, awkward behavior of the ball that doesn't seem to match the animations, awkward running when under pressure from a defender, etc.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2011, 01:52:50 pm »
Its mad how its taken them so long to improve the animations to a decent standard. Watching videos of play, they have clearly added new ones but theres still a few really stupid looking ones. The classic dive top corner with 2 hands keeper animation is still present too.

May be i'm too critical after playing Fifa for the last year. My standards are too high
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #339 on: August 24, 2011, 02:28:58 pm »
This is konami par for the course. And still no demo as well on xbox.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #340 on: August 24, 2011, 03:11:27 pm »
Xbox 360 demo delayed due to unforseen circumstances

Disclaimer: I have no idea how reliable that site is

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2011, 03:14:12 pm »

What.The Actual.Fuck

;D The disclaimer

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #342 on: August 24, 2011, 03:19:40 pm »

Out now for PS3 i'll be the judge of that...
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #343 on: August 24, 2011, 03:22:07 pm »
Nope not there that I could see.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: August 24, 2011, 03:23:50 pm »
Yep, on PS3 and not xbox. Unbelievable

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #345 on: August 24, 2011, 03:24:37 pm »
another source?

fuck sake
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

• Anny Roader
« Reply #346 on: August 24, 2011, 03:27:01 pm »
"The publisher said the Xbox demo delay is "due to unforeseen issues" and will now hit Xbox LIVE Marketplace in September."

So is there only going to be one demo for the 360?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: August 24, 2011, 03:28:36 pm »
What kind of unforseen issues could it be?

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #348 on: August 24, 2011, 03:31:43 pm »
What kind of unforseen issues could it be?

The button to put it on has broken? They are being shipped a new button as we speak.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: August 24, 2011, 03:43:24 pm »
Just downloading it now - for PS3 that is

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #350 on: August 24, 2011, 03:48:41 pm »
Just downloading it now - for PS3 that is

Where abouts is it mate? I couldnt see it.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #351 on: August 24, 2011, 03:55:26 pm »
Where abouts is it mate? I couldnt see it.

In latest demo section

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2011, 03:58:47 pm »
In latest demo section

Cheers found it, and NHL 12 :)

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2011, 04:10:23 pm »
Cheers found it, and NHL 12 :)

Might download that as well.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: August 24, 2011, 04:17:03 pm »
Lol I did the same.

DOwnloading PES and NHL...

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: August 24, 2011, 04:21:46 pm »
Unforseen issues like, the demo doesn't work on xbox? Could Konami be that fucking stupid?

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be heroes.
« Reply #356 on: August 24, 2011, 04:23:52 pm »
Haha, joke company.

They really don't give a shit about overtaking fifa again do they ?

fuck em.
Loves getting pissed and shagging brasses

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #357 on: August 24, 2011, 04:30:06 pm »
Haha, joke company.

They really don't give a shit about overtaking fifa again do they ?

fuck em.

Surely it might be microsoft if its just the xbox version no?
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #358 on: August 24, 2011, 04:32:42 pm »
Surely it might be microsoft if its just the xbox version no?

So microsoft have moved goalposts they give to third party developers without telling them, or Konami dropped the ball..... again.

While people will buy games that are shoddily made and poor seasonal improvements, and im not just talking about pro evo or football games, then developers can cut costs make mistakes and retain a good income.

Konami is the Everton of the games industry

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: August 24, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »
I like it.