Round Table Discussion - Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal
Posted by royhendo on September 2, 2012, 03:32:44 PM
Well, what can you say? I thought Arsenal were controlled, and in particular the midfield three were excellent. The two goals were genuine moments of quality in channels we're gonna look vulnerable in while we're bedding into this system - that ball in behind the full-back, who's gonna be on the turn in this formation. We need to learn how to deal with that.
- Is the transfer deadline day oversight in any way a cause of the result?
- Did our midfield three cope tactically with an excellent Arsenal trio?
- Was Sahin ready to start that game?
- Do we have an issue with Pepe Reina?
- Will Suarez hit form?
- Is there a difficult decision to make re Gerrard?
On a positive note:
- What about Sterling?
- What about Allen?
And Shelvey did well late on.
An odd position. It's clearly not the Hodgson-related feeling of powerless despair; but equally, it's not clicking yet. Will it click given time?
View Comments | Post Comment