Author Topic: Uefa to hold hearing into Mamadou Sakho’s failed drug test for Liverpool  (Read 46352 times)

Offline acks

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I doubt there was any conspiracy against Sakho or us, this could have happened to any club at any time of the season. Plus, we don't even know if the reports are true yet.

I doubt there was a conspiracy as well, that was more tongue in cheek, but if the reports are true it's astonishing that this all didn't get resolved quicker.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How do you test positive for a substance that isn't prohibited? What a mess.

Fat burners can be used to disguise banned substances. If there's no evidence of him using the burners for that purpose, as he has maintained all along, then they can only clear him.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
you can´t look at the things this way, he is our player who would be playing if not this ban..... he might have scored a header though, now we will never know...

You're right, we won't. Best not to dwell on it, doesn't do anybody any favours.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Reported by L'Equipe - quite a major newspaper in France no?

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
you can´t look at the things this way, he is our player who would be playing if not this ban..... he might have scored a header though, now we will never know...

You can be thrown out of a competition for fielding a banned or unregistered player, presumably the logic being it disadvantages the opposing team.....so if you use that logic Liverpool were disadvantaged, not just in Europa Final but also for the end of the league campaign......
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow

I honestly can't believe people are content with this shit. Imagine telling Ronaldo that he's gonna get banned for X reason thus forcing him to stay out of the game and miss his champions league final. Isn't that fucking bullshit? The game's outcome could've changed in so many ways .
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Yes it's all Rodgers fault. I mean we know fuck all about what happened and who said what, and Rodgers had been gone for over 6 months by the time he failed a drug test, but yes, definitely his fault.

If in doubt, blame Brendan it seems!

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
You're right, we won't. Best not to dwell on it, doesn't do anybody any favours.

im not, just trying to react to saying that we did not miss him is ridicilous, even the presence of him is setting his defensive partners different mentally... it happend many times he was cleaning the mess Moreno or others did before... we did miss him and i hope if this is true we will sue UEFA!

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
Chiill people.

Uefa didnt fuck our cup final the 11 on the pitch who shrunk in the 2nd half did that on their own.

Look on the bright side if true its one disiplinary cleared out of 4 currently and enough time to prepare for next term

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
To think some people on here wanted Sakho hung, drawn and quartered when the news first broke.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
I just want this confirmed so this episode is behind us and we can look forward to Sakho starting for us in August.

What a cluster fuck!
YWNA

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We must have a serious case for legal action IF this report is true.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Le Figaro reporting the same story

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
He can still be picked for the euros
Can he he's not in the squad?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sue the fuckers out of existence.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
If that is true I am one of the very happy people on here... one of my favourite players and he was massive for us until we "had" to suspend him..

If he truly receives no further punishment then its brilliant for us and that is my name and number sorted for the new shirt ;)

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
We must have a serious case for legal action IF this report is true.

most definetly, this decision has hurt this club a lot...

don´t even start with things like we did not miss him... it doesn´t matter if Toure was playing great, there was unjustice done on us again in the most cruicial part of the season domestic and in europe...

what if he has played and scored from a header,, we would be a champions league club right now... what if he would score a winner for France in the final, France would be EURO winners.... now because of someone elses fuck up, this should be like , ok then UEFA, never mind...?

can´t wait for the club´s response on this. should be interesting.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:43:40 pm by PIPA23 »

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
If he's cleared it's amazing news!  But on the other hand, he should sue the dickheads at UEFA.  Could have played in the final and hasn't been allowed to prepare for the Euros, which he would no doubt have been a part of had he not been banned!

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
I know we're discussing how it impacted our season but imagine how Sakho's been feeling. Had his name dragged through the mud for nothing and been forced to miss games for no reason. I feel for him.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:43:45 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
IF this is true, how had can it be to check a list. Surely they have a soft copy.  Ctrl F

I really dont get this

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dickheads.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
I know we're discussing how it impacted our season but imagine how Sakho's been feeling. Had his name drugged through the mud for nothing and been forced to miss games for no reason. I feel for him.
Exactly. The guy must have been devastated. Now he can look forward

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
I know we're discussing how it impacted our season but imagine how Sakho's been feeling. Had his name drugged through the mud for nothing and been forced to miss games for no reason. I feel for him.

Pun intended?  ;D

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan

Yep,hes been in a lonely place,what a f**k up.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
Pun intended?  ;D

Had not even noticed that!  :o

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If he's cleared it's amazing news!  But on the other hand, he should sue the dickheads at UEFA.  Could have played in the final and hasn't been allowed to prepare for the Euro, which he would no doubt have been a part of had he not been banned!

He might still play in the Euros, they have to name their team by Tuesday.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yep, and all that bollocks that people came out with about 'drug fuelled this and that'. All for shite.

The best part is if this is true his reputation is now restored. So happy for him in that sense, and he can move on to just playing football. I don't think the final Euros selection deadline has passed either.
YWNA

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
Exactly. The guy must have been devastated. Now he can look forward

Shames me that some fans rounded on him straight away. I can remember the initial thread and there were serious calls for the club to absolutely throw the book at him.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Alright, I really don't want to get my hopes up here. Sakho's probably my favorite player, and this whole thing has been such a gutpunch.

But if this turns out to be true...what the hell? Is the thinking that the substance is on WADA's list but not actually on UEFA's? Or is this some kind of major fuckup wherein they found evidence of "a drug" and just decided it was doping?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
Yep, and all that bollocks that people came out with about 'drug fuelled this and that'. All for shite.

The best part is if this is true his reputation is now restored. So happy for him in that sense, and he can move on to just playing football. I don't think the final Euros selection deadline has passed either.

I'd love him to get selected for France and help them win the Euros. He deserves it after the shit they've put him through for nothing.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Give us a fair play spot in the Europa over this.
YWNA

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
Well let's wait to see if there's anything in these reports first.

There's no guarantee that Sakho playing would have changed the result of the final, but he would have certainly started, and it would be stupid to say that he would definitely have had no greater impact. Yes, Kolo was our MotM and played in Sakho's place, but football matches aren't that straightforward. Sakho playing (and he would have 100% played) could have changed the whole dynamics of the game.

And if it's true then we should be suing the pants off someone. Defamation or something perhaps? Possibly more.

An incredible 10/10 from the UEFA shitclowns if it's true, but let's wait to see if it is before we lose our shit
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
If true, and I really hope it is, we should send him a big show of support somehow.

He's our future leader, has to be.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
I've been waiting to hear what the substance is exactly. Have they still not said? All of their banned substances are listed via WADA.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
I hope it's true and he's cleared. Goddammit, UEFA.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool Echo:

Mamadou Sakho could make an unlikely appearance at next month's European Championships for France.

UEFA has delayed a hearing regarding the Liverpool defender's failed drugs test and opted not to extend the provisional 30-day suspension issued last month.

The ECHO understands that Sakho's defence questioned whether the substance he had taken should even be on the prohibited list - leading to UEFA ordering their own disciplinary body to first investigate whether the substance should even be on the WADA list.

Liverpool have declined to comment on the situation until the process is concluded.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
He might still play in the Euros, they have to name their team by Tuesday.

He will and get injured and miss the whole season. Such is our luck...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The France and Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho’s provisional suspension for a doping offence has expired and the player faces no further ban, the French sports daily L’Equipe reported on Saturday.

Sakho was banned for 30 days after testing positive for an illegal substance following Liverpool’s Europa League tie against Manchester United on 17 March.

L’Equipe reports that Sakho’s lawyer successfully argued that the fat-burning product was not on Uefa’s list of banned substances.

Sakho, who according to Le Parisien was told on Friday night that his ban would be lifted, missed Liverpool’s last eight games of the season due to the positive test.

The defender is now free to play again and is available to Didier Deschamps who is yet to name his final France squad for Euro 2016. Sakho told Le Parisien that he has been training on his own twice a day and is ready to play.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/28/mamadou-sakho-no-further-doping-ban
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski