Author Topic: Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over return to Anfield  (Read 191895 times)

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #1080 on: May 23, 2016, 12:26:23 am »
Rumours on twitter that Rodgers wants to take him to Celtic. Closer to home and one last season in the CL, seems a decent move on the face of it.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: May 23, 2016, 02:14:20 am »
Rumours on twitter that Rodgers wants to take him to Celtic. Closer to home and one last season in the CL, seems a decent move on the face of it.
Rodgers didn't want him around coaching at Liverpool, but he'll take him at Celtic? ???

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1082 on: May 23, 2016, 02:42:00 am »
Rodgers didn't want him around coaching at Liverpool, but he'll take him at Celtic? ???

To play, rather than coach, I think.

Good move for Gerrard. Given that he's not exactly set MLS alight, is it likely that he'll be a hit at Celtic? Is the SPL even worse than MLS now?

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1083 on: May 23, 2016, 04:13:24 am »
To swap LA for balmy tropical sunshine of cosmopolitan Glasgow - he won't be able to resist.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: May 23, 2016, 07:15:10 pm »

Good move for Gerrard. Given that he's not exactly set MLS alight, is it likely that he'll be a hit at Celtic? Is the SPL even worse than MLS now?
Hm, I think he's planning on packing it in at the end of this season.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #1085 on: May 29, 2016, 02:38:09 am »

The SPL is a shocking league - take out Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts and the rest are English League 1 standard at best. MLS isn't exactly the greatest, but I would question why he would swap LA for an inferior league. I reckon he'll do another year out there then call it a day.

Anyway, another assist so far again tonight, and even at 36 he's still the best player on the park. Now as for Ashley Cole....

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: May 29, 2016, 08:32:26 pm »
The SPL is a shocking league - take out Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts and the rest are English League 1 standard at best. MLS isn't exactly the greatest, but I would question why he would swap LA for an inferior league. I reckon he'll do another year out there then call it a day.

Anyway, another assist so far again tonight, and even at 36 he's still the best player on the park. Now as for Ashley Cole....
I suppose if he went to Celtic he could have another go in the Champions League? Doesn't have to worry about facing Liverpool this time haha.

Ashley Cole was shocking.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: May 30, 2016, 04:08:59 pm »
Happy birthday Captain.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: May 31, 2016, 04:10:06 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/carlo-ancelotti-reveals-liverpool-star-11405582

Carlo Ancelotti attracted some of the greatest players in the world to his Champions League winning Milan side.

But the three-times Champions league winning boss admits frustration at the Liverpool star who got away.

Asked in the July edition of FourFourTwo magazine “Who is the one player you wished you had signed, but missed out on?” he revealed: “I tried to sign Steven Gerrard from Liverpool but it just wasn’t possible.”

Ancelotti, who managed Milan from 2001 to 2009, doesn’t reveal when he tried to snap up the Reds legend - butmaybe he was influenced by Gerrard’s performance in the one Champions League final he did not win, in 2005.

Ancelotti added that the memory of Istanbul still troubles him.

“I look back at this quite often,” he added. “But I don’t think there is anything I could have done differently. It was all about six minutes. We played for 114 minutes, Liverpool played for six minutes. That’s the truth of it.

It was a very strange game. You know, i took this Milan team to three Champions league finals, and 2005 was actually the best we played - but it was the only one we lost!”

Ancelotti also refuted the suggestions his players were celebrating at half-time in the Ataturk Stadium.

“No, no, this is bulls***t. Bulls**t! We were very happy because we had played a fantastic first half, but we knew we had another half to play.

Fantasy Football

“Even at 3-3 we should have won it in the last minute when Andriy Shevchenko had a chance in fromt of goal but Dudek saved it.”

Shame ...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:12:24 pm by Samie »

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: June 14, 2016, 03:27:59 am »

Some kid gave him a birthday card a few weeks ago and Stevie gave him a pair of his boots in return :P

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1090 on: June 19, 2016, 06:33:06 pm »
At least 5000+ of us showed up in LFC gear last night at BMO Field in Toronto to watch Stevie play. Unfortunately he was out injured  :(
Talked to a lot of reds who were massively disappointed.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2016/06/18/gerrard-injury-leaves-local-soccer-fans-wanting.html

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: June 20, 2016, 03:52:57 am »
At least 5000+ of us showed up in LFC gear last night at BMO Field in Toronto to watch Stevie play. Unfortunately he was out injured  :(
Talked to a lot of reds who were massively disappointed.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2016/06/18/gerrard-injury-leaves-local-soccer-fans-wanting.html
Shitty that the Galaxy never thought to announce he didn't travel or even say he was injured. Joke.

Offline Rich

• Kopite
  • RAWK Lurker
« Reply #1092 on: June 20, 2016, 01:30:08 pm »
I was actually out there for work and was so close to changing all my itinerary to ensure I was in Toronto on Saturday to see him one last time.  So glad I didn't now!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: June 26, 2016, 08:43:53 am »
Seriously!!!!

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: June 26, 2016, 04:15:32 pm »

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: June 28, 2016, 07:18:05 pm »

Clearly based the shirt spelling on Andy Gray's commentary
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #1096 on: July 1, 2016, 11:13:50 pm »
Just donated £25k to help a kid get an operation
Believe

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #1098 on: July 2, 2016, 04:26:11 am »
Is he captain there too?
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1099 on: July 2, 2016, 04:04:05 pm »
Is he captain there too?
thought Robbie Keane was the captain at Galaxy? could be wrong though

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1100 on: July 2, 2016, 07:46:37 pm »
Just donated £25k to help a kid get an operation

A wonderful gesture from a good Scouser. He donated £1 million to the new Alder Hey hospital too. He's always been very good with charitable work and things like this.

Best wishes to that little lad.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1101 on: July 7, 2016, 05:25:37 pm »
two and two together to make 5 but we have friendlies on his doorstep this month. Is he there then, expect an appearance?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: July 8, 2016, 05:16:27 pm »
two and two together to make 5 but we have friendlies on his doorstep this month. Is he there then, expect an appearance?
Think they tried to set up a friendly with LA Galaxy, Ian Ayre said as much, but Gerrard wouldn't do it. Didn't want to play against Liverpool.

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #1103 on: July 10, 2016, 06:56:39 am »
Is he back playing for Galaxy at the moment, can't find a way of confirming this before going to see them. Does anyone know?

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: July 10, 2016, 07:15:17 am »
Think they tried to set up a friendly with LA Galaxy, Ian Ayre said as much, but Gerrard wouldn't do it. Didn't want to play against Liverpool.
Expect Keane wouldn't either then :D
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: July 10, 2016, 06:22:54 pm »
We used to sing about a Team of Carragher's In reality we'd rarely lose except for the occasion OG but I doubt we'd make top four and when it came to the inevitable penalty shoot outs in the Cups we'd be f*cked...

Now a Team of Gerrard's That would be something. No doubt about it, we'd win the f*cking lot.
A team of Messi's or Neymar in defence or goal, really.
A team of Ronaldo's bitching at each other, don't make me laugh.
And despite his proven goal keeping skills a team full of Suarez"s would still lose to one full of Gerrard's
Thats how good he was.         

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #1106 on: July 11, 2016, 04:34:02 pm »
I'll go with a team of Stevie Nicol's - Mr Versatile.  Might give a team of Gerrards a run for their money...
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #1107 on: July 13, 2016, 09:34:19 am »
I'll go with a team of Stevie Nicol's - Mr Versatile.  Might give a team of Gerrards a run for their money...

A team of Javier Zanetti's would be pretty bloody good too - but think Stevie would have the edge on scoring goals there.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: July 13, 2016, 02:54:27 pm »
a team of prime gerrard's against a team of prime ronaldo's would be very interesting!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1109 on: July 13, 2016, 02:55:22 pm »
a team of prime gerrard's against a team of prime ronaldo's would be very interesting!

Not really, all the Ronaldo's would stand towards the half way line with their hands on their hips expecting the others to chase back.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: July 13, 2016, 03:02:13 pm »
Not really, all the Ronaldo's would stand towards the half way line with their hands on their hips expecting the others to chase back.
haha possibly true. He's an unbelievably well rounded player though is Ronaldo, I could imagine him settling in to most positions on the park if he put his mind to it. Stevie unquestionably could too...

Ah, the arguments you have in pre-season ;D

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: July 14, 2016, 10:00:10 am »
Expect Keane wouldn't either then :D

Well, Keane had a good six months playing against us, I remember a spectacular goal-line clearance from a Torres strike.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: July 14, 2016, 10:00:43 am »

What's the problem? He is indeed totally rad.

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: July 15, 2016, 06:51:03 pm »

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: July 15, 2016, 10:29:48 pm »

Literally about to post the same thing. Speaks volumes of the man

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: July 16, 2016, 05:19:54 pm »

"Steven Gerrard has now been directly involved in 10 goals in 14 MLS games in 2016."

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1116 on: July 23, 2016, 08:41:03 am »
Literally about to post the same thing. Speaks volumes of the man
I imagine he partly does it because he fucking loves twatting the ball :P

Wonder if we'll ever have it confirmed that one of his injuries had a big effect on his ability to consistently strike the ball powerfully. Was really noticable in his last 2 seasons with us that he'd sidefoot the ball more and more, or fail to connect properly with the laces.

I miss him :(

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: August 2, 2016, 03:36:31 am »
Steven Gerrard makes dreams come true for 10-year-old boy battling leukemia

A Litherland boy living with leukaemia got to meet his hero Steven Gerrard after travelling to America for lifesaving treatment.

Charlie Fearns, a 10-year-old boy, who contracted leukaemia for the third time, travelled to Seattle after Scousers raised over £150,000 to send him for a revolutionary treatment.

On Sunday, during a break from treatment, Charlie and his brother Harrison were given the chance to meet their idol Gerrard, who pitched in with a £25,000 donation for the fund.

The former Reds captain, who now plays for LA Galaxy, was visiting Seattle for a match against Seattle Sounders.

During the visit from Gerrard, Charlie and his brother got to act as mascots for the team and were invited on the pitch to meet their sporting hero.

Later, Gerrard gifted an LA Galaxy shirt to Charlie with the number 16 on the back - a number currently vacant in the squad - which was also signed by Gerrard.
After his third diagnosis of leaukaemia, doctors said Charlie’s only chance was a revolutionary form of treatment which was not available to him in the UK.

The treatment, known as Car T-cell therapy, uses a patient’s own immune system to fight cancer and is still in the early stages of research, meaning it is not widely available in the UK, with families instead having to travel to clinics abroad.

This sparked a huge fundraising drive by his family and friends, who managed to raise over £150,000 to pay for the treatment with their #CharliesChance campaign.

The campaign received a major boost after Gerrard donated £25,000 and sparked a series of donations including a £10,000 windfall from LA Dodgers baseball player Brandon McCarthy .

Charlie’s mum, Sophie said: “Steven Gerrard and LA Galaxy went above and beyond for us. They were incredible. Steven Gerrard has been such a great support throughout Charlie’s treatment and we are incredibly thankful”.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/steven-gerrard-makes-dreams-come-11690452

Offline chinombre

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1118 on: August 2, 2016, 08:50:12 pm »
Was in the stands to see Gerrard clean up a Keane rebound a few weeks ago when the Galaxy played Houston. Excited to make my first trip to Anfield on Boxing Day to watch the match against Stoke from the new main stand.  8)

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: August 2, 2016, 08:54:43 pm »
Steven Gerrard makes dreams come true for 10-year-old boy battling leukemia

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/steven-gerrard-makes-dreams-come-11690452
Great stuff. If ever there was a player that epitomised a real life Roy of the Rovers, it's Steven Gerrard.