Author Topic: Spyin' Kop - Liverpool v Bolton - 27/8/11  (Read 19773 times)

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spyin' Kop - Liverpool v Bolton - 27/8/11
« on: August 26, 2011, 02:18:29 pm »
During the interregnum at Anfield, a handful of names were bandied about as potential successors to Roy Hodgson. The return of the King made this discussion moot, but it is worth remembering that Owen Coyle’s name cropped up fairly regularly in conversation on account of his age and his apparent willingness to turn Bolton from a rough-and-ready bunch of bruisers to a slick, passing outfit. It would be interesting to see whether, some months on, those who spoke positively about Coyle have revised their opinion. Not only has his side retained a style of play centred on Kevin Davies’ aerial ability, but last season ended poorly. Seven defeats in the final nine games, including losses to Birmingham, Blackburn, Sunderland and Blackpool, show that Coyle still has much to prove.

As the season drew to a close, Liverpool had much more to be cheery about. With new owners and a new manager, the club was gripped by a new sense of purpose. This positivity has continued into the current campaign. Few expect Dalglish’s team to be title-winners by the end of the season, but if they are to finish in the top four, games like this need to be won.

Liverpool were victorious in this fixture last year, winning 2-1 in what proved to be Hodgson’s penultimate match in charge. The mood will undoubtedly be brighter this time around, although perhaps not for the visitors, who have lost their last nine Premier League games against the Reds. Bolton may have won at Anfield in the League Cup in 2003, but you have to go back to 1954 for their last top-flight win on the road against Liverpool.

Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers
Premier League
Saturday, August 27
Anfield, Liverpool
Kick-off: 5.30pm

Bolton Wanderers honours

Football League Second Division/Division One (both second tier) champions – 1908–09, 1977–78, 1996–97.

Football League Division One (second tier) play-off winners – 1995, 2001.

Football League Third Division (third tier) champions – 1972-73

FA Cup winners – 1923, 1926, 1929, 1958.

FA Charity Shield winners – 1958

Football League Trophy winners – 1989

This week, Spyin' Kop spoke to a few of the regulars at The-Wanderer.co.uk. They were mainly sound, although there are certainly some who have no time for either Liverpool or RAWK. Anyway, read on...

1. Two games into the league season and there have certainly been plenty of goals for Bolton fans to see. What are your thoughts on your team at this early stage of the season? What are realistic end-of-season expectations?

Verbal - Very pleased so far. We were quite naive against City but they are a top team, so hopefully not many others can expose the space we leave as much.
Wire.Wanderer - Happy so far we played very well against QPR and with a bit more luck we could of took a point against City imo. Would be very pleased with a top ten finish.
LiOC - Good going forward, dodgy at the back. Any improvement on last year, top ten is realistic I believe.
Harry Genshaw - Happy so far but I'll be pleased when we've added a couple more. I see us finishing around 14th.

2. Who are your most important players going to be? Are there any youngsters at the club who we should be looking out for this year?

Verbal - Cahill, if he stays. We'll need him to combat Suarez at the weekend anyway. Apart from that Nigel Reo-Coker I feel is going to be very important to us this season...as is Klasnic, easily one of the best finishers in the league. Tuncay's arrival is some shrewd business, too. Joe Riley looked composed in the Carling Cup so hopefully he'll be alright.
Wire.Wanderer - I think for us I'd have to say Cahill if we can keep hold of him and Klasnic if we can keep him fit because he is always able to nick a goal. As for youngsters maybe Joe Riley if he gets a chance.
LiOC - Davies, Klasnic and Petrov. Riley who if Steinsson is injured will play on Saturday.
Harry Genshaw - A fit Klasnic will take some stopping. Our record at producing youngsters is god awful so I'm reserving judgement for now

3. Who are your worst players, the ones whose mere presence on the team sheet - let alone their performance - makes you groan?

Verbal - Zat Knight. Can block all day but then again so can a brick wall in the right place. Which Zat hardly ever is. And for a big lad he ain't half weak in the air, and in the tackle.
Wire.Wanderer - Marcos Alonso and Zat Knight always prone for a mistake.
LiOC - I close my eyes when the ball goes to Zat Knight.
Harry Genshaw - On a good day they all bring something to the table

4. Do you have any particularly strong memories, good or bad, of meetings between Liverpool and Bolton?

Verbal - Beating you in the Carling Cup a few years back 3-2 at Anfield, seeing Youri (I think) roll that penalty in in the last minute. Oh happy school days.
Wire.Wanderer - The League Cup game when we won 3-2 with Jay-Jay scoring a lovely free kick.
LiOC - No.
Harry Genshaw - The FA Cup win was at the start of our long awaited climb back up the divisions. A great night. Sadly, I was also at Anfield when Robbie Fowler ran riot against us bagging 4.

5. What kind of team do you expect to field on Saturday?

Verbal - Full strength apart from our crocked midfielders. Will be interesting to see who starts up front now Tuncay has arrived. Whatever it'll be a 4-4-2 with Mooamba and NRC in the middle.
Wire.Wanderer - The same team from the last 2 games I think.
LiOC - A pretty predictable line-up.
Harry Genshaw - It would be nice if we turned up for once. I suspect we will try and keep it tight at the back and nick one on the break.

6. Tell us what you think of Liverpool. How well do you reckon we'll do this season, and which player(s) of ours do you fear facing the most?

Verbal - Bit overhyped, some good buys and some bad. Carroll and Henderson were an embarrassment against Exeter. Skrtel is also a walking disaster. You still have Suarez though, who is so good that he's in my fantasy league team. Zat Knight will have him though.
Wire.Wanderer - I think you'll be in the top 6 to be honest and definately fear Suarez the most.
LiOC - What I think of Liverpool as a team? You've spent too much money on average players imo, although you'll probably finish 4-6th. Though if it was up to me you'd be relegated just to bring your ridiculous "fan" base down a few thousand pegs.
Harry Genshaw - I've always liked Liverpool. You've had some great players down the years and you hate the Manc scum as much as we do. I still think you're a way off a title winning side though. Can see you finishing 4th or 5th this year.

7. That drummer at the Reebok - I've never met anyone who appreciates his contribution to the atmosphere? Is he generally liked by the home crowd?

Verbal - Honestly could not give a shit. They are most effective when we are visited by wild tribesmen, or Blackburn fans, and use the drums as a method of communication.
Wire.Wanderer - It dosen't really bother me.
LiOC - No. I don't understand why they are there to be honest.
Harry Genshaw - Not fussed either way personally.

8. Jussi Jaaskelainen didn't have his best game against Man City. Has Owen Coyle made a mistake keeping him but letting Ali Al-Habsi go?

Verbal - Al Habsi didn't have his best game for Wigan against Norwich either. Jussi is a fading force but still by far our best keeper. Bogdan is one to watch but his mistake against Macclesfield shows some inexperience.
Wire.Wanderer - Al Habsi is a good keeper but is prone to a mistake like all goalkeepers are. I wouldn't call it a mistake for letting him go.
LiOC - Of course not. Jussi made one mistake, but has frequently over the years put in match saving performances. £4m was good business.
Harry Genshaw - There is a feeling amongst some that Jussi is on the slide. However, it's hard for a club of our limited means to hang onto 2 well paid players when there's a £4million carrot shoved under our noses.

9. On the subject of Coyle, what do you think of him as a manger?

Verbal - Good. Gets the most out of his players. Can be inflexible tactically at times but I guess that will come with experience. Is hit and miss in the transfer market, but I'll take it if for every Marcos Alonso we also get a Stuart Holden.
Wire.Wanderer - Very good, positive in defeat and he gets the most out of his players. Gives younger players belief, look at Jack Wilshire for example.
LiOC - He's great, enthusiastic, but tactically naiive at times. Will improve.
Harry Genshaw - He's great. Fact. As one of your ex bosses would say.

10. Finally, give us a score prediction.

Verbal - Score draw, with Suarez scoring for you and Davies penalty for us. Probably because Skrtel fouled someone.
Wire.Wanderer - Score draw.
LiOC - 2-2. Davies and Petrov to score for us.
Harry Genshaw - 2-0 to you men.

Many thanks to the quartet of contributors.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Spyin' Kop - Liverpool v Bolton - 27/8/11
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 02:25:37 pm »
Cheers mate. Definitely need a home win tomorrow to stop people getting to jittery about our ability to put away ‘teams we should be beating’. I had a mate at school who was a Bolton fan and a good lad who liked us and hated United so I used to have a soft spot for them. Until they knocked us out of the FA Cup – what a shit memory that brought back. Nice to mention that Fowler 5-2 game though, what a goal machine he was back then.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 02:26:23 pm »
We've won 11 of 12 at Anfield against Bolton.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:27:28 pm »
I wanna hear more views from the people who hate RAWK :D

Good interview though mate, always love these before the match. Cheers.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 02:29:19 pm »
Good work Salisbury.

Gosh, that LiOC is a topping fellow, isn't he?

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:34:43 pm »
I wanna hear more views from the people who hate RAWK :D

I'm afraid you won't get much from most here due to the pathetic abuse from your members in the past.
Two words for you and the rest of the deluded, idiotic morons that frequent the Red and White Kop, Anfield, Merseyside etc... Cock off

Edit - Cant believe folk are actually answering his questions.
Stuff that!! They're a bunch of tossers!! Happens every bloody season!!
I'm in with Dan. Those Scouse wankers can piss off.

Tell everyone at RAWK that I, along with 99% of the internet, think they're a bunch of know-nowt shitehawks.

They were getting no argument from me over the fact we've got some right knobheads on here, mind you!

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:37:50 pm »
I'm in with Dan. Those Scouse wankers can piss off.

Tell everyone at RAWK that I, along with 99% of the internet, think they're a bunch of know-nowt shitehawks.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 02:43:59 pm »
:lmao

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 02:44:55 pm »
They were getting no argument from me over the fact we've got some right knobheads on here, mind you!

It's nice to know we're loved.

Good work SR. Nice read.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 02:50:57 pm »
Kwality.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 02:52:36 pm »
Cheers as always for putting these together.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 02:57:21 pm »
Thanks for that.  What is with teams thinking we have an average squad. I know we dont have a team full of world beaters but still  it is good enough for mid table teams to worry about us.  I don't mind cause it means we are underdogs but fuck them and everyone else. I hope we smash them. Fucking over it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:08:27 pm by bored86 »

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 02:57:52 pm »

Brilliant  ;D

I love that they hate us.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 03:16:18 pm »
Nice one SalisburyRed. They really love us don't they?

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 03:22:02 pm »
Thanks for that.  What is with teams thinking we have an average squad. I know we dont have a team full of world beaters but still  it is good enough for mid table teams to worry about us.  I don't mind cause it means we are underdogs but fuck them and everyone else. I hope we smash them. Fucking over it.

Alot of teams will have a rude awakening when they play us this season if they think we're average.

Reckon we're gonna have a real good season.

Win for us by a couple of goals - I'm going for 2-0.

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 03:30:58 pm »

Yeah on Arsenal Mania they were all going on about how shite we are as well ::)

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 03:33:13 pm »
Regarding the infamy of RAWK, it's weird, I couldn't name you a single fan's forum other than Redcafe (cos it's mentioned on here) and Arsenal Mania as of last week when someone else mentioned it. Yet I talk to fans of other clubs who actually lurk on here and read about us. They're fucking obsessed!

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 03:34:23 pm »
LiOC is a bit of a tit in all honesty.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:51:47 pm by exiledintheusa »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 03:37:21 pm »
Yeah on Arsenal Mania they were all going on about how shite we are as well ::)

That was before we beat them 2-0 away from home for the first time in 11 years, I presume.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 03:45:14 pm »
That was before we beat them 2-0 away from home for the first time in 11 years, I presume.

Correct

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 03:56:45 pm »
Didn't even know they had the internet in Bolton.

Where's that coat?

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 03:57:21 pm »
I like the fact that other fans think our squad is "average"...
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »
Regarding the infamy of RAWK, it's weird, I couldn't name you a single fan's forum other than Redcafe (cos it's mentioned on here) and Arsenal Mania as of last week when someone else mentioned it. Yet I talk to fans of other clubs who actually lurk on here and read about us. They're fucking obsessed!

It's the collective hilarity from all these different sites. The 80's stereotypes still prevailing, the shit nicknames for us, the harmless 'banter'. I had Sunderland fans making jokes about unemployment. Alanis Morisette was loving it.

And as bad as this place gets at times (and to be fair it's 'only' the LFC forum that gets a bit ridiculous) it's still far better than everywhere else I've briefly seen.

In the words of the great East17: I've been around the world, but there's no place like home.

Offline ChiTownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 04:05:11 pm »
I like the fact that other fans think our squad is "average"...
If our squad is average, theirs is complete and utter shite.
xbox live - un3elievable

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 04:19:00 pm »
LiOC - Though if it was up to me you'd be relegated just to bring your ridiculous "fan" base down a few thousand pegs.

Verbal - Score draw.
Wire.Wanderer - Score draw.
LiOC - 2-2.

Offline AnyGivenSunday

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 04:36:02 pm »
Cheers for putting that together

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 04:39:32 pm »

sheer quality :D

Bolton are really beginning to piss me off. The chairman today also tweeted a fuck off to Arsene Wenger. Plus the high horses they ride.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 04:50:23 pm »
Good job on putting that together

so so on the response front

Offline Toe1892

• Kemlynite
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 04:51:31 pm »
The reaction from some of the fans who didn't wanna answer the questions is quality ;D. That LiOC did seem a bit of a boob like but the rest seemed sound. Enjoy having a look at these before the match, nice one mate!

I Went to the reebok away last year and on the train there we where singing and stuff. There was a group of their fans getting pissed off at us not beng miserable fuckers and one of them starting to say how he was surprised we had tickets with all living in 'council hooouses' and the usual stereotypical shite you get. Got abused for the rest of the time walking down to the reebok, 'whats a fucking hooouse lad?' Boss day in the end when Maxi bagged his goal haha.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 06:37:51 pm »
Cheers for doing this Mr SalisburyRed.  This bit made me laugh....

Verbal - Zat Knight. Can block all day but then again so can a brick wall in the right place. Which Zat hardly ever is.

Offline Cleveland_Red

• Anny Roader
  • Cleveland Is The City-Liverpool Is The Life
"Football in many ways mirrors the society that we have become, self obsessed and shallow."

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 07:56:48 pm »
Thanks for putting that together mate.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 08:28:29 pm »

6. Tell us what you think of Liverpool. How well do you reckon we'll do this season, and which player(s) of ours do you fear facing the most?

Verbal - Bit overhyped, some good buys and some bad. Carroll and Henderson were an embarrassment against Exeter. Skrtel is also a walking disaster. You still have Suarez though, who is so good that he's in my fantasy league team. Zat Knight will have him though.

LiOC - What I think of Liverpool as a team? You've spent too much money on average players imo, although you'll probably finish 4-6th. Though if it was up to me you'd be relegated just to bring your ridiculous "fan" base down a few thousand pegs.

The funny thing is that if we had a poll on here i'm sure the majority would have us finishing 3rd or 4th this season at best and the vast majority would be happy with 4th. No idea where they get this opinion we think we're world beaters from.

Suarez really has made such a big impression in such a short space of time. ;D

Great read SR, cheers mate.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 08:30:50 pm »
Good read that mate thanks for making the effort.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 08:37:24 pm »
Good read, I like Bolton especially with Coyle at the helm.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 08:50:10 pm »
Always enjoy these, cheers.
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 08:56:02 pm »
If he decides to engage his own Give-A-Fuck-O-Meter, then Tuncay could pose a problem for us. Happily, though, his is hovering at right about -22 GAFs.

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 08:56:03 pm »
Didn't even know they had the internet in Bolton.

Where's that coat?

Having a medical apparently.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 09:27:04 pm »
Aren't Bolton fans dickheads!
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave