Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1520030 times)

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #7160 on: May 24, 2016, 11:43:59 pm »
How many times did they sing about hillsborough but still got the same fine.I am not condoning the munich chants but surely even they halfwits sitting in an office in switzerland or wherever can see a difference.Then theres singing that manchester is full of shit it is and even they halfwits can see that it is. ;D
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7161 on: May 25, 2016, 07:57:41 pm »
There was a munich chant at the end of the second leg, not the entire end but a significant amount

There was, but wasn't it in the original UEFA report that it was because of the Manchester song and not about Munich? That's what the media reported at the time anyway I'm sure.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7162 on: May 26, 2016, 03:15:15 pm »
The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has announced the following decision:

Match: UEFA Europa League 2015/16, quarter finals; Liverpool FC – Borussia Dortmund (4-3) on 14 April 2016 in England:

Charges against Liverpool FC:

- Setting off of fireworks - Art. 16 (2) DR

Decision – Liverpool FC:

•    To fine Liverpool FC €11,000.

€68k in fines so far.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7163 on: May 26, 2016, 08:49:05 pm »
Still less than a week of Enrigue then? ;)
We are a team of one half.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7164 on: May 26, 2016, 08:53:30 pm »
Well better than the Bob Marley everyone's singing every 5 seconds. Local boys song also
I like them both. I think it's nice when a song like that takes off a bit like ring of fire did.

We were all licking our wounds in a pub near the square and loads of reggae on so I asked the barman to put on three little birds and for the duration of the song there were smiles everywhere, it was boss.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7165 on: May 26, 2016, 09:08:17 pm »
It's a song that makes you feel happy - and came about by chance as they played it at HT in Dortmund when the flag was also on display. Just caught on. Things do... I love it.

And much better than silence. At least people sang it, or the chorus anyway!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #7166 on: May 26, 2016, 09:33:09 pm »
When BR put out a,weakened side against Real, in the Bernabeu, I think everyone was pretty down. Then they put Dire Straits, 'money for nothing' on. People just got behind it and started humming it. Then everyone was looking around thinking, yes, this is catching on, its not just me. People got behind it and it felt a bit like, the footy is shit, but this is amusing. It released a bit of tension and there were a few smiles around.

I think the Marley song was similar for different reasons. But I love that about our support, a great sense of humour and you can kick us when we are down, we just bounce back.

I wasn't in Istanbul, but I'm thinking about half time and the support singing YNWA. Different again, but effective.

At half time in Basel it was the La's.

Love it.

Offline Benitez Adoramus

• Main Stander
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #7167 on: May 27, 2016, 01:01:45 pm »
When BR put out a,weakened side against Real, in the Bernabeu, I think everyone was pretty down. Then they put Dire Straits, 'money for nothing' on. People just got behind it and started humming it. Then everyone was looking around thinking, yes, this is catching on, its not just me. People got behind it and it felt a bit like, the footy is shit, but this is amusing. It released a bit of tension and there were a few smiles around.

I think the Marley song was similar for different reasons. But I love that about our support, a great sense of humour and you can kick us when we are down, we just bounce back.

I wasn't in Istanbul, but I'm thinking about half time and the support singing YNWA. Different again, but effective.

At half time in Basel it was the La's.

Love it.

Totally agree. I can't listen to Dire Straits now without thinking of the Bernabeu. We were looking down on everyone and when that guitar riff started everyone just started smiling, singing and dancing along. You could see the locals thinking 'what's going on'. Bob Marley will always remind me of Dortmund and the flag. Ring of fire reminds me of Fulham and the La's will be Basel
One of the few singers left in the Kop

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7168 on: May 27, 2016, 01:17:02 pm »
Totally agree. I can't listen to Dire Straits now without thinking of the Bernabeu. We were looking down on everyone and when that guitar riff started everyone just started smiling, singing and dancing along. You could see the locals thinking 'what's going on'. Bob Marley will always remind me of Dortmund and the flag. Ring of fire reminds me of Fulham and the La's will be Basel

Status Quo at Leverkeusen!

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7169 on: May 27, 2016, 02:30:34 pm »
was stood at the front of the upper tier behind the goal so can corroborate what's been said about the scuffles. was surprised that the 'neutral' end was actually very neutral with shirts/scarves of all different clubs and an england flag (that got removed). turned round at one point in the first half and everyone was sat down.        there she goes was amazing at HT.

What happened with the England flag? Saw it one minute and gone the next. Thankfully.

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7170 on: May 27, 2016, 03:45:37 pm »
It's a song that makes you feel happy - and came about by chance as they played it at HT in Dortmund when the flag was also on display. Just caught on. Things do... I love it.

And much better than silence. At least people sang it, or the chorus anyway!
First time I heard three little birds sang was when we were waiting to get out after Bordeaux away and it has gradually caught on , French cops didn't know what to make of us

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7171 on: May 27, 2016, 04:02:44 pm »
:D We were there but don't remember hearing it then

Offline red135

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7172 on: May 27, 2016, 04:16:26 pm »
What happened with the England flag? Saw it one minute and gone the next. Thankfully.

i couldnt reach it and asked a row of locals (sat down) to remove it but they didnt want to know. eventually a steward asked for the larger banners to be pulled up so the people below could see so we held the red ones higher and pulled the england one into the stand

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7173 on: May 28, 2016, 12:21:33 am »
68k fines so far?
i can't get annoyed at uefa for this shit, there's so much more to be annoyed about, ie mancs not getting properly fined, disgrace in basel.
who cares about 68k, we just got 90mil from the fa...

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #7174 on: May 28, 2016, 02:13:56 am »
what do you expect from the corrupt towers as they dont have a clue. :no :no
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #7175 on: May 28, 2016, 08:06:59 am »
Status Quo at Leverkeusen!

Ah, that's where the quo one came from. I wasn't there. But when I was in Eindhoven they played it in the big Irish bar there and it works so well. I asked the dj to play it in that square in Basel. He said it will be on in about 5 hours, but he did put in on a bit earlier than that. Scousers all over the World.

Offline 5Goldstars

• Main Stander
  • ........Make that 6 Gold Stars
« Reply #7176 on: May 28, 2016, 10:10:29 pm »
Ha removing a Tea towel size England flag is one thing.....Removing a Huyton Baddies British Ensign is another thing.....good luck !
Liverpool fc, bastion of invincibility

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #7177 on: May 28, 2016, 10:36:44 pm »
Wonder if Real are gonna be charged for fireworks? Just seen around two or three let off  ::)

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7178 on: May 28, 2016, 10:54:12 pm »
:D We were there but don't remember hearing it then
Good night started  up as the French plod wouldn't let us out , after that a few started singing twist and shout going down the stairs

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7179 on: May 29, 2016, 10:00:35 am »
Ha removing a Tea towel size England flag is one thing.....Removing a Huyton Baddies British Ensign is another thing.....good luck !

;D

Huyton Baddies Versus The Circus.

First, a little background on the Huyton Baddies...
250 strong gang of hooligans and petty criminals. Famous for football related looting sprees across Europe in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Huyton, Liverpool 1977. Every year in September, the circus would come to the common in Huyton, a nice spot of sub Billy Smart family entertainment. The big top had been up for a couple of days when the Strongman was in one of the local pubs having an aftershow drink with the Trapeze Girl. One of the Huyton Baddies top boys was also in the bar with a mate who was hyping him up to have a crack at the Trapeze Girl. So up he goes, all swagger, to chat her up right under the nose of the Strongman. After a brief exchange of pleasantries the Strongman just grabs the Baddie Top Boy, picks him up above his head and throws him through the front window of the snug. Not surprisingly, the Trapeze Girl and him get out of there fast, whilst the unfortunate scallie lies unconscious in the street. News of the incident quickly spreads through the estate and a war council convenes to formulate an appropriate direct action response. No Strongman comes on their patch and chucks Top Boys through pub windows. It's decided....... The following evening a 200 strong mob of Baddies gathers on the common. They attack the circus just before the last show of the evening. These Baddies really mean business - beating and giving a good kicking to the Strongman, all the clowns (even the little one) and the ring master. Still not wholly satisfied they start burning down the big top and then release all the animals from their cages. Suddenly there's lions tigers and elephants stampeding out across the common towards the bright lights of the town. Before too long crazed circus animals are prowling the mean streets of Huyton terrorizing the local residents. Special police and zoo swat teams arrive on the scene. A lion is shot outside the King's Head. A tiger finds itself in Betty's Hair Salon on Mortimer Street, whilst the elephant roams unchallenged up and down the High Street. The chaos lasts until the next morning when all the animals are rounded up or shot. The Baddies will not bring such glory upon themselves again until they hijack the P&O ferry the following year. But that's a story for another time.

Graham Ramsay 1996.

http://www.beaglesramsay.co.uk/huytonbaddies.htm

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #7180 on: May 29, 2016, 12:35:27 pm »
Don't think I've seen such a mixed opinion on a song since we'll be coming down the road started up.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #7181 on: May 31, 2016, 08:16:00 pm »
I had the pleasure of meeting some of the Huyton baddies in Budapest. I was able to witness their dislike to what had happened in Afghanistan, when a number of service personnel made the ultimate sacrifice. They displayed their anger at our service personnel losing their lives in the form of a flag. It was in relation to a recent spate of losses of folk from the City. I had no problem with them or their message and they seemed like a good crew to me.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #7182 on: May 31, 2016, 10:26:09 pm »
Are the Huyton Fatties related to them ?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #7183 on: June 1, 2016, 08:21:45 pm »
Boxhead  :boxhead

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7184 on: June 2, 2016, 10:05:42 pm »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7185 on: June 9, 2016, 09:36:52 am »
Huyton Baddies Versus The Circus.

First, a little background on the Huyton Baddies...
250 strong gang of hooligans and petty criminals. Famous for football related looting sprees across Europe in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Huyton, Liverpool 1977. Every year in September, the circus would come to the common in Huyton, a nice spot of sub Billy Smart family entertainment. The big top had been up for a couple of days when the Strongman was in one of the local pubs having an aftershow drink with the Trapeze Girl. One of the Huyton Baddies top boys was also in the bar with a mate who was hyping him up to have a crack at the Trapeze Girl. So up he goes, all swagger, to chat her up right under the nose of the Strongman. After a brief exchange of pleasantries the Strongman just grabs the Baddie Top Boy, picks him up above his head and throws him through the front window of the snug. Not surprisingly, the Trapeze Girl and him get out of there fast, whilst the unfortunate scallie lies unconscious in the street. News of the incident quickly spreads through the estate and a war council convenes to formulate an appropriate direct action response. No Strongman comes on their patch and chucks Top Boys through pub windows. It's decided....... The following evening a 200 strong mob of Baddies gathers on the common. They attack the circus just before the last show of the evening. These Baddies really mean business - beating and giving a good kicking to the Strongman, all the clowns (even the little one) and the ring master. Still not wholly satisfied they start burning down the big top and then release all the animals from their cages. Suddenly there's lions tigers and elephants stampeding out across the common towards the bright lights of the town. Before too long crazed circus animals are prowling the mean streets of Huyton terrorizing the local residents. Special police and zoo swat teams arrive on the scene. A lion is shot outside the King's Head. A tiger finds itself in Betty's Hair Salon on Mortimer Street, whilst the elephant roams unchallenged up and down the High Street. The chaos lasts until the next morning when all the animals are rounded up or shot. The Baddies will not bring such glory upon themselves again until they hijack the P&O ferry the following year. But that's a story for another time.

Graham Ramsay 1996.

http://www.beaglesramsay.co.uk/huytonbaddies.htm

Where did you get that image from mate?  The guy stood on the fountain looks remarkably like a guy I got a picture of inside Ljubljana's ground (UEFA cup 2003).  He sat through the whole game in that elephant pouch. :)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7186 on: June 9, 2016, 11:15:05 am »
Where did you get that image from mate?  The guy stood on the fountain looks remarkably like a guy I got a picture of inside Ljubljana's ground (UEFA cup 2003).  He sat through the whole game in that elephant pouch. :)

That's Trafalgar Square 2005 or 2007 mate. I'm inclined to think it's 2005 though as the turnout in 2007 wasn't quite as good. I remember there was an attempt to dye the fountains red but they must have something in them to help prevent this as the dye didn't spread as well as you'd imagine.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #7187 on: June 9, 2016, 04:34:26 pm »
That's Trafalgar Square 2005 or 2007 mate. I'm inclined to think it's 2005 though as the turnout in 2007 wasn't quite as good. I remember there was an attempt to dye the fountains red but they must have something in them to help prevent this as the dye didn't spread as well as you'd imagine.

Thats 2007 as a quick google showed.

http://onthekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=3668.0 - discussion about that incident on that forum

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #7188 on: June 9, 2016, 09:06:40 pm »

The one on the fence is called Marti (I think )  I got to no him from all his antics at Euro Aways. He was up for anything for a laugh. The police didn't know what to do with him when he was on the fence...in the end they just laughed an more or less encouraged him. Was a good laugh 😃😃

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7189 on: June 9, 2016, 10:33:00 pm »
The one on the fence is called Marti (I think )  I got to no him from all his antics at Euro Aways. He was up for anything for a laugh. The police didn't know what to do with him when he was on the fence...in the end they just laughed an more or less encouraged him. Was a good laugh 😃😃

hahaha cheers. yeah he stayed on that fence in his undies all game

I've got some bigger photos of him that night and yes you're right, the riot police and crowd all stood there laughing their tits off at him.  Their 'Ultras' behind the goal were trying to look hard and let flares off and stuff but no fucker was interested. Was more fun laughing at Marti :)

Offline 5Goldstars

• Main Stander
  • ........Make that 6 Gold Stars
« Reply #7190 on: June 11, 2016, 07:26:31 pm »
Remember reading one of the first 'Hooligan books' in the late 80's and the Huyton Baddies were mentioned a few times going to England games
or International tournament's in the 80's can't remember what the book was called
Liverpool fc, bastion of invincibility

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #7191 on: August 6, 2016, 08:16:52 pm »
What the fuck was that.

Mexican waves. Adverts during the game. American announcer. The PAOK/Iceland clap. Clapping their subs (not just masch/suarez). Chants of 'who are ya'. Unreal amount of half and half scarves.

Get me to Burnley in two weeks.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7192 on: August 6, 2016, 08:36:10 pm »
What the fuck was that.

Mexican waves. Adverts during the game. American announcer. The PAOK/Iceland clap. Clapping their subs (not just masch/suarez). Chants of 'who are ya'. Unreal amount of half and half scarves.

Get me to Burnley in two weeks.

Anyone who partakes in the Mexican wave at football should be put down !!

Not sure there's to much wrong with clapping their subs in a friendly though.  Either way glad I stayed at home....

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7193 on: August 6, 2016, 09:09:15 pm »
Loved the football (on TV) but would have been so pissed off to have spent a shed full of dosh to sit through such an abject atmosphere.   Roll on the real thing.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7194 on: August 6, 2016, 09:15:06 pm »
What the fuck was that.

A pre-season friendly?
:D

Offline pompeyred

• lock up your bins
  • Anny Roader
  • NO PEACE TILL JUSTICE IS DONE JUSTICE FOR THE 97
« Reply #7195 on: August 6, 2016, 09:33:45 pm »
Anyone who partakes in the Mexican wave at football should be put down !!

Not sure there's to much wrong with clapping their subs in a friendly though.  Either way glad I stayed at home....

I swear to you I was thinking the same I was there and did not part take in a mexican wave we are liverpool not engerlund
SOS Member #6283

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7196 on: August 6, 2016, 09:36:26 pm »
A pre-season friendly?

No - it was a fucking horror show. Thankfully for most of those twats it will be their first and last Liverpool game. The c*nts behind us who started the Mexican wave and the Iceland chant would hopefully get a good kicking if they ever tried that at a real match.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #7197 on: August 6, 2016, 09:57:15 pm »
A pre-season friendly?

We, as fans, are not chosen or manufactured. I was born a red.

Those trying to start chants done by every other shite club, or a mexican wave which you see at the olympics during a break are not proper liverpool fans.

Hearing Gerrard songs and half and half scarves infuriates me.

Can't imagine how i would have felt if we lost..

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #7198 on: August 6, 2016, 11:14:18 pm »
It's practically double the Anfield capacity, at Wembley, for a pre-season friendly. Not sure what people were expecting.
Was dreading people doing the Iceland thing though. Sake.
Pretty fun afternoon out to be honest. Good fun in the concourse at half time too.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7199 on: August 6, 2016, 11:24:24 pm »
Typical Wembley game, full of fucking idiots.