Author Topic: Uefa to hold hearing into Mamadou Sakho’s failed drug test for Liverpool  (Read 46481 times)

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He will and get injured and miss the whole season. Such is our luck...

I'd take that over a two-year ban, sacking, and ruined reputation.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
We must rain hell fire down on these fuckwipes.

Bet Klopp wants to fucking off someone..
"Salahs in here......"

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
“I don’t think they should let him off with a minimum ban. He failed a drugs test and it is his fault."

“I have got no sympathy for the guy and if he were to get a two-year ban I don’t think you could argue with it.”

- Hamann

People like him and that Guardian writer Barney Ronay can piss off.

So should the ones who were calling for him to be sacked.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
“I don’t think they should let him off with a minimum ban. He failed a drugs test and it is his fault."

“I have got no sympathy for the guy and if he were to get a two-year ban I don’t think you could argue with it.”

- Hamann

Yeah, Didi's constant nonsense in the media is really annoying given how boss he was as a player.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Mathieu is out of France NT with an injury, now if Sakho is clear watch him play for France and us being left out in this injustice....

edit: nope it´s Umtiti who will replace Mathieu...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:56:09 pm by PIPA23 »

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
So they've decided not to extend the ban but also delay the hearing? What exactly does that mean?
YWNA

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter

He's our future leader, has to be.

Why?
Believe

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
So this could be taken up again at a later date?  ??? Im confused.

How are we supposed to plan the squad if he could be banned at any moment.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
I'd take that over a two-year ban, sacking, and ruined reputation.

But while injured he becomes addicted to painkillers, is sent by the club to a secret clinic in Baltimore to clean up and ends up robbing drug dealers and doing some Spider-Man shit, yo...
Trust me, this has to end in tears, it's the Liverpool way...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Great news if true.

Wouldn't of made a difference to our chances of winning the Europa league though I wouldn't of thought. Toure was our MOTM on the day. Followed at some distance by Lovren and Clyne.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So they've decided not to extend the ban but also delay the hearing? What exactly does that mean?

He was suspended for 30 days by UEFA, Sakhos reps have questioned whether the substance should even be on the banned list - so UEFA arent extending his suspension whilst ordering their own disciplinary body to first investigate whether the substance should even be on the WADA list.

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
I can see this now - UEFA hold an internal investigation, decide that the substance should be on the banned list and they then try and hand down a suspension to Sakho. It'll be the typical UEFA bollocks.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan

That's just double speak for he is not guilty but they need time to create an explanation that makes them not look like fools, and protect themselves legally...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Ronay'd better write an article demanding the EL be awarded to us.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
I'd be delighted if these reports are true for Sakho with the Euros being in France. People wanting us to cut our losses may have been a touch premature.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He was suspended for 30 days by UEFA, Sakhos reps have questioned whether the substance should even be on the banned list - so UEFA arent extending his suspension whilst ordering their own disciplinary body to first investigate whether the substance should even be on the WADA list.

Where is that info coming from? And surely they can't retroactively punish him for a substance they ban in the future?

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
Le Parisien reports that Sakho was informed on Friday that he won't be banned.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
The France and Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho’s provisional suspension for a doping offence has expired and the player faces no further ban, the French sports daily L’Equipe reported on Saturday.

Sakho was banned for 30 days after testing positive for an illegal substance following Liverpool’s Europa League tie against Manchester United on 17 March.

L’Equipe reports that Sakho’s lawyer successfully argued that the fat-burning product was not on Uefa’s list of banned substances.

Sakho, who according to Le Parisien was told on Friday night that his ban would be lifted, missed Liverpool’s last eight games of the season due to the positive test.

The defender is now free to play again and is available to Didier Deschamps who is yet to name his final France squad for Euro 2016. Sakho told Le Parisien that he has been training on his own twice a day and is ready to play.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/28/mamadou-sakho-no-further-doping-ban

Presumably the Guardian, who published a strong and lengthy article about how we should be kicked out of the competition because of Sakho's failed drug test, will now consider writing some equally stupid and desperate article campaigning for us to be awarded the trophy?

;)
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
So this could be taken up again at a later date?  ??? Im confused.

How are we supposed to plan the squad if he could be banned at any moment.

If he has been charged and cleared then he cannot be charged for the same sample being positive again. It would have to be for another sample.

Plus I'd imagine some rules stating that a case can only be kept open for a certain period of time without an outcome

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Where is that info coming from? And surely they can't retroactively punish him for a substance they ban in the future?

Liverpool Echo - I posted the story on page 5

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ronay'd better write an article demanding the EL be awarded to us.

Sevilla deserved to win, though, even if the referee was a bit shit and we were missing Sakho.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Sevilla deserved to win, though, even if the referee was a bit shit and we were missing Sakho.
Umm...

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
I can see this now - UEFA hold an internal investigation, decide that the substance should be on the banned list and they then try and hand down a suspension to Sakho. It'll be the typical UEFA bollocks.

They can't legally do that. It would have to be on the list before the sample was tested

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
Such great news better than any potential signing. Sakho is a great CB & one of our leader's.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
Thank fuck. His Liverpool career was pretty much over otherwise.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Umm...

Should have guessed you were fishing. ;D

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Great news for Sakho and us going into next season!

UEFA needs to change how they handle these cases. The lad missed the business end of the season on trumped up charges with no foundation. Talk about a shite due process that took too fucking long. UEFA are so corrupt. 

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
Problem is, this has come too late. Deschamps has already called up Umtiti after Mathieu was injured and his squad is complete. Now, if Mama makes the squad, Deschamps has to send one back.

Would love it if he sends Koscielny packing, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow

No one is saying they didn't deserve to win on that night. What everyone is saying is that we were robbed of our ACTUAL chances at the game.

I honestly don't give a shit if Toure was MOTM or not, one player in the team who is known to be a starter being taken out changes EVERYTHING.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Problem is, this has come too late. Deschamps has already called up Umtiti after Mathieu was injured and his squad is complete. Now, if Mama makes the squad, Deschamps has to send one back.

Isn't Varane out with injury too??

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
A great situation now guys. Gomez would be the 4th choice (on paper) for the CB slot and we can always use him as a FB too. Get Skrtel out, Kolo probably leaving, still no new CBs needed.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

- Hamann

Seriously fuck them, doing anything they can for some cheap public attention. Especially Ronay who can suck on a horsec*ck.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece

Koscielny is not bad at all, just not great as Arsenal fans think. A bit like Sakho and some of our fans. Anyway, it won't happen. Koscielny would start even if Varane was fit.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan

- Hamann

Hamann was also on the bandwagon to shit all over Suarez at opportunity. Fuck him, tory wanker
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
probably saves us signing another CB. Sakho, Lovren, matip, Gomez and maybe Toure ... seems solid enough for next season
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
They follow WADA guidelines so I don't believe they can do this.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Also the faux outrage brigade in here who've been writing abuse and all sorts of shite about Sakho, calling for his head, should apologise and wait next time before going overboard...
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline greg9r

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
Kaveh Solhekol ‏@SkyKaveh  4 Min.Vor 4 Minuten
Sakho free to play from tomorrow #LFC

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
I have the same feeling as after winning a game in added time.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Le Parisien says that the substance Sakho took was never on the banned list, which his legal team argued from the start. Apparently, he's been training twice a day with Liverpool pending the suspension being lifted. He's currently on holiday in Maldives and could fly back to France on Sunday, although it's thought he may not be selected for the French squad, since Deschamps earlier this morning replaced the injured Jeremy Mathieu with Umtiti